"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

Re: Super's manga by Toyotarō

Post by precita » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:42 pm

I actually have trouble seeing Fat Buu in a serious fight. I don't remember much of GT, but what did Buu ever do when he was fighting for good?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:42 pm

precita wrote:No Android 18 as a fighter either, how disappointing. I can accept Videl turning into a demure housewife and mother but why do they have to do that to 18, a character stronger than a Super Saiyan?
#18 is weaker than the U7's five fighters. It'd be a dumb decision to bring her.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:44 pm

Doctor. wrote:
precita wrote:No Android 18 as a fighter either, how disappointing. I can accept Videl turning into a demure housewife and mother but why do they have to do that to 18, a character stronger than a Super Saiyan?
#18 is weaker than the U7's five fighters. It'd be a dumb decision to bring her.
She also only fights for money n stuff. So I doubt she'd give a crap if U7 wins or not.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:46 pm

precita wrote:I actually have trouble seeing Fat Buu in a serious fight. I don't remember much of GT, but what did Buu ever do when he was fighting for good?
He helped Mr. Satan save some people by hiding them in his body, if I recall. But as far as actual fighting goes, he went and took a blast from Baby Vegeta for Oob, and thus gave Oob a power-up after the fact.

Beyond that though, we've never really gotten to see him fight "on the side of good". The same unfortunately goes for #18 (well, unless we count Bio-Broly I guess).
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:57 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
precita wrote:I actually have trouble seeing Fat Buu in a serious fight. I don't remember much of GT, but what did Buu ever do when he was fighting for good?
Beyond that though, we've never really gotten to see him fight "on the side of good". The same unfortunately goes for #18 (well, unless we count Bio-Broly I guess).
:shh: Shhhh. We do not speak of Dragon Ball Z movie 11. :lol:

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Post by MagicBox » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:57 pm

Movie 11 rules.

My only hope (for Super in general, not just this tournament) is that all of the characters who want to fight get a chance to fight. That's all you could realistically ask for. Goku, Vegeta, and Piccolo are obvious. They'll always be the most passionate warriors. We know Buu's fighting, so It'll be interesting to hear about his motivation.

Who does that really leave among the characters who want to push themselves forward as fighters? Gohan doesn't have the passion for it and that's okay. Trunks and Goten enjoy play-fighting, but otherwise don't have the passion for it. No. 18 doesn't have the passion for it and never will unless there's money involved. Yamcha keeps telling everyone he's retired (though he seems awfully nostalgic for it, so maybe he'll change his mind?). Muten Roshi's retired. We haven't met Uub yet. Pan's still too young.

That just leaves Kuririn, Tenshinhan, and possibly Chaozu. I'd love to see those three fighting again and I really hope they get their chance soon. Other than that, I'm perfectly fine with the roster they chose.
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:09 pm

I'm certain we'll get a female fighter if not as Beerus' sixth ranger, then definitely on Team Champa.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:15 pm

Chuquita wrote:I'm certain we'll get a female fighter if not as Beerus' sixth ranger, then definitely on Team Champa.
*Fifth

I'm still saying that Zuno will end up being the final team member, did they use any gender specific pronouns for that character?

Ssgvegito30
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssgvegito30 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:20 pm

I'm curious to see how zuno design looks I hope he is a funny character, about the mystery fighter from u7 I hope he or she looks like a human but belongs to some alien race
"You may have invaded my mind and my body, but there's one thing a Saiyan always keeps! His pride!"

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:20 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I'm certain we'll get a female fighter if not as Beerus' sixth ranger, then definitely on Team Champa.
*Fifth

I'm still saying that Zuno will end up being the final team member, did they use any gender specific pronouns for that character?
Beerus is only the leader of his team then? He's not participating? I read incorrectly then. ^^;
ブルマ「ズノー様?何者よそいつは」
ジャコ「ズノー様はなんでも知っている不思議な人だ 会ったこともない者のパンツの柄まで答えられるほどだ」
ブルマ「もしかして超ドラゴンボールのことも知ってるかしら?」
ジャコ「そいつはなんのことか知らないが ズノー様ならもちろん知っている」
I don't think there's any gender specific pronouns in there, but I could be wrong.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:32 pm

Chuquita wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
*Fifth

Beerus is only the leader of his team then? He's not participating? I read incorrectly then. ^^;
ブルマ「ズノー様?何者よそいつは」
ジャコ「ズノー様はなんでも知っている不思議な人だ 会ったこともない者のパンツの柄まで答えられるほどだ」
ブルマ「もしかして超ドラゴンボールのことも知ってるかしら?」
ジャコ「そいつはなんのことか知らないが ズノー様ならもちろん知っている」
I don't think there's any gender specific pronouns in there, but I could be wrong.
They said the teams are five man, and they also said Beerus and Champa don't fight each other anymore.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:39 pm

ArchedThunder wrote: They said the teams are five man, and they also said Beerus and Champa don't fight each other anymore.
Got it. Many thanks.

This is good; that means 5 new characters on Team Champa instead of just 4.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:57 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote: - Toriyama continues to show how much he regrets ever giving Gohan any spotlight.
I don't think he regrets anything,he just doesn't want to use him now.

He hasn't used Future Trunks since the Cell arc so does that mean he regrets making him an important character ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:23 am

No one wanted to see Gohan struggle to turn ssj1 and then lose the fight anyway. Gohan only won like two fights the entire series(three if you count the gang up on Vegeta).

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:37 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Again, I'm pretty sure the wording from an earlier post with Goku going 'nah, Gohan's lame, lol' is a hyperbolic interpretation, rather than what's actually said there.

He knows his son. He's seen his son become the strongest person on the planet not once, but twice, and still not have the same kind of enthusiasm for fighting that he himself does. Goku seems to have finally accepted that, even if he himself doesn't understand it.

And again, while I'm sure having the planet's switched would probably be bad in different ways than we might imagine, it's still not exactly at an 'everyone is gonna die' level to where Gohan would feel inclined to help out yet.
The way I read it, it seems Goku is displeased with Gohan but not in a serious "you disappoint me" kind of way, rather a light "what a waste" kind of way. Not seeing what facial expression Toyotarou drew him in also doesn't help but having him point out that Gohan even lost his dougi seems to be Goku having a (light) jab at him.

You're right, even Goku points out that having both Earths switched around isn't a big deal.
fadeddreams5 wrote:So wait, are there super dragon balls in BOTH universe 6 and universe 7, or did Champa just collect six of them from universe 7?
It's implied they are the Universe 6 ones although there's nothing saying that's the case. Bulma's the one that suggests Universe 7 might have a set as well so we, as the reader, are led to believe the ones Champa has are not the same.
Gyt Kaliba wrote:I can't remember if that was stated in the similar rules from the Budokai or not. I'd actually be kind of surprised if it were, actually, though...I mean, for fun or not, it is a tournament hosted between two different Gods of Destruction...hmm.
It was. It's basically a Tenkaichi Budoukai with a written test prior to the fighting.
ArchedThunder wrote:I'm still saying that Zuno will end up being the final team member, did they use any gender specific pronouns for that character?
They didn't, he/she's just referred to as "a mysterious person that knows everything". I think it might be a woman (that sage from Fushigi Yuugi comes to mind), if not for the fact that name reminds me of Sno.
Chuquita wrote:Beerus is only the leader of his team then? He's not participating? I read incorrectly then. ^^;
Yeah, the four Gods won't participate.

Guys, there's no reason to think that this strong fighter is the reason Beers was happy 900 years ago. Not yet, anyway.

I'm kinda surprised Beers has no problem having Boo in his team. He also doesn't seem to think Champa might get that strong a warriors... I mean, there's big gaps between Piccolo, Boo, Goku and Vegeta and he's totally fine with it. Maybe he's just relying on his fighter.
Last edited by alakazam^ on Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:41 am

alakazam^ wrote:The way I read it, it seems Goku is displeased with Gohan but not in a serious "you disappoint me" kind of way, rather a light "what a waste" kind of way. Not seeing what facial expression Toyotarou drew him in also doesn't help but having him point out that Gohan even lost his dougi seems to be Goku having a (light) jab at him.
It's possible he could be disappointed in him in a 'what a waste', wistful kind of way, yeah. I just don't see him legitimately being like 'lolz my son sure sucks' or anything though. Goku might not even be aware that he's somewhat speaking ill of him either - he's never been the best with social graces.

Hell, just earlier in this same series, he questioned if maybe Gohan's baby wasn't pure-hearted since their attempts at SS God weren't working. :P
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

King Jacku
Beyond Newbie

Post by King Jacku » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:42 am

miguelnuva1 wrote:No one wanted to see Gohan struggle to turn ssj1 and then lose the fight anyway. Gohan only won like two fights the entire series(three if you count the gang up on Vegeta).
I'm sure if he can still turn SSJ2 after 6 (7?) years of slacking, he can still turn it now. He's always been pretty modest about his powers, even when he was the strongest (Well, except during his blood lusts lol).

Anyways, if Gohan would lose his fight, then no way in hell would Piccolo stand a chance. I think it's safe to assume everyone on the 5 man team will get a decent power boost.

ROCKYIII
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ROCKYIII » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:42 am

miguelnuva1 wrote:No one wanted to see Gohan struggle to turn ssj1 and then lose the fight anyway. Gohan only won like two fights the entire series(three if you count the gang up on Vegeta).
I and probably the other people wanted Gohan to trained by Whis or be unlocked God Ki style if there was a way. To return to the badass he was before. But it's not the end of the world, I hope piccollo gets a boost so he can compete with the saiyans he's cool too.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:45 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
alakazam^ wrote:The way I read it, it seems Goku is displeased with Gohan but not in a serious "you disappoint me" kind of way, rather a light "what a waste" kind of way. Not seeing what facial expression Toyotarou drew him in also doesn't help but having him point out that Gohan even lost his dougi seems to be Goku having a (light) jab at him.
It's possible he could be disappointed in him in a 'what a waste', wistful kind of way, yeah. I just don't see him legitimately being like 'lolz my son sure sucks' or anything though. Goku might not even be aware that he's somewhat speaking ill of him either - he's never been the best with social graces.

Hell, just earlier in this same series, he questioned if maybe Gohan's baby wasn't pure-hearted since their attempts at SS God weren't working. :P
I can't imagine Goku being like "What a loser" either. That's just out of character. I can see him being a little upset since he'd have loved another sparring pal, but I'm sure he's just fine that Gohan is happy. I'm more surprised he said something about Chi Chi actually. That's a big whoa for me. Anything to build up their relationship is welcome to me.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:41 am

Alright, I did a complete translation of the leaked dialogue (which includes a few brief descriptions of character actions and whatnot). Note that in Japanese Zuno's gender is never specified (so I've tried to avoid pronouns in my translation). Same goes for the mysterious fifth team member.

Edit: updated to include the missing bit from the end. You know, the bit where Champa mentions Saiyans...
Long ago…

Champa angrily chases after Beerus

Champa: “You won’t get away with this, Beerus!!!”

He fires a ki blast. Beerus dodges, but the blast’s trajectory changes, homing in on him.

Champa: “Haah!!! It’ll chase you down no matter where you go!!!”
Beerus: “Hmph”

Beerus lands on a planet somewhere. He knocks back the homing blast and surprise attacks Champa. The planet explodes from the shockwave. They go from planet to planet, each exploding in turn. The two land on the ruins of a planet.

Champa: “Beerus…why the hell did you…eat that Puff-Puff Fruit on top of the birthday cake…before I could?!!!”
Beerus: “Because it’s my birthday! Why shouldn’t I?”
Champa: “It was my birthday too!!! You bastard!”
Vados: “My, my…And here I thought I was doing something nice by preparing a birthday cake for the two of them…Looks like that backfired.”
Whis: “Elder Sister…Are you trying to say that you didn’t know it would turn out like this from the start?”
Vados: “Hehehe…”
Champa: “The cakes from Planet Swetts are superb, but their Puff-Puff Fruits are even better!!!”
Beerus: “I know that, dummy! I’ve got a Planet Swetts over here in this universe too, after all!”
Champa: “No way!!! The one over in my Universe 6 has far tastier food!!!”

He easily sends the remains of the planet flying

Champa: “Gghhhh…I don’t care what happens to this universe anymore…!!!”
Beerus: “Hmph! I was hoping as much…!”

The two charge up similar types of energy blasts

Whis: “This won’t do at all.”

Vados and Whis stop the two with a swift blow to the back of the neck

Whis: “If you two are so confident in your food, then why not just have food showdowns from now on?”
Champa: “Gghhh…Alright, I will. But I won’t lose to you, Beerus.”
Beerus: “Fine by me…”

Flashback ends

Whis: “…From then on their showdowns were conducted with food, but it seems this time Lord Champa’s pride has been hurt.”
Vegeta: “Really?...”
Champa: “This time, we’ve got to settle things with a fight! Well, how about it?!”
Beerus: “So, a team battle between five people of our own selection? But what do I stand to gain from this? And how do you plan on switching our two Earths in the first place?”
Champa: “I’ve got ‘Wish Orbs’ that have taken me decades of hard work to collect. They’re mysterious orbs that grant one’s every desire. Naturally they can switch the Earths too. Right now I’ve got six, but one more and I’ll have the whole set. On the off chance your Universe 7 guys win, I’ll give you all six of my Wish Orbs.”
Goku: “Huh? Those aren’t Dragon Balls, are they?”
Champa: “!”
Vados: “My! So you know about Dragon Balls?”
Beerus: “Hahahaha! Too bad! I’ve got those over here in this universe too!”
Champa: “Are you talking about the ones the Namekians made?”
Beerus: “I guess?”
Goku: “Yeah, those are the ones.”
Champa: “Figured as much. The Namekians shaved those ones down long ago, from splinters of the big Wish Orbs, and there are limits to the wishes they’ll grant. But the real ones are on an entirely different scale. A single one is about the size of a planet! They’re so big, you could even call them ‘Wishing Planets!’ And they’ll grant any wish! In other words, they’re ‘Super Dragon Balls’!!!”
Beerus: “Hmmm…But you haven’t found the last one, right? So then what good are they?”
Goku: “Bulma’s radar can track it down in no time! Come on Lord Beerus, accept the match! Please!”
Beerus: “You want to take part in this match?”
Goku: “Of course!...How ‘bout you, Vegeta?”
Vegeta: “I’d like to, but…”
Beerus: “…OK, I get the picture! I’ll do it!”
Champa: “Then let’s decide on the details.”

Narrator: “The rules ended up being the same as the Tenkaichi Budokai: contestants lose if they surrender or fall from the arena, killing is against the rules, weapons and performance-enhancing drugs are prohibited, and (per Vegeta’s suggestion) a simple written test will be conducted ahead of time.”

Vegeta: “After all, it’d be a pain if they brought along monsters devoid of intelligence.”

Narrator: “The matches are set to begin in one week of the 8th Solar Calendar (five days, in Earth terms) at 10 AM on the ‘Nameless Planet’, which floats in neutral space.”

Champa: “Don’t you bail on me now.”
Beerus: “Hmph, that’s my line.”
Vados: “Is this really alright, Lord Champa? If you lose, then the Wish Orbs that we went through so much trouble to gather will…”
Champa: “Hmph! You saw how those two moved earlier, right? They’re total pushovers.”
Goku: “Things are gettin’ excitin’!”

Goku and Vegeta take off their heavy clothing.

Goku: “Phew! Talk about heavy!!! Hey Lord Beerus, you’ve got five contestants to select, right? Who are you planning to pick for the rest?”
Beerus: “Good question. You guys have any ideas?”
Goku: “We gotta get Boo! After him…I guess it’s gotta be Piccolo.”
Vegeta: “What about Gohan? Frankly, he’s probably the one with the highest potential.”
Goku: “No way! He does nothin’ but study all the time. He can’t even find his dougi anymore!”
Vegeta: “A pity. Well then, what should we do?”
Beerus: “Don’t worry, I’ve already decided on the last person.”
Goku: “Huh? Who? Whaddaya mean you’ve already decided?”
Beerus: “I told you once before, right? That in all my many years of fighting, you were my second strongest opponent.”
Goku: “…Yeah, I guess you mentioned that…”
Beerus: “So, it’s the one who was my strongest opponent.”
Goku: “Huh!!?”
Vegeta: “What?!!!”
Goku: “You mean it wasn’t Whis?”
Beerus: “Of course not! Whis couldn’t enter, could he?”
Whis: “……”
Goku: “Did you hear that, Vegeta?!! Wow!!! This is gonna be fun!!!”
Vegeta: “Must be nice to be so carefree.”
Beerus: “Alright! You guys head back to Earth and tell that feisty ‘Bulma’ chick to get ready to search for the seventh Wish Orb! Make sure she’s good to go by the time the matches start! You guys had better win, too! We can’t lose to Universe 6, no matter what! Got that?!”
Goku: “But thinkin’ about, even if we lose, the Earth will just be moved to some different universe. It really won’t make much of a difference.”
Beerus: “What?! If you guys half-ass this, I’ll destroy you!!!”
Goku: “I know, I know. I always give fights everything I’ve got! OK then, see ‘ya! Will you take us back again, Whis?”
Whis: “Yes indeed. I never get tired of going to Earth.”
Beerus: “Good grief…”

Narrator: “At Capsule Corporation, Goku and co. ask Bulma to build a new Dragon Radar in order to locate the last remaining Super Dragon Ball.”

Goku, Vegeta, and Piccolo come over to pick it up.

Bulma: “OK, the new radar’s all done!”
Goku: “Wow, that was fast! You’ve outdone yourself!”
Bulma: “Hey, I was thinking that there should be some of those planet-like Super Dragon Balls here in this universe, right?”
Vegeta: “Hey, that’s right! We should go look for the ones here in our universe first.”
Bulma: “…That’s what I was thinking…”
Goku: “Huh? Hey Bulma, nothing’s showing up on this thing.”
Bulma: “You’re right…Not even a single one…”
Piccolo: “What’s the matter? Is it malfunctioning?”
Bulma: “We’re at the edge of the universe here, so it’s unable to search the entire area. We won’t be able to search for them unless we go to the center of the universe or move around a lot.”
Goku: “Then let’s ask Whis.”
Bulma: “No way…There’s no telling what him or Beerus would use the Super Dragon Balls to wish for. Guess there’s only one option.”

Bulma makes a phone call

Bulma: “Hey, big sis?”
Goku: “…..Sis?”
Tights: “Huh? What did you say? A favor? Yeah yeah, he was bragging about the new spaceship he got. He said it’d only take him 50 minutes or so to reach Earth…OK! I’ll get in touch with him.”

50 minutes later

Jaco: “Look, I’m an elite patrolman! I’m busy! Don’t call me over for every little thing!”
Bulma: “Hey you! Do you know how to get to the center of the universe? Not just the center of the galaxy, the center of the whole universe!”
Jaco: “What are you, stupid or something? Even just one galaxy is ridiculously vast, and there’s tons of galaxies in the universe! Nobody could know how to get there…Well OK, Zuno might…”
Bulma: “Zuno? Who’s that?”
Jaco: “A weirdo who knows everything. Zuno can even tell what style of underwear a total stranger is wearing.”
Bulma: “Would this person know about the Super Dragon Balls too?”
Jaco: “Well, I’ve never heard of those, but I’m sure Zuno knows all about them.”
Bulma: “Take me to Zuno right now!”
Jaco: “…If you insist, but my ship’s only got room for one more.”
Bulma: “I’ll be fine on my own.”
Jaco: “OK, get in.”
Vegeta: “Hey you, don’t do anything funny to Bulma.”

Jaco makes a face like he wouldn’t even dream of it. Bulma hits him.

Jaco: “Owy”
Bulma: “There’s no time to lose! Let’s get going!”
Goku: “We’ve both got some pretty feisty wives.”
Vegeta: “Hmph…Well, I don’t mind.”
Piccolo: “!”
Goku: “Now that you mention it, I like Chi-Chi just fine too!”
Vegeta: “It’s your Saiyan blood; Saiyan women were all strong-willed…”
Goku: “Huh?”
Piccolo: “(So that’s it?!! I finally understand!)”

The Nameless Planet
The six Wish Orbs float in the sky (they really are planet-sized)

Champa: "Needs some bathrooms. And I want there to be shop stands too...Alright! I guess this'll do for a stadium."
Vados: "By the way, have you already decided on your five contestants?"
Champa: "Those two over at Beerus' place were probably Saiyans...We'd better get some Saiyans too..."
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.