"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

perucho1990
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:34 am

hardcorefakes wrote:
Not sure if I can handle more U6 wank. I hope to god this won't happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.
I wont mind seeing Magetta eliminating someone in the upcoming episode, and if it happens, then I expect the Namekian duo to eliminate people as well and maybe Dr Rota too.

The most hilarious thing is if Goku is in new form gets trolled like how Vegetto got trolled in the Trunks Arc by whoever will remain in U6 toward the end of the tournament.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:56 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: That is assuming anything more does get announced as of right now for the rest of the year just one Kale figure...

The release schedules are so slow and they waste slots by putting Z related stuff or Heroes related things this is all under the Super brand it's like what are they doing and then they sometimes re-use moulds for figures and make things even slower. An example, new Super brand line of figures (FES Stage) was announced a few months ago (first volume came out 2 weeks ago), 8 figures have been announced...only 1 is really Super related the rest from Dragon Ball or Z and all of them are Goku... And of those 8, 2 are SS1 Namek Goku's same mould but one with a more golder paint job on the hair, 2 base Saiyan arc Goku's with the same mould but one normal the other Kaioken, 2 SS3 Goku's same mould but one has a lighter coloured gi...

I don't like this myth people have that everything in Super is made primarily to shift toys or merchandise, while that maybe a goal it is not the primary goal that people make out, otherwise shit wouldn't be so slow to be released.
This made me laughed given how 'popular' Goku has been lately on the internet.

But I agree. Fans seem to think Super is Transformers or My Little Pony, which really do exists to sell toys (to say they're not good shows).
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:15 am

Don't die! Roshi, don't die!
Feels over Reals.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:21 am

RedHeat wrote:Don't die! Roshi, don't die!
He cant man

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:22 am

perucho1990 wrote:
hardcorefakes wrote:
Not sure if I can handle more U6 wank. I hope to god this won't happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.
I wont mind seeing Magetta eliminating someone in the upcoming episode, and if it happens, then I expect the Namekian duo to eliminate people as well and maybe Dr Rota too.

The most hilarious thing is if Goku is in new form gets trolled like how Vegetto got trolled in the Trunks Arc by whoever will remain in U6 toward the end of the tournament.
I'm really hoping Rota gets a showing, dudes got the most interesting design of the U6 fighters on grounds hes a totally new race and nothing like anyone elses stature

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:22 am

RedHeat wrote:Don't die! Roshi, don't die!
If he ends up taking down the remaining universe 4 fighters down with the Mafuba in one go, he should technically die unless all of their strengths combined is less than his, which has little chance of happening..
One thing I would be down for is him kicking the bucket after erasing universe 4 but his body ending up staying on stage..
That would still count as one member right? And seeing how people like to do things here, nobody will bother to throw a fighter out who isn't fighting.. Look at Cauliflowa and kale, they might as well pitch a tent and be sleeping now as nobody seems to be interested in even trying to eliminate easy pickings..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:36 am

Ki Breaker wrote: If he ends up taking down the remaining universe 4 fighters down with the Mafuba in one go, he should technically die unless all of their strengths combined is less than his, which has little chance of happening..
One thing I would be down for is him kicking the bucket after erasing universe 4 but his body ending up staying on stage..
That would still count as one member right? And seeing how people like to do things here, nobody will bother to throw a fighter out who isn't fighting.. Look at Cauliflowa and kale, they might as well pitch a tent and be sleeping now as nobody seems to be interested in even trying to eliminate easy pickings..
Ala Whitebeard from One Piece, that could work.

The writer of episode 105 is King Ryu, and often writes serious stuff more than comedy/gags, if Episode 105 was going to be full gag episode then Fukushima wouldve been in charge(he wrote the Yurin episode).

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:45 am

perucho1990 wrote: Ala Whitebeard from One Piece, that could work.
Jeez dude, spoilers..
I meant to watch OP, but somehow I never got around to it..
Might be the repulsive art style..
The writer of episode 105 is King Ryu, and often writes serious stuff more than comedy/gags, if Episode 105 was going to be full gag episode then Fukushima wouldve been in charge(he wrote the Yurin episode).
Hopefully a serious episode, Roshi only used for gags isn't an idea I look forward to..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:49 am

perucho1990 wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: If he ends up taking down the remaining universe 4 fighters down with the Mafuba in one go, he should technically die unless all of their strengths combined is less than his, which has little chance of happening..
Ala Whitebeard from One Piece, that could work.

Fukushima Yukinori wrote Episode 103, the one where U10 was wasted and that cut of Gohan seeing the locket disappeared. He also did 98 when U9 was erased. He also wrote Bra's birth and Gohan's training to regain his Ultimate form. He does more than just gag episodes and shouldn't base his style on one gag episode, especially when Ryu did Episodes 42, 67, and 73 which were filled with gags.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:50 am

Ah my bad, i assumed most DB fans were into OP.

The thing about King Ryu is that he ignores PLs(he wrote Blue Goku vs Krillin episode, episode 101 which had Kale vs Goku). His best episode by far was 95.

I expect Roshi vs Cawy being a homage to Nam vs Ranfan, the way Cawy was taking off her clothes in the PV was exactly like how Ranfan was doing and Roshi blushing in a more perverted way than Nam did.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:58 am

HeroR wrote:
Fukushima Yukinori wrote Episode 103, the one where U10 was wasted and that cut of Gohan seeing the locket disappeared. He also did 98 when U9 was erased. He also wrote Bra's birth and Gohan's training to regain his Ultimate form. He does more than just gag episodes and shouldn't base his style on one gag episode, especially when Ryu did Episodes 42, 67, and 73 which were filled with gags.
Fukushima has mostly done episodes that were full of comedy, thats what I meant. King Ryu didnt write 67, he wrote the Arale episode which was 69. Toshio did episode 42, while Ryu did Episode 41 which was the Super Shenron episode.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:06 pm

Roshi will finish the rest of Universe 4 apart from the bugs and maybe Magetta will take out someone but Goku has to pop up somewhere. I wouldn't be surprised if Magetta gets knocked out.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:06 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Fukushima has mostly done episodes that were full of comedy, thats what I meant. King Ryu didnt write 67, he wrote the Arale episode which was 69. Toshio did episode 42, while Ryu did Episode 41 which was the Super Shenron episode.
I just named several episodes which he didn't do comedy so the 'mostly' line isn't even true. And I was wrong, but he did do Episode 43 that did have gags in it. Also, Fukushima did the episode where Beerus killed Zamasu, and the episode where Super Saiyan Rage Trunks fought both Black and Future Zamasu so Vegeta and Goku could retreat to the past. In fact, Episode 89 is the only gag-filled episode he wrote in this entire arc.
Kanassa wrote:

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:24 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:Roshi will finish the rest of Universe 4 apart from the bugs and maybe Magetta will take out someone but Goku has to pop up somewhere. I wouldn't be surprised if Magetta gets knocked out.
Now that botamagetta isn't a thing, it's only a matter of time until someone insults him..

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:35 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:Roshi will finish the rest of Universe 4 apart from the bugs and maybe Magetta will take out someone but Goku has to pop up somewhere. I wouldn't be surprised if Magetta gets knocked out.
The preview said that Goku is stopped by someone, maybe he is stopped by Shantsa aka Blue guy with spikes, I think Ganos is fighting Roshi because that yellow lighting around his body seems to be Roshi kankokou attack.

Episode 106 might be about Tenshinhan finally redeeming himself and eliminating the Bug sibilings, sending U4 to their doom?

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:41 pm

Wait...is he allowed to use that tiny bottle for the mafuba? I mean, it's not a weapon, but it's also not part of his body.

Roronoa-pt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Roronoa-pt » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:44 pm

Michsi wrote:Wait...is he allowed to use that tiny bottle for the mafuba? I mean, it's not a weapon, but it's also not part of his body.
My understanding is that the tiny bottle is seen in some Roshi's flashback. The scene looks "grey".

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:53 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: The release schedules are so slow and they waste slots by putting Z related stuff or Heroes related things this is all under the Super brand it's like what are they doing and then they sometimes re-use moulds for figures and make things even slower. An example, new Super brand line of figures (FES Stage) was announced a few months ago (first volume came out 2 weeks ago), 8 figures have been announced...only 1 is really Super related the rest from Dragon Ball or Z and all of them are Goku... And of those 8, 2 are SS1 Namek Goku's same mould but one with a more golder paint job on the hair, 2 base Saiyan arc Goku's with the same mould but one normal the other Kaioken, 2 SS3 Goku's same mould but one has a lighter coloured gi...

I don't like this myth people have that everything in Super is made primarily to shift toys or merchandise, while that maybe a goal it is not the primary goal that people make out, otherwise shit wouldn't be so slow to be released.
Based on what I've seen from various merch realeses and threads, the manufacturers like to hedge their bets with a very small selection of characters. You constantly see new stuff for Goku, Vegeta, Frieza, Broly, and more recently Vegito and Goku Black. Goku and Vegeta being the main characters will be the primary figures that kids would want and Frieza is an iconic villain still hanging on to relevance. Plus most of these characters have transformations that allow them to produce variants with a bit of repainting or retooling.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:25 pm

Always fun to watch: Dragon Ball Super First 11 Minutes of the Tournament of Power in "Real Time"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmbLfM0YVks
Kanassa wrote:

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:47 pm

Say, maybe when all the universes were intact, universe 2 was connected with universe 6 and 7, making the total a 15..?
That would explain the two races common with us..