"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Hawk9211 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:03 pm

prince212 wrote:Does anybody know the total sales of dbs manga in 2017? I think I saw volume 3 over 300k ... makes me think that is close to 1 million considering all 4 volumes ..
Also , is Toyotarō doing the manga alone or does he have some assistants ?
After doing some digging,yes it is definitely above a million
https://www.narutoforums.org/threads/to ... 7.1120456/
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:20 pm

Hawk9211 wrote:21 is Sunday so it will release early,don't know the exact date.
In general, if it's a Sunday or a holiday, it's moved up to the next earliest date that isn't also a Sunday or a holiday. So for the March issue, it's coming out Saturday, January 20.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:44 pm

I think we will see Gohan's recruitment and a little bit of U6, either Hit recruiting Frost or Caulfila.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:19 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:...and a little bit of U6, either Hit recruiting Frost or Caulifla.
It doesn't make sense for other than Cabba to recruit Caulifla.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:48 pm

Noah wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:...and a little bit of U6, either Hit recruiting Frost or Caulifla.
It doesn't make sense for other than Cabba to recruit Caulifla.
No, I meant we'll either see Hit recruiting Frost or Caulifla's debut.

TKA
Advanced Regular

Post by TKA » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:24 pm

I would be fine with skipping all the other recruitments. The only one that mattered was 17, since this is his reintroduction into the series after we'd last seen him as a character in the Cell Arc. In the Buu arc, he was a 2-line glorified cameo.

[spoiler]
alakazam^ wrote:
What I was getting at is that all I see you post - not in this thread, mind you
Bull.

The last time I posted in a Super-related thread outside of this thread was in October 2017. What I posted were three postsasking about the end of an episode I didn't care to watch.

My only other recent forays outside of this thread was discussing the merits of "S-cells" from a writing perspective.

Further, I have 241 posts over a near-4 year timespan. I don't post anywhere near enough for you to see me around much in other threads.

In essence, you lied. Lying to make a point isn't very becoming.

Let's just cut this short. I don't watch the anime anymore. I don't care what the anime does. I'm sick of seeing people who like the manga getting dogpiled by the same set of users who feel the need to post stuff like:

"Lol Toyo so unimaginative XD"

"Toyo retracing the manga :D"

"Toyo needs to stop copying toriyama"

"Toyo's manga is so boring"

It'd be fine if you made a compelling argument by raising points that can actually be debated, rather than being up personal preference. But shit like the above is tiring to deal with and to see being thrown all over the thread for weeks at a time. This same loop happens again and again, and I feel it's full time the mods stepped in because all this creates is a toxic environment.

And no, I don't mean just coming in and deleting some posts. I mean coming in and establishing rules that if broken means the perpetrator can be reported. One such rule, if I was a mod, would be to stay on freaking topic.[/spoiler]
The Creatives who inspire me: Akira Toriyama, George Lucas, Chris Nolan, J. R. R. Tolkien and Zack Snyder

http://i.imgur.com/XAnj7Yi.jpg

You saw Batman v Superman? Is it the Ultimate Edition? No? Then you haven't seen Batman v Superman. Also, the Snyder Cut is the greatest, non-deconstructionist ensemble comic book film ever made.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:50 pm

Finally got round to reading the last two chapters.

Have to say all the stuff with Belmod and the Pride Troopers was a real treat. I find Belmod a lot more interesting here, I liked him anyway but extra time with him goes a long way, and Pride Troopers are pretty interesting to as in this version they were apparently a very rowdy bunch of individuals. I wonder what made them come together? Toppo I have to say I find less interesting as an individual then his anime counterpart but his interactions with everyone else is nice.

Jiren is the real break out here though and I fully get why people say he's got a superman vibe, if the fly through space, corkscrewing a giant monster through the ground and out of the city was not a big enough give away. What with him seemingly flying all over the universe doing good, have a stick no killing policy (cool shrink ray btw) and the fact that he's not happy about sacrificing others even to save his universe. I also like that even when faced with his hearts desire, his one selfish wish, he makes it clear that if theirs any problems in the very short time he's away he going strait back no matter what.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:09 am

Lord Frieza wrote:Finally got round to reading the last two chapters.

Have to say all the stuff with Belmod and the Pride Troopers was a real treat. I find Belmod a lot more interesting here, I liked him anyway but extra time with him goes a long way, and Pride Troopers are pretty interesting to as in this version they were apparently a very rowdy bunch of individuals. I wonder what made them come together? Toppo I have to say I find less interesting as an individual then his anime counterpart but his interactions with everyone else is nice.

Jiren is the real break out here though and I fully get why people say he's got a superman vibe, if the fly through space, corkscrewing a giant monster through the ground and out of the city was not a big enough give away. What with him seemingly flying all over the universe doing good, have a stick no killing policy (cool shrink ray btw) and the fact that he's not happy about sacrificing others even to save his universe. I also like that even when faced with his hearts desire, his one selfish wish, he makes it clear that if theirs any problems in the very short time he's away he going strait back no matter what.
Why everyone forgets about Superman flying pose?

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:13 am

I'm expecting the U6 Saiyans to make their debut this chapter

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:24 pm

Hawk9211 wrote:

Why everyone forgets about Superman flying pose?
I don't know.....but I did. Hu well that too :thumbup:.

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:40 pm

I always was wondering who is gonna tell him about those problem?

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:45 pm

"Pride Troopers are pretty interesting to as in this version they were apparently a very rowdy bunch of individuals. I wonder what made them come together?"

Yup this is the really cool think about them as they feel like a collection of the independently greatest heroes in the universe. It also wouldn't be a stretch to imagine a few of them as former villains either. It really has a more "Justice League" vibe in terms of the personalities and its cool and fun on its own.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:16 pm

TheMikado wrote:

"Pride Troopers are pretty interesting to as in this version they were apparently a very rowdy bunch of individuals. I wonder what made them come together?"

Yup this is the really cool think about them as they feel like a collection of the independently greatest heroes in the universe. It also wouldn't be a stretch to imagine a few of them as former villains either. It really has a more "Justice League" vibe in terms of the personalities and its cool and fun on its own.
Backstory and character motivations have been the same between anime and manga so far, so I'm assuming the Pride Troopers are the same in the anime. It matches up with how they act during battle, especially Dyspo.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:36 pm

OLKv3 wrote:
TheMikado wrote:

Backstory and character motivations have been the same between anime and manga so far, so I'm assuming the Pride Troopers are the same in the anime. It matches up with how they act during battle, especially Dyspo.
I would not say they are exactly the same.

From what little we see in the anime the Pride Troopers appear to be similar to the Green Lanterns or the Nova Core. They are a body of super powered galactic police / super heroes who monitor different sectors of their universe. The 10 we have seen are the strongest of the lot and they have a number of new recruits whom they are having to pull into active duty to cover for the elites.

In the manga, as TheMikado said, they appear to have been a group of separate powerful individuals who all caused some kind of commotion one way or another by themselves but have come together to form a powerful team that fights evil, ala Justice League / Avengers.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:31 am

OLKv3 wrote:
TheMikado wrote:

If this was true, people wouldn't say Jiren is better in the manga than the anime.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:19 am

Totamo wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:
TheMikado wrote:

If this was true, people wouldn't say Jiren is better in the manga than the anime.
Or manga black is worse.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:42 am

Hawk9211 wrote:
Totamo wrote:
OLKv3 wrote: Backstory and character motivations have been the same between anime and manga so far, so I'm assuming the Pride Troopers are the same in the anime. It matches up with how they act during battle, especially Dyspo.
Or manga black is worse.
Yup, manga black literally feels like Zamasu in Gokus body which I assume is what they were going for. Anime Black is much more charismatic. I really wish the anime and manga were more of a collaborative effort. Together I feel like Super could have been on par or closer to Z. The potential in is just unreal.

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:58 pm

Totamo wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:
TheMikado wrote:

People say this because Jiren actually given hint of a personality in the manga, while he was Intially displayed as nothing more then a living obstacle in the anime version. Only now in the anime after months, Jiren is starting to slowly show signs of a character besides just being a power house.
Yet OLKv3 isn't wrong, the differences between both seem to be minor at best, and the backstories and motivations are incredibly similar as well. Claiming otherwise is ignorant and delusional.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:47 pm

Ilikepictures-meh wrote:
Totamo wrote:
OLKv3 wrote: Backstory and character motivations have been the same between anime and manga so far, so I'm assuming the Pride Troopers are the same in the anime. It matches up with how they act during battle, especially Dyspo.
People say this because Jiren actually given hint of a personality in the manga, while he was Intially displayed as nothing more then a living obstacle in the anime version. Only now in the anime after months, Jiren is starting to slowly show signs of a character besides just being a power house.
Yet OLKv3 isn't wrong, the differences between both seem to be minor at best, and the backstories and motivations are incredibly similar as well. Claiming otherwise is ignorant and delusional.
Then why is there did Toei screw up Jiren poll if the differences were minor and that was after episode 121 and it isn't just Jiren. The gods themselves are written differently.

Also calling someone ignorant and delusional for having a different opinion than you is downright asinine.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:07 pm

Hawk9211 wrote:
Totamo wrote:
Or manga black is worse.
...Neither of that has to do with backstory and character motivations at all, it has to do with personality. Both characters you mentioned have the same motivations and source backstory as their manga counterparts. Hit was the same as well. Their personalities change but the their backstories and motivations stayed the same.
I wonder why I even bother sometimes..