"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Marlowe89 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:14 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:https://twitter.com/KenXyro/status/1063428761444470790 So the next arc might be a "manga original" arc? :?:
Totally called it if that's really the case, and I hope so. I don't think it's in Toyotaro's best interest to cover Broly if Toriyama himself wrote the story in its near-entirety. Hopefully it gets a passing mention though.
PFM18 wrote: Well even Vegeta's new aura probably isn't even anything more than just an aura flaring up briefly rather than a new form entirely.
You're right that it's not a new form (Beerus even insinuates that it's just SSB with a different aura) but that doesn't exactly mean that the associated boost/aura is temporary; both Vegeta and Whis mention that the state represents an evolution of his power.

Would that render the "completed" Super Saiyan Blue obsolete? Well... yeah, it probably would. I wasn't a fan of it either, and as I've said previously, I think its inclusion is unnecessary in a manga that was already very specific about Blue's mechanics.

Still, I'd be lying if I said it wasn't uncannily similar to the aura shown in the film.
Last edited by Marlowe89 on Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:18 am

Marlowe89 wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:https://twitter.com/KenXyro/status/1063428761444470790 So the next arc might be a "manga original" arc? :?:
Totally called it if that's really the case, and I hope so. I don't think it's in Toyotaro's best interest to cover Broly if Toriyama himself wrote the story in its near-entirety. Hopefully it gets a passing mention though.
This sounds exciting. I wonder if the upcoming novel by Toriyama will give us more insight into this new arc. Toyotaro did say a long time ago in an interview that in the future, he'd be ahead of the anime rather than the way it is now:
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:20 am

Oof, I hope this means the comic doesn't skip over the Broli arc like it did the Golden Freeza arc. Maybe this one will take place before the Broli arc?
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:33 am

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/1063450872426811392

According to Herms, this new story takes place after the Broly movie. So I suppose this is kind of a continuation, despite being said as an '' original story ''? I believe it is possible that this story has supervision of Toriyama, after all will continue the events of the film

Maybe the anime also follows this story

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:36 am

If the story arc starting next chapter is supposed to be the new story from Toriyama post-Broly I think I'll pass and wait for the anime to catch up. If it's Toyotaro's own little thing I might check out the manga again, just to give him one more chance and see if with some more freedom he can finally put out something worthwhile.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:49 am

JulieYBM wrote:Oof, I hope this means the comic doesn't skip over the Broli arc like it did the Golden Freeza arc. Maybe this one will take place before the Broli arc?
I think that's what the implications of this are. Toyotaro will probably skip over the Broly story and maybe briefly summarize it at some point or something along those lines. (Similar to what he did with RoF) I don't know how else he could have something post-Broly this soon.

I really don't like what this means for the anime. If the manga is going ahead and going past Broly, the anime would be really far behind if they were to do a Broly retelling. I doubt they would want to be that far behind so I would imagine they wouldn't do a retelling but I really want one!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:50 am

Didn't Toriyama say that Toyotaro was going to cover the Broly film in the manga? Did he lie or was he misinformed?

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:11 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Didn't Toriyama say that Toyotaro was going to cover the Broly film in the manga? Did he lie or was he misinformed?
He never said that. People merely inferred it based on his statement that the manga would show something different than the anime and movie, but that doesn't directly communicate that there were ever any plans to adapt the film's story in the manga.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:17 pm

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:31 pm

So, Super DB Heroes? :|

Ehhh...I'm kinda soured on that. I guess it could be ok as long as they don't go DBH all over it.

Retooling Brolli is one thing, making everything ever canon will be super convoluted.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:31 pm

Well this is all very peculiar. I certainly wasn't expecting to see Grand Supreme Kai again. :shock:

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:41 pm

I'm just glad its not a Sadala arc. I really hope that arc is something Toriyama changed his mind on from back in 2016.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:47 pm

I built up so many expectations for Planet Salad back in 2016 I think I'd be ok if it was a dropped arc because there's no way my highest hopes for the arc would come true.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:53 pm

Could this arc be related to this new character from the Switch game ?

Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:10 pm

Where are people getting Dragon Ball Heroes from this? There is nothing about Dragon Ball Heroes mentioned.

The Galactic Patrol is the organization Jaco is part of and the prisoner can be anyone.

The real mystery is that is the Kai, Buu absorbed. I am intreresting to see how he is involved. Unless it is just a flashback explaining how he was involved with the so named prisoner.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:22 pm

Dang, so it does take place after the Broli arc. At the very least, I hope this means the Broli arc will be recreated in the next series. I'm also hoping looking forward to seeing how this arc pans out since it'll come out before any animated adaption.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:36 pm

Kinokima wrote:Where are people getting Dragon Ball Heroes from this? There is nothing about Dragon Ball Heroes mentioned.

The Galactic Patrol is the organization Jaco is part of and the prisoner can be anyone.

The real mystery is that is the Kai, Buu absorbed. I am intreresting to see how he is involved. Unless it is just a flashback explaining how he was involved with the so named prisoner.
Check the post above yours. The new Heroes game will introduce a new Galactic Patrol guy.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:43 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Dang, so it does take place after the Broli arc. At the very least, I hope this means the Broli arc will be recreated in the next series. I'm also hoping looking forward to seeing how this arc pans out since it'll come out before any animated adaption.
This could mean that the manga would be WAY ahead of the anime if they do a retelling, and I don't know if that is something that Toei wants.
Draconic wrote: If it's Toyotaro's own little thing I might check out the manga again, just to give him one more chance and see if with some more freedom he can finally put out something worthwhile.
I wouldn't get your hopes up. I'm going to keep my expectations extremely low for anything that Toyotaro puts together whether it be assisted by Toriyama or otherwise.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:51 pm

PFM18 wrote:This could mean that the manga would be WAY ahead of the anime if they do a retelling, and I don't know if that is something that Toei wants.
It wouldn't be the first time.