"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Legion
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Legion » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:07 pm

I've seen the arguments for both sides of this. One argument brought up to support it it not being Jiren is that Whis didn't mention him. But I'm always left wondering how would Whis know Jiren though?
Goku talked about Jiren after his fight with Toppo.

And unless Beerus losing to every Hakaishin in an arm wrestling, then Whis/Beerus knows what universe they're talking about. Imo, is someone in the top 4 universe.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:13 pm

Zamasu55 wrote: Who else could it be?
It can't be Jiren, because Beerus knows as much about Jiren as Goku does when Toppo mentions him.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:51 pm

Kanassa wrote:
It can't be Jiren, because Beerus knows as much about Jiren as Goku does when Toppo mentions him.
Beerus doesn't have to know about Jiren.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:05 pm

Simere wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Beerus doesn't have to know about Jiren.
Jiren would know the mortal that beat him in an arm wrestling contest by name at least as well as the universe they hail from.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:11 pm

Kanassa wrote:Beerus would know the mortal that beat him in an arm wrestling contest by name at least as well as the universe they hail from.
I'm pretty sure Beerus meant he lost to the GoD in an arm wrestling match, not the mortal the GoD can't beat.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:43 pm

Simere wrote:
Kanassa wrote:Beerus would know the mortal that beat him in an arm wrestling contest by name at least as well as the universe they hail from.
I'm pretty sure Beerus meant he lost to the GoD in an arm wrestling match, not the mortal the GoD can't beat.

That is correct. Beerus lost the arm wrestle to the other Hakaishin, not the mortal. Though if it was Jiren, that means Beerus lost to Vermoud, which I think at least would of been brought up.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:54 pm

It is 99% not Jiren. Reason being that we know Goku and co. will win the tournament. If this mortal was so strong it wouldn't be fair. That's like having a GoD on your team. None of the 80 characters will be GoD strength. I suspect this is the reason 4 universes were left out of the tournament of Power because if Whis knows there's a mortal stronger than Beerus out there, then so would the GP and Zeno. For plot reasons alone, you wouldn't want someone of that caliper strength on the fighting board. It would guarantee that U7 would lose, and it would be a slaughterfest.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:10 pm

MagmonKai wrote:It is 99% not Jiren. Reason being that we know Goku and co. will win the tournament. If this mortal was so strong it wouldn't be fair. That's like having a GoD on your team. None of the 80 characters will be GoD strength. I suspect this is the reason 4 universes were left out of the tournament of Power because if Whis knows there's a mortal stronger than Beerus out there, then so would the GP and Zeno. For plot reasons alone, you wouldn't want someone of that caliper strength on the fighting board. It would guarantee that U7 would lose, and it would be a slaughterfest.

Indeed, I suspect it's from one of the four universes. I have a feeling that it may be Gin. Gin himself sounds amazing and strong, imagine if there's a mortal stronger than him. We've heard about Universe 12 before as well, in the manga.

Vados_chan
Banned

Post by Vados_chan » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:26 pm

Can't tell if SansrivaaL is trolling or is just really dumb and ignorant and likes to deny what's shown and said in front of him :think:

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:46 pm

Can't we just agree that there's more evidence supporting it being Jiren than not?
Feels over Reals.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:08 am

Can't you see the evidence right in front of your faces? Goku literally asked Whis if they had any chance at all in winning this tournament, TO WHICH Whis replied: Well, there's a Mortal somewhere in a universe even stronger than it's God of Destruction who is in turn even stronger than Beerus! This was IN RESPONSE to Goku's question as to wether they had any chance at all in THIS tournament. To me, this heavily implies said mortal will be present in this showdown.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:16 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:To me, this heavily implies said mortal will be present in this showdown.
If whoever is part of this then the chances of them winning just dropped to 0 cause there's no way Goku is going to surpass Beerus, which ever destroyer who's stronger than him AND this fighter who's stronger than both of them.

Whenever Goku surpasses someone which isn't often, it's usually by pure luck so him not only making 1 or 2 but 3 huge leaps in strength in a very short amout of time aren't going to happen.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Yomi
Regular

Post by Yomi » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:21 am

sintzu wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:To me, this heavily implies said mortal will be present in this showdown.
If whoever is part of this then the chances of them winning just dropped to 0 cause there's no way Goku is going to surpass Beerus, which ever destroyer who's stronger than him AND this fighter who's stronger than both of them.

Whenever Goku surpasses someone which isn't often, it's usually by pure luck so him not only making 1 or 2 but 3 huge leaps in strength in a very short amout of time aren't going to happen.
It's not like Goku's win is guaranteed, and it's not like a combined effort cannot take a Beerus level person down.
Imagine people Like Hit + Goku + Brianne + Vegeta etc. Vs Jiren. It's a battle royal.

But I'm pretty sure it's Jiren. Who else would it be. Toppo is the next canidate for God Of Destruction, and Jiren is stronger than he is.
Then again, Whis is scouting Goku for the roll for when Beerus kicks the bucket, so I guess that's not good evidence.
:clap:

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:22 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:Can't you see the evidence right in front of your faces? Goku literally asked Whis if they had any chance at all in winning this tournament, TO WHICH Whis replied: Well, there's a Mortal somewhere in a universe even stronger than it's God of Destruction who is in turn even stronger than Beerus! This was IN RESPONSE to Goku's question as to wether they had any chance at all in THIS tournament. To me, this heavily implies said mortal will be present in this showdown.
He also said he didn't know much about the other universes.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:29 am

Yomi wrote:I'm pretty sure it's Jiren. Who else would it be ?
Why tease it if it's someone we know ? I'll be really disappointed if it's him cause 1- they would have teased us for nothing 2- that kind of character has the potential to hold his own arc 3- Jiren seems like a boring character, at least in terms of his design so him being the end all be all will be just bad, especially after getting someone like Black who really set the bar for future villains.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:35 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:Can't you see the evidence right in front of your faces? Goku literally asked Whis if they had any chance at all in winning this tournament, TO WHICH Whis replied: Well, there's a Mortal somewhere in a universe even stronger than it's God of Destruction who is in turn even stronger than Beerus! This was IN RESPONSE to Goku's question as to wether they had any chance at all in THIS tournament. To me, this heavily implies said mortal will be present in this showdown.

Well should all know by now that "evidence right in faces" is not considered 100 percent fact. I think DB super plots and attempted leaks have shown us this on more than one occasion, we should of learned by now.

Regardless, It could very much be Jiren by the wording from Whis however, it would be odd that no one would then mention something like "Oh and that God is the Hakaishin of Universe 11, Vermoud".

Think about this as well...When Beerus was chewing out Goku for being happy about being equal to Universe 11's second best, Would he not openly be nervous the moment Whis said there is a mortal stronger than the GoD who is stronger than himself? He would know it was Universe 11 and I'm sure he would say out loud to Goku that it is then possible it could be the fighter Toppo had told him about.

Like I said, it could very well be Jiren but something at least to me seems off. However, I'm just going to wait and see for myself as there is no confirmation who it is as of yet despite so called "evidence".

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:46 am

Vados_chan wrote:Can't tell if SansrivaaL is trolling or is just really dumb and ignorant and likes to deny what's shown and said in front of him :think:
Whats shown = Goku stomping Toppo
Whats said = They're even, by Toppo (who we just saw doesnt crumble to evil so it could be his pride working) Beerus (the same guy that said just not long ago that Goku killed Toppo) Goku (that just wanted to pump Vegeta up into joining in)
What exactly am I denying and being dumb/ignorant about?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:22 am

I don't think it's Jiren based off of the fact that this is Toriyama he loves subversion, it's way too obvious to be Jiren, it's more likely to be Teletubby than Jiren.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:47 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I don't think it's Jiren based off of the fact that this is Toriyama he loves subversion, it's way too obvious to be Jiren, it's more likely to be Teletubby than Jiren.
Yeah right. A random, fat, female, MORTAL teletubby character is going to be stronger than 2 Gods of Destruction..

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:52 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I don't think it's Jiren based off of the fact that this is Toriyama he loves subversion, it's way too obvious to be Jiren, it's more likely to be Teletubby than Jiren.
Yeah right. A random, fat, female, MORTAL teletubby character is going to be stronger than 2 Gods of Destruction..
But eventually a random monkey is going to be..
Even Einstein is a random guy if you didn't read about him before, Who can say this random female isn't a bombshell..

Wait..... she's fucking fat and ugly..!
Naah, she ain't shit then..
Vegeta totally got this :thumbup:
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker