"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lapislettuce
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Lapislettuce » Tue May 23, 2017 3:49 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:
omaro34 wrote:Watch the fat Teletubby knock Vegeta out of the ring. The meltdown will be extraordinary :lol:
I would enjoy it actually. also Gohan and Cauli going all out againts eachother and Cauli ending up winning would be hilarious.
"THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE MY BIG COMEBACK, YOU OP BITCH!"
Lool !!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue May 23, 2017 3:59 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
omaro34 wrote:Watch the fat Teletubby knock Vegeta out of the ring. The meltdown will be extraordinary :lol:
I would enjoy it actually. also Gohan and Cauli going all out againts eachother and Cauli ending up winning would be hilarious.
It wouldn't match the meltdown that came after Episode 66, but it would come close. :P

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue May 23, 2017 4:10 pm

Both situations I am fine with..
Definitely not episode 66 level meltdown material..
Super will have to do something way worse than that to top it, and that seems unlikely with how good things are going now
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Tue May 23, 2017 4:14 pm

:shifty:
MagmonKai wrote:
Sandubadear wrote:Zen promised he wouldn't destroy the universe who wins the tournament. Even if Goku wished to bring everyone from the 7 other universes to u7, Zen can't go back on his word and destroy them.

You assume Zeno is someone who honors his word. The thing is literally child like, what's to say he won't forget to "not" destroy them?
That's why the grand priest exists.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue May 23, 2017 4:15 pm

I don't care if Vegeta wins or loses; he escaped the realm of boring retirement last weekend and is back to being himself again and that's good enough for me.

I still think Kale is gonna be the one Gohan fights; giant latent power vs giant latent power.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Tue May 23, 2017 4:45 pm

Chuquita wrote:I don't care if Vegeta wins or loses; he escaped the realm of boring retirement last weekend and is back to being himself again and that's good enough for me.

I still think Kale is gonna be the one Gohan fights; giant latent power vs giant latent power.
Yeah i think the same they both have that potential unlocked thing going on.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Tue May 23, 2017 5:15 pm

kinisking wrote::shifty:
MagmonKai wrote:
Sandubadear wrote:Zen promised he wouldn't destroy the universe who wins the tournament. Even if Goku wished to bring everyone from the 7 other universes to u7, Zen can't go back on his word and destroy them.

You assume Zeno is someone who honors his word. The thing is literally child like, what's to say he won't forget to "not" destroy them?
You really think he can challenge the Zenos?

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Tue May 23, 2017 5:17 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
Gog wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Why the heck is Frost not in his first form?
I don't think he can revert.
He can. It was said twice in the Champa arc.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Tue May 23, 2017 5:37 pm

Chuquita wrote:I don't care if Vegeta wins or loses; he escaped the realm of boring retirement last weekend and is back to being himself again and that's good enough for me.

It would be a nice experience for Gohan facing someone who resembles his old self(who depended on rage power to win battles).

Goku vs Caulifla, this should be where Goku starts showing treats of a sensei(foreshadowing his future meeting with Uub) and gives Caulifla a nice lesson, letting her know the gap not only in power but in experience and skills.

Vegeta vs Cabba II, Cabba unlocks Blue and gives Vegeta a nice fight, where he is proud of him for the improvement since U6 Arc. :thumbup:

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue May 23, 2017 6:02 pm

They're pretty much building up to Gohan winning the tournament. All the signs are there overall. Vegeta's probably going to make it towards the end but lose when there's around 5-10 fighters left or so out of the 80. Goku and Gohan will probably be the last two from Universe 7 around, and I think Goku will get knocked out of bounds.

The only alternative I can see is Cabba/Kale/Caulifa being the ones to win, but then I would see it hard to convince Zeno to spare universes as much as if Goku's team won because he's friendly with him.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Tue May 23, 2017 6:08 pm

precita wrote:They're pretty much building up to Gohan winning the tournament. All the signs are there overall. Vegeta's probably going to make it towards the end but lose when there's around 5-10 fighters left or so out of the 80. Goku and Gohan will probably be the last two from Universe 7 around, and I think Goku will get knocked out of bounds.

The only alternative I can see is Cabba/Kale/Caulifa being the ones to win, but then I would see it hard to convince Zeno to spare universes as much as if Goku's team won because he's friendly with him.
Gohan vs Jiren as the main fight would be the most unpredictable fight in the series, most fans would think "lol Gohan will job because he isnt Goku" and Jiren wins, then persuades Zeno in using the Dragon Balls to revive the destroyed Universes because he sees Gohan and Goku were never evil.

Gohan defeating Jiren via using strategy and not raw power would be the perfect ending, this arc has implied that strategy and teamwork is better than using brute strength.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue May 23, 2017 6:52 pm

I don't know if people are aware but if you add up the episode count of Dragon Ball, Z, GT and Super then the next episode will be the 600th episode of the overall series.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue May 23, 2017 6:56 pm

Bullza wrote:I don't know if people are aware but if you add up the episode count of Dragon Ball, Z, GT and Super then the next episode will be the 600th episode of the overall series.
And One Piece will still be longer while still being one series... Jesus Christ...
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Tue May 23, 2017 8:44 pm

MagmonKai wrote:
kinisking wrote::shifty:
MagmonKai wrote:

You really think he can challenge the Zenos?
They listen to him though.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Tue May 23, 2017 8:57 pm

Bullza wrote:I don't know if people are aware but if you add up the episode count of Dragon Ball, Z, GT and Super then the next episode will be the 600th episode of the overall series.
I'm more concerned with Super's growing episode count. It's gonna go past 100, that much we already know. Never before the series has been stuck in one period/era for so long. The passage of time and physical growth/maturing of the cast have been one of the core aspects of the series. I really hope this doesn't go beyond 150 episodes, let alone 200. They need to move post-EOZ sooner than later.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue May 23, 2017 9:15 pm

Basaku wrote:I'm more concerned with Super's growing episode count. It's gonna go past 100, that much we already know. Never before the series has been stuck in one period/era for so long. The passage of time and physical growth/maturing of the cast have been one of the core aspects of the series. I really hope this doesn't go beyond 150 episodes, let alone 200. They need to move post-EOZ sooner than later.
You do know that Majin Buu saga lasted 91 episodes right? Still, I agree with you. Nowadays watching an overly long saga would be boring unless each episode brought something interesting, new and that adds to the lore, a substantial content but that's rare, even more when we're talking about Dragon Ball (although I must say, Future Trunks saga was cool exactly because of this, there were less filler episodes and boring moments than the usual).

I'm worried too about the physical growth and maturing, mainly Goten and Trunks, their situation is getting worse and worse.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue May 23, 2017 9:43 pm

I think there's enough story potential to get the series to 200 episodes before getting to EoZ if they wanted to.

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Tue May 23, 2017 9:46 pm

Grimlock wrote: I'm worried too about the physical growth and maturing, mainly Goten and Trunks, their situation is getting worse and worse.
Ohh I gave up on that one already. I mean, Present Trunks is now older than Future Trunks was in History of Trunks and we all know how that looked like (got even reanimated in Super itself lol!) and Goten is somehow suppoused to eclipse full-Saiyan-Goku's growth spurt during Piccolo saga to reach his EOZ size in just 3-4 years lol.
Bullza wrote:I think there's enough story potential to get the series to 200 episodes before getting to EoZ if they wanted to.
Is there? At some point, even if new arcs keep getting added, it will really start to feel like endless milking of this "peace-era" gap.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Tue May 23, 2017 10:06 pm

Arent Trunks and Goten currently around 12 and 11 years old?

I'm also think that Cabba, Kale and Caulifla are probably 15-16 years old.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue May 23, 2017 10:09 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Arent Trunks and Goten currently around 12 and 11 years old?

I'm also think that Cabba, Kale and Caulifla are probably 15-16 years old.
Goten is 14 and Trunks is 15. We're roughly ~3 years from EoZ timeline wise.