"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Sat May 27, 2017 1:05 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote: Who wants Roshi besides Toriyama?!
Dont forget Toriyama also wanted the Pilaf Gang, this current scene of humor matches current Vince McMahon tbh.
Don't forget Toyo traces all over his art 24/7 and take all his characters moves from Toriyama or Toei. Made black a complete rip off of xicor. Dude toyo is not creative at all.

all of merged zamasu attatcks are rip offs of Akira's Kaioshin moves and Toei's Janemba moves.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat May 27, 2017 1:05 pm

ChaosLordBrandon wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Israelite Wolfman wrote: Hahaha If u think that wasting your life on protecting saint akira is a worthy choice, I won't stop you. And I'm well aware that he stated his favorites are Piccolo (up till the creation of Jaco) and nowadays Jaco, but the pumping of Roshi since 2015 with Resurrection 'F' is merely because he likes this character.
So instead of addressing my points you used the tired "protect Toriyama line" and throw spades at the poster. Seriously, use something original.

And when you used the terms "creator pets" or "favorite" you usually need data to back it up other than "he's using his character". He didn't like Vegeta and kept him around and he now shares the main character role with Goku. Also, Mr. Satan was his favorite before Jaco. Also, Roshi hasn't been really used since Resurrection 'F' and so far several characters like Gohan, Krillin and 17 has gotten more screne time than him.

The people on the Dragon Ball Forever poll where he beat Tien and Yamcha despite being a none factor in Z. He also got some of the biggest cheers in Resurrection 'F' next to Jaco.
perucho1990 wrote:
Again, that Bardock special was for DBH, Ooshi also did the Yo Son Goku and Friends return chapters.

What made "DBZ" great was Toriyama + his great editor who IIRC it was Morishima?, once he got rid of him the quality decreased..

In DBS it should be Toyo+Ooshi+ DBRoom, Toyo provides basic ideas/outlines, Ooshi provides the comedy relief aspect/gags, and DB Room help to extend Toyo outlines to make them entertaining.

I know this is highly impossible, but if DBS ever had Susumu Hirasawa instead of Summitomo for OST, his theme songs couldve helped the Black Arc reach Namek Saga level of Quality for example.
Selective memory since that editor you praised loved Resurrection 'F'. And nothing in Toyo's history shows him as a good storyteller or a beacon of creativity.

Also, disagree on you so much on the soundtrack.
Toyo literary jacks and traces over Toriyama's art many times in every single chapter to, not to mention all his characters moves are from toriyama or toei. Toyo is not creative at all.

And it's funny because the editor he is talking about LOVED rof. he had zero problems with the pilaf gang in it to.
Drop This,I'm getting sick of the same criticism every month about the manga, blah Toyo trace blah blah he has no originality blah blah,if I get a dollar about hearing those I will be rich, and is not tracing,is a homage for Christ sake and not every chapter have those homage.
Last edited by The gr on Sat May 27, 2017 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mostly active on discord.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat May 27, 2017 1:06 pm

Sandubadear wrote:I wonder if these U3 robots are Toriyama designs. He liked/likes to draw robots, so just like him being insistent on the jokes, he could have insisted on drawing the robots himself.
The images which we got, don't look toriyama to me..They look toie original
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Sat May 27, 2017 1:08 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
Sandubadear wrote:I wonder if these U3 robots are Toriyama designs. He liked/likes to draw robots, so just like him being insistent on the jokes, he could have insisted on drawing the robots himself.
How exactly do you know what is a Toriyama or Toei exclusive design?

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Sat May 27, 2017 1:09 pm

They look exactly like his Chorno Trigger/Dragon Quest designs so they most likely are from him. If you type Dragon Quest robots on google you will see what I am talking about.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sat May 27, 2017 1:09 pm

The way Zamasu used Janenmba portals ability on Goku in the manga looked creative.

Toei might not be perfect but I like when they try to think outside the box like Anime Black personality, or Merged Zamasu godly abilities.

What I would want for tonights episode is for the U6 saiyans to continue gaining popularity, hoping that they get an arc centered on them for the future or a spinoff series. :thumbup:
Last edited by perucho1990 on Sat May 27, 2017 1:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Israelite Wolfman
Banned

Post by Israelite Wolfman » Sat May 27, 2017 1:10 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
HeroR wrote:
The people on the Dragon Ball Forever poll where he beat Tien and Yamcha despite being a none factor in Z. He also got some of the biggest cheers in Resurrection 'F' next to Jaco.
Did he?! I didn't hear any of it. Maybe it was because of the noise of people talking about power levels and complaining how Yamcha, Buu, Goten and Trunks were left out in the Movie?!

As for Jaco, I'm pretty sure outside of the hardcore fanbase there were more people wondering who he was than cheering him up.
Israelite Wolfman wrote: FortuneSSJ, I have called this exact scenario last week.
Great minds think alike! :thumbup:
Agree on all, pal. :)

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat May 27, 2017 1:10 pm

MagmonKai wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
"Don't look toriyama to me"
And
"Those aren't from Toriyama"
Big difference
Last edited by Ki Breaker on Sat May 27, 2017 1:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat May 27, 2017 1:10 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Dont forget Toriyama also wanted the Pilaf Gang, this current scene of humor matches current Vince McMahon tbh.
I love the Pilaf Gang and was very happy to see them return in BoG. I think they make great additions to Bulma and Vegeta's household. Same with Roshi, although I'm not very fond of his amplified perviness in the last few episodes.
HeroR wrote:Please. Only the hardcore fan base gives two craps about "power levels". Fans were happy to see they're favorite characters fight again for the first time in decades, especially fans of Roshi since he haven't fought since the 22nd tourument. And no cared about Yamcha that much and saw his excluding as a joke.

People who didn't know who Jaco was cheered him, which was why people were surprised. This was in American movies to boot.
Seeing Jaco in RoF actually made me read his manga. I knew that it existed prior to the movie but I never expected to see him animated. I'm just waiting for Beelzebub, Rao and Thief to pop up somewhere. :lol:

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Sat May 27, 2017 1:13 pm

The gr wrote:
ChaosLordBrandon wrote:
HeroR wrote:
So instead of addressing my points you used the tired "protect Toriyama line" and throw spades at the poster. Seriously, use something original.

And when you used the terms "creator pets" or "favorite" you usually need data to back it up other than "he's using his character". He didn't like Vegeta and kept him around and he now shares the main character role with Goku. Also, Mr. Satan was his favorite before Jaco. Also, Roshi hasn't been really used since Resurrection 'F' and so far several characters like Gohan, Krillin and 17 has gotten more screne time than him.

Selective memory since that editor you praised loved Resurrection 'F'. And nothing in Toyo's history shows him as a good storyteller or a beacon of creativity.

Also, disagree on you so much on the soundtrack.
Toyo literary jacks and traces over Toriyama's art many times in every single chapter to, not to mention all his characters moves are from toriyama or toei. Toyo is not creative at all.

And it's funny because the editor he is talking about LOVED rof. he had zero problems with the pilaf gang in it to.
Drop This,I'm getting sick of the same criticism every month about the manga, blah Toyo trace blah blah he has no originality blah blah,if I get a dollar about hearing those I will be rich, and is not tracing,is a homage for Christ sake and not every chapter have those homage.
Oh I'm sorry but since the topic was started when that Toyo was better than Akira and Toei should use him instead of Akira I just had to jump in. Sorry if I ruin your enjoyment of the manga in any way but when I saw them say that toyo had better ideas than Akira I just to get involved in the debate.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat May 27, 2017 1:17 pm

perucho1990 wrote:The way Zamasu used Janenmba portals ability on Goku in the manga looked creative.

Toei might not be perfect but I like when they try to think outside the box like Anime Black personality, or Merged Zamasu godly abilities.

What I would want for tonights episode is for the U6 saiyans to continue gaining popularity, hoping that they get an arc centered on them for the future or a spinoff series. :thumbup:
That isn't creative since he just copied Janenmba, which you pointed out yourself. So Toyo just took an idea and recycled it.

I love Anime Black, but he isn't outside the box personality-wise by any means. He has many of the cliches of the standard Dragon Ball villain, but it's the way he's written that makes him different.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Sat May 27, 2017 1:17 pm

perucho1990 wrote:The way Zamasu used Janenmba portals ability on Goku in the manga looked creative.

I Agree with you on this :thumbup: , but I just don't like that toyo idea you had.

Also a U6 saiyan spin off series is a great idea friend, and since Cabba is being treated as a main character in this arc and kind of the two female U6 Saiyans I sure they will get something big in the future.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat May 27, 2017 1:18 pm

Yeah Those ability were a hell of fun,he took advantage by using those ability despite being a rip off of janmeba unlike the blocks, merged zamasu vs goku is one greatest fight imo due of the fact there 0 homages,it was a blast reading that fight because it was cool despite being silly with the whole mastered ssb, but let's drop This and go the manga thread because I'm not in the mood talking about it
ChaosLordBrandon wrote:
The gr wrote:
Oh I'm sorry but since the topic was started when that Toyo was better than Akira and Toei should use him instead of Akira I just had to jump in. Sorry if I ruin your enjoyment of the manga in any way but when I saw them say that toyo had better ideas than Akira I just to get involved in the debate.
there no need to be hostile about it when someone mention Toyo and no one can't ruin my enjoyment about DBS wether is the anime or manga, let's forget about this and talk announcement and new stuff, because that's the reason why I'm here
Mostly active on discord.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Sat May 27, 2017 1:22 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
MagmonKai wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: The images which we got, don't look toriyama to me..They look toie original
And
Big difference
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Is this a Toei Design? Look at how huge her Pupils are...my god they don't even look like saiyans...

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat May 27, 2017 1:24 pm

Caulifla is a Toriyama design.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat May 27, 2017 1:25 pm

MagmonKai wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
MagmonKai wrote:
And
Big difference
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Is this a Toei Design? Look at how huge her Pupils are...my god they don't even look like saiyans...
Cauliflowa is toriyama original

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sat May 27, 2017 1:29 pm

MagmonKai wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I noticed her boobs increased in size :D .

Guys what would be your thoughts if Caulifla jobs to Brianne in the ToP? If she is going to be Vegetas main fight then she needs to defeat someone with credibility(those 2 Okamas obviously dont count).

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat May 27, 2017 1:32 pm

MagmonKai wrote: The Champa arc was very meh...they introduced a Winnie-the-pooh knock off,
Botamo looks similar to Winnie the Pooh, yes, but other than that he nothing like the character.
a guru knock off and now apparently there's a whole universe full of them
What?
and then a freeza replicant,

Yes, Frost is like Freeza, that was the point.
a tween androgynous looking saiyan,
Your point?
and a Cell pallet swap with time powers.
Hit has a similar face to Cell and literally nothing else, that's one hell of a stretch.
Future trunks is a rehash---"oh look my timeline sucks please come save it again." He should have never ever been re-introduced.

Trunks comes from his messed up future, that's where the similarities begin and end with this arc compared to the Androids arc. Trunks's goal is completely different between the two arcs, the state of his world is different, the villains are completely different in appearance, goals and origins.
Goku black is some fan fic idea made real--although I really loved Goku Black-- it still don't make sense.

Evil doppelgangers are not an idea exclusive to fanfics, it's a common trope in fiction. How does Goku Black not make sense? They explain him pretty well.
Goku Black is no less fanficy than the super powerful son of two characters who have had zero hint of any romance between them coming back from the future and effortlessly killing the last main villain.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sat May 27, 2017 1:37 pm

ChaosLordBrandon wrote: I Agree with you on this :thumbup: , but I just don't like that toyo idea you had.

Also a U6 saiyan spin off series is a great idea friend, and since Cabba is being treated as a main character in this arc and kind of the two female U6 Saiyans I sure they will get something big in the future.
I wouldnt be surprised if Cabba is named U6 Captain, Hit wouldnt work as Captain because he would rather be a lone wolf (similar to Goku and Vegeta in that aspect).

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat May 27, 2017 1:41 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
MagmonKai wrote: The Champa arc was very meh...they introduced a Winnie-the-pooh knock off,
Botamo looks similar to Winnie the Pooh, yes, but other than that he nothing like the character.
a guru knock off and now apparently there's a whole universe full of them
What?
and then a freeza replicant,

Yes, Frost is like Freeza, that was the point.
a tween androgynous looking saiyan,
Your point?
and a Cell pallet swap with time powers.
Hit has a similar face to Cell and literally nothing else, that's one hell of a stretch.
Future trunks is a rehash---"oh look my timeline sucks please come save it again." He should have never ever been re-introduced.

Trunks comes from his messed up future, that's where the similarities begin and end with this arc compared to the Androids arc. Trunks's goal is completely different between the two arcs, the state of his world is different, the villains are completely different in appearance, goals and origins.
Goku black is some fan fic idea made real--although I really loved Goku Black-- it still don't make sense.

Evil doppelgangers are not an idea exclusive to fanfics, it's a common trope in fiction. How does Goku Black not make sense? They explain him pretty well.
Goku Black is no less fanficy than the super powerful son of two characters who have had zero hint of any romance between them coming back from the future and effortlessly killing the last main villain.
Honestly, the Future Trunks Saga has more in common with the Buu Saga than the Android/Cell Saga.

And I have been wondering, why do fans keep thinking an evil version of the main character is a fanfic execludive idea when this is a common fiction trope? Don't believe me, go to TV Tropes and look under evil counterparts or evil twin.

Also, reading Trunks' origins like that does read like the beginning of a terrible Sue story.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.