"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ryan s
Temporarily Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ryan s » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:14 am

piccolo clearly felt both their power levels and inferred frieza was stronger as evidenced when Goku used the kaioken x20 and frieza withstood it thus showing Goku and the gang frieza was suppressed obviously unless you ant to argue Goku couldn't tell? frieza was clearly doing short burst of his power and Goku fought he was bluffing
Piccolo couldn't even tell which one of them were stronger until they fought. So yes he needed to visually see the 3,000,000-60,000,000 gap with his own eyes since he couldn't comprehend either power.[/quote] if you can sense it as big, you can logically sense who is bigger.... as has been done in the show countless times. he can't pinpoint it but clearly has a scope of it

Hit fought kaioken x10 Goku and they were near enough matched, Hit came back in episode 72 and was way stronger than before and using a greater technique stated by Goku and hit themselves therefore Goku got over 10x stronger debunking your silly scale

i also don't think the writers are thinking about comprehension of the characters it's a statement made to imply they are close in power

countless times have people shows the difference in ki

Minute: 12
Context: Ginyu, now in Tagoma's body, powers up.

Kuririn: "H-He's so strong..."
Piccolo: "His power has risen even higher than before?!"
Jaco: "I see. He drew out that Tagoma person's full power. I guess that's the sort of person Ginyu is."

Minute: 9

Freeza: "Judging from the energy I'm sensing, it seems that I will be the victor, does it not?"
Goku: "I think it'll be a close match."
Freeza: "No, I am superior."

also if korrin a cat can tell who is stronger between Goku and cell, i am sure a experienced warrior like piccolo or a god like shin can comprehend power levels way above them. you are using one statement which really is just fluff frieza was oviously not above their comprehension as in sensing but just as in how strong they are is unbelievable
Last edited by ryan s on Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:52 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I don't know what the conversations always devolve into this, but please keep the strength debates in the respective threads. Thanks.
Please consider this post more carefully. This strength discussion is starting to deviate quite a bit from being related to the Super manga. It'd probably be better if you moved here.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:29 pm

Toyotaro is in Naples https://mobile.twitter.com/DBITALIAFANS ... 6026387456 he mentioned about the eoz
Mostly active on discord.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:36 pm

The gr wrote:Toyotaro is in Naples https://mobile.twitter.com/DBITALIAFANS ... 6026387456 he mentioned about the eoz
Wow, he says that Super is preparing the terrain to channel the end of Z.

I think we can expect the US arc to be the last in between the 10 year gap.
Heno heno kappa!

Chelentano
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Chelentano » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:58 pm

It seems they already have Volume 2 on Italy:

Steam profile: psn_chelentano
Xenoverse 2 characters: Rugal (female Saiyan), Salacadula (male Majin), Sleet (Freezer race)

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:04 pm

Chelentano wrote:It seems they already have Volume 2 on Italy:

Yup that's the case, they're selling DBS vol 1 and 2,as well the original DB vol 1
    Toyotaro will be in Naples in Sunday and Monday for autograph and events, Maybe toyotaro will talk about the future of DBS like he did today with the mention of the Eoz https://mobile.twitter.com/DBITALIAFANS ... 7433759744, i'm expecting an interview, that will appear in vol 3, since that volume will be in the market in June

Basako
    Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:03 pm

TheRed259 wrote:Toyotaro's interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g851To8bXA
    They comment some of the scenes of the manga, the one Trunks and Mai are attacked by Black, the first cover ilustration, Goku as a farmer, the first Kamehameha, Goku and Vegeta training and Frost's pose. They comment how he inspires in Toriyama's original work. I think they say the farmer scene was written by Toriyama.

Nothing about the juicy parts, like the use of SSG against Hit or any in universe information. But the interview is incomplete, maybe they asked more things later.
    Heno heno kappa!

The gr
    I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:26 pm

here's a clearer look on ToybleImage

TheMathemagician
    OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:32 pm

Chelentano wrote:It seems they already have Volume 2 on Italy:

The books look nice. The interview is also quite interesting. My girl Lum looks nice too. Her and Moroboshi are awesome. Just re-read and re-watched Urusei Yatsura, a GOAT series indeed.
    "Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

DBZGTKOSDH
    Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:37 pm

ryan s wrote:
    DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Blue Vegetto should be much, much stronger than Beerus. SSG Goku is equal with 60% Beerus, and SSB Goku & SSB Vegeta together can rival Beerus at full power, while Blue Vegetto should be hundreds of times stronger than SSB Goku & SS Vegeta, based on how strong Super Vegetto was compared to SS Goku & SS Vegeta. Beerus may be much stronger than SS3 Vegetto would have been, but he should be nothing compared to Blue Vegetto. Kaioshin is most likely wondering who is stronger because he hasn't witnessed Beerus' full power and only has an idea of it in his head.
    Looking far to into this

1) he never used 60%
    2) shin has sensed enough of Beerus to conclude they are close in power
    He used 70%, and Toriyama said SSG Goku was as strong as 60% Beerus. As long as the Super manga doesn't contradict this (and it doesn't, so far), I see no reason to disregard it. And also, we have no idea how much Kaioshin knows about Beerus' power.
    James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

ryan s
    Temporarily Banned

Post by ryan s » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:01 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:He used 70%, and Toriyama said SSG Goku was as strong as 60% Beerus. As long as the Super manga doesn't contradict this (and it doesn't, so far), I see no reason to disregard it. And also, we have no idea how much Kaioshin knows about Beerus' power.
    That is not said in the manga or the anime.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:25 pm

Last warning. Take the strength debates to the appropriate threads. Future posts on the subject will be removed.
    Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
    My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

sintzu
    Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:44 pm

Q: What is the relationship between you and master Toriyama? What advice does he give you?
    T: Toriyama first writes the scenario and the text, then I create the storyboard, I present it to Toriyama and Shueisha and after their approval I start to draw.

Q: Do you think you have given continuity to what Toriyama did?
    T: Yes, this is a series created by Toriyama, so it has to follow its style, but I want to put some of my originality and freshness.

Q: What are these elements of originality?
    T: Regarding the story, I keep the narrative arch but I put my own jokes. So Toriyama creates the main things but then I put my own, for example in the choreographies of the fights.
    I guess this pretty much confirms that the reason the Black arc was different in the manga wasn't because he changed what was given to him by Toriyama.
    July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Analytical Delusion
    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytical Delusion » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:12 pm

The gr wrote:Toyotaro is in Naples https://mobile.twitter.com/DBITALIAFANS ... 6026387456 he mentioned about the eoz
    Interesting. This comment in particular caught my eye:

"Dragon Ball Italia @DBITALIAFANS

Replying to @Shellum_Lee
    It will not exceed or will change the end of #DragonBallZ but will close exactly with Goku and Ub at Tenkaichi Tournament and flying away ."

https://mobile.twitter.com/DBITALIAFANS ... 9200428033

Seems that there is no intention for Super to continue beyond the EOZ epilogue.

Replying to @Shellum_Lee
    She has expressly said that everything will end as we already know. No surprises.
    He did not say if will end soon, but he is already..."

https://mobile.twitter.com/DBITALIAFANS ... 8418394112

Replying to @Shellum_Lee
    ... preparing the ground because everything is corresponding with that ending."

https://mobile.twitter.com/DBITALIAFANS ... 6552867841

I was never a fan of the original epilogue so I was hoping it would be retconned/ignored, but it seems that not only will that not be the case, but the current plan is that Super will end before that point in the timeline.

Maybe there will be a new series/license after EOZ? Hopefully they're not avoiding doing so because they don't want to step on the toes of GT. :|

Basako
    Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:23 pm

Analytical Delusion wrote: https://mobile.twitter.com/DBITALIAFANS ... 6552867841

I was never a fan of the original epilogue so I was hoping it would be retconned/ignored, but it seems that not only will that not be the case, but the current plan is that Super will end before that point in the timeline.

Maybe there will be a new series/license after EOZ? Hopefully they're not avoiding doing so because they don't want to step on the toes of GT. :|
    If this informations mean that, I'm really happy. I wasn't very fan of the EoZ when I first saw it, but it grew on me and I couldn't imagine it another way now. I want Goku leaving with Oob to train him, the tournament and everything else exactly as we saw it. The second version, where Goku gives Oob the Kinton cloud, as it's the last he made.

I hope they take it from there after the current arc.
    Heno heno kappa!

micah007
    Not-So-Newbie

Post by micah007 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:47 pm

With all the new lore introduced, no way the franchise goes back to being dead after Super ends in the near future. Even if we don't get another anime for a bit we'll more than likely get a manga for the "New" GT years.

OLKv3
    I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:04 pm

Well that sucks.

Ki Breaker
    Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:10 pm

OLKv3 wrote:Well that sucks.
    What sucks?
    Vacuums? Black holes? Fans Toriyama's dick?
    The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Draconic
    I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:18 pm

Don't we already have the interview? He says that the series is leading into EoZ, not that it's ending there and neither that it's ending at all. It's possible, even plausible, but Toyotaro didn't say anything like that.
    Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW