"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The gr
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by The gr » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:15 pm

Totamo wrote:[
That is one thing i noticed though.

Goku doesn't sound nearly as reckless as he did in the anime, in fact he genuinely thinks that Xeno won't do anything wrong. You think Toyo would amp that part up since it seemed to be a big focus in the beginning but I don't think thats happening here.
I did find that Tibit strange,wth Goku you literally saw him erasing a timeline months ago with no hesitation & now he thinks he won't erase the universe that losses,is gonna bite him really hard when he sees zeno actually erasing the losers or he knows something that the audience don't know :think:
Mostly active on discord.

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:18 pm

Gokus argument for why Zeno won't do anything dangerous was funny.

"No, he wouldn't do that, just look at his cute face."

Goku, you're adorable as a button, but you are super dangerous.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:21 pm

The gr wrote:

Goku doesn't sound nearly as reckless as he did in the anime, in fact he genuinely thinks that Xeno won't do anything wrong. You think Toyo would amp that part up since it seemed to be a big focus in the beginning but I don't think thats happening here.
I did find that Tibit strange,wth Goku you literally saw him erasing a timeline a months ago & now he thinks he won't erase the universe that losses
In both the anime and manga, Zen'o erasing the loser came out of nowhere.

The different seems to be Anime Goku is aware of Zen'o power since he saw it first hand, but think Zen'o isn't temperamental enough to blindly erase or asking him about the tourument to be a problem.

Manga Goku just comes off as naive and seems to think Zen'o is relatively harmless. Which is odd since this is usually Anime Goku's problem. Especially since Manga Goku comes off an asshole about not understanding why Vegeta cares to see the birth of his child, while Anime Goku comes off as more naive or disconnected.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:24 pm

HeroR wrote:
The gr wrote:

I did find that Tibit strange,wth Goku you literally saw him erasing a timeline a months ago & now he thinks he won't erase the universe that losses
In both the anime and manga, Zen'o erasing the loser came out of nowhere.

The different seems to be Anime Goku is aware of Zen'o power since he saw it first hand, but think Zen'o isn't temperamental enough to blindly erase or asking him about the tourument to be a problem.

Manga Goku just comes off as naive and seems to think Zen'o is relatively harmless. Which is odd since this is usually Anime Goku's problem. Especially since Manga Goku comes off an asshole about not understanding why Vegeta cares to see the birth of his child, while Anime Goku comes off as more naive or disconnected.
Actually, Goku should have more reason to think Zeno could be dangerous here. In the Anime, Zamasu was leaking into the entire universe, in the Manga... He was a bunch of guys on one planet.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:26 pm

Goku is really asking for a universal genocide [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
HeroR wrote: In both the anime and manga, Zen'o erasing the loser came out of nowhere.

I just find it strange Goku didn't comments on zeno power,look at the page that I posted above,he is really naive like you said,yes zeno is your friends but you should at least know how dangerous he is.They are really gonna hammered of Goku being evil
Last edited by The gr on Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mostly active on discord.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:34 pm

The gr wrote:[quote="Tot

I did find that Tibit strange,wth Goku you literally saw him erasing a timeline months ago with no hesitation & now he thinks he won't erase the universe that losses,is gonna bite him really hard when he sees zeno actually erasing the losers[/quote]
Yeah, I don't know I feel about that. Goku ignoring Beerus despite knowing what the omni king could do. appealed to me. It was a carefree Goku, who just wanted to have fun and fight literally what could be the last fight of his life. He has a big goofy smile on his face as he beats everyone up. Of course, he will fix everything but he will have fun until then.

Now Toyo wants to make Goku look like like he doesn't know? That was the whole point of the scene! he better not cry, he better not apologize, I don't want of that nonsense here. .

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:36 pm

The gr wrote:Goku is really asking for a universal genocide [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
HeroR wrote: In both the anime and manga, Zen'o erasing the loser came out of nowhere.

I just find it strange Goku didn't comments on zeno power,look at the page that I posted above,he is really naive like you said,yes zeno is your friends but you should at least know how dangerous he is
I found that odd too. His utter lack of self-awareness in the manga leaves me puzzled. I mean, that cute thing wiped a timeline and you if you didn't leave without a second thought.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:40 pm

I prefer the anime version when Goku and Beerus had that tense atmosphere with Beerus threatening him and Goku scorning back.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:43 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:I prefer the anime version when Goku and Beerus had that tense atmosphere with Beerus threatening him and Goku scorning back.
When I think about, couldn't Beerus knocked Goku out before he pressed it? In the anime, Goku had to divert Beerus' eyes before he did anything.
Kanassa wrote:

TysonWine
Beyond Newbie

Post by TysonWine » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:44 pm

The prophecy was changed to include Vegeta. It went from "a SSJ God will be Beerus' rival" to "those two." This means it's likely that whatever form Goku gets in the future, Vegeta will get it too. This is unfortunate for me, because I don't like the way Goku and Vegeta keep one-upping each other so fast. Goku learns to control Blue, and what do you know, Vegeta learns the same. I don't mind Vegeta getting stronger, but it's the speed in which they get stronger the exact same way that bugs me. I'd like to see power-ups unrelated to Saiyan DNA, because Goku and Vegeta appear to have such a strong osmosis to each other where all they have to do is see each other do something and they can duplicate it.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:49 pm

HeroR wrote:
The gr wrote:Goku is really asking for a universal genocide [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I just find it strange Goku didn't comments on zeno power,look at the page that I posted above,he is really naive like you said,yes zeno is your friends but you should at least know how dangerous he is
I found that odd too. His utter lack of self-awareness in the manga leaves me puzzled. I mean, that cute thing wiped a timeline and you if you didn't leave without a second thought.
Yeah, I'm seriously confused here. Why can't Goku act the same in both mediums? In the anime, Goku thinks Zen-oh wouldn't do it. In the manga , Goku thinks Zen-oh couldn't do it.

One is a character being reckless, the other is a character being just incorrect.

Now my question is, which one is Toriyama? Because I am no longer buying that Toyo is more faithful to his outline all the time.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:58 pm

Totamo wrote:
HeroR wrote:
The gr wrote:Goku is really asking for a universal genocide [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]I just find it strange Goku didn't comments on zeno power,look at the page that I posted above,he is really naive like you said,yes zeno is your friends but you should at least know how dangerous he is
Yeah, I'm seriously confused here. Why can't Goku act the same in both mediums? In the anime, Goku thinks Zen-oh wouldn't do it. In the manga , Goku thinks Zen-oh couldn't do it.

One is a character being reckless, the other is a character being just incorrect.

Now my question is, which one is Toriyama? Because I am no longer buying that Toyo is more faithful to his outline all the time.
They don't act the same since Toyo and the writers in Toei have different interpretations of Goku's character.

Toei usually protrays Goku as a naive, carefree goofball whose bad actions usually comes from a place of innocents. Like how Anime Goku just didn't understand why Vegeta needed to be there when Bulma gave birth.

Toyo's Goku tends to be more mean-spirit like how he acts about Gohan not training and almost seems to take pride that he trains so much that he doesn't know or care when his kids were born. He actually reminds me of dub Bardock. At the same time, he has less goofy and 'dumb' moments compared to Anime Goku.

Which is why I find it strange that Anime Goku acted more like Manga Goku when it comes to Zen'o. It's just strange.
Kanassa wrote:

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:08 pm

HeroR wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:I prefer the anime version when Goku and Beerus had that tense atmosphere with Beerus threatening him and Goku scorning back.
When I think about, couldn't Beerus knocked Goku out before he pressed it? In the anime, Goku had to divert Beerus' eyes before he did anything.
To be honest I felt the same for both mediums, if Beerus had the time to raise his arms and threaten Goku, why not knock him out, which is why I kinda hoped the manga wouldnt have their interactions the same, but instead it made it worst, Beerus didnt even threaten Goku and Goku wasnt acting like how he should be in his manga version, like you said I also find it weird how the anime was more like how the manga should have been while the manga ver would have been better as the anime one.

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:23 pm

HeroR wrote:
I find it odd how Beerus in the manga didn't even ATTEMPT to stop Goku from pressing the button other than try to convince him with words. Goku didn't pull that anime trick with him in the manga, so Beerus wasn't distracted. In the anime, it showed how serious Beerus was as he even threatened to erase Goku.

Namz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Namz » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:00 pm

Goku didn't get hurt by the bullet. He just didn't catch it and that is why he said he's out of shape.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:43 pm

Namz wrote:Goku didn't get hurt by the bullet. He just didn't catch it and that is why he said he's out of shape.
He has scrapes on his arms..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:10 pm

TysonWine wrote:The prophecy was changed to include Vegeta. It went from "a SSJ God will be Beerus' rival" to "those two." This means it's likely that whatever form Goku gets in the future, Vegeta will get it too. This is unfortunate for me, because I don't like the way Goku and Vegeta keep one-upping each other so fast. Goku learns to control Blue, and what do you know, Vegeta learns the same. I don't mind Vegeta getting stronger, but it's the speed in which they get stronger the exact same way that bugs me. I'd like to see power-ups unrelated to Saiyan DNA, because Goku and Vegeta appear to have such a strong osmosis to each other where all they have to do is see each other do something and they can duplicate it.
That's what's called a rivalry.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:12 pm

Just how much stronger is Beers compared to Goku and Vegeta? The difference between them comes off as one that's so significant that it's impossible for them to catch up no matter what type of training they do.

"God of Destruction" seems like such a static level that's so far above Super Saiyan Blue and everyone except the Angels. Vegeta is powerful enough to be a candidate for God of Destruction in another universe, but Beers being a God of Destruction alone is the reason why Vegeta's so outmatched against him.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:26 pm

How do you guys get the scene so wrong? Goku knows Zeno is dangerous, but Goku is cocky. He thinks because he befriended Zeno, that Zeno would never harm him or his world. He thinks Zeno will see it as a fun tournament, since there's no evil involved
The Zamasu incident happened in his mind because
1. Future Zeno didn't know Goku
2. Zamasu was evil and ruined the world

It was like this in both the anime and manga. He doesn't believe that his Zeno would destroy the universe over a tournament that Zeno himself requested. Because they're buds and such

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:40 pm

OLKv3 wrote:How do you guys get the scene so wrong? Goku knows Zeno is dangerous, but Goku is cocky. He thinks because he befriended Zeno, that Zeno would never harm him or his world. He thinks Zeno will see it as a fun tournament, since there's no evil involved
The Zamasu incident happened in his mind because
1. Future Zeno didn't know Goku
2. Zamasu was evil and ruined the world

It was like this in both the anime and manga. He doesn't believe that his Zeno would destroy the universe over a tournament that Zeno himself requested. Because they're buds and such
The big different is that anime Goku acknowledge Zen'o's power and even tell Beerus, "I know his power, I've seen it for myself". Here, there is no such acknowledgment from manga Goku with him going as far as to point out how cute Zen'o is. He also never once invoked 'Zen'o is my friend' in the anime. He just says, 'it will be fine'. Manga Goku comes off a more native, Anime Goku comes off as reckless and a bit of asshole by the way he talked to Beerus in that scene.

Plus, Future Zen'o didn't have to wiped the timeline to kill Merged Zamasu in the manga since Merged Zamasu was only on one planet, compared to the anime where Merged Zamasu was spreading and bursting through time, making his erasing of the future timeline far more justifiable.
Kanassa wrote: