"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jack Bz
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Jack Bz » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:43 am

Why would Goku even care about getting to fight a Moro that isn't using his proper powers?

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:46 am

dbzfan7 wrote:I'm not ready to buy into that, but if it is true, then hopefully people will also remember Toyotaro is not the only one behind the Manga. Toriyama is too, and approving it so. Not to mention his outlines as well. They'd both be to blame. But I have faith they wouldn't do Goku that badly.
That’s IF Toriyama gave outlines this time or if this a a complete joint effort between the 2 or even a Toyo original with Toriyama acting as an editor.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:31 am

Is there a break this month? I just looked in Manga Plus and it says that the new chapter will be out March 19.

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:54 am

dbzfan7 wrote:I'm not ready to buy into that, but if it is true, then hopefully people will also remember Toyotaro is not the only one behind the Manga. Toriyama is too, and approving it so. Not to mention his outlines as well. They'd both be to blame. But I have faith they wouldn't do Goku that badly.
Yeah, that's one reason why I'm not buying this. We know that Toriyama is involved in this, and would he let Gokus character be butchered that bad? I know the anime ToP pissed me off when Goku was acting like a dick about the ToP to the other universes but this would take the cake.

If this is true I wouldn't know what to say, especially when we know that Toyo stated that's he's "teaming up with Toriyama, and getting a lot of praise". Seems like Toriyama is putting his own ideas in and checking things over judging by what Toyo said.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:00 am

I hope it rebounds in the next chapter because it had an interesting start but the last chapter seemed like something a fan would have wrote. The kind of thing that I'd expect from Toybles Dragon Ball AF.

New villain gets introduced and before you know it they're already fighting him. It was never like that with Dragon Ball Z. It took a while before the main fights started, they werent just immediately thrown together.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:19 am

I mean, Cell showed up and Piccolo fought him almost instantly, but in that case there was actually good presentation and Cell's entire existence was full of intrigue and mystery, from his design to his demeanor, in a way that Moro literally can't be because they've already explained him away as "that evil wizard who we fought years ago or whatever".

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:31 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Smilodon wrote:Someone in 4chan posted a possible spoiler from next cap.
Holy fuck that is awful :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No way that's real. It seems so damn insane.

And how would EoZ work if all the dragons are gone?

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:39 am

Why do people even post these incredibly stupid leaks from 4chan here?
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:41 am

emperior wrote:Why do people even post these incredibly stupid leaks from 4chan here?
Because it's fun to read through just how dumb they sound and see how many people actually believe them?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:50 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
That’s IF Toriyama gave outlines this time or if this a a complete joint effort between the 2 or even a Toyo original with Toriyama acting as an editor.
We know he is, because Toyotaro says Toriyama always looks over his stuff. Either way he approves everything of Toyo so we have to put the blame to both of them.
Sora Saiyan wrote:
Yeah, that's one reason why I'm not buying this. We know that Toriyama is involved in this, and would he let Gokus character be butchered that bad? I know the anime ToP pissed me off when Goku was acting like a dick about the ToP to the other universes but this would take the cake.

If this is true I wouldn't know what to say, especially when we know that Toyo stated that's he's "teaming up with Toriyama, and getting a lot of praise". Seems like Toriyama is putting his own ideas in and checking things over judging by what Toyo said.
I don't think it is, but this isn't like toei and GT or the OG Movies. Toriyama is involved and approves or corrects things according to the interviews. So if there's something bad, we don't know who's idea it may originally be, but we do know he at least approved it.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:16 am

Smilodon wrote:Someone in 4chan posted a possible spoiler from next cap.

There's no way in Popo's name that can be real. Goku is reckless, but he isn't THAT reckless. I do like the idea of Moro harnessing power from the Dragonballs. Has a Shadow Dragon vibe that I like. But that's about it. Hopefully nothing near this happens

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:02 pm

Please tell me you guys don't seriously believe 4chan leaks?

These guys started posting fake shit about goku letting moro absorb people's life energy 2 days ago. EVERY SINGLE MONTH they make up fake leaks, when the ToP first started in manga, they made up leaks saying Hit eliminated Gohan from the jump and Dyspo took out Caulifla and Kale. Every month they make up fake stuff, then people overreact

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:12 pm

Those leaks are too stupid to be real, but at the same time I legit wouldn’t be surprised if it turned out to be true.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:28 pm

In any case we don't have any photo evidence. Still, I'll be honest. It would be quite a packed chapter if real.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:42 pm

Bullza wrote:I hope it rebounds in the next chapter because it had an interesting start but the last chapter seemed like something a fan would have wrote. The kind of thing that I'd expect from Toybles Dragon Ball AF.

New villain gets introduced and before you know it they're already fighting him. It was never like that with Dragon Ball Z. It took a while before the main fights started, they werent just immediately thrown together.
Well, to be fair, unlike the other antagonists, Moro has no henchmen or “sub-antagonists” like what the Androids were compared to Cell.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:50 pm

Shaddy wrote:Yeah I'm stickin' with this guy.

Goku offering to let Moro kill the dragons just for a fight is literally the meme of Goku's personality rather than what it actually is.
still this is really extreme, i hope the chapter clears some of this up. Goku sacrificing the entire universe (after what happened in the TOP) would be even idiotic for goku

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:54 pm

I hope this isn't true.

Shenron has helped Goku through out the series a lot. That's not how you say thanks. Besides, Shenron is the ''Dragon Ball'' franchise after all.

Once again, I hope this isn't true.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:55 pm

Okay, these leaks are definitely fake right? They are from 4chan, which is a less than reputable source.

With that being said, Goku doing this really isn't any different from Vegeta letting Cell absorb 18 or Goku/friends allowing Gero to build the androids that were prophesied to murder all of them.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:03 pm

PFM18 wrote:Okay, these leaks are definitely fake right? They are from 4chan, which is a less than reputable source.

With that being said, Goku doing this really isn't any different from Vegeta letting Cell absorb 18 or Goku/friends allowing Gero to build the androids that were prophesied to murder all of them.
4Chan is a decent source in terms of getting good info (We have had true leaks from 4chan before), but they're also trolls, so (Discounting the obvious 'These are too dumb to be real') they're very likly to be fake.

Though I've seen a second set of leaks on 4chan that sound similar, but without the dumber elements.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:09 pm

Jack Bz wrote:Why would Goku even care about getting to fight a Moro that isn't using his proper powers?
To test him out? That’s what Goku always does when he first meets someone new. How is it even possible to ask this question?