"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GamerSkull
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by GamerSkull » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:36 am

TheOtherDude wrote:
GamerSkull wrote:
Cetra wrote:
You might actually be better off watching it Japanese with subtitles for a) music and b) a chance of proper translation. The English version was happily flinging around with whatever it wanted in whichever situation. Not always, of course. But its is a pretty good thing to know, I guess. And well the whole atmosphere/music thing.
GT's original score is great. :D

And yeah, it's better to watch it in japanese... also because english Pan actually comes off as more annoying.
Everything you guys have stated are straight up opinions. Let them watch it with whatever voice/music they desire. Their tastes do not equal your taste.
Yeah, that's fair enough. But I'm just recommending what I thought was the best possible route to take. They can choose to do whatever.

After all, while I do like the sub best, I also do like the dubs for the DB series too. (well, not always but I do find merit in them).
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:56 pm

Though Super has ended, after this year movie I could still see they doing OVAs or actual TV Specials of the series before annoucing a sequel.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:45 pm

Watched up to episode 9 of GT yesterday and said screw it and watched the rest of the first arc today. Here's my general thoughts of the arc if anyone cares:
.Liked the little skirmish between Goku and Ubb it was nice, shame he just leaves after that though
.Pilaf and co are still enjoyable goobers here so not much to say about them. Maybe I'm crazy but it seemed like Mei's hair was blue for someone reason and that annoyed me.
.Not a fan of Red Shen long design
.Not sure I'm a fan of Goku turning into a kid but it is what it is
.That dude pan was with gave me the creeps, guess it's cause he looked older than her
.Speaking of Pan I was fine with her at first but with each passing episode I started to like her less and less
.Also wasn't a fan of the Roshi antics I dunno I just didn't find it funny
.Gotta say I don't know if I either hate or like Vegeta's design here like I just find it so damn goofy
.Going from that to the space adventure stuff I liked it for the most part but I did find that they spent more time on certain planets than they needed to
.Dont have much to say about their adventure on Planet Imecka other than I would hate to live there
.Ledgic had a neat design and cool abilities but damn did he get beaten really quick by Goku so that was disappointing, funny how Trunks gets one shot by him though.
.Will say I'm not a fan of how Trunks gets beaten up so easily, I know the guy didn't train much but he feels even more useless than Pan
.Forgot to mention it before but I really don't like Gill, he's easily my most disliked character now, I wish he would go away
.Not much to say about the giant planet other than the baby bees were cute
.Don't have much to say about the third planet either other than I don't think they needed to spend two episodes on it, but we did get bride Trunks out of it and I guess I found that a bit funny
.Parapara brothers are the best damn thing to come out of this arc easily a 10/10, also couldn't help but think of Ribrianne when I saw them
.The cult of Luud was kinda creepy turning people into dolls and what not
.I hated Daltaki, dude was seriously creepy and I'm glad that he gets killed by Rilldo, so ten points to Rilldo
.Interesting that they referred to Luud as a God of destruction, he was the og God of destruction I guess
.Fight was fine with Luud but I was annoyed with Trunks and Goku going Super saiyan and then fighting him in their base for the rest of the fight
.That also annoyed me is that Trunks and Goku seemed so damn reluctant to turn super saiyan, that annoyed me in a lot of their fights
.Dr.Myuu looks like a discount Dr.Gero
.Not much to say about the Desert planet
.Gills home planet was neat and the Stigma force seem sorta cool from what I've seen so far.

So I guess in conclusion I'd give this arc a 5.5, not great but not that bad either kinda meh. Pan and Gill did make it hard for me to get through it since I really don't like those two all that much. Also not a big fan of how useless Pan and Trunks are so far, hope that changes soon enough. Also sorry for clogging up the super thread with GT stuff, if there's a GT thread somewhere I'll go post my thoughts there instead.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:52 pm

TheOtherDude wrote:
GamerSkull wrote:
Cetra wrote:
You might actually be better off watching it Japanese with subtitles for a) music and b) a chance of proper translation. The English version was happily flinging around with whatever it wanted in whichever situation. Not always, of course. But its is a pretty good thing to know, I guess. And well the whole atmosphere/music thing.
GT's original score is great. :D

And yeah, it's better to watch it in japanese... also because english Pan actually comes off as more annoying.
Everything you guys have stated are straight up opinions. Let them watch it with whatever voice/music they desire. Their tastes do not equal your taste.
What are you alking about? It is a) not an opinion that they changed the lines at times the way they wanted (see whole scenes like the shaving scene that was totally changed and losing the point this way) and b) it is - as you even acknowledged - a fact that they changed the score. And c) I did not mention the voices. With the other language other voices are naturally coming with; it was not the point though. There is no opinion in this. I recommended - hence the "might actually" - it so he would know. There was no "this is actually better" or the likes of it in this post of mine. It is a valid recommendation to do so because people are not even aware of the changes at times and then complain about the feeling being off so before he can form his opinion I kickstart him so he can decide it from the get-go. The music and dialogue was actually made together with the show so of course it would feel more natural but that does not mean one cannot like the other thing, maybe even better. But this way he has a chance and can see GT the way it was meant to be if he wants to.
Last edited by Cetra on Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:53 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:Though Super has ended, after this year movie I could still see they doing OVAs or actual TV Specials of the series before annoucing a sequel.
You talk as though you’re quite sure of what you’re saying. But you could be heavily wrong. In fact, the ending of Super episode 131 pretty much outright stated that the show will return in due time.

“Until then, a brief parting” Among other statements implying the same thing right before it. Couple that with all the interviews and the in-universe potential for stories and promises, and a rational person comes to the conclusion that Dragon Ball Super is indeed coming back sooner or later. That is a given.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:10 pm

Speaking of future content, Toei announced (last Friday infact) that they're going to be creating a division solely from Dragon Ball. Source: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2 ... ll/.129582

Whether or not it's going to be used for a new TV series or many movies is up in the air in the mean time, though.
Feels over Reals.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:09 pm

CriticalThinker wrote:Watched up to episode 9 of GT yesterday and said screw it and watched the rest of the first arc today. Here's my general thoughts of the arc if anyone cares:
.Liked the little skirmish between Goku and Ubb it was nice, shame he just leaves after that though
.Pilaf and co are still enjoyable goobers here so not much to say about them. Maybe I'm crazy but it seemed like Mei's hair was blue for someone reason and that annoyed me.
.Not a fan of Red Shen long design
.Not sure I'm a fan of Goku turning into a kid but it is what it is
.That dude pan was with gave me the creeps, guess it's cause he looked older than her
.Speaking of Pan I was fine with her at first but with each passing episode I started to like her less and less
.Also wasn't a fan of the Roshi antics I dunno I just didn't find it funny
.Gotta say I don't know if I either hate or like Vegeta's design here like I just find it so damn goofy
.Going from that to the space adventure stuff I liked it for the most part but I did find that they spent more time on certain planets than they needed to
.Dont have much to say about their adventure on Planet Imecka other than I would hate to live there
.Ledgic had a neat design and cool abilities but damn did he get beaten really quick by Goku so that was disappointing, funny how Trunks gets one shot by him though.
.Will say I'm not a fan of how Trunks gets beaten up so easily, I know the guy didn't train much but he feels even more useless than Pan
.Forgot to mention it before but I really don't like Gill, he's easily my most disliked character now, I wish he would go away
.Not much to say about the giant planet other than the baby bees were cute
.Don't have much to say about the third planet either other than I don't think they needed to spend two episodes on it, but we did get bride Trunks out of it and I guess I found that a bit funny
.Parapara brothers are the best damn thing to come out of this arc easily a 10/10, also couldn't help but think of Ribrianne when I saw them
.The cult of Luud was kinda creepy turning people into dolls and what not
.I hated Daltaki, dude was seriously creepy and I'm glad that he gets killed by Rilldo, so ten points to Rilldo
.Interesting that they referred to Luud as a God of destruction, he was the og God of destruction I guess
.Fight was fine with Luud but I was annoyed with Trunks and Goku going Super saiyan and then fighting him in their base for the rest of the fight
.That also annoyed me is that Trunks and Goku seemed so damn reluctant to turn super saiyan, that annoyed me in a lot of their fights
.Dr.Myuu looks like a discount Dr.Gero
.Not much to say about the Desert planet
.Gills home planet was neat and the Stigma force seem sorta cool from what I've seen so far.

So I guess in conclusion I'd give this arc a 5.5, not great but not that bad either kinda meh. Pan and Gill did make it hard for me to get through it since I really don't like those two all that much. Also not a big fan of how useless Pan and Trunks are so far, hope that changes soon enough. Also sorry for clogging up the super thread with GT stuff, if there's a GT thread somewhere I'll go post my thoughts there instead.
Wrong thread friend.

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:29 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Wrong thread friend.
Sorry about that I would have posted this in a thread about GT but I couldn't find a GT thread like this one. Only reason reason I posted here is because I asked about it and a few people started talking about and I decided why not just post it here. Next time though I'll be sure to post my thoughts somewhere else or make a thread about it. Again apologizes for clogging the Super thread with GT stuff.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:38 pm

CriticalThinker wrote:Sorry about that I would have posted this in a thread about GT but I couldn't find a GT thread like this one. Only reason reason I posted here is because I asked about it and a few people started talking about and I decided why not just post it here. Next time though I'll be sure to post my thoughts somewhere else or make a thread about it. Again apologizes for clogging the Super thread with GT stuff.
You could post on this thread, man

by Doctor.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:10 pm

CriticalThinker wrote:
Sorry about that I would have posted this in a thread about GT but I couldn't find a GT thread like this one. Only reason reason I posted here is because I asked about it and a few people started talking about and I decided why not just post it here. Next time though I'll be sure to post my thoughts somewhere else or make a thread about it. Again apologizes for clogging the Super thread with GT stuff.
You could always start a "GT watch for the first time" thread, since several people have made DB rewatch threads on this site before.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:00 pm

Scsigs wrote:
CriticalThinker wrote:
You could always start a "GT watch for the first time" thread, since several people have made DB rewatch threads on this site before.
That probably would have been a smart thing for me to have done so I might do that later on. Though I dunno if I'll even be watching it still by that point since I was forcing myself a bit to get through to the end of this first arc. But if I didn't give up on Super when it was at its lowest point then I won't give up here either, I mean it couldn't get any worse.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:13 pm

CriticalThinker wrote:
Scsigs wrote:
CriticalThinker wrote:
That probably would have been a smart thing for me to have done so I might do that later on. Though I dunno if I'll even be watching it still by that point since I was forcing myself a bit to get through to the end of this first arc. But if I didn't give up on Super when it was at its lowest point then I won't give up here either, I mean it couldn't get any worse.
Ha ha ha. Just you wait.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:46 am

CriticalThinker wrote:
Scsigs wrote:
CriticalThinker wrote:
It doesn't get worse. The first arc is just plain boring. Outside of that the rest I would not say is boring. Whether good or not you would have to decide, but I don't think any thing is more boring than the Black star arc. And for me personally boring is worse than anything. I can be entertained in positive or negative ways....but boring...not caring...that's just the worst.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:18 pm

So seems the Japanese fans are dubbing Vegeta's SSGSS.Evo form as "キラキラベジータ" which Google translates as "Glittering Vegeta", I certainly prefer that over the "Royal Blue" nickname here to be honest. Though I'll probably stick with SSGSS.Evo.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:21 pm

Does anyone think Super will get a dragon box release now that it's done ? I know the original got them because there wasn't any other release out but I think it'd be a good collector item to release.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:59 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:So seems the Japanese fans are dubbing Vegeta's SSGSS.Evo form as "キラキラベジータ" which Google translates as "Glittering Vegeta", I certainly prefer that over the "Royal Blue" nickname here to be honest. Though I'll probably stick with SSGSS.Evo.
I just want that "Royal Blue" shit to disappear from the face of the earth
Get Fucked, C_unt

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:49 am

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:So seems the Japanese fans are dubbing Vegeta's SSGSS.Evo form as "キラキラベジータ" which Google translates as "Glittering Vegeta", I certainly prefer that over the "Royal Blue" nickname here to be honest. Though I'll probably stick with SSGSS.Evo.
I just want that "Royal Blue" shit to disappear from the face of the earth
I mean the nickname btw, I re-read the comment and it sounds like I was referring to the form itself, which I really like.
Get Fucked, C_unt

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:07 am

"Glittering Vegeta" is not a good name either.

by Doctor.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:47 am

jeffbr92 wrote:Though Super has ended, after this year movie I could still see they doing OVAs or actual TV Specials of the series before annoucing a sequel.
To be honest, i actually see them doing that.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:05 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:"Glittering Vegeta" is not a good name either.
Glitter Vegeta is a name the community deserves, but not the one it needs right now..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker