"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:29 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Man, they are really taking their sweet time before getting to the actual tournament. Either they have something spectacular planned or this tournament will end in a flash. Or maybe they really want every character to get enough screentime before shit goes down. Either way, as long as the content up until the beginning of the tournament is good, that's all that matters to me.
Tournament is 48 minutes.

Obviously this means it'll just be 2 episodes. :wink:
Well, let's do the math:

5 minutes in Dragon Ball time = 10 episodes/3 hours (roughly)/100 lines of dialog.

5 x 10 = 50

So 50 minutes in Dragon Ball time = 50 episodes/30 hours/1000 lines of dialog.

Taking into consideration partly re-animated flashbacks, power-ups, transformation scenes, speeches and Beerus eating... the Tournament Of Power will realistically last about... I don't fucking know.
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:30 pm

They are taking all the time in the world, I am fully confident the tournament will last pretty long with plenty of great fights
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:33 pm

The gr wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
The gr wrote:Gohan needs ultimate right now,is a dream come true Gohan will be revelant to the plot for once
All he needs is his bang and zeno cowers before his glory
Yes we need this ImageThis is the year of gohan, not only he had one of the best filler episode but he had the best fight in the exhibition and Goku and Bergamo,the strongest of u9 complements him, that just makes me happy :mrgreen: ,I hope he has the nerdy and sometimes badass personality when he's ultimate, because I hate the idea if he stays stoic all the time
I don't know, I'd hold off on whether this is really the year of Gohan or not. I'd like to see how prominent (or not) he ends up being in this saga and the succeeding one. As far as the exhibitions, I love that fight, but I gotta go with Majin Boo vs. Basil and Goku vs. Toppo over that. Gohan vs. Lavender gets major points for showing Gohan's combat intelligence.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:33 pm

Grimlock wrote:The tournament won't even begin in May? :eh: Is this all really necessary? The manga just doesn't end Future Trunks saga and the anime just doesn't start the actual saga. What's going on? :|
The saga has started though...? These episodes are vitally important, rules have been stated, tensions have been set, and recruiting the team has begun. They rushed into the U6 arc and thanks to the the zero build up we had no care for the opposite team, no tension set, it felt like a "oh so here's a thing that is happening" with having spectators it just like a run of the mil sports match. This is like completely disregarding everything that happened on Namek before the big Goku vs Freeza fight. The last thing you want to do is rush something as delicate as a premise as this.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:36 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Man, they are really taking their sweet time before getting to the actual tournament. Either they have something spectacular planned or this tournament will end in a flash. Or maybe they really want every character to get enough screentime before shit goes down. Either way, as long as the content up until the beginning of the tournament is good, that's all that matters to me.
Tournament is 48 minutes.

Obviously this means it'll just be 2 episodes. :wink:
Well, let's do the math:

5 minutes in Dragon Ball time = 10 episodes/3 hours (roughly)/100 lines of dialog.
5 x 10 = 50
So 50 minutes in Dragon Ball time = 100 episodes/30 hours/1000 lines of dialog.

Taking into consideration partly re-animated flashbacks, power-ups, transformation scenes, speeches and Beerus eating... the Tournament Of Power will realistically last about... I don't fucking know.
The entire tournament will happen over the course of 48 Frieza minutes. I can see it now. The tournament won't end until 2019... :?
:P
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:37 pm

sintzu wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:I'm gonna answer for him as I feel like I know what he'll say.
Golden Freeza in RF arc and Black in the manga version.
I didn't say that but I was going to so close enough. :thumbup:

He did beat them though.
I remember Freeza defeating Vegeta in RoF. Then time turning back and that fight never concluding cause Goku stepped in.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:37 pm

Beyond wrote:
precita wrote:We have 10 main characters in the tournament, plus everyone they'll be fighting against and the U6 fighters. Even though it's a battle royale with everyone fighting at once, no way are they going to do the actual tournament in less than 10 episodes. There would literally be no way to give most or every character some decent spotlight or fights in it otherwise. If we're just going to get a bunch of one-hit KO's or people knocked out instantly...then why bother? So I don't see it that way.
Why do you assume they'll all get spotlight? I don't think that ever happened in dbz arc ever.
This is DBS though. :P
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:51 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
Beyond wrote: Why do you assume they'll all get spotlight? I don't think that ever happened in dbz arc ever.
This is DBS though. :P
You got me there, but I still don't think everyone will get shine. Not from our team or any other, and the root of the problem will be Toriyama himself.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:21 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:When can we expect summaries to pop up?
Probably the closer we get to those episodes, at least that's when the other summaries were out.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:30 pm

sintzu wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:When can we expect summaries to pop up?
Probably the closer we get to those episodes, at least that's when the other summaries were out.
They pop up around the tenth of each month.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:41 pm

You know I've barely seen any 17 hype in this thread. He's actually pretty cool guy. I'm thinking that energy shield is perfect for most tag team situations. I wonder If they'll give 18 some special offensive technique to match it. I don't think Goku, Vegeta or Gohan will fight with 17 much, so his ideal partner should be able to deal heavy damage while he can shield them from attacks.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:58 pm

Beyond wrote:You know I've barely seen any 17 hype in this thread. He's actually pretty cool guy. I'm thinking that energy shield is perfect for most tag team situations. I wonder If they'll give 18 some special offensive technique to match it. I don't think Goku, Vegeta or Gohan will fight with 17 much, so his ideal partner should be able to deal heavy damage while he can shield them from attacks.
It's because people are still mad about his powerup. I agree, he's a chill guy. I like his unusual priorities .

He's going to work with Krillin and 18 for sure. I think he might be doing some tag teaming with Goku and Vegeta based on a heroes card too. Hopefully he fights with Piccolo though. 17 really should be Piccolo's rival from now on imo.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:59 pm

Beyond wrote:You know I've barely seen any 17 hype in this thread. He's actually pretty cool guy. I'm thinking that energy shield is perfect for most tag team situations. I wonder If they'll give 18 some special offensive technique to match it. I don't think Goku, Vegeta or Gohan will fight with 17 much, so his ideal partner should be able to deal heavy damage while he can shield them from attacks.
It's already promoted that 18 will in fact fight with 17,i see her getting kicked out before him though,he's going to accomplish good during this arc.a character wouldn't get his own trailer if he ain't gonna be the MVP.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:28 pm

So Android 17 is going to join the team, and have Goten and Trunks look after the island in the meantime, and wants to use the Super DBs to wish for a big boat to cruise around the world with his family.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:31 pm

Well now. I'll save most of it for the episode thread, but that was Gohan with a bang in the NEP. So if you're into that sort of thing, rejoice.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:32 pm

There was a bit of a throw with Goku's intent with the dragon balls, 17 asked Goku what he would wish for if they win? Goku just smiles and 17 says "guess I dont need to ask that to the person that saved the world countless times" while Goku was just laughing he did say he didnt know he was saving the world, he just wanted to fight strong guys that leaded to events to him saving the world, but I cant just abandon the people that has nothing to do with it, thats what my grandpa taught me.= or anyways along these lines.
Anyways I loved how 17 was about to sacrifice himself and then told Goku that he woulda enjoyed having another random/stupid conversation with him.
God I love their interactions so much.
Last edited by SansrivaaL on Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

King Jacku
Beyond Newbie

Post by King Jacku » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:34 pm

EP 88 preview, Gohan has Ultimate form and Piccolo looks to be on par with Super Saiyan/Ultimate :o

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:34 pm

Goku can be such a dick sometimes, he took the frog like exploding guy to king Kai's place because that was where he brought Cell when he exploded, his reasons for bringing him there was "Lets just say, let history repeat itself"

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:36 pm

This constant Gohan's change of hair is beyond my comprehension. Sometimes he has bang, sometimes he has not. If only the bang appeared when he's transformed, but in the tournament exhibition, his Potential Unleashed was activated but he had no bang. Now he has it. :|
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:37 pm

Grimlock wrote:This constant Gohan's change of hair is beyond my comprehension. Sometimes he has bang, sometimes he has not. If only the bang appeared when he's transformed, but in the tournament exhibition, his Potential Unleashed was activated but he had no bang. Now he has it. :|
Gohan wasn't ultimate Gohan during the prelims, he's just now becoming ultimate Gohan . It seems like it pops up when he transforms.