"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TheOne » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:31 pm

emperior wrote:
TheOne wrote:
hardcorefakes wrote:
He looks how he should be, if anything.

Can't stand skinny, overly-lean Goku from Dragon Ball Super.
Likewise. Another reason I prefer Z animation. When you train and eat like they do, you're gonna get thick. It's cool to have a form like SSG that makes them lean, but overall prefer the thickness of their muscles.
The characters are martial artists, they just shouldn't be this big. Blue Goku's Toriyama design is just perfect, muscle-wise. Or just look at my avatar which is 23rd BT Goku from the Kanzenban cover. I think that's how Goku should look.
I know Goku eats a ton of food but he probably naturally burns all those calories.
By the way it technically makes sense Goku's neck is so thick, as that's one of the parts fighters actively train.
What do bodybuilders do to maximize their size? They do a lot of weight training and eat thousands of calories a day. Which perfectly describes Goku.

What do you do if you just want to lean out? You workout more and eat at a calorie deficit.

I understand you guys want them to be skinnier. Fine whatever. But the actually bulky look is more realistic. Yeah it's technically "martial arts", but its gone well beyond that now.
How i predict the tournament will end:

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:33 pm

Lord Frieza wrote: Not a litataral walls lol. Walls do not have to be brick and morter, concrete or steel. A wall of the mind and body can be repristented as anything, a wall of energy you cannot seem to reach into for example.
Haha, dude, I know what it is..
I am kidding around, because you said Goku "sees" the wall, I put forward showing the visual represention as a brick wall
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:35 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote: Not a litataral walls lol. Walls do not have to be brick and morter, concrete or steel. A wall of the mind and body can be repristented as anything, a wall of energy you cannot seem to reach into for example.
Haha, dude, I know what it is..
I am kidding around, because you said Goku "sees" the wall, I put forward showing the visual represention as a brick wall
Oh sorry lol

Edit: But you idea is similar to my own, just I dont see pure despirastion but also clarity, born of finally realising just whats at stack.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:37 pm

Simere wrote:I like a lot of Toyotaro's V-Jump cover art, but that Caulifla is a real dud. Hope it's not indicative of things to come from him with her.
Mmmmm, I'm going to have to agree. Looks like he stuck too close to what Toriyama drew but it contrasts too much with his already established art style.
Feels over Reals.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:39 pm

Now how long until they ruin this form like blue XD
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:40 pm

HeroR wrote:snip

Sorry HR, I total missed the question hahahah!

I have to cheer for this guy becuse I support Universe 11. Thats part of the thread I'm running as a little extra fun tor the ToP.

I was born on november so I'm a U11 guy.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:43 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:

I have to cheer for this guy becuse I support Universe 11. Thats part of the thread I'm running as a little extra fun tor the ToP.

I see. Thanks for the clarification.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:45 pm

HeroR wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:

On what? My support of U11 or the fact I'm an idiot :lol: .

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:46 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Now how long until they ruin this form like blue XD
He is clearly holding back when he used that form against uub,because ki control
    -everyone in 2018
    Last edited by The gr on Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Mostly active on discord.

HeroR
    Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:46 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
    HeroR wrote:
    Lord Frieza wrote:

On what? My support of U11 or the fact I'm an idiot :lol: .
    On your support in U11. :)
    Kanassa wrote:
    Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Kanassa
    Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:48 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
    Simere wrote:I like a lot of Toyotaro's V-Jump cover art, but that Caulifla is a real dud. Hope it's not indicative of things to come from him with her.
    She has an expression very similar to freeza.. That's quite surprising
    I'd say more a Majin Vegeta face
    When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
    FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
    - FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Sandubadear
    I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:48 pm

Toshio said to watch out for Zarbuto, so I'm guessing he is the Tsufurujin. Plus, Tsufurujin are supposed to be small, so it can't be any of the 3 big guys.
    "The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
    --by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
    Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

perucho1990
    I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:51 pm

Toyotaro should have more creative control over the series by 2018, so it should be handled fine.

Lord Frieza
    I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:53 pm

Sandubadear wrote:Toshio said to watch out for Zarbuto, so I'm guessing he is the Tsufurujin. Plus, Tsufurujin are supposed to be small, so it can't be any of the 3 big guys.
    Hopefully this will mean more good fighters from U2.

Mnich
    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:58 pm

Are you sure this Tsufurujin is from U2? Because there is that blue little guy from U3 that reminds me of Baby from GT. I thought he might be a Tsufurujin.
    [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
    Last edited by Mnich on Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Michsi
    I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:02 pm

Wow, a so much to take in! Well, let's take it one at a time.
    First:
    dbgtFO wrote: All the answers you need right here:
    MR.Mark wrote:You guys sure it's not just a white glare on the black pupil making it look like cat eyes? Ether way I'm pleased af with this design.
    Geraldix wrote:I really don't know where you people are seeing slit pupils here. It's a normal, rounded pupil with a white reflex above it. Here:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
    I actually noticed the white glare from the get go, but I kept thinking "Why there?" The typical white anime glare is usually put on the corner for shine, it doesn't change the roundness of the pupil. Definitely not so drastically. Eitherway, I'd be a little bummed out it turned out it's only the eye color that changes.

As far as the cover is concerned: I don't follow the manga, but I gotta say the cover looks great. And personally, I think that's my favorite picture of Caulifla to date. She looks feral and confident (a little more saiyan like ) I always thought the anime focused a little too much on making her look childish and cute.

And about giving Gohan back his purple gi. I think it's fitting. I had actually hoped he'd be wearing these colors in the anime too, given that Piccolo is the one that got him back in shape. DB established several times that wearing your teacher's gi is a sign of respect, and Piccolo is the one that taught him how to fight. Him asking for his father's gi in the Buu saga was symbolic, and sweet and all, but it'd be sad if he'd stop using Piccolo's gi completely.

Sandubadear
    I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:04 pm

Mnich wrote:Are you sure this Tsufurujin is from U2? Because there is that blue little guy from U3 that reminds me of Baby from GT. I thought he might be a Tsufurujin.
    Yes, it says about the Tsufurujin in the U2 section.
    [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

In the U3 section its written how the team is nine reconstructed warriors being controlled by one guy.
    "The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
    --by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
    Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

HeroR
    Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:05 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
    Toyotaro should have more creative control over the series by 2018, so it should be handled fine.
    What are you even basing this on?
    Kanassa wrote:

Baggie_Saiyan
    Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:06 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
    You keep saying these things yet there isn't any proof. They ain't gonna let some newbie handle DB, just because he's helping Toriyama out with designs doesn't mean anything. And regardless of Toei will still do Toei, Toyo isn't gonna write every script do every SB for the anime.

SansrivaaL
    I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:08 pm

It would be funny if the pupils were actually half black and half white, like yin yang.