"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Rakurai » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:53 am

ankokudaishogun wrote:
Rakurai wrote:What doesn't make any sense is how SSB is supposed to have perfect ki control when it's just SSJ stacked on top of SSG, neither of which apparently have that to the degree where he can stack KK on top of those.
Most likely Goku could just as well use Kaiohken with God.
Super Saiyan is bursting one's ki. God Ki is probably "stable" enough even after being detonated in Blue that it's possible to detonate it again with Kaiohken.

If we mix up with the manga explanation of Blue, Goku basically uses Kaiohken to artificially replicate the Ki burst at the begin of the transformation, and keeping it going.
Perhaps, but all we are only led to believe in the anime is that only SSB can do it because of perfect ki control. Which incidentally has never been attributed to SSG.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:03 am

Xeztin wrote:Did anyone translate Toyotaro’s latest tweet? Its the longest post he has posted along with a drawing of Xeno Goku?
It's nothing important.

"In addition to radiko and Netflix and Amazon and so on, if the television is also full record, there are not many customs to watch in real time. So I do not even know what day I want your favorite programs. But when the program name includes a day of the week, I notice the broadcast time and it is seen. I am saved. ↓ Son Goku Xeno unrelated to the context"
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:29 am

Rakurai wrote: Perhaps, but all we are only led to believe in the anime is that only SSB can do it because of perfect ki control. Which incidentally has never been attributed to SSG.
God ki is a product of ki control. That's what Whis was teaching Goku and Vegeta during the interlude between BoG and RoF. Vegeta makes that connection when they're forced to use the seal-and-increase technique to move inside Whis' staff. There's not much point using Kaioken with SSG since up til now it's been used to save stamina vs SSB. If you're going to throw in the strain of Kaioken you might as well use Blue. It's also possible that Blue is simply a bigger power boost than KaiokenSSG would be.

If I recall, the Elder Kai indicated it was possible to use Kaioken with Super Saiyan but it would be suicidal to do so because the strains of both would stack, but that doesn't happen with SSB because it works differently from the normal form. Goku says it's a combination of a strength, a calm mind and proper ki control (or something to that effect) and that if he'd slipped up when attempting the Kaioken his ki would have run out of control to disastrous effect. The stress of that first time still messed him up for a while.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:09 pm

Anyone know when the next chapter is?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:12 pm

TobyS wrote:Anyone know when the next chapter is?
On the 21st as usual. Leaks are due any day now, though.
General reminder to everyone: Don't judge the chapter by incomplete leaks. This thread tends to get locked for a reason.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

TKA
Advanced Regular

Post by TKA » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:37 pm

TobyS wrote:Anyone know when the next chapter is?
For future reference, it is always out on the 21st.
The Creatives who inspire me: Akira Toriyama, George Lucas, Chris Nolan, J. R. R. Tolkien and Zack Snyder

http://i.imgur.com/XAnj7Yi.jpg

You saw Batman v Superman? Is it the Ultimate Edition? No? Then you haven't seen Batman v Superman. Also, the Snyder Cut is the greatest, non-deconstructionist ensemble comic book film ever made.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:43 pm

Alruneia wrote:This thread tends to get locked for a reason.
The leaks get talked about in other topics so locking it doesn't help.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:01 pm

sintzu wrote:
True. Mods should leave this thread open to confine discussion in one area.
Besides wasn't closing the thread around the time of leaks just a trial run?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:26 pm

Miracles wrote:Wasn't closing the thread around the time of leaks just a trial run?
Yes, and it's been a complete failure, especially when they tried it with the movie's topic. When news of Broly being the villain leaked every topic, even the fan fiction one was all about Broly so if anything closing topics does more harm than good.

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:36 pm

Hopefully the next volume has an interview with Toriyama and Toyotaro.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:59 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:Hopefully the next volume has an interview with Toriyama and Toyotaro.
Don't most of the volumes have one?

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:12 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
RecolorSaiyan wrote:Hopefully the next volume has an interview with Toriyama and Toyotaro.
Don't most of the volumes have one?
I think we just had 2 tori-toyo talks out of 7 volumes . Next volume should be December -January.
I’d like some news before that regarding if this manga will have a future not attached to anime-movie retelling with some differences.
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:08 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Rakurai wrote: Perhaps, but all we are only led to believe in the anime is that only SSB can do it because of perfect ki control. Which incidentally has never been attributed to SSG.
God ki is a product of ki control. That's what Whis was teaching Goku and Vegeta during the interlude between BoG and RoF. Vegeta makes that connection when they're forced to use the seal-and-increase technique to move inside Whis' staff. There's not much point using Kaioken with SSG since up til now it's been used to save stamina vs SSB. If you're going to throw in the strain of Kaioken you might as well use Blue. It's also possible that Blue is simply a bigger power boost than KaiokenSSG would be.

If I recall, the Elder Kai indicated it was possible to use Kaioken with Super Saiyan but it would be suicidal to do so because the strains of both would stack, but that doesn't happen with SSB because it works differently from the normal form. Goku says it's a combination of a strength, a calm mind and proper ki control (or something to that effect) and that if he'd slipped up when attempting the Kaioken his ki would have run out of control to disastrous effect. The stress of that first time still messed him up for a while.
I forgot that their god ki training involved containing their ki within. True, SSG-KK wouldn't be as effective as SSB-KK.

I don't think Elder Kai ever mentioned it to that effect. Incidentally, this effectively retcons the benefits of FPSSJ, which is supposed to have no strain at all. FPSSJ effectively works to eliminate the strain of using SSJ while at the same time getting rid of the ferocious and restless feeling associated with it. One then wonders why KK couldn't be used in the same state either.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

TKA
Advanced Regular

Post by TKA » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:04 am

Miracles wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Locking this thread is good and should be continued going forward. There is absolutely nothing productive gained from talking about the leaks. It's literally just noise pollution.
The Creatives who inspire me: Akira Toriyama, George Lucas, Chris Nolan, J. R. R. Tolkien and Zack Snyder

http://i.imgur.com/XAnj7Yi.jpg

You saw Batman v Superman? Is it the Ultimate Edition? No? Then you haven't seen Batman v Superman. Also, the Snyder Cut is the greatest, non-deconstructionist ensemble comic book film ever made.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:20 am

TKA wrote:
Miracles wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Locking this thread is good and should be continued going forward. There is absolutely nothing productive gained from talking about the leaks. It's literally just noise pollution.
Then don't talk about the leaks and stay off the thread until the chapter is out.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:52 am

TKA wrote:
Miracles wrote:
sintzu wrote:
The only issue is that it spills into other threads, spreading the overreactions and derailing other topics. It's not a great solution, but I kind of like a speculation thread that would hopefully contain it.

After the last chapter it doesn't seem feasible to prevent it spilling into other threads
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:31 am

I hope everyone behaves well enough that they don't lock us out lol...

I'm like that chapelle meme “y'all got any more of them leaks?”
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:24 am

Rakurai wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:

I forgot that their god ki training involved containing their ki within. True, SSG-KK wouldn't be as effective as SSB-KK.

I don't think Elder Kai ever mentioned it to that effect. Incidentally, this effectively retcons the benefits of FPSSJ, which is supposed to have no strain at all. FPSSJ effectively works to eliminate the strain of using SSJ while at the same time getting rid of the ferocious and restless feeling associated with it. One then wonders why KK couldn't be used in the same state either.
I'll check the episode when I'm back home to see what exactly was said in that scene. It's been a while since I've seen the subbed one and I might be mixing up some details. My overall takeaway from the scene was that it was a combination of factors and some kind of fundamental difference in the mechanics of SSB and the way it stresses the body vs the normal Super Saiyan form that makes the combination possible.

I don't think they retconned Mastered Super Saiyan since SSB is also said to drain stamina (I think it's from the difficulty of ki-sealing) and the concept was more or less re-used wholesale for True Golden Frieza.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:21 pm

Vegeta vs Toppo and #17 vs Dyspo will probably get the Gohan vs Kefla treatment. Maybe the first wont be so since we've seen already quite a bit of their fight sprinkled in various chapters, so all we need is it's conclusion. Which can be done in 1x pages.

Regarding the locking of the thread, I'm against it unless the thread spirals out of control with a big enough number of people ignoring warnings. Locking it every month is akin to your teacher screwing everyone over because one kid misbehaved.
If people aren't posting links and making judgments out of leaks, it's fine. Speculation is acceptable, if it wasn't then the movie thread would have to be locked until the movie was released.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:44 pm

Here's hoping to seeing MUI by end of this chapter :)