"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TobyS
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by TobyS » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:45 am

When's it out this month?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:47 am

TobyS wrote:When's it out this month?
Sunday the 21st so we should get something within the next 2-3 days.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:05 am

VegettoEX wrote:In general, if it's a Sunday or a holiday, it's moved up to the next earliest date that isn't also a Sunday or a holiday. So for the March issue, it's coming out Saturday, January 20.
I feel like VegettoEX should create a huge billboard with this by now. :lol: I lost the count how many times he answered this.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:06 am

sintzu wrote:
We got it nearly a week earlier last time.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:19 am

Grimlock wrote:I feel like VegettoEX should create a huge billboard with this by now. :lol: I lost the count how many times he answered this.
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeep. So here's this month's billboard again:
VegettoEX wrote:The Dragon Ball Super manga is serialized in Shueisha's V-Jump magazine in Japan, which is a monthly publication. It is released on the 21st of each month, barring a Sunday or a holiday, in which case it gets moved up slightly. For example, January 21 is a Sunday this year, so the March 2018 issue of V-Jump (and therefore chapter 32 of the Dragon Ball Super manga) will actually be available on the 20th. The only time they break this very predictable schedule is generally in the case of attempting to coincide with Jump Festa in December; you'll note that chapter 31 actually came out on the 16th last month, which was this line-up in action.

We also put up a news post here on Kanzenshuu each and every time a new chapter is available; see our post for chapter 31. We also maintain a complete list of every chapter here on the website (though I'm behind on summaries right now!).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:23 am

Totamo wrote:
Miracles wrote:
Totamo wrote: Uh, zamasu had to meet goku in the anime before he became black, he never met Goku in the manga so how is that the same.
Zamasu could of met Goku OR heard about him and he still would of became Black.
What got Zamasu's attention in both anime and manga was that Goku had power surpassing gods.
The backstories are the same for both.
No, in the manga, it was because Goku had a form that was on par with the gods.

In the anime, it was because Goku humiliated him and if Goku had never met him, Black would not exist in the anime. Goku wouldn't even go to zamasu if Black didn't come to the past, its a time paradox.
I thought it was the case that in the string of events where Trunks didn't appear, Zamasu still saw the video of Goku and went to challenge Goku himself, got humiliated like what would happen in the main timeline and then Black happened.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:54 am

Kanassa wrote: I thought it was the case that in the string of events where Trunks didn't appear, Zamasu still saw the video of Goku and went to challenge Goku himself, got humiliated like what would happen in the main timeline and then Black happened.
The anime made it clear that Goku and Zamasu met under the same conditions. When Black was telling them about how he met Goku we saw a flashback of 53. There was no different fight on Earth or something, which really wouldn't make much sense anyway. And before someone says 'Toei was too lazy to make a different scene', they had no problem drawing a different version of how Gowasu died compared to how events happened in 59.

It's a paradox. Black created his own existence through a stable time loop.
Last edited by HeroR on Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:09 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Yeeeeeeeeeeeeep. So here's this month's billboard again
Do people here usually read the opening post? If so, probably putting it there might reduce the frequency of this much-asked question every single month.

Anyways, I admire your patience. :thumbup:
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:31 pm

mute_proxy wrote:
sintzu wrote:
We got it nearly a week earlier last time.
That's just because of the holiday. It's back to normal now. We'll get leaks tomorrow or Wednesday, and the full chapter in English on the 21st

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:07 pm

Totamo wrote:
Miracles wrote:
Totamo wrote: Uh, zamasu had to meet goku in the anime before he became black, he never met Goku in the manga so how is that the same.
Zamasu could of met Goku OR heard about him and he still would of became Black.
What got Zamasu's attention in both anime and manga was that Goku had power surpassing gods.
The backstories are the same for both.
No, in the manga, it was because Goku had a form that was on par with the gods.

In the anime, it was because Goku humiliated him and if Goku had never met him, Black would not exist in the anime. Goku wouldn't even go to zamasu if Black didn't come to the past, its a time paradox.
In episode 57, Zamasu didn't want to take Goku's body until he saw Goku "clad in god ki" and learned of the Dragonballs.
This is the same plot line that happened in the manga for the idea of Goku Black to come to fruition.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:33 pm

When you say the issue comes out on the 21st, you mean the Viz translation, right?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Namz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Namz » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:54 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:When you say the issue comes out on the 21st, you mean the Viz translation, right?
No, I think they mean the actual chapter in the jump magazine

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:02 pm

Namz wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:When you say the issue comes out on the 21st, you mean the Viz translation, right?
But we usually get leaks on either the 16th (which is tomorrow) or the 17th. The only exception was last month when we got leaks on the 12th, i think, so that way they could get ready for Jump Festa.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:08 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:
Namz wrote:
But we usually get leaks on either the 16th (which is tomorrow) or the 17th. The only exception was last month when we got leaks on the 12th, i think, so that way they could get ready for Jump Festa.
The leaks always come early but the actual street date for V-jump is the 21st.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:48 pm

We get the Viz translation on the same day Japan gets the actual chapter. It just usually gets leaked before street date.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:45 am

All right, it's the 16th, so that chapter should leak any minute now. *waits impatiently* *clock ticks*

(1 hour later)

Any minute now.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:55 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:All right, it's the 16th, so that chapter should leak any minute now. *waits impatiently* *clock ticks*

(1 hour later)

Any minute now.
The leaks usually haooen 2 days before release so try Wednesday or Thursday

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:51 am

Let's please not focus on "leaks". These are stolen magazines with various degrees of crime organizations behind them, with a setup providing materials early to others that enter into monetary (or other social-currency) agreements with these groups.

As has been pointed out several times over, the magazine (and therefore Viz's official simultaneous release) comes out on Saturday, January 20 this month. Obviously people will get issues early either through these crime organizations or legitimate early sales from mom-and-pop shops in Japan, and we will not clamp down on legitimate conversations about facts and items that actually exist... but let's please try to have a conversation about the material, and not endless back-and-forths predicting illegal leaks.

Further comments on the matter will be removed.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:42 pm

I'm assuming we are gonna get some exposition on the U6 Saiyans. Let's see if Toyotaro can steam up the fandom some more and regurgitate the back tingling. Maybe some Gohan close up.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:54 pm

Miracles wrote:I'm assuming we are gonna get some exposition on the U6 Saiyans. Let's see if Toyotaro can steam up the fandom some more and regurgitate the back tingling. Maybe some Gohan close up.
I'm fairly confident it will be in, it has Mr.Toriyama written all over it. To help the cause it fits with his recent explanation about Super Saiyan.