"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:19 pm

Didn't they actually mention a Namekian Book of Legends around the U6 tournament??

That would be perfect for Piccolo to get a powerup.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:40 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:Didn't they actually mention a Namekian Book of Legends around the U6 tournament??

Question is, will he show up in a namekian spaceship wearing a new outfit representing a Deity

that would be such a big tease
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:57 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:Didn't they actually mention a Namekian Book of Legends around the U6 tournament??

Considering Krillin,Gohan and Buu who also seems to be getting a power up to from his training in episode 85, Piccolo does have a big chance of getting some type of power boost.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:12 pm

ChaosLordBrandon wrote:

Considering Krillin,Gohan and Buu who also seems to be getting a power up to from his training in episode 85, Piccolo does have a big chance of getting some type of power boost.
If Krillin and Buu are getting one then there is no excuse for Piccolo not having one.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:00 pm

While researching bulla I came across this, apparently that's what it means in Hindi, an Indian language..

All the more reason to stick with bra for me, naming a girl penis isn't too attractive to me, bra is still somewhat okay
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:58 pm

What do we think Krillin's new technique will be? Hopefully it's really inventive.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:22 pm

Speaking of techniques, what exactly does Vegeta have besides Ki based stuff like Final Flash and Galick Gun? I am really struggling to think. Goku has the likes of Shunkan Movement, able to warp Kamehameha, go Kiaoken up to x10, use Fist of the Supreme Sun (Taiyōken), Spirit Dama, Afterimage Technique.

dragonballgeek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballgeek » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:08 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Piccolo, Vegeta, Tien and Krillin will be the most likely for new techniques.
Tenshinhans third eye could turn into a plot device and reach Godtier level, spamming Kikoho like crazy, destroying the ring and sending the enemy fighters to the void.

I wonder how Vegeta will at least match up KKX2 Goku, he only surpassed U6 KKX10 Goku when he destroyed the ROSAT.

Piccolo could just become strong if he trains with Gohan again, once Gohan reaches SSJB level, remember that Piccolo reached SSJ level in the Android Saga due to training with SSJ Goku.

Cant imagine the reaction if Krillin learned Kaioken.
I thinks it's possible Vegeta might develop his own power boosting technique equivalent to Kaioken if he hasn't already.

It could be another reason why Vegeta is okay with taking a break and focusing on just his babies birth.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:17 pm

Totamo wrote: I recommend you drop then watch the whole arc in a row because this is just a tournament.

Personally, I don't ever want super to be serious again.The writers can't handle it. I have never seen the fandom more hostile than I did during that arc. It can be heavily argued that the U6 arc was better than the future trunks one.

Modern dragon Ball is a cashgrab and I rather they be honest about it instead of trying to pretend like it's more like it did with that arc.

Just make it a fun show to watch, I'm tired of all of these debates when the show tries to be more than that. I am angry about the stupid fan theories and the angry reactions when they don't come true when the show tries to be more than that.

Super brings out the worst in the fandom when it tries to be serious. Never again. But that's just my opinion.
Dragon Ball has always been a cash grab. Let's not pretend that Dragon Ball was done out of the kindness of Toriyama's heart or even fun. It was always about money.

The show can handle darkness just fine since the Future Trunks Saga is very well liked by many and some considered it up there with Z's storylines. So vocal people screaming on the internet doesn't reflect the whole fandom.

And if you don't like the fandom during super serious, then don't go to forums. It's your own fault if the fandom reaction makes you jaded towards certain storylines.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:26 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:While researching bulla I came across this, apparently that's what it means in Hindi, an Indian language..

All the more reason to stick with bra for me, naming a girl penis isn't too attractive to me, bra is still somewhat okay
I haven't heard of anything like this. Unless the word is actually "balla" (which could be written as Bulla but the pronounciation is completely different) which means "bat", as in "meat bat" I guess.

Anyways, If I talk with someone in public, I prefer to use "Bulla" mostly because using "Bra" becomes kind of awkward.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:33 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Speaking of techniques, what exactly does Vegeta have besides Ki based stuff like Final Flash and Galick Gun? I am really struggling to think. Goku has the likes of Shunkan Movement, able to warp Kamehameha, go Kiaoken up to x10, use Fist of the Supreme Sun (Taiyōken), Spirit Dama, Afterimage Technique.
Vegeta and Gohan for the most part just have Ki blasts stuff. Vegeta does have Kienzan but that's about it. Those two have the worst skillsets of Team U7.
dragonballgeek wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Piccolo, Vegeta, Tien and Krillin will be the most likely for new techniques.
Tenshinhans third eye could turn into a plot device and reach Godtier level, spamming Kikoho like crazy, destroying the ring and sending the enemy fighters to the void.

I wonder how Vegeta will at least match up KKX2 Goku, he only surpassed U6 KKX10 Goku when he destroyed the ROSAT.

Piccolo could just become strong if he trains with Gohan again, once Gohan reaches SSJB level, remember that Piccolo reached SSJ level in the Android Saga due to training with SSJ Goku.

I thinks it's possible Vegeta might develop his own power boosting technique equivalent to Kaioken if he hasn't already.

It could be another reason why Vegeta is okay with taking a break and focusing on just his babies birth.
That'd be cool, but I don't see it happening. We know he hasn't been training for some time, and I honestly don't think they'd give him a boosting move like Kaioken if they haven't given him one already.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:36 pm

TheMathemagician wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Speaking of techniques, what exactly does Vegeta have besides Ki based stuff like Final Flash and Galick Gun? I am really struggling to think. Goku has the likes of Shunkan Movement, able to warp Kamehameha, go Kiaoken up to x10, use Fist of the Supreme Sun (Taiyōken), Spirit Dama, Afterimage Technique.
Vegeta and Gohan for the most part just have Ki blasts stuff. Vegeta does have Kienzan but that's about it. Those two have the worst skillsets of Team U7.
To be fair, it looks like anything besides for kaioken,spirit bomb and instant transmission ( Go Goku haha ) can be easily be copied by anyone else.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

dragonballgeek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballgeek » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:15 pm

TheMathemagician wrote:
dragonballgeek wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:

That'd be cool, but I don't see it happening. We know he hasn't been training for some time, and I honestly don't think they'd give him a boosting move like Kaioken if they haven't given him one already.
That's not true. We have no idea what their pacing schedule is for the show. We don't even know how long this series is going to last.

Obviously Goku is going to need at least one person keeping up with him. They won't let him fall too far behind.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:17 pm

dragonballgeek wrote:
Obviously Goku is going to need at least one person keeping up with him. They won't let him fall too far behind.
Maybe, but that person doesn't need to be Vegeta either. It isn't like Goku haven't surpassed all his other rivals.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:41 pm

dragonballgeek wrote:
TheMathemagician wrote:
dragonballgeek wrote:

That's not true. We have no idea what their pacing schedule is for the show. We don't even know how long this series is going to last.

They've also already let him fall too far behind since Vegeta is one-shot material to Goku at his strongest. With that said, that could easily be solved by if Goku gets a new transformation that isn't compatible with Kaioken in this saga, Vegeta can just catch up in one of the succeeding sagas by getting the same thing.
kinisking wrote:
TheMathemagician wrote:
To be fair, it looks like anything besides for kaioken,spirit bomb and instant transmission ( Go Goku haha ) can be easily be copied by anyone else.
That's true, but at least give them something more unique than just ki blasts. It isn't hard.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:41 pm

HeroR wrote:
dragonballgeek wrote:
Maybe, but that person doesn't need to be Vegeta either. It isn't like Goku haven't surpassed all his other rivals.
I agree but I doubt they'd replace Vegeta. He's just too damn iconic and popular. It'd be neat seeing Goku with a new rival though.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:45 pm

kinisking wrote:
HeroR wrote:
dragonballgeek wrote:
I agree but I doubt they'd replace Vegeta. He's just too damn iconic and popular. It'd be neat seeing Goku with a new rival though.
They definitely won't replace him. They'll backseat him (like they've been doing with Hit and most likely soon to be Hit until a future saga that has Vegeta at the forefront again), but once they inevitably put Vegeta back at the front of Goku's rivals, I want them to actually feel like rivals. It's just such a poorly written rivalry that it comes off as one-sided most of the time. It just seems like Vegeta is competing with a guy who recognizes his strength and just moves on from it. BoG and the Rosat showed this best. Goku acknowledged Vegeta's superior power to his own and just kind of moved on from it. Then there's the fact that the gap between them in Super is huge. SSBKK Goku wrecks SSB Vegeta, which makes Goku stronger than Vegeta by a good deal for like the last like 50 episodes.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:52 pm

kinisking wrote: I agree but I doubt they'd replace Vegeta. He's just too damn iconic and popular. It'd be neat seeing Goku with a new rival though.
They practically did replace Vegeta since he haven't been Goku's equal since the Champa Saga, outside of him training in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, and even that was kind of fall flat since Goku melted Merged Zamau's face. There is also the whole thing with Goku putting a hit on himself.
TheMathemagician wrote: They definitely won't replace him. They'll backseat him (like they've been doing with Hit and most likely soon to be Hit until a future saga that has Vegeta at the forefront again), but once they inevitably put Vegeta back at the front of Goku's rivals, I want them to actually feel like rivals. It's just such a poorly written rivalry that it comes off as one-sided most of the time. It just seems like Vegeta is competing with a guy who recognizes his strength and just moves on from it. BoG and the Rosat showed this best. Goku acknowledged Vegeta's superior power to his own and just kind of moved on from it. Then there's the fact that the gap between them in Super is huge. SSBKK Goku wrecks SSB Vegeta, which makes Goku stronger than Vegeta by a good deal for like the last like 50 episodes.
Their rivalry has been one-sided since the end of the Freeza Saga when Goku went Super Saiyan. After that, Goku stopped caring about Vegeta and even rubbed his face that he was stronger in the Cell Saga.

I also wouldn't say Toriyama wouldn't give Goku a new rival and have Vegeta be background since Toriyama has changed stuff in his work before when he wanted something new. That is how we got adult Goku when his editors were against the idea.
Kanassa wrote:

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:17 pm

TheMathemagician wrote:They definitely won't replace him. They'll backseat him.
You mean like they did in the manga's Black arc ?
HeroR wrote:They practically did replace Vegeta since he haven't been Goku's equal since the Champa Saga.
You're right cause in the manga's Black arc he surpassed Goku by being the main character.
HeroR wrote:
dragonballgeek wrote:
Goku had other rivals ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

dragonballgeek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballgeek » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:19 pm

TheMathemagician wrote:
dragonballgeek wrote:
TheMathemagician wrote: Vegeta and Gohan for the most part just have Ki blasts stuff. Vegeta does have Kienzan but that's about it. Those two have the worst skillsets of Team U7.

They've also already let him fall too far behind since Vegeta is one-shot material to Goku at his strongest.With that said, that could easily be solved by if Goku gets a new transformation that isn't compatible with Kaioken in this saga, Vegeta can just catch up in one of the succeeding sagas by getting the same thing.
He's definitely not too far behind.

This is the same organization that will POTENTIALLY have Krillin keeping up with base Gohan. So any hopes of power scaling Vegeta and Goku is completely unpredictable.