"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:03 pm

kinisking wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:Gohan fans should count themselves lucky he even got "Ultimate" back at this stage.
I refuse to consider myself lucky because he got back a form that he never should have lost in the first place.

Although I do consider us lucky for this arc. He did a good job.
Too be honest if we stuck to manga build up and this ending, I'd be fine. Toei just got peoples hopes up too much possibly if the manga doesn't later bring up the same idea.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:03 pm

kinisking wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:Gohan fans should count themselves lucky he even got "Ultimate" back at this stage.
I refuse to consider myself lucky because he got back a form that he never should have lost in the first place.

He lost it in GT and he lost it in Super. I agree is very, very odd buuuuut all parties involved took that root so....while it shouldn't the creators say it can.

So as much as the fans may hate it, it a fact of the series.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:04 pm

So it seems that it is possible Vermoud may relinquish his GoD status and pass it to Toppo. Knowing Zeno, he probably will say that it's okay to do so too.

At least, that is how it seems at the moment, though it could just be his dormant power.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:05 pm

DainIronfoot wrote:So it seems that it is possible Vermoud may relinquish his GoD status and pass it to Toppo. Knowing Zeno, he probably will say that it's okay to do so too.

At least, that is how it seems at the moment, though it could just be his dormant power.
maybe he's turning on his god ki like in the manga. Although Belmod givin up his office early to save his universe would be very intreasting.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:07 pm

My dude Toppo is looking lit in that NEP. I can't wait to get some HD caps of that for a new avatar! :thumbup:

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:09 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
kinisking wrote:

Too be honest if we stuck to manga build up and this ending, I'd be fine. Toei just got peoples hopes up too much possibly if the manga doesn't later bring up the same idea.
I don't know if Toei really put peoples hopes up too high. They hyped him up as force to be reckoned with which came true when the entire tournament the characters are impressed with what he does. The only thing that got hyped too much was the leader element, but at least he got moments of being a leader here and there which is much more than Toppo ever got.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:09 pm

Grimlock wrote:Well, now it's up to Toyotaro to give the promised form to Gohan, I don't think he chose to use that outfit for no reason, so I'd say just to wait for Toyotaro's take on his character. Clearly Vegeta's new power-up is Toei's exclusive form, so there's that too.
The manga never promised anything for Gohan. Gohan didn't even train on-scene in the manga.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:12 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:My dude Toppo is looking lit in that NEP. I can't wait to get some HD caps of that for a new avatar! :thumbup:
Toppo seems to follow the Fist of the North Star rule book. When the shirts of, the gloves are off and your gonna get a hiding boyoh!

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:12 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Image

Well... that went nowhere.
It never said it would happened in this arc or any time soon. That was just Gohan's long-term goal.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:16 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
Grimlock wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Doubt it. The anime built up to something about that and did nothing with it. While the Manga had nothing even remotely mention it. Just give it to Vegeta despite barely having much to do with the plot/build up. If anything the The Black arc is where he was fit to get a new form if there was gonna be one. Must be Karma for the Cell games.
I don't remember Vegeta's new power-up being build up either, at least not as Ultra Instinct. As I added in my previous comments, if Vegeta won't get a new form in the manga, one can totally expect that someone else will. I bet Gohan.
I mean this arc Vegeta randomly gets a new power up that really makes no difference, just cause. Had no real plot/character ongoing story and is just given a bone just like that. It's probably the most random form give away I've ever seen. Staying away from logistics even Trunks Rage form had more of a reason to exist considering his role in the story, but this...

I do jest it's similar to the Cell games situation, but probably somewhat more intrusive.
The fact that Gohan has received much hype in this saga does not mean he will receive a major new transformation.

Kuririn was one of the characters who received the most hype and was eliminated early in the tournament.

Anyway, Gohan just went back to training one day for the tournament. Why should he receive an unprecedented transformation without any effort, while vegeta is seeking this for years?

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:18 pm

kinisking wrote:

You should because Gohan did nothing outside of slacking for 7 years to get the Ultimate form.
Meanwhile other characters that actually trained got jack shit in both the Buu and Top arc.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:18 pm

HeroR wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Well... that went nowhere.
It never said it would happened in this arc or any time soon. That was just Gohan's long-term goal.
I hope they do follow through with this at some point in the future. I'm kinda apathetic towards Gohan as a whole, and even I feel little disappointed with his outcome.

EDIT: Same with with Caulifla becoming a SSJ3. Don't leave me hanging on that. :(
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:18 pm

i was disappointed at the amount of re-used animation and atatatatatas, liked they used this episode on purpose to outsourcing purposes.

Gohan deserved better, and this is will be the last time Gohan fights in DB, which sucks big time.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:21 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Gohan deserved better, and this is will be the last time Gohan fights in DB, which sucks big time.
No, it won't. What gave you that impression?

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:24 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:Gohan deserved better, and this is will be the last time Gohan fights in DB, which sucks big time.
Not in dragon ball no, but as for Super...

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:25 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
Grimlock wrote:
I don't remember Vegeta's new power-up being build up either, at least not as Ultra Instinct. As I added in my previous comments, if Vegeta won't get a new form in the manga, one can totally expect that someone else will. I bet Gohan.
I mean this arc Vegeta randomly gets a new power up that really makes no difference, just cause. Had no real plot/character ongoing story and is just given a bone just like that. It's probably the most random form give away I've ever seen. Staying away from logistics even Trunks Rage form had more of a reason to exist considering his role in the story, but this...

I do jest it's similar to the Cell games situation, but probably somewhat more intrusive.

Anyway, Gohan just went back to training one day for the tournament. Why should he receive an unprecedented transformation without any effort, while vegeta is seeking this for years?
Exactly, not a good lesson for life to accomplish things without effort
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:26 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
After the Tournament probably we'll jump right in EoZ, and I see Gohan saying stop to fight forever, once for all this time

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:27 pm

Whatever wrote:
kinisking wrote:

You should because Gohan did nothing outside of slacking for 7 years to get the Ultimate form.
Meanwhile other characters that actually trained got jack shit in both the Buu and Top arc.
And to be that person, Gohan went from being strangled by Piccolo as a Super Saiyan 2, to 'rivaling' Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku, in just one night. Next to UI Goku, he had the biggest power jumped in the shortest amount of time.
Kanassa wrote:

potat_lasaro

Post by potat_lasaro » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:28 pm

So, with Super ending at the end of March, is anyone else getting a DB into Z vibe? Like, they end Super with it being a tie by U7 and U11 by having Goku and Jiren destroy the entire stage during their final clash, the Grand Priest declaring that since they both fell out at the same time, both universes survive. From there, they agree to use the Super Dragon Balls to revive the erased universes which by extension accidentally restore the universes destroyed before the series.

The Grand Priest then offers Goku a chance to become a G.o.D but he declines and returns home. We then get an episode to close out the series.

The movie then comes out in December and then come July the next series starts up where a threat from one of those original six erased universes invades another universe before coming to earth.

Either all that, or we just get a simple wish and no new series. Really, it just seems like a strange point to end after introducing all of these universes and saving four from erasure. Just gives me this odd feeling that they'll be rebranding Super into a new series after about a year of downtime.

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:32 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:My dude Toppo is looking lit in that NEP. I can't wait to get some HD caps of that for a new avatar! :thumbup:
Toppo seems to follow the Fist of the North Star rule book. When the shirts of, the gloves are off and your gonna get a hiding boyoh!
And With that in the Next Episode THIS needs to be GoD Toppo''s NEW Theme! :wink: :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbaaI5xf4y8
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker