"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by MisteryOne » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:53 pm

TKA wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote: Why didn't Goku do it sooner?
It's amazing how this keeps popping up as a critique. People need to actually pay attention to the story they're criticizing.

Here you go, chum:
TKA wrote:
1. Goku didn't have much energy left by the time he and Vegeta fused.

2. This technique is dangerous and unmastered. It's literally only being used because he has exhausted all other options.
Not only that, but it is an useless form against Future Zamasu, who was Goku's foe since Vegeta wanted to take down Black by himself. And in the very same chapter when they fuse, Goku was going to eat the last senzu before Vegeta agreed to fuse. No matter how you look at it, this is not an asspull like the ones Trunks had in the anime. This has been foreshadowed, and its not a coincidence that for different reasons (Vegeta, Future Zamasu's paralysis, Mafuba) Goku never fought Black at full power. Hell, Goku din't see to have a problem with Vegeta not wanting to fuse. They knew there was still this form as a last atemp. People just forgets what happened on the previous chapters (or just ignore it to critize the manga) and keep seeing non-existing plot holes.

I also want it to end this month trough. They should just call Zeno already, or Merged Zamasu should defuse. I hope at the very least Trunks kills Black
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:55 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:The really off putting thing with this is that Toyotaro is gonna do the ki leaking business better than the anime, the place that emphasized that WAY more than the manga ever did.

You can disagree with me on this but when the show says "You people are fucking morons for wasting power with auras!" then your series better effing ditch them!

That's like if Grade 3 suddenly became not only viable, but an ever present factor to victory after the Cell fight definitively proved why it was a POS that you should ditch as soon as possible.
I won't be surprised if Goku's new form is somehow related no that, or its some type of «absorbed Kaioken» or something. In the context of the anime ROF arc trough, pretty sure it was just an excuse so Goku and Vegeta could (somehow since we don't even have an explanation yet in any media of how they actually did it) archieve Blue.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:57 pm

MisteryOne wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:The really off putting thing with this is that Toyotaro is gonna do the ki leaking business better than the anime, the place that emphasized that WAY more than the manga ever did.

You can disagree with me on this but when the show says "You people are fucking morons for wasting power with auras!" then your series better effing ditch them!

That's like if Grade 3 suddenly became not only viable, but an ever present factor to victory after the Cell fight definitively proved why it was a POS that you should ditch as soon as possible.
I won't be surprised if Goku's new form is somehow related no that, or its some type of «absorbed Kaioken» or something. In the context of the anime ROF arc trough, pretty sure it was just an excuse so Goku and Vegeta could (somehow since we don't even have an explanation yet in any media of how they actually did it) archieve Blue.
If it was just a training technique that gets obsolete after a while I could buy it but when the ROSAT keeps, somehow, giving these guys big boosts in power, you cannot tell me ki leaking won't too.

Not to mention that it's REALLY stupid not to tell that little tidbit to other characters to make them stronger under more reasonable terms.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:57 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:...when the show says "You people are fucking morons for wasting power with auras!" then proceed to keep having that element around, you're screwing things up.
That's not quite what happened though, is it? The trick to attaining new power was to stop ki from leaking, and though in the episodes where Goku and Vegeta learned this, the obvious change is the lack of an aura, that doesn't necessarily mean that an aura is always indicative of ki leakage. You'll notice that the SSB aura actually moves in a more circular pattern than an others, which could, and I'd argue, does imply a circulation of ki.

Granted, I'd say that Toyotaro's take on this is better right now, but the show could easily expand on it just as well.
Retired.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:01 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:...when the show says "You people are fucking morons for wasting power with auras!" then proceed to keep having that element around, you're screwing things up.
That's not quite what happened though, is it? The trick to attaining new power was to stop ki from leaking, and though in the episodes where Goku and Vegeta learned this, the obvious change is the lack of an aura, that doesn't necessarily mean that an aura is always indicative of ki leakage. You'll notice that the SSB aura actually moves in a more circular pattern than an others, which could, and I'd argue, does imply a circulation of ki.

Granted, I'd say that Toyotaro's take on this is better right now, but the show could easily expand on it just as well.
The show's about 3 arcs too late to really expand on this and it'll feel REALLY random if it suddenly matters again after so much stuff has gone out of its way to ignore that development entirely.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:35 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
MisteryOne wrote:

If it was just a training technique that gets obsolete after a while I could buy it but when the ROSAT keeps, somehow, giving these guys big boosts in power, you cannot tell me ki leaking won't too.

Not to mention that it's REALLY stupid not to tell that little tidbit to other characters to make them stronger under more reasonable terms.
Eh, its stupid as well to not tell other characters about Whis' staff. I mean, maybe they won't be able to use it, but at the very least Goku and Vegeta should suggest it. Reminds me about Goku/King Kai not teaching Kaioken to anyone.

The ROSAT giving so insane boosts seems to be a Toriyama thing, and its definelty stupid. I was fine with the 3 years pre-Champa arc since for me its like some type of in-univerde excuse to make a silent retcon and bring back the golden SS forms again, but Vegeta defeating Black after training there is just dumb. I suppose I can somehow buy the manga version, even it its still nonsensical, because it adds a bit more of strategy that just getting a lot stronger, but yeah, its a nonsense. Specially because at the very least they should bring Whis with them there. But not, we are in the fifth arc (third one in terms of original content) of Super and until now the most clever thing they have done with Whis is having Goku train with him in the gravity room.

For me, at this point, Whis was just a mean to add new and interesting stuff (base being SSG level and the SS version being blue haired, and the cool ROF outfits) that was quickly eliminated (SSB is just another form now, pretty much a SS4 for the anime, and the new outfits are gone). For whatever reason it seems like the biggest power ups that Goku and Vegeta archieve have nothing to do with Whis in both versions (Kaioken, Mastered SSB, training in the ROSAT to defeat Black, Goku's potential new form, etc). So, in the end, he was just a mean to give Vegeta god powers and help the duo archieving a new form. But thay doesn't even put them near Beerus (now, of course, that bastard powers keeps being retconned since the ROF movie :P) so in the end, it was useless.

You could have Vegeta go trough the ritual, absorbing SSG and becoming SSB with Goku doing it as well, and Whis would not even be necessary. He doesn't really bring anything new to the table. So for me, the training in the ROF arc is just a one time thing that Toei will keep ignoring, I don't think you have to read too much into it.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:04 pm

MisteryOne wrote:Reminds me about Goku/King Kai not teaching Kaioken to anyone.
I like to think it wasn't because they didn't teach it. The others simply couldn't learn it, not even Kaio could use it and he bloody created it. It fits with the narrative of the technique.
Otherwise let's just give all characters the same techniques(like SSJ and Kamehameha), the only difference being who gets it first. That's just lame.

I would like if people didn't just assume characters don't get x transformation or x technique because they are lazy or someone didn't bother teach it.
Sometimes certain lines have meaning: like Kaio commenting on the difficulty of the Kaioken and that maybe Goku could master it; like Beerus commenting how Goku is a genius because he absorbed SSJ God power.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:13 pm

We'll probably get leaks around the next saturday, the same day we usually watch the week new episode. So yeah I can expect a lot of stuff to discuss this day :)
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:02 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:

But the entire thing about ki leakage is only in the anime, not in the manga. So why are we applying what happened in the anime to the manga?

Also, it was never said in the anime that having an aura is an indication of ki leakage. When Vegeta and Goku were leaking ki according to Whis, they didn't even have auras.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:30 am

HeroR wrote:But the entire thing about ki leakage is only in the anime, not in the manga. So why are we applying what happened in the anime to the manga?
I was addressing a comparison between anime and manga that I didn't think held up. He compared the mastered SSB of the manga to the prevention of ki leakage in the manga, and my response was a critique of his perception of the anime counterpart.
Retired.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:33 pm

-Next chapter and Volume 3 sales-

We shall get leaks of the next chapter this week. If Toyotaro is really going the route where Merged Zamasu diffuses, I'm expecting to happen in the next chapter.

I'm also curious to see the updated sales of the last Volume by the end of the week, since a full week will have passed. I'm expecting to have reached 150k+.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:47 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:We shall get leaks of the next chapter this week. If Toyotaro is really going the route where Merged Zamasu diffuses, I'm expecting to happen in the next chapter.
It is that time already, isn't it? I'll be the first to place 10,000 Zeni on the arc ending next month. Actually, The anime arc started a year ago this month, perhaps Toyotaro wanted to end it now, so I retract my bet.
Retired.

MyNiggaGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MyNiggaGoku » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:29 pm

If Zamasu defuses,I really hope Trunks will have a great fight vs Goku Black and then kill him.

Vegeta had 2 fights with Black,1 lost and 1 won.
Goku had 2 fights with Zamasu,1 lost and 1 won.
Trunks had 1 fight with Black in the start of the arc which he lost.He must win 1 fight against the big bad,it's his arc after all.
My Dragon Ball Super 'Canon'

TKA
Advanced Regular

Post by TKA » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:20 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:We shall get leaks of the next chapter this week.
Oh boy! Can't wait to see this thread crying and moaning over leaks again before the actual chapter is out, just like every other month!
The Creatives who inspire me: Akira Toriyama, George Lucas, Chris Nolan, J. R. R. Tolkien and Zack Snyder

http://i.imgur.com/XAnj7Yi.jpg

You saw Batman v Superman? Is it the Ultimate Edition? No? Then you haven't seen Batman v Superman. Also, the Snyder Cut is the greatest, non-deconstructionist ensemble comic book film ever made.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:24 am

TKA wrote:Oh boy! Can't wait to see this thread crying and moaning over leaks again before the actual chapter is out, just like every other month!
This is not a comment worth posting. If there are actual opinions being shared that you wish to challenge or engage with, you're more than welcome to do so in the spirit of our forum rules.

If and when comments are posted that require moderation? Please use the built-in tool to report it so one can take a look and act.

Nonsense like this? Complaining about theoretical complaining into the void of nothingness? You can just keep this to yourself, please. Be the type of person and make the type of comments you wish you see. I would hope this doesn't align with what you envision the conversation should look like.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:30 am

I'm betting that this arc will end in July honestly,I just don't see it ending this month but who knows, toyotaro is unpredictable with these chapters, that's a positive in my book, seriously no one predicted the mastered ssb or ssg Vegeta
Mostly active on discord.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:51 pm

MyNiggaGoku wrote:If Zamasu defuses,I really hope Trunks will have a great fight vs Goku Black and then kill him.

Trunks had 1 fight with Black in the start of the arc which he lost.He must win 1 fight against the big bad,it's his arc after all.
Trunks fought Black three times. You're getting SSj2 Trunks vs SSR Black, where he had to be saved by Gowasu and Kaioshin
Then Trunks got bodied by him off panel when they went to save the last remaining humans, and got saved by Goku and Vegeta

Also, it being Trunks' arc doesn't mean he has to be the super strong fighter of the arc, it just means events surrounding the arc all involve him or are caused by him

MyNiggaGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MyNiggaGoku » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:45 pm

OLKv3 wrote:
MyNiggaGoku wrote:If Zamasu defuses,I really hope Trunks will have a great fight vs Goku Black and then kill him.

Trunks fought Black three times. You're getting SSj2 Trunks vs SSR Black, where he had to be saved by Gowasu and Kaioshin
Then Trunks got bodied by him off panel when they went to save the last remaining humans, and got saved by Goku and Vegeta

Also, it being Trunks' arc doesn't mean he has to be the super strong fighter of the arc, it just means events surrounding the arc all involve him or are caused by him
Can you call the off panel thing a fight though? It just happened,with no details whatsoever.However the fight he had while he tried to save Goku & Vegeta was a major one story wise,so yeah I'm counting it.

That means he got his butt kicked twice(though while remaining a badass) and I really hope he gets some glory,I don't like the idea of him being a total pushover in the arc he was hyped up to return(but I honestly prefer Trunks staying on the sidelines instead of getting the anime treatment with some random power ups).
My Dragon Ball Super 'Canon'

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:57 pm

This arc is reaching it's climax.
Trunks time is coming up.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:17 am

Miracles wrote:This arc is reaching it's climax.
Trunks time is coming up.
This is gonna be like Vegeta's part in the Broly movie, isn't it?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017