"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Cipher » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:22 am

Has the Genki Dama not hurting those who are "pure of heart" ever been indicated outside of that single moment Gohan deflects it in the Saiyan arc? On Namek everyone is very set on getting out of the way, and Goku is worried about it harming newly-confirmed-good-guy Vegeta in the Kaioshin Realm too.

I'm willing to let that one slide, because it was sliding all over the place during the original run.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:25 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
On top of that jiren is pure of heart, he can bounce back even the biggest genki dama Goku can throw under perfect conditions..
Who says Jiren is pure of heart. He could easily be a former villain just like the majority of Universe 7.
Alright, if it's still in the grey zone for ya, let's not consider this particular point until proven as a fact, it's plenty safe to assume this to be the case though..
Jiren is definitely different to the rest of his team.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:32 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Who says Jiren is pure of heart. He could easily be a former villain just like the majority of Universe 7.
Alright, if it's still in the grey zone for ya, let's not consider this particular point until proven as a fact, it's plenty safe to assume this to be the case though..
Jiren is definitely different to the rest of his team.
That dosen't indicate he not pure..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:35 am

Maybe the Genki Dama only works against people who aren't extremely buff, and that's why it won't work on Jiren.

Gohan was a buff lil' kid. But Vegeta was lithe.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:39 am

Cipher wrote:Maybe the Genki Dama only works against people who aren't extremely buff, and that's why it won't work on Jiren.

Gohan was a buff lil' kid. But Vegeta was lithe.
Yup makes perfect sense..
Freeza survived it because he went into 100℅ just before it hit him..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:09 am

"I''ll use my Trump card! The move that's only worked 1 out of 4 times it's been used!"
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:15 am

Kanassa wrote:"I''ll use my Trump card! The move that's only worked 1 out of 4 times it's been used!"
25% chance of beating Jiren seems like 25% higher chance than everyone else :lol:

It obviously won't work though.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:34 am

Here is how Kaiokenx20 will look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDFjvGWkmJY

So Goku will powerup to KKX20 and then launch the Genkidama? There will be a lot going on in episode 109 and should end with Goku unlocking his new form. Then episode 110 is LB Goku vs Jiren

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:44 am

Cipher wrote:Has the Genki Dama not hurting those who are "pure of heart" ever been indicated outside of that single moment Gohan deflects it in the Saiyan arc?
As far as I remember, no. And even that statement is contradicted in Buu arc because kid Buu was evil and he still deflected it. What would happened if Gohan/Goku got hit by it, we don't know but I doubt they wouldn't get hurt.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:49 am

I don't understand how being SSB or Kaioken makes the spirit bomb any stronger. Unless he's throwing some of his regular fighting Ki into it as well.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:54 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:
Cipher wrote:Has the Genki Dama not hurting those who are "pure of heart" ever been indicated outside of that single moment Gohan deflects it in the Saiyan arc?
As far as I remember, no. And even that statement is contradicted in Buu arc because kid Buu was evil and he still deflected it. What would happened if Gohan/Goku got hit by it, we don't know but I doubt they wouldn't get hurt.
He didn't deflect it in the manga. He was just holding it.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:14 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote:I don't understand how being SSB or Kaioken makes the spirit bomb any stronger. Unless he's throwing some of his regular fighting Ki into it as well.
Maybe because he can throw it harder? Remember the whole desperate debacle with Majin Boo back then? They even had to restore Goku's energy back to normal in order for him to be able to push it hard enough, now Goku is going full power from the start.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:14 am

Toshio says he wrote 112 and 115 and all that he can say about Hit vs. Jiren is that it will be a violent battle. :o

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:18 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:Toshio says he wrote 112 and 115 and all that he can say about Hit vs. Jiren is that it will be a violent battle. :o
Hit is so getting punchered..

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:20 am

Kanassa wrote:"I''ll use my Trump card! The move that's only worked 1 out of 4 times it's been used!"
When it did work Goku still needed the dragon balls to get his full power back so even that one time is still on shacky ground.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:24 am

112 is the Vegeta episode, will he fight a very exhausted Jiren? I mean if Hit gives Jiren a good fight.

It would be stupid for Jiren if he sandbags vs someone that can adapt/improve.

115 I think that it might be that Kale/Caulifla episode Toshio mentioned in July on twitter.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:24 am

Doctor. wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:
He didn't deflect it in the manga. He was just holding it.
Fair enough, but in the manga Goku still has a hard time making the Genkidama go through which means what happened in the anime is not out the realm of possibility:
[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]
If characters with evil Ki couldn't do nothing against it, Goku wouldn't have trouble to succeed even despite being weakened.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Yedis
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yedis » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:57 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:Toshio says he wrote 112 and 115 and all that he can say about Hit vs. Jiren is that it will be a violent battle. :o
Toshio likes Hit, Jiren will likely win, but I think Hit will perform better than people think.
Last edited by Yedis on Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:00 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
Hit is going to get hit.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:06 am

TheDipDap1234 wrote:
Tombstone1988 wrote:So now that there are only 6 members of Universe 6 left as opposed to 8, 31 competitors in the Tournament of Power as opposed to 32, and Jimeze was eliminated this episode and thus won't still be fighting Gohan in the special, I think we can confirm that Toei is just deliberately messing with us with the episode spoilers/previews.
The spoilers also said that Helles will be praising Goku in this episode, which will make Ribrianne jealous. That did not happen.
That's next episode.
Ki Breaker wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote: Isn't that an improvement? Isn't that literally everything Goku has in the box right now and to offer? The limit breaking Form will come after that through currently unknown means yet. Right now this is Goku's absolute limit and Trump card.
No.. it would do much more damage if he used the KK20 to go punch jiren himself, not push something akin to a weak blast at jiren..
As for why it should be weak -
GodVegetto91 wrote: With Beerus there, and the Omni-King's who are just like little children that would immediately raise their arms without giving it a second thought, this would be MORE than enough energy to do the job. It would be a God powered Spirit Bomb. If at least Beerus, Whis, the entire U7 team and the two Omni-King's raise their hands, it would already be sufficient. And i have a feeling a lot of others will do the same.
Genki dama uses genki, not ki..
Every living thing has a limited amount of genki no matter how powerful they are..
Against kid buu supreme kai and Gohan raised their hands as well, and entire earth did it too.. That made a bomb powerful enough to kill buu..

No matter how you look at it, 9 contestants of his team, whis, berrus and 2 zeno raising dosen't provide nearly enough genki to make a bomb powerful enough to even hurt namek freeza..

On top of that jiren is pure of heart ( at least he seems to be as of now ), he can bounce back even the biggest genki dama Goku can throw under perfect conditions..
You can be a good person and not be pure of heart. So it's too soon to say Jiren is pure because it isn't based on anything. We don't a know thing about the guy.
1 out of 3. Not sure what's the forth person you're thinking of.
Yedis wrote:
Toshio likes Hit, Jiren will likely win, but I think Hit will perform better than people think.
He's not writing the Hit vs. Jiren episode. He's doing the one after it.
Last edited by HeroR on Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.