"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Namz
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Namz » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:17 pm

So disappointing that the filler aliens of Universe 11 were included in the chapter. Those are stronger than Goku SSBlue though, they made Toppo actually struggled.
Last edited by Namz on Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:20 pm

Whatever wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I'd still wait an additional month, but this might explain why we had Gohan build up and then not much once the tournament started; he may just not be as big a part of the team as Toei wanted him to be.
I mean yeah,him being the 'leader' did not amount to anything,not that he is a good one anyways.
In the anime version it seems everybody is kissing the ground Gohan walks in even when he does nothing,he gets a lot of undeserved praise.

Him being the leader didn't work cause half the team is full of fight obsessed retards. Goku was the one who made him team leader and talked about listening to what the kai had to say in episode 96 and he was the first one to bail. Gohan is one of the few taking things seriously. Goku and Vegeta are idiots who are more interested in helping out universe 6 and swinging their metaphorical dicks around than actually trying to survive.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:24 pm

BlueVegerot wrote:
Whatever wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I'd still wait an additional month, but this might explain why we had Gohan build up and then not much once the tournament started; he may just not be as big a part of the team as Toei wanted him to be.
I mean yeah,him being the 'leader' did not amount to anything,not that he is a good one anyways.
In the anime version it seems everybody is kissing the ground Gohan walks in even when he does nothing,he gets a lot of undeserved praise.

Him being the leader didn't work cause half the team is full of fight obsessed retards. Goku was the one who made him team leader and talked about listening to what the kai had to say in episode 96 and he was the first one to bail. Gohan is one of the few taking things seriously. Goku and Vegeta are idiots who are more interested in helping out universe 6 and swinging their metaphorical dicks around than actually trying to survive.
Its not like he did a good job leading the other half of the team that listened to him.
He let Tien and Roshi fend for themselves while he sticked around with Piccolo and Piccolo lost 2 arms because of him.

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:35 pm

Whatever wrote:
BlueVegerot wrote:
Whatever wrote: I mean yeah,him being the 'leader' did not amount to anything,not that he is a good one anyways.

Its not like he did a good job leading the other half of the team that listened to him.
He let Tien and Roshi fend for themselves while he sticked around with Piccolo and Piccolo lost 2 arms because of him.
Krillin was with 18 when he let his guard down and got thrown off

Tien had the sniper beaten but let his guard down and got thrown off

Gohan told everyone to stay together, he's not their personal bodyguard and can't go looking for each one of them

Did gohan tell roshi to fire off two more mafubas?

goku is out here saving hit and letting kale and caulifla escape in episode 101. Vegeta is giving pep talks to cabba.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:37 pm

BlueVegerot wrote:
Whatever wrote:

It was a lost cause no matter what. Half the team doesn't give a shit about what he has to say, while the other half hardly are effective. All the powerhouses ignore Gohan, while the the rest who even if he could band together well, really wouldn't do jack. Goku basically just made him so called leader so he could ditch his ass with the humans and weaklings, so Goku wouldn't have to be responsible for them.

Though it could be worse, he could actually be helping the enemy teams.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

MyNiggaGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MyNiggaGoku » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:42 pm

Guys I know it's not manga related but it's very important.The longtime Japanese VA of Bulma,Hiromi Tsuru passed away.Very sad news for our community.
My Dragon Ball Super 'Canon'

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:03 pm

BlueVegerot wrote:

Gohan told everyone to stay together, he's not their personal bodyguard and can't go looking for each one of them

goku is out here saving hit and letting kale and caulifla escape in episode 101. Vegeta is giving pep talks to cabba.
Gohan told Roshi and Tien to fight on their own after Kale's rampage while he sticked with Piccolo,he let the weakest members of his team alone on purpose.
Meanwhile thanks to him Piccolo lost 2 arms to save him and Freeza had to go out of his way to save him twice.

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:09 pm

Whatever wrote:
BlueVegerot wrote:

Gohan told Roshi and Tien to fight on their own after Kale's rampage while he sticked with Piccolo,he let the weakest members of his team alone on purpose.
Meanwhile thanks to him Piccolo lost 2 arms to save him and Freeza had to go out of his way to save him twice.
piccolo lost his arms once to save gohan, first time was when both were out in the open and the sniper got him.

Secondly roshi and tien lost cause they were idiots.

Goku needed vegeta to help him vs trio of danger, 17 and 18 help vs pride trooper fodder. Gohan isn't going around teaching other saiyans how to transform or helping out assassins.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:14 pm

Based on Herms twitter Manga Jiren is quite interesting. He doesn't even kill evil-doers. Now I'm really curious about his wish.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:49 pm

MyNiggaGoku wrote:Guys I know it's not manga related but it's very important. The longtime Japanese VA of Bulma, Hiromi Tsuru passed away. Very sad news for our community.
Yes and that's being discussed in another thread: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=30157&p=1414388#p1414388
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:51 pm

Guys anyone knows when 17 will be making his debute in the manga ?

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:17 am

Was Yamcha mentioned when selecting teammates or are they just going the anime route where he isn't thought of at all? I mean as long as they dont do that unfunny gag with him waiting for an invite it'll be fine.

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:23 am

Lapislettuce wrote:Guys anyone knows when 17 will be making his debute in the manga ?
I'd say next chapter will focused on recruitment, so probably by then.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:32 am

Lapislettuce wrote:Guys anyone knows when 17 will be making his debute in the manga ?
No. 17 debuted in the manga a while back. Some years.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:33 am

The_Destroyer wrote:Was Yamcha mentioned when selecting teammates or are they just going the anime route where he isn't thought of at all? I mean as long as they dont do that unfunny gag with him waiting for an invite it'll be fine.
Probably the anime staff trying to make a gag that’s not funny.

Analytical Delusion
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytical Delusion » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:42 am

Looks like the four U6 contestants were named right away, followed by Roshi/Tenshinhan/Krillin. Then 18 and shortly after, 17. Seems the focus of the next chapter then will be recruiting 17, Gohan, and potentially Freeza (unless they give Freeza his own chapter?).

Other than that, I'm a little surprised that it took nearly a third of the chapter to wrap up the exhibition match stuff, but maybe there'll be some interesting dialogue to flesh it out. The stuff on U11 was pretty great. Toyo/AT did a good job showing the Pride Troopers in their element, and instead of making Jiren's introduction a mystery, they've added a lot of intrigue surrounding his wish. I do hope we get to see more of U11 next chapter, though I imagine we'll need to have some of the characters from U2 and U6 introduced, since they'll still presumably be major players in the manga (they were on the V Jump cover last month, after all).

Green
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Green » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:51 am

Jiren has the same pose as Superman when flying, nice homage there. He seems like a nice guy while the anime pictured him... differently? Aside from the whole stoic and composed thing, he doesn't seem heroic but more of a martial artist like Goku and Vegeta.

Maybe Toei left this character trait out on purpose and if he wins the tournament he'll restore the universes surprising anyone (or not?).

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:42 am

Namz wrote:So disappointing that the filler aliens of Universe 11 were included in the chapter. Those are stronger than Goku SSBlue though, they made Toppo actually struggled.
From what I read it really didn't. Dypso was about to nuke it and Toppo told him not to kill it. Then Jiren shows up and stops it without killing it

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:51 am

Helios518 wrote:It's only just now that I realized that Geran's entire eye isn't the same color.
Who?

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:13 am

mute_proxy wrote:
Helios518 wrote:It's only just now that I realized that Geran's entire eye isn't the same color.
Who?
Jiren.