"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:26 am

Simere wrote:How did Dragon Ball raise so many low ambition gatekeepers? The series that had Goku surpassing gods just as a footnote and had the repeated motif of "there's always a new height"? Now we have a large contingent of fans who treat a certain type of god as somehow more sacrosanct than the others—Goku can't get this strong!—and who can't set their sights to anything beyond, despite already knowing there is something.
It's not like Goku needs someone to chase to get stronger anyway. He was the strongest on Earth at the end of Dragon Ball and the strongest in the Universe at the end of Z/beginning of Super but he doesn't rest on his laurels because of that. Goku is on King Kai's planet training at the beginning of BoG before Beerus broadens his horizons by introducing him to the godly realm. Goku trains and pushes himself further just because he can.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:32 am

Gohan and Roshi were the only two who didn't start as rival/antagonist/villain to Goku from all the U7 fighters. That is kinda wild. Definitely hits the how Goku effects others narrative.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:39 am

Scsigs wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:What GT has to do with anything? He didn't even referenced GT on his previous post, at this point I'm starting to think people like to randomly throw that line to bring up another dull canon debate or just to annoy GT fans.
I brought it up because it's a true statement. With all of the stuff Super has introduced into the franchise, there's no way GT can be canon anymore, which was the leading thought anyways since Super started. I'm not trying to slight GT fans or bring up any debates, just stating facts.
But no one has refereced GT before, it's like saying: I hope the new villain is someone Goku have met before and GT is not canon (?)

Then sorry, but your statement made no sense to the subject.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:23 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Gohan and Roshi were the only two who didn't start as rival/antagonist/villain to Goku from all the U7 fighters. That is kinda wild. Definitely hits the how Goku effects others narrative.
And even Roshi got his turn as an antagonist in the 21st tournament!

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:02 pm

It would be cool if they somehow incorporated SSJ4 into the Super timeline.
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:09 pm

GamerSkull wrote:It would be cool if they somehow incorporated SSJ4 into the Super timeline.
Me too, but probably not as-is. Maybe a blue-furred version of it just to keep things consistent.
Feels over Reals.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:44 pm

RedHeat wrote:
GamerSkull wrote:It would be cool if they somehow incorporated SSJ4 into the Super timeline.
Me too, but probably not as-is. Maybe a blue-furred version of it just to keep things consistent.
>Recoloring forms for the sake of it
No thanks. I'd rather stay with the original.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:07 pm

They found a way to get Broly in through Kale so who knows what we'll get in the future with how popular ssj4 is.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:50 pm

sintzu wrote:
They found a way to get Broly in through Kale so who knows what we'll get in the future with how popular ssj4 is.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:59 pm

Simere wrote:
sintzu wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
But U6 Saiyan's don't have tails... and seems like they never did.

But yeah, it would be interesting if they decided to introduce it through them.
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:11 pm

Xeogran wrote:
RedHeat wrote:
Alright, but how would they go around incorporating it then? Unless they mix-match ideas or get rid of god Ki, "SSJ4" won't be coming in intact.
Feels over Reals.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:07 pm

RedHeat wrote:
Xeogran wrote:
RedHeat wrote: Me too, but probably not as-is. Maybe a blue-furred version of it just to keep things consistent.
Alright, but how would they go around incorporating it then? Unless they mix-match ideas or get rid of god Ki, "SSJ4" won't be coming in intact.
Just follow Mira's example:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
He has Saiyan DNA and is able to turn into a form that's basically SS4 despite not having a tail.

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:20 pm

So decided to give GT a watch after reading some of the replies I got and its uh neat to say the least. I've only watched a few episodes so far and isn't to bad so I think I'll keep watching it.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:22 pm

CriticalThinker wrote:So decided to give GT a watch after reading some of the replies I got and its uh neat to say the least. I've only watched a few episodes so far and isn't to bad so I think I'll keep watching it.
You might actually be better off watching it Japanese with subtitles for a) music and b) a chance of proper translation. The English version was happily flinging around with whatever it wanted in whichever situation. Not always, of course. But it is a pretty good thing to know, I guess. And, well the whole atmosphere/music thing.
Last edited by Cetra on Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:33 pm

CriticalThinker wrote:So decided to give GT a watch after reading some of the replies I got and its uh neat to say the least. I've only watched a few episodes so far and isn't to bad so I think I'll keep watching it.
It really picks up closer to Episode 20 when the Baby arc starts proper.
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:35 pm

Cetra wrote:
You might actually be better off watching it Japanese with subtitles for a) music and b) a chance of proper translation. The English version was happily flinging around with whatever it wanted in whichever situation. Not always, of course. But its is a pretty good thing to know, I guess. And well the whole atmosphere/music thing.
Thanks for the tip I'll probably switch over to the Japanese one then if that's the case.

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:38 pm

Cetra wrote:
You might actually be better off watching it Japanese with subtitles for a) music and b) a chance of proper translation. The English version was happily flinging around with whatever it wanted in whichever situation. Not always, of course. But its is a pretty good thing to know, I guess. And well the whole atmosphere/music thing.
GT's original score is great. :D

And yeah, it's better to watch it in japanese... also because english Pan actually comes off as more annoying.
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:49 pm

GamerSkull wrote:GT's original score is great. :D

And yeah, it's better to watch it in japanese... also because english Pan actually comes off as more annoying.
Pan's English voice actress got the short end of the stick when it came to voice acting in GT, since the character devolved into a useless whiner who constantly said, "grandpa" at every corner. I'm glad Super's rectified her character.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:32 pm

Scsigs wrote:
GamerSkull wrote:GT's original score is great. :D

Pan's English voice actress got the short end of the stick when it came to voice acting in GT, since the character devolved into a useless whiner who constantly said, "grandpa" at every corner. I'm glad Super's rectified her character.
Well, I actually don’t mind her character in GT.
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

TheOtherDude
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOtherDude » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:36 pm

GamerSkull wrote:
Cetra wrote:
GT's original score is great. :D

Everything you guys have stated are straight up opinions. Let them watch it with whatever voice/music they desire. Their tastes do not equal your taste.