"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ToshioWrites » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:43 pm

Do you guys think the following will show up in the ToP chapters?

UI Omen?

Toppo transforming?

Anilaza?

Also do you guys think there is a chance kaioken comes into play or will it just be CSSB for Goku and Vegeta until Goku goes UI?

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:45 pm

I feel Omen will make an appearance, but without all the flashy stuff. I think the manga will use Toriyama's design for UI in the first place and instead of Omen, Goku will start showing traits that he's getting there, probably at the half way point of the Tournament. An impossible dodge here, a surprise attack there... Even he won't realize what's happening. That kinda stuff.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:10 pm

ToshioWrites wrote:Do you guys think the following will show up in the ToP chapters?

UI Omen?

Toppo transforming?

Anilaza?

Also do you guys think there is a chance kaioken comes into play or will it just be CSSB for Goku and Vegeta until Goku goes UI?
Did we saw Mr. Toriyama's design for the unmastered Ultra Instinct? If we didn't I'm betting it's from Toei and all the UI we'll get in the manga is Omen.

I'm saying Toppo's transformation won't appear. The idea is silly deciding to become an Hakaishin isn't a transformation seems like typical hype builder just because. I hope this isn't in; just non-nonsensical.

Fifty-fifty for Anilaza, I totally see the idea come from Mr. Toriyama and it's a good way to create a powerful opponent in a somewhat logic way.

Kaioken wouldn't bring nothing to the table besides mess up the power-scale. I'm confident Toyotarõ will stay clear, Mastered SSB is still the new hot thing in the manga. I expect to see it getting some mileage in the tournament.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:11 pm

ToshioWrites wrote:Do you guys think the following will show up in the ToP chapters?

UI Omen?

Toppo transforming?

Anilaza?

UI Sign - I'm not sure, to be honest, but I'm leaning towards no. It seems excessive in a way. Also I seem to recall there not being a Toriyama design for it.
Transformed Toppo - No. I don't think Toyotaro needs to give Toppo a buff form after his showing against Goku. He should be fine without it.
Anilaza - Yes. At the very least, Koichiarator will show, but I think full-on Anilaza will too.
Kaioken - No, I think the mastered Blue form will be the top form until UI appears.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:47 pm

UI Omen?

Toppo transforming?

Anilaza?

UI Omen- i doubt it, we will proly see UI once and that will be in the final fight vs Jiren.

Toppo GoD form- nope, pure Toei 100%, same as Vegeta's form. In the manga i am 100% sure it will be Mastered blue Vegeta vs Toppo and Vegeta beats him.

Anilaza - can see happening tho idk tbh.

And no kk, will just be mastered blue Vegeta n Goku vs Jiren, with Jiren stomping them and 17 blows himself up to protect them or trying to stop Jiren.

I've enjoyed the changes Toyotaru did in the manga in regards to power scaling, but i absolutely like GoD Toppo n vegeta's new form and incomplete UI. So will be sad when those forms dont appear in the manga.

ConfusedPhantom
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ConfusedPhantom » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:24 pm

UI Omen?

Toppo transforming?

Anilaza?

Probably not. They'll probably just skip to the white haired Ultra Instinct form. Maybe they'll have a more organic way of Goku getting it than being blasted by the Genki Dama?

Toppo transforming. This one's probably a Toei thing. Same with Vegeta's new form. Though, who knows? Maybe he'll add it in.

Anilaza. I could see it happening.

No Kaioken. The manga never used it. So they'll probably have Goku and Vegeta climb up each form till Mastered Super Saiyan Blue.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:35 pm

The manga is looking much worse, IMO. Seems like all the random fights will be gone or brushed over. Willing to bet we see Krillin, Piccolo and Tien do even less here than the anime...

I'm also willing to bet Gohan and Roshi won't get as much focus as they did in the anime.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:48 pm

precita wrote:Willing to bet we see Krillin, Piccolo and Tien do even less here than the anime... I'm also willing to bet Gohan and Roshi won't get as much focus as they did in the anime.
Don't be so pessimist, I'm actually willing to bet that Toyotaro will do a good work.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:23 am

precita wrote:The manga is looking much worse, IMO. Seems like all the random fights will be gone or brushed over. Willing to bet we see Krillin, Piccolo and Tien do even less here than the anime...

I'm also willing to bet Gohan and Roshi won't get as much focus as they did in the anime.
Thats what people wanted. get rid of the fodder and focus on the big fights.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:50 am

Totamo wrote:
precita wrote:The manga is looking much worse, IMO. Seems like all the random fights will be gone or brushed over. Willing to bet we see Krillin, Piccolo and Tien do even less here than the anime...

Or just focus on a smaller group of people that you can reasonably establish as characters instead of 70 generic assholes and two dimensional parodies.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:42 am

Hawk9211 wrote:
Totamo wrote:

Or just focus on a smaller group of people that you can reasonably establish as characters instead of 70 generic assholes and two dimensional parodies.
this guy gets it.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:43 am

Hawk9211 wrote:
Totamo wrote:

Thats the same thing I just said.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:39 am

Looks like next chapter trio de dangers will appear based on toyotaros Twitter telling he’s workin on that
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:48 pm

prince212 wrote:Looks like next chapter trio de dangers will appear based on toyotaros Twitter telling he’s workin on that
He also mentioned a song a called "MAN WITH A MISSION".I wonder who will they fight,I don't think Goku will be involved since he is uninterested on the weakling and only care for Jiren.It could be Vegeta, the earthlings,U6 or U7 or something unexpected.
Mostly active on discord.

Green
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Green » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:49 pm

The gr wrote:
prince212 wrote:Looks like next chapter trio de dangers will appear based on toyotaros Twitter telling he’s workin on that
He also mentioned a song a called "MAN WITH A MISSION".I wonder who will they fight,I don't think Goku will be involved since he is uninterested on the weakling and only care for Jiren.It could be Vegeta, the earthlings,U6 or U7 or something unexpected.
Not a song, it's a japanese rock group. They did Inuyashiki's OP recently.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:59 pm

Green wrote: Not a song, it's a japanese rock group. They did Inuyashiki's OP recently.
Ohh it's a band with 5 people wearing wolf mask,now I see why he reference the Trio De dangers with it.
    I'm thinking that Bergamo and Lavender won't have poison or absorbing attacks instead they will be like Basil, Bergamo ki fist similar to Jiren and Lavender uhh fang ki :? .
    Mostly active on discord.

Draconic
    I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:35 pm

The gr wrote:
    Green wrote: Not a song, it's a japanese rock group. They did Inuyashiki's OP recently.
    Ohh it's a band with 5 people wearing wolf mask,now I see why he reference the Trio De dangers with it.
      I'm thinking that Bergamo and Lavender won't have poison or absorbing attacks instead they will be like Basil, Bergamo ki fist similar to Jiren and Lavender uhh fang ki :? .
      I don't think their nicknames, Kicker Basil, Venomous Lavender and Crusher Bergamo, are something Toei came up with. They'll probably fight mostly the same as the anime.
      Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

CriticalThinker
      Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:10 pm

Sorry to sound rantish but I was just thinking about the treatment of Toppo in the anime, particularly this arc, and it really annoys me. Like the dude was the other second strongest second fiddle in the tournament and yet for a majority of it the dude did absolutely nothing. I swear all he did was stand around for some reason and unless I missed it, I'm pretty sure he never stated it was because he was saving up stamina. Which not like it would have mattered any ways since Vegeta who had been fighting for longer beat him. Another thing is that whenever he did do something it basically amounted to nothing because for some reason he wasn't allowed to knock out some random fodder. Seriously the most prominent thing he did before the finale was fighting Vegeta but that was barely focused on. And while I loved 125 the episode was completely undermined by 126 and 127. Just like man they really did Toppo dirty in this tournament, again sorry for the long rant.

As petty and dumb as this sounds I'll probably like the manga version far more if Toppo is more of an active player in this version, which from the looks of it he will.

prince212
      OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:54 pm

CriticalThinker wrote:Sorry to sound rantish but I was just thinking about the treatment of Toppo in the anime, particularly this arc, and it really annoys me. Like the dude was the other second strongest second fiddle in the tournament and yet for a majority of it the dude did absolutely nothing. I swear all he did was stand around for some reason and unless I missed it, I'm pretty sure he never stated it was because he was saving up stamina. Which not like it would have mattered any ways since Vegeta who had been fighting for longer beat him. Another thing is that whenever he did do something it basically amounted to nothing because for some reason he wasn't allowed to knock out some random fodder. Seriously the most prominent thing he did before the finale was fighting Vegeta but that was barely focused on. And while I loved 125 the episode was completely undermined by 126 and 127. Just like man they really did Toppo dirty in this tournament, again sorry for the long rant.

As petty and dumb as this sounds I'll probably like the manga version far more if Toppo is more of an active player in this version, which from the looks of it he will.
      Agree with that. I’ll be nice if manga Portrait more eliminations by other universes not being u7 , anime made u7 responsible of 2/3 of the eliminations, so yes , I want Toppo , Jiren and mOre guys from different universes to kick asses as well . But as far as the first chapter of the tournament went .... 100% of eliminations were caused by u7 , I guess we are the focus no matter what ... just a little bit more from other universes will be great to create a more realistic battle royal
      It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

CriticalThinker
      Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:06 pm

prince212 wrote:
      CriticalThinker wrote:Sorry to sound rantish but I was just thinking about the treatment of Toppo in the anime, particularly this arc, and it really annoys me. Like the dude was the other second strongest second fiddle in the tournament and yet for a majority of it the dude did absolutely nothing. I swear all he did was stand around for some reason and unless I missed it, I'm pretty sure he never stated it was because he was saving up stamina. Which not like it would have mattered any ways since Vegeta who had been fighting for longer beat him. Another thing is that whenever he did do something it basically amounted to nothing because for some reason he wasn't allowed to knock out some random fodder. Seriously the most prominent thing he did before the finale was fighting Vegeta but that was barely focused on. And while I loved 125 the episode was completely undermined by 126 and 127. Just like man they really did Toppo dirty in this tournament, again sorry for the long rant.

Agree with that. I’ll be nice if manga Portrait more eliminations by other universes not being u7 , anime made u7 responsible of 2/3 of the eliminations, so yes , I want Toppo , Jiren and mOre guys from different universes to kick asses as well . But as far as the first chapter of the tournament went .... 100% of eliminations were caused by u7 , I guess we are the focus no matter what ... just a little bit more from other universes will be great to create a more realistic battle royal
      That was another thing that annoyed me, I mean I understand that U7 is the main universe but like damn pretty sure ya could have spared some eliminations to those other poor universes! I still expect U7 to be in the lead in the manga version but if they at the very least give other universes some more eliminations I'll be fine with it. Though if the next chapter is just U7 knocking everyone out still I'll be a tad worried.