"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

perucho1990
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by perucho1990 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:35 pm

Legion wrote:https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/954141093582401536

Meh, is basically confirmed....
Episodes he worked

101: The Impending Warriors of Justice! The Pride Troopers!!
109: The Ultimate Enemy Approaches Goku! Now, Let Loose! The Killer Spirit Bomb!!
119: New Casualty From Universe 7! The True Ability of Universe 4!!

Bad episodes overall, so I can say its good riddance.

Next better be Kitano and Yamamuro.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:39 pm

precita wrote:Looks like everyone who hated Super got their wish. The rest of us shall hang our heads in shame.
Don't be a drama queen, this is business and Super entertained us a lot for quite a long time, it would be delusional to think this series would have more episodes than Z.
Totamo wrote:adaptation of toriyama's story.......sounds the same to me.
But sadly it's not as DB/Z were adapted from a full work completed by Toriyama not barebones outlines.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:47 pm

I'm happy and sad.

I'm happy because it means we're not overly fatigued by the time it ends, and Toei and Toriyama can make decisions about what what they want to do next.

I'm sad because I'll miss my weekly sub-Super fix, but I'll still be around for the dub (for another two or three years at the current pacing) and the manga's adaptation of the Tournament of Power (for another twenty-six years)

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:50 pm

The dub or manga still isn't the same thing as new Super anime episodes. The manga and dub are just repeated versions of things we've already seen just with some alterations. It's not new content.

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:57 pm

precita wrote:The dub or manga still isn't the same thing as new Super anime episodes. The manga and dub are just repeated versions of things we've already seen just with some alterations. It's not new content.
True but there's already new content announced for end of the year, even with weekly show taking a break. We really can't complain too much, unless the entire 2019 goes by without antyhing new :shifty:

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:07 pm

I think this was a wise decision by Toei. Super has had many inconsistencies with it's writing and animation and it's probably just best for it to end at this point and try to figure out what they're going to do next year (if they decide to bring it back). Now what this means for the narrative with Toppo being confirmed to be GoD level in 125 and Jiren being beyond GoD, Goku will master Ultra Instinct and defeat U11 and rival or surpass Beerus by 131.

It also looks like the Manga will continue to be published monthly for the rest of the year. Maybe this will be it's chance to pull ahead of the anime?

If the movie flops... DBS will never come back.

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:11 pm

precita wrote:Wow, no resolution for Freeza. Nothing for Trunks/Goten.

And if Gohan loses next week, I guess Gohan didn't get a return to glory. This is the worst day of my life.
He was already redeemed months ago. Stop this nonsense.

Swifticuffs
Beyond Newbie

Post by Swifticuffs » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:21 pm

Worst day of your life?... it's an anime.

I'm sort of glad they're taking a hiatus, but I'll miss the build up each week. I enjoyed the majority of what I watched the last 2.5 years... it's been about 2.5, right guys?

Also the best thing to come of this is no Ribrianne (hopefully) ever again. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:27 pm

Noah wrote:
precita wrote:Looks like everyone who hated Super got their wish. The rest of us shall hang our heads in shame.
Don't be a drama queen, this is business and Super entertained us a lot for quite a long time, it would be delusional to think this series would have more episodes than Z.
Totamo wrote:adaptation of toriyama's story.......sounds the same to me.
But sadly it's not as DB/Z were adapted from a full work completed by Toriyama not barebones outlines.
Neither was DB/Z by that logic,it was collaboration effort between him and his editor,just like how the DBS anime is between him and Toei and the DBS manga is between him and Toyotaro.
Unless you mean Toriyama's editors are the spirit of DB,therefore since they are not involved in either version of DBS then its not canon,if so oh well.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:41 pm

All this should make speculation of the ending of the ToP even more interesting.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:54 pm

mecha3000 wrote:
Oh. Well, I wouldn't worry too much. They've been setting up Uub for a while now so it'd be a waste not to make at least ONE LAST Dragon Ball series where Uub, Pan, Goten, Trunks, and Bulla are main characters. It'd be a waste not to. Think about it, we've gotten Super Saiyan Kale and Caulifla also. Why wouldn't they also make established characters like Pan and Bra also go Super Saiyan? And like I said, Uub has already been setup multiple times throughout Super while Goten and Trunks haven't even been used really.

My point is, I feel like everyone needs to not go into FULL SADNESS MODE just because Super is ending. Super is not the BE-ALL and END-ALL of Dragon Ball despite what some fans or even YouTubers have been preaching. There's sure to be more, some way or another.

EDIT: And I agree with Kenneth, I always thought Dragon Ball Ultra would be a badass title for a new series and with Ultra Instinct introduced, it seems possible since DBS is possibly named after Super Saiyan. That's assuming the events of Super continue to be relevant to a new DB series. Honestly, I kinda want something that's not an adjective though. Maybe Dragon Ball V, for fifth series?
Why would I want or care about them?

And Super is named after the Super Dragon Ball.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:00 pm

Question;

SO is this CONFIRMED that Super is going on a Hiatus at some-point or are was just in Rumor Mode Still?! :?: :think:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Derf

Post by Derf » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:03 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:Question;

SO is this CONFIRMED that Super is going on a Hiatus at some-point or are was just in Rumor Mode Still?! :?: :think:
It's confirmed. https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/954155784757166081

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:13 pm

It's not hiatus, it's literally ending. Another DB series may still happen, though.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:17 pm

If its ending then Jiren is jobbing to Mastered UI Goku, and with that it will be U7 erasing every Universe :lol:

Freeza either gets back to hell or hakaid by Beerus, its almost a given the erased Universes will return.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:19 pm

Derf wrote:

It's confirmed. https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/954155784757166081
Sandubadear wrote:It's not hiatus, it's literally ending. Another DB series may still happen, though.
Seems Surprising since the Show is their Major Cash Cow right now, hopefully this is a brief time off but I honestly can't see how they will wrap-up the whole of this story by episode 131.

Either the fights need to come to an end soon or we are left on a cliffhanger.

So is it indeed 131, it seems like a rush to end such a major arc.

Their is allot of story to be told too and allot of New characters just gaining mometum from this arc, seems rather strange to take such a risk, I want to wait and hear more previews to get an idea on how the Hiatus/Ending will wrap up so much in so little time.

Be good for the Heads to give more details as to why this is their plan going forward too.
My #1 in DB!

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:23 pm

Rumor has it that there are still people waiting for the heavily foreshadowed and sure to happen “Planet Sadala arc.”
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:24 pm

Damn. My Saturday nights won't be the same without the weekly dose of Super.

There was just so many ideas they could have explored after the tournament and they were making so much money. I hope we see planet Sadal as one of the concluding episodes of this arc, or perhaps include it in the movie since that would be about Saiyans. Otherwise I would be disappointed.

This means they would have many months to ensure that movie coming out in December would be as good as possible. So there's that. But still, I'm gonna miss the weekly spoilers, speculations and predictions about what is to come next. I'll miss this thread too. I see it dying off when Super sadly comes off the air.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:27 pm

omaro34 wrote:Damn. My Saturday nights won't be the same without the weekly dose of Super.

There was just so many ideas they could have explored after the tournament and they were making so much money. I hope we see planet Sadal as one of the concluding episodes of this arc, or perhaps include it in the movie since that would be about Saiyans. Otherwise I would be disappointed.

This means they would have many months to ensure that movie coming out in December would be as good as possible. So there's that. But still, I'm gonna miss the weekly spoilers, speculations and predictions about what is to come next. I'll miss this thread too. I see it dying off when Super sadly comes off the air.
What would be good is if the Heads of the Production would give some details as to the plan reasons why an ending is happening and why so sudden when the show is such a success?!

Seems rather risky to end now and mostly so soon to try and wrap this all up so fast.

Also what are some future plans for DB beyond the Movie and Games cause to long of a Hiatus will make their product loose ground and harder for it to gain steam again.

I Really would like to hear more info on this to get a better frame of mind on the situation.
My #1 in DB!

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:32 pm

omaro34 wrote:Damn. My Saturday nights won't be the same without the weekly dose of Super.

I personally never cared to see Planet Sadal despite me liking the Saiyans.

It will be dying off since all we will see is circle jerk about the new movie with any scrap of information, or lack of. Look at the pre-release for Resurrection 'F'.

I will probably just drop off entirely until the movie comes out.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.