"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TKA
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by TKA » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:49 am

DHM211 wrote: Zamasu is seen invading the past in episode 67.
Not my point.

Also, the threat that Zamas-in-the-sky posed had never even been established. What does Zamas in the sky do? Is it a bad thing because his laughing is annoying? We don't know.

We're told explicitly and have SEEN what physical Zamas could do in the past.

Therefore, it is a more tangible threat and a better dramatic tool than what was presented in the other rendition of the story.
The Creatives who inspire me: Akira Toriyama, George Lucas, Chris Nolan, J. R. R. Tolkien and Zack Snyder

http://i.imgur.com/XAnj7Yi.jpg

You saw Batman v Superman? Is it the Ultimate Edition? No? Then you haven't seen Batman v Superman. Also, the Snyder Cut is the greatest, non-deconstructionist ensemble comic book film ever made.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:55 am

KidGokuDB wrote:Holy crap, Gohan actually makes an appearance again in the manga side story. :clap:
https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/888702424780689408

Even better it sort of gives reason to his appearance in the next arc (him mentioning nobody contacts him in fighting) and sets up as to why Future Trunks leaves in the manga. Props to Herms for the translation in tweets.
That's wonderful. And it plays in perfectly as to why Future Trunks decides to go to another timeline. Good job, Toyotaro.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:19 am

KidGokuDB wrote:Holy crap, Gohan actually makes an appearance again in the manga side story. :clap:

Even better it sort of gives reason to his appearance in the next arc (him mentioning nobody contacts him in fighting) and sets up as to why Future Trunks leaves in the manga. Props to Herms for the translation in tweets.
Maybe nobody calls because ya keep flip flopping on whether you will fight or not XD

But cool to see Gohan appear at all. But he shows up here, and not to say goodbye at the end?
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:18 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:

Maybe nobody calls because ya keep flip flopping on whether you will fight or not XD

But cool to see Gohan appear at all. But he shows up here, and not to say goodbye at the end?
Well, this seems to be a bonus chapter or something like that, so him not appearing in the story proper but being there at the end would be weird.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Will
Beyond Newbie

Post by Will » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:21 pm

TKA wrote:
DHM211 wrote: Zamasu is seen invading the past in episode 67.
Not my point.

Also, the threat that Zamas-in-the-sky posed had never even been established. What does Zamas in the sky do? Is it a bad thing because his laughing is annoying? We don't know.

We're told explicitly and have SEEN what physical Zamas could do in the past.

Therefore, it is a more tangible threat and a better dramatic tool than what was presented in the other rendition of the story.
Zamasu-in-the-sky threat was established, he was shooting huge beam, in this form he literally killed all humans remaning on earth, and resisted combined attack from Goku, Vegeta and Trunks.
And he was starting to appear in the present.
Last edited by Will on Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:23 pm

dbzfan7 wrote: But cool to see Gohan appear at all. But he shows up here, and not to say goodbye at the end?
Headcanon, whenever Gohan is missing in Super, he is in an important conference or something like that. Like in the Champa arc.
Heno heno kappa!

TKA
Advanced Regular

Post by TKA » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:34 pm

Will wrote: Zamasu-in-the-sky threat was established, he was shooting huge beam, in this form he literally killed all humans remaning on earth
Fair enough.

That's still bad though. There weren't many mortals left and they were all in the same area. In addition, he did nothing after that but remain laughing.

My point is that we saw throughout the arc what just 2 Zamas can do, and we're told explicitly what an army of them will do. In essence, I'm saying the manga did it better by giving us what we'd seen before (Merged Zamas), but in much greater quantities rather than create a whole new plot point (sky Zamas) and then needing to establish why it's dangerous (killing the remaining mortals) and then doing nothing with it.
The Creatives who inspire me: Akira Toriyama, George Lucas, Chris Nolan, J. R. R. Tolkien and Zack Snyder

http://i.imgur.com/XAnj7Yi.jpg

You saw Batman v Superman? Is it the Ultimate Edition? No? Then you haven't seen Batman v Superman. Also, the Snyder Cut is the greatest, non-deconstructionist ensemble comic book film ever made.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:17 pm

Basako wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote: But cool to see Gohan appear at all. But he shows up here, and not to say goodbye at the end?
Headcanon, whenever Gohan is missing in Super, he is in an important conference or something like that. Like in the Champa arc.
Might as well just call it a smoke break :roll:
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:31 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
Basako wrote:
Might as well just call it a smoke break :roll:
Academic conferences are basically that only :lol:
With them smoking your brains out instead with all those shitty ideas and innovations they present
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Will
Beyond Newbie

Post by Will » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:59 pm

TKA wrote:
Will wrote: Zamasu-in-the-sky threat was established, he was shooting huge beam, in this form he literally killed all humans remaning on earth
Fair enough.

That's still bad though. There weren't many mortals left and they were all in the same area. In addition, he did nothing after that but remain laughing.
No it's wrong, besides the kids/the rebellion and Future Yajirobe in the house close to the fight, he also killed Future Androids 8's survivor group in a completly different location on the planet and the turtle at Kame house.

And he also repelled Goku/Vegeta/Trunks's combined attack.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:01 pm

Toyo Gohan is training in Bulma's gravity room? On his own? Huh.

Trek405

Post by Trek405 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:01 pm

It's nice to see gohan appear since that's what a lot of ppl seemed to miss the most in the manga version. Look at that! We even get a glimpse of trunks' true emotions before he covers it up with his usual hopeful demeanor. I also like that gohan unwittingly inspired trunks to want to make a better future again only so gohan can see it one day.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:15 pm

OLKv3 wrote:Toyo Gohan is training in Bulma's gravity room? On his own? Huh.
That's a really nice tidbit. It's going to come in handy when the Tournament Of Power rolls around and we see how strong Gohan has gotten.
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:18 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
That's a really nice tidbit. It's going to come in handy when the Tournament Of Power rolls around and we see how strong Gohan has gotten.
It will be handy, but lavenda would need to be pretty darn powerful if he ties with a trained gohan here as well
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:22 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
It will be handy, but lavenda would need to be pretty darn powerful if he ties with a trained gohan here as well
I'm guessing Gohan's gains won't be anything great.

I also find it funny that Gohan lampshades the fact that nobody contacts him when there's a major fight happening. Like, he would have taken part in the Champa arc tournament if Goku didn't immediately brush him off so brazenly.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:25 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
I think it would be awesome if the trio were stronger in this version like bergamo is relative to ssg or ssb goku meanwhile gohan uses ss2 in his figth against lavender
Last edited by The gr on Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mostly active on discord.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:27 pm

Lord Beerus wrote: I also find it funny that Gohan lampshades the fact that nobody contacts him when there's a major fight happening. Like, he would have taken part in the Champa arc tournament if Goku didn't immediately brush him off so brazenly.
Yeah, this doesn't make gohan look like an indecisive child who can't stick to his own word or remember his lessons like the anime made him seem like..
Here, Gohan is right there, bewildered why nobody brothers to contact him, ready to help like he always is..

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:36 pm

The gr wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: That's a really nice tidbit. It's going to come in handy when the Tournament Of Power rolls around and we see how strong Gohan has gotten.
I think it would be awesome if the trio were stronger in this version like bergamo is relative to ssg or ssb goku
I think that would create more issues. Especially if there are characters that are much stronger than Bergamo in the tournament, which there most certainly will be.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:40 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: That's a really nice tidbit. It's going to come in handy when the Tournament Of Power rolls around and we see how strong Gohan has gotten.
I'm guessing Gohan's gains won't be anything great.

I also find it funny that Gohan lampshades the fact that nobody contacts him when there's a major fight happening. Like, he would have taken part in the Champa arc tournament if Goku didn't immediately brush him off so brazenly.
No, Gohan cancelled that on his own because he was busy with a conference. He wanted to help with Zamasu, but don't know what good he would've done

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:42 pm

Lord Beerus wrote: I think that would create more issues. Especially if there are characters that are much stronger than Bergamo in the tournament, which there most certainly will be.
I don't see the issue with that if we have people like toppo and jiren and goku is bound to beat one of them at least and I want to see ssg again
Mostly active on discord.