"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:34 am

New leaks

BrolySSJL
Not-So-Newbie

Post by BrolySSJL » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:37 am

WOW, that's pretty good.

MyNiggaGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MyNiggaGoku » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:51 am

The new villain seems to be something like a mage, and he apparently sucks the life force from living creatures.

Very very interesting.
My Dragon Ball Super 'Canon'

GokuDragonBall

Post by GokuDragonBall » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:59 am

Yeah sounds like another magical type villain and I like it. Generally, those type of characters don't stick too long in DB though and are quickly discarded to focus more on the hand-to-hand combat for some reason. Hopefully, it will be longer than 10-15 chapters because I really miss long arcs.
Last edited by GokuDragonBall on Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:24 am

At least this is something different, narrative-wise. Even if the villain's goat design is kinda dull, his powers' are interesting.
Last edited by Chuquita on Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:25 am

The spoilers look interesting. I'm all for a magic-based antagonist.
Kinokima wrote: If Broly is “more popular” in the West it’s neglible!
To be clear, I don't disagree. My point was that it's probably wrong to assume the foreign market has no influence when it comes to all things Broly, which naturally includes "Female Broly". When a marketing initiative like Room talks about his overseas appeal, I don't think it's just about Japan at that point.

He's very much currently an internationally-driven character.

GokuDragonBall

Post by GokuDragonBall » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:36 am

Interesting titbits about the leaks.
https://twitter.com/Cipher_db/status/10 ... 9474286593

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:51 am

I’m digging the premise of this new arc. I was 100% not a fan of the manga version of the Universe Survival arc, but this arc seems like its on the right track so far. I hope this isn’t some manga “filler” arc. This should be animated when the new anime releases sometime next year.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:54 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote:New leaks

Holy SHIT! this is intense for multiple reasons.. We got Both absorbed Kaioshins back, in their PHYSICAL forms so where does that leave Boo? Also this is one of the few moments where Goku actually looks frightened when he senses Goat Man's chi. This is Awesome so far.

EDIT: Just read the "TidBits", so South Kaishin isn't back apparently its a flash back, and seeing as though Dai KaioShin sacrificed most of his God Ki(?) just to weaken Moro (That's Goat Man's name) then had that not been necessary he might've been able to beat Boo back then. Thats a good thing though, it gives some honor to being a Kai outside of just small tidbits of wisdom and a handy trick here and there. This is getting really Good!
Last edited by goku the krump dancer on Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:00 am

Marlowe89 wrote: To be clear, I don't disagree. My point was that it's probably wrong to assume the foreign market has no influence when it comes to all things Broly, which naturally includes "Female Broly". When a marketing initiative like Room talks about his overseas appeal, I don't think it's just about Japan at that point.

He's very much currently an internationally-driven character.
And I don’t disagree either. I just think instead of just looking at the foreign or Japanese market individually they look at what is popular with both. In the past they may not have considered the foreign market so much but now I agree with you they definitely do since there are extra profits to be made

Anyways as for the chapter I am excited it sounds like the Goat guy is a proper evil villain. I am hoping his magic powers are interesting. I am just looking forward to a villain that has more to him than just raw strength. Hope this one doesn’t let me down.

And no involvement from the Gods I hope!

micah007
Not-So-Newbie

Post by micah007 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:01 am

TheRed259 wrote:They wanna sell more Goku and Vegeta figures I guess... :P
https://twitter.com/DBSuperFrance/statu ... 7248837632
I had hoped they'd get actual Galactic Patrol battle outfits instead of just the emblem on their standard garments.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:03 am

TheRed259 wrote:They wanna sell more Goku and Vegeta figures I guess... :P
https://twitter.com/DBSuperFrance/statu ... 7248837632
I clicked expecting them in galactic patrol outfits and was mildly disappointed it's just more insignias.

I think it reads that Gokû thinks the insignia is embarrassing? Could be wrong.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:22 am

This new villain already has me intrigued. We get so few magic oriented villains in the show because the focus is generally geared towards physical fighters and their overwhelming raw power. Here's hoping we can see more what he's capable of and what the exact relationship is that he has with the Kaioshins. It looks to be hostile but not to the same degree as when Buu wiped out most of the Kaioshins. Also, thinking about it now, this goat being must be very old if he was alive when Dai Kaioshin and South Kaioshin were still active. Does he know some type of magic to keep his body alive and soul tethered to the human world?

micah007
Not-So-Newbie

Post by micah007 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:25 am

For those just joining the conversation plenty of fans love HAX!!!!!!! characters/powers. I feel Goat will have the same appeal that Hit had and still does to a degree due to the versatility of his abilities.

GokuDragonBall

Post by GokuDragonBall » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:30 am

Knowing how DB works, could there be another villain who's helping Goat guy? Anyway, I really like stories that show Goku not being able to uniquely rely on brute strength during a fight so I hope this story is one of those. Also because I really don't care about power levels or whatever.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:42 am

Chuquita wrote:I think it reads that Gokû thinks the insignia is embarrassing? Could be wrong.
Yep!

Also, re: "Moro," keep in mind that that's just the romanization of the characters in his name. Not sure what the pun source is, so there'll almost certainly be a better spelling that comes to light within the next few days.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:58 am

So he basically is able to forcefully take the ki from living beings like an evil Genkidama?
Sounds like he's gonna be a tough guy to deal with.
I'm excited by where this is going :D

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:02 pm

micah007 wrote:I had hoped they'd get actual Galactic Patrol battle outfits instead of just the emblem on their standard garments.
Only games dare to change the outfit.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Kepiaschkz
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kepiaschkz » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:20 pm

Cipher wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I think it reads that Gokû thinks the insignia is embarrassing? Could be wrong.
Yep!

Also, re: "Moro," keep in mind that that's just the romanization of the characters in his name. Not sure what the pun source is, so there'll almost certainly be a better spelling that comes to light within the next few days.
I think his name and design are directly inspired by the canaanite deity "Moloch" who was pictured as a humanoid taurus shaped demon.