"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Hawk9211 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:06 am

OLKv3 wrote:
prince212 wrote:Any idea about when we’ll know if there’s dragon ball super manga after T.O.P ? I heard that Toyotarou said he can’t say anything .. he posted weeks ago some raw drawing about new angels ... hopefully that means something after T.O.P
No idea but it's not likely.
I think if manga goes for 12 or more chapters then it is possible.We might even get the next anime or continuation of super till that time and toriyama must surely have thought of something till then.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:40 am

The manga probably will end in November
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:06 am

Well on the bright side, we get to see a different take on the ToP.

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:19 pm

Noah wrote:The manga probably will end in November
Could be, but wouldn't be sure about it. They just wrapped the 6th volume. If Toyotaro is not rushed I am sure the next 8 chapters will cover the rest of the TOP arc, which would mean the manga would have 8 volumes. Going into November would probably mean that Toyotaro is going forward with the story, unless TOP is really gonna be a long story.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:04 pm

IM21 wrote:
Noah wrote:The manga probably will end in November
Could be, but wouldn't be sure about it. They just wrapped the 6th volume. If Toyotaro is not rushed I am sure the next 8 chapters will cover the rest of the TOP arc, which would mean the manga would have 8 volumes. Going into November would probably mean that Toyotaro is going forward with the story, unless TOP is really gonna be a long story.
Nah if Toyotarō is not rushed we’ll have way more than 8 chapters remaining ( that mean 10 eliminations per chapter ) , in the next chapter we’ll see some clues just by observing the pace of the introduction to characters and fights.
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:20 pm

prince212 wrote: Nah if Toyotarō is not rushed we’ll have way more than 8 chapters remaining ( that mean 10 eliminations per chapter ) , in the next chapter we’ll see some clues just by observing the pace of the introduction to characters and fights.
I do hope you're right... but yea, we'll see soon if he's rushed or not.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:44 pm

IM21 wrote:We'll see in the next chapter how things go with the manga. If the whole chapter will focus mostly on other universes and they'll start the tournament at around page 30, we can say it will be a slow paced chapter and that we can expect at least 8 chapters of TOP. If Krillin or another Z fighter gets eliminated in the next chapter, I say the manga will finish in May.
I wouldn't mind if the TOP kicked off next chapter with eliminations. Lets make this a high paced battle royale that actually feels like 48 minutes!

Zeru14
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zeru14 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:18 pm

I'm starting to wonder if Caulifia and Cabba going SSJ2 was in Toriyama's outline, or if that's a anime-only thing, that TOEI writers put in just for fanservice.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:27 pm

Zeru14 wrote:I'm starting to wonder if Caulifia and Cabba going SSJ2 was in Toriyama's outline, or if that's a anime-only thing, that TOEI writers put in just for fanservice.
Well, we could say it's a Toei thing, but that's not bad, I enjoy the love they're giving to SSJ2 transformation considering how was ignored back then (GT and some portions of the Boo arc)
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:32 pm

Zeru14 wrote:I'm starting to wonder if Caulifia and Cabba going SSJ2 was in Toriyama's outline, or if that's a anime-only thing, that TOEI writers put in just for fanservice.
Wouldn't surprise me if they don't reach SSJ2 forms cause Toyotaro powers are more grounded than in the anime. Kale's Broly form could also be just an anime thing.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:43 pm

I definitely think Cabba's SS2 is Toei-only, but Caulifla's transformation feels too big of a plot point to be a Toei thing.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:08 pm

Quick comments about the chapter. I loved it, good characterizations, well paced and distinguished enough.

My only problem worth mentioning is the lack of Gohan, not because I think he needed x amount of focus but because Toyotarõ made me expect it by ending the previous chapter in that cliffhanger; not cool.

Lastly the comments about Goku "insulting Kuririn" makes me wonder if people actually watched/read Dragon Ball or if all they know is sparse clips and abridged. Because this is one of the more obvious Goku traits on display, it's a classic gag sequence I wouldn't be surprised if Toyotarõ was inspired by a similar scene from the manga since I vaguely remember Goku "begging" like that.

Namz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Namz » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:30 pm

Well, a little late but I just read the proper translation of the last chapter. Vegeta is sure Goku didn't use his full strength against Toppo. And Goku says he's right.

That means they both know there's something beyond Mastered SSB. I would totally love that Goku knows how to use Ultra Instict, instead of learning it at the middle of the tournament like fuck logic.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:41 pm

Namz wrote:Well, a little late but I just read the proper translation of the last chapter. Vegeta is sure Goku didn't use his full strength against Toppo. And Goku says he's right.

That means they both know there's something beyond Mastered SSB. I would totally love that Goku knows how to use Ultra Instict, instead of learning it at the middle of the tournament like fuck logic.
Well Goku saw Beerus use it during the exhibition match and Whis talks about it(although he doesn't name it) in some panels in the first chapter of the arc while training Vegeta.

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:43 pm

I am 100 percent sure that Caulifa and Cabba are going SSJ2 in the manga as well. No reason they shouldn't/couldn't. Cabba has long mastered his SSJ form, and Caulifa is already shown to have the normal SSJ form in the bag as she claims it was easy transforming. Toei wouldn't just add another form like that. I don't even think they have the permission/power to do that.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:53 pm

superfan2024 wrote:I am 100 percent sure that Caulifa and Cabba are going SSJ2 in the manga as well. No reason they shouldn't/couldn't. Cabba has long mastered his SSJ form, and Caulifa is already shown to have the normal SSJ form in the bag as she claims it was easy transforming. Toei wouldn't just add another form like that. I don't even think they have the permission/power to do that.
Have you seen the anime? That's like their thing: Blue Kaioken, Rage Trunks, Deformed Zamasu, probably Vegeta's latest one.

I agree with Doctor. Cabba's transformation was extremely similar to his SSJ transformation and didn't serve much of a purpose. Don't know about Caulifla, she's a crazy prodigy so it isn't that far-fetched and serve to power up Kefla.
Last edited by LightBing on Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:54 pm

IM21 wrote:
Wouldn't surprise me if they don't reach SSJ2 forms cause Toyotaro powers are more grounded than in the anime. Kale's Broly form could also be just an anime thing.
Why? Toriyama created Broly's design and his legendary form, and Toyotaro is also a Broly fan, her legendary form will be in the manga 100%.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:04 pm

LightBing wrote:Quick comments about the chapter. I loved it, good characterizations, well paced and distinguished enough.

My only problem worth mentioning is the lack of Gohan, not because I think he needed x amount of focus but because Toyotarõ made me expect it by ending the previous chapter in that cliffhanger; not cool.

Lastly the comments about Goku "insulting Kuririn" makes me wonder if people actually watched/read Dragon Ball or if all they know is sparse clips and abridged. Because this is one of the more obvious Goku traits on display, it's a classic gag sequence I wouldn't be surprised if Toyotarõ was inspired by a similar scene from the manga since I vaguely remember Goku "begging" like that.
Yeap kuririn gag was something kinda normal in early dragon ball , To the sentence you are small , you run fast I’d add you are bald and your wife is cute ....
And now that you mention the cliffhanger in chapter 31 with Gohan training ... that made us guess he had a time to train , he had at least the honors to be at the end of a chapter :crazy: .....although I’m missing a couple of pages of his training too in this chapter 32 ... but it should be hard to accomplish all the needings of the pre- tournament in 6 chapters that he took , that was over 30 tv episodes ( not sure )

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:09 pm

BrolyKale wrote:
IM21 wrote:
Why? Toriyama created Broly's design and his legendary form, and Toyotaro is also a Broly fan, her legendary form will be in the manga 100%.
Yes Brolys kale has to be in the manga , and I’d be happy if at that moment kale kick out of the ring 10+ participants of the tournament

Zeru14
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zeru14 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:10 am

I think most people want the other teams and fighters getting ring outs besides universe 7.