"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Sani007 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:54 pm

Yes, that would be logical. But Dragon Ball Super is over, though there was no reason for it.
I will be very happy if you are right. I really like Dragon Ball Super, and I'm still angry that it's over. But I don"t trust a new weekly TV show.
As I said: Now the franchise will be successful for years without any real, serious new story like 2002-2013.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:56 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
You shouldn’t speak s if you know. Financial success doesn’t mean that things will continue.
You having zero doubts is as reliable as any other fan stating it.
This is a business, the parties involved don't hate money and in this day and age companies don't let successful franchises just die.
Dragon Ball will be back on TV within the next two years, probably next year.

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:57 pm

Guys, don't be mad when you'll see that you are wrong. DB is ending for good, except for movies, oav and games.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:59 pm

Sani007 wrote:Yes, that would be logical. But Dragon Ball Super is over, though there was no reason for it.
I will be very happy if you are right. I really like Dragon Ball Super, and I'm still angry that it's over. But I don"t trust a new weekly TV show.
As I said: Now the franchise will be successful for years without any real, serious new story like 2002-2013.
Why would you say there is no reason for it? Dragon Ball Super's production was a disaster and it caused the show to be Toei's most expensive show despite it being nowhere near their best looking.
It's Kitaro's 50th anniversary and a successful franchise like Dragon Ball needs a better production so it costs less, can run for a long time without risk of complete collapse and can be more properly utilized, things lined up perfectly.
Toei, Bandai and Shueisha aren't stupid, and the Dragon Ball Room wasn't set up for a franchise they were going to put to rest.
Last edited by ArchedThunder on Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:00 pm

Toei's planning on doing a Saint Seiya series in 2019 - https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily- ... 19/.128155
For all we know that's what'll replace Kitaro next year instead of Dragon Ball returning.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:02 pm

Chuquita wrote:Toei's planning on doing a Saint Seiya series in 2019 - https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily- ... 19/.128155
For all we know that's what'll replace Kitaro next year instead of Dragon Ball returning.
Saint Seiya is a TV Asahi show.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:03 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Toei's planning on doing a Saint Seiya series in 2019 - https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily- ... 19/.128155
Saint Seiya is a TV Asashi show.
Did not know. Not a franchise I follow.

That's good news for Super though since that won't be a possible deterrent.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:09 pm

So, Goku only surpasses Beerus with his mastered UI. This means that Ultra Instinct Omen is weaker.

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:17 pm

"nowhere near their best looking"
I think such a thing never cared for Toei.

Dragon Room will be able to sell Dragon Ball without any real content such in the past: Dragon Ball Heroes, Dragon Ball SD, Dragon Ball Discross, Plan to eradicate the Super Saiyans...

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:22 pm

Sani007 wrote:"nowhere near their best looking"

Dragon Room will be able to sell Dragon Ball without any real content such in the past: Dragon Ball Heroes, Dragon Ball SD, Dragon Ball Discross, Plan to eradicate the Super Saiyans...
It doesn't matter if they do or don't care that it's not their best looking show, what matters is that they had to spend so much money on the show just to keep it from falling apart and were not able to do things like TV specials and movies because of the poor state of Super's production.
And again, Dragon Ball has been making WAY more money with Super on air than when it was just movies and the money made during the "OVA" period is like pennies compared to the money they are making now. I'll say it again, Toei, Bandai and Shueisha don't hate money and they successfully revived the Dragon Ball franchise, this is a business and in the current climate when you have a successful series you don't just end it because you feel like it. Dragon Ball WILL return to TV within the next 2 years, you can count on it, and I don't think it will even take 2 years for it to return.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:46 pm

Like I said, db is ending for good as we know so far. People should not expect a new series near the future. Probably movies and definitely games. Probably a few mangas like dragon ball heroes.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:59 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:Like I said, db is ending for good as we know so far. People should not expect a new series near the future. Probably movies and definitely games. Probably a few mangas like dragon ball heroes.
And like I said, the chance of Dragon Ball actually ending right now is zero. How many times to do I have to say it? Bandai, Toei and Shueisha don't hate money. This isn't the kind of success companies just let die in this day and age.
This is a business, not doing a new series following Kitaro would be completely idiotic and bad for business.
There will be a new series as soon as Kitaro ends, count on it.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:06 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:Like I said, db is ending for good as we know so far. People should not expect a new series near the future. Probably movies and definitely games. Probably a few mangas like dragon ball heroes.
And like I said, the chance of Dragon Ball actually ending right now is zero. How many times to do I have to say it? Bandai, Toei and Shueisha don't hate money. This isn't the kind of success companies just let die in this day and age.
This is a business, not doing a new series following Kitaro would be completely idiotic and bad for business.
There will be a new series as soon as Kitaro ends, count on it.
Stop being delusional. Db ending is a thing, done, get it? Good. Unless stated otherwise. It would only hurt you more once db ends. And who cares about a business. It that is where they wanted the story to end, that’s where it would snd

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:11 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Stop being delusional. Db ending is a thing, done, get it? Good. Unless stated otherwise. It would only hurt you more once db ends. And who cares about a business. It that is where they wanted the story to end, that’s where it would snd
You think the production committee wants the story to end? Now that's delusional. The production committee doesn't give a flying shit about that stuff, they care about money.
Dragon Ball Super doesn't exist because an artist had a story they wanted to tell, it exists solely because Toei, Shueisha and Bandai wanted to make more money.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:22 pm

Seems like some people still need sometime to accept dbs ending.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:23 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:

It doesn't matter if they do or don't care that it's not their best looking show, what matters is that they had to spend so much money on the show just to keep it from falling apart and were not able to do things like TV specials and movies because of the poor state of Super's production.
And again, Dragon Ball has been making WAY more money with Super on air than when it was just movies and the money made during the "OVA" period is like pennies compared to the money they are making now. I'll say it again, Toei, Bandai and Shueisha don't hate money and they successfully revived the Dragon Ball franchise, this is a business and in the current climate when you have a successful series you don't just end it because you feel like it. Dragon Ball WILL return to TV within the next 2 years, you can count on it, and I don't think it will even take 2 years for it to return.
What if it doesn't return though? When it first rumored that DBS will end in March or that fans speculated that the Universe Survival saga will be the last, so many people on here were shutting them down saying "It's making too much money for that to happen"...but then it happened. Making a lot of money didn't stop it from ending and being replaced by Kitaro's new anniversary anime. Unless it's confirmed by Toei that it will continue, I think it's best not to jump to conclusions and assume it is 100% guaranteed. We don't even know how long Kitaro will run for but it could be anywhere from one to three years. Sooner or later the series has to come to an end. Some studios prefer to end a series on a high-note or at least some planned ending rather than keep milking it until it stops making money. The movie in December could be the last hurray for the franchise or it could be like BoG and the new series could begin from there. We have no idea at this point but I'm sure we'll learn more as more information about the movie is released.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:24 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:Seems like some people still need sometime to accept dbs ending.
Dragon Ball Super is ending, where did I say it wasn't?
This isn't the end of weekly Dragon Ball and the idea that it is is completely laughable and not based in any sort of reality.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:24 pm

Skar wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:

What if it doesn't return though? When it first rumored that DBS will end in March or that fans speculated that the Universe Survival saga will be the last, so many people on here were shutting them down saying "It's making too much money for that to happen"...but then it happened. Making a lot of money didn't stop it from ending and being replaced by Kitaro's new anniversary anime. Unless it's confirmed by Toei that it will continue, I think it's best not to jump to conclusions and assume it is 100% guaranteed. We don't even know how long Kitaro will run for but it could be anywhere from one to three years. Sooner or later the series has to come to an end. Some studios prefer to end a series on a high-note or at least some planned ending rather than keep milking it until it stops making money. The movie in December could be the last hurray for the franchise or it could be like BoG and the new series could begin from there. We have no idea at this point but I'm sure we'll learn more as more information about the movie is released.
Well it looks like someone here gets it

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:27 pm

Skar wrote: What if it doesn't return though? When it first rumored that DBS will end in March or that fans speculated that the Universe Survival saga will be the last, so many people on here were shutting them down saying "It's making too much money for that to happen"...but then it happened. Making a lot of money didn't stop it from ending and being replaced by Kitaro's new anniversary anime. Unless it's confirmed by Toei that it will continue, I think it's best not to jump to conclusions and assume it is 100% guaranteed. We don't even know how long Kitaro will run for but it could be anywhere from one to three years. Sooner or later the series has to come to an end. Some studios prefer to end a series on a high-note or at least some planned ending rather than keep milking it until it stops making money. The movie in December could be the last hurray for the franchise or it could be like BoG and the new series could begin from there. We have no idea at this point but I'm sure we'll learn more as more information about the movie is released.
I literally just explained why Super could be ending despite it being so successful and money is a big part of that. Take a small hit now so the returns in the future are bigger and they have a sustainable production.
We have statements from Fuji TV saying this isn't the end of the series. The production committee doesn't care about ending on a high note, they aren't going to let this revival go to waste, not with this much money on the table.
Dragon Ball will continue.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:31 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Skar wrote: What if it doesn't return though? When it first rumored that DBS will end in March or that fans speculated that the Universe Survival saga will be the last, so many people on here were shutting them down saying "It's making too much money for that to happen"...but then it happened. Making a lot of money didn't stop it from ending and being replaced by Kitaro's new anniversary anime. Unless it's confirmed by Toei that it will continue, I think it's best not to jump to conclusions and assume it is 100% guaranteed. We don't even know how long Kitaro will run for but it could be anywhere from one to three years. Sooner or later the series has to come to an end. Some studios prefer to end a series on a high-note or at least some planned ending rather than keep milking it until it stops making money. The movie in December could be the last hurray for the franchise or it could be like BoG and the new series could begin from there. We have no idea at this point but I'm sure we'll learn more as more information about the movie is released.
I literally just explained why Super could be ending despite it being so successful and money is a big part of that. Take a small hit now so the returns in the future are bigger and they have a sustainable production.
We have statements from Fuji TV saying this isn't the end of the series. The production committee doesn't care about ending on a high note, they aren't going to let this revival go to waste, not with this much money on the table.
Dragon Ball will continue.
Fuji states that it isn’t the end of the series as a whole. Don’t take that as meaning that the anime will continue soon.