"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ikazvyr
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Ikazvyr » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:50 pm

I always laugh when everyone makes early assumptions and it end to be nothing like they were thinking. Beerus is just evading and also struggling a little. When he managed to attack, Sidra defended without effort, and THIS leaked earlier, folks

I understand you guys may not like the manga and you have the right to complain if something don't feel right to you, but every month I have the feel that you hate it just so you can feel different than others, or are even just trolling. Guys, it's not so hard to wait some days for a leak or even the official translation by Viz. Please. Even if I laugh like I said, the same joke every month gets boring fast. Wanna complain? Wait for a motive

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:59 pm

The leaks are making me a little anxious in waiting for a translation because I'm really enjoying what I've seen so far. I love the little tidbits of the getting a small perspective of what the other Hakaishin get up to prior to being summoned by Grand Priest/Zeno(s). The battle between all the Hakaishin looks neat and it seems as though it's setting up Goku vs Toppo. So we won't be getting Majin Boo vs Basil or Gohan vs Lavender. That's a shame. Those fights serviced the main respective participants in the battles pretty well. But the alternative is shaping up to be really intriguing.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:02 pm

Vermoud is really different here; he's a cunt. Not too sure I like how he's being portrayed considering Toppo and the Pride Poopers are all about JUSTICE. Could provide for some interesting contrast, I suppose.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:06 pm

OLKv3 wrote:Just saw the full chapter, can't wait for the translation. I love that they acknowledged 2 Zenos, since I don't remember the gods ever even wondering in the anime. A lot of dialogue, this looks good
They did in their small reunion moments after the Zen Exhibition Match, I remember Helles asking about.

Also since you did read the full chapter, when Beerus struggled?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:16 pm

I don't know if anyone noticed but when they showed Arack's Planet, it actually looks exactly the same as what Beerus' Planet was originally going to look like in Battle of Gods.

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:33 pm

Belmod and Marcarita get a lot of screentime in the manga and I love it. Can't wait for the translations!
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:37 pm

It's good to see Gowasu again.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:48 pm

I just saw it as well, interested in the translations. When i first saw the 2 panels that leaked, I thought Mosco was KO'd by a tackle from Quitela, though it looks like after he bear hugged Beerus (who escapes) he's hit by Quitela, Rumusshi and Champa.

It's kind of weird seeing Daishinkan with an angelic staff though, I like how in the anime he just does it all by hand.

Hmm, i can already see those who think that Jiren is the mortal stronger than a god will probably believe it more just based off of Vermoud in this chapter. I get that feeling lol though I still don't think it's Jiren. Heck, it might not even be brought up in the manga since it's different than the anime.
Last edited by DainIronfoot on Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:50 pm

I liked seeing bits of the other destruction gods' worlds.

I'm curious if this is replacing the preliminaries or not.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

TKA
Advanced Regular

Post by TKA » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:54 pm

gammabeast21 wrote:(This is my subjective opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If you have a different opinion, that means we can debate, but don't attack me because I have different views than you.)

I wonder how the response to U7 vs U9 exhibition would have been if we got GoD Battle Royal from the manga first. I think people would agree with me that Buu getting a fight that shows off his fighting mentality and relationship with Mr Satan, and Gohan having a fight before getting his fighting sense back is better than getting GoD -so far generic- brawl with each other while giving Beerus the Toyotaro manga-fashion wank.
Buu loves Mr. Satan. We saw that before in the Buu arc when he got beaten to a pulp to protect Satan vs Pure/Kid Buu. We also saw it when he prevented Super Buu's attacks from hitting Satan. Buu loves Satan. We know this.

Gohan wants to get stronger after letting himself get weak by not training. We saw this plotline in the buu arc. It was the crux of half of the arc. Then we saw it again in Resurrection F.

Both the points you raised are retreads of what's already happened. Recycled bits. We don't need the manga to cover that shit since Toriyama himself depicted it far better than anyone else will. And he did it first. These new stories should do something new, and showing the dynamics between the gods is far more interesting than feeding me stuff I've already eaten.
The Creatives who inspire me: Akira Toriyama, George Lucas, Chris Nolan, J. R. R. Tolkien and Zack Snyder

http://i.imgur.com/XAnj7Yi.jpg

You saw Batman v Superman? Is it the Ultimate Edition? No? Then you haven't seen Batman v Superman. Also, the Snyder Cut is the greatest, non-deconstructionist ensemble comic book film ever made.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:54 pm

Chuquita wrote:I liked seeing bits of the other destruction gods' worlds.

It looks like it does. It's the same setup and location so far. The ring is the same too. Goku and Toppo are also there

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:10 pm

This chapter looks great, I'm curious about all the dialogue. I must say that having the Gods fight in the Exhibition Match is very cool, though I was fine with what the anime did.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:12 pm

I just saw the leaks in GojiitaAF facebook, I'm really loving it, seeing the gods in their universes is amazing, and I told everyone beerus isn't stomping everyone,he is just evading & Sidra just tanked his attack with ease & he struggled with Moscow,hell this chapter is just The beginning, next month everyone is going all out,see I told to wait for the full thing to judge it, This fandom never learned their lesson
    Can we please not commit mistake again, now I need to wait for the translation to judge this
    Last edited by The gr on Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    Mostly active on discord.

Chuquita
    Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:14 pm

OLKv3 wrote:
    Chuquita wrote:I liked seeing bits of the other destruction gods' worlds.

It looks like it does. It's the same setup and location so far. The ring is the same too. Goku and Toppo are also there
    I'm torn on this. I'm pretty neutral on the preliminaries. I really liked Buu's battle. Gokû and Gohan's were ok.

I like the idea of seeing Beerus battle his counterparts though. I guess I'll wait for the translation, but right now I think I like both versions equally.
    My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
    ---
    フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

The gr
    I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:16 pm

Did Sidra got eleminated,so if you lose here that mean you're gonna participate to the Top, if that's the case, that is a cool idea & it makes this match essential to the narrative
    Mostly active on discord.

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:38 pm

Wow, this chapter is dialouge heavy. So can't really comment on everything until a translation falls from the sky.

It is neat though to get a look at the day to day lives of the other gods. And this Vermoud is the bastard I wanted him to be. I love it. At least from what we see so far. I figured U9 wouldn't be an important part in all this. They just screamed " Padding characters". Still, I liked them and their fights were pretty damn good. It's a shame they won't be here. Hopefully the action pick up next chapter because I don't care all that much for it here. I know it's only the start of it, but still.
    SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

TheMikado
    I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:45 pm

Soooo thought process... if this is indeed deciding who gets to participate in the tournament will it even be the same universes? Did Toriyama even care how or why universes got excluded in the first place? Did he exclude any to begin with?

Like is the whole AML thing complete BS and that's why we never actually got information on what it actually is???

Kanassa
    Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:57 pm

I'm starting to notice an opposing theme between the two adaptation, at least it kind of feels like it.

In the anime, it's mortals being brought to the level of Gods
    In the manga, it's Gods being brought to the level of Mortals.
    When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
    FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
    - FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

alakazam^
    I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:00 pm

They're fighting to see who's the strongest.

Vermoud says: "It's not like Beers is the only opponent, is it? Only one can be the strongest, this isn't the time to be helping each other."

Namz
    Beyond Newbie

Post by Namz » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:07 pm

alakazam^ wrote:They're fighting to see who's the strongest.

Vermoud says: "It's not like Beers is the only opponent, is it? Only one can be the strongest, this isn't the time to be helping each other."
    Lol of course they all attack Beerus at the same time cause they clearly don't know who's the strongest