"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by OLKv3 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:25 am

LightBing wrote:How do you guys think Goku will get Jiren's attention? Maybe he'll be intercepted by Caulifla and Kale, who turn into Kefla? I just don't see enough big names to make Jiren look in that direction.
There's Hit and Toppo; the rest depends on who Toyotarõ wants to power up. Oh and Dyspo.

I'm also interested in who Vegeta gets to fight. A rematch with Hit would be great and very needed, their fight in the U6 arc wasn't satisfying at all, clearly rushed.
SSB/Completed SSB. The question is who will be the first fighter to push Goku to use his full power? Kale? Kefla? Hit? Toppo rematch? Aniraza?

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:12 am

Someone made a list of the brawlers on reddit.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:06 pm

Hope The Preecho makes to the Final 10 this time.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:11 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if Vegeta got more screen time with some actual serious battles unlike with TOEI. Unless Toriyama's outline had it this way.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:50 pm

Miracles wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Vegeta got more screen time with some actual serious battles unlike with TOEI. Unless Toriyama's outline had it this way.
From giving him a form he should not have to Vegeta's refusal to participate in a tournament that his daughter will be erased if they lose,its quite obvious Vegeta knowing about the stakes from the get go was not in Toriyama's outline,so don't worry i am sure Toyotaro will find a way shoehorn Vegeta into things he does not belong to(he already shoehorned him into character interactions that shouldn't be anyways).

Gig
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gig » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:34 pm

I was hoping Toyotaro added some explanation about Jimeze... instead he workarounded the problem by knoking him out without even showing him clearly!

Also, I found it a bit strange we haven't seen kamizake firballs in base form.

I quite liked chapter 33, however I had the impression they are "rushing" a bit...

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:53 pm

kemuri07 wrote:Seriously, that one-page spread that showed every fighter brawling was better than nearly anything in the anime. That's what I want from this arc.
Yeah. The full-page spreads here are amazing.
I actually turned that one into a wallpaper, if you're interested. And, of course, here's the uncropped version.

And, as a bonus, the other awesome full-page spread as a wallpaper, and its uncropped variant.
I realise these probably aren't native 1080 or whatever resolution, but this is how they display on the online reader, so... Image
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:54 pm

In the manga there is no Blue Kaioken. There only is Completed Blue as superior form to casual Blue. Probably Goku/Vegeta will use it against stronger opponents like the Pride Troopers or Kefla.
Completed Blue has no aura, it's stronger than casual Blue or any other precedented (sub)form because it has no Ki-leakage, everything is being kept inside for maximal efficiency in combat.
Based on the fact CSSBJ does not exist in the anime, I'm wondering how they are actually gonna depict both UI and Limit Breaker Vegeta in the manga.

Completed Blue will probably take over the role of Blue Kaioken in Goku's case. Or are we gonna see Blue Kaioken after all in the manga?
But what in Vegeta's case? His Limit-breaker Blue form actually has more 'aura' than casual Blue, not less. Would it truely make sense he would 'regain Ki-leakage' for a new form of Blue that's stronger than Completed Blue, which has no aura or Ki-leakage? The same with UI Goku: will it have an aura in the manga? That could basically suggest there is yet again Ki-leakage that a much weaker form, Completed Blue, does not have.
Moreover: it will not be easy to depict the characteristic UI-aura in black-and-white pics. In the manga the aura has a less important show-importance compared to the anime.

Are we just going to see another hair design/colors and pupils for these forms in the manga, without aura? How do you guys expect the manga will handle this?
Or do we have see these forms as a completely new in comparison to CSSBJ: new forms, new rules, new aura allowed?
Last edited by Mister_Popo on Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:05 pm

I don't think SSB Evol Vegeta will be in the manga at all. He really seems like a Toei creation just to leave Vegeta on par with Kaioken Goku, something that wouldn't be necessary in the manga, since both have Mastered SSB.

I'd guess UI Goku will have an aura, but it will be drawn differently from the other ones to indicate that it's a different type of power.

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:17 pm

I'm guessing this is the best place to ask this:

But as someone who isn't having that great of a time with Dragon Ball Super outside some of the slice-of-life episodes, would the manga be enjoyable to me?
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:23 pm

Hawk9211 wrote:Someone made a list of the brawlers on reddit.
Zium is carrying Rabanra the orange guy from U2.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:44 pm

GamerSkull wrote:I'm guessing this is the best place to ask this:

But as someone who isn't having that great of a time with Dragon Ball Super outside some of the slice-of-life episodes, would the manga be enjoyable to me?
Hard to say, but it's definitely worth it to check it out. The BoG arc isn't anything special, but I think it would be best to start at the beginning. It gets better art-wise and pace-wise as it goes on so don't get turned off by some of those issues early on. Also, the story differences are major enough, especially post U6, that it won't really feel like it's just retreading grounds you've already been on. Sure, the major beats are there, but how the story gets there stands on its own just fine.

Take it from me, not the biggest fan of the manga out there (quite the opposite in a way), that even if you don't find it enjoyable by the end, you won't regret taking a look at it either. It's quite short too, so it won't take long to get up to date!
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:09 pm

GamerSkull wrote:I'm guessing this is the best place to ask this:

I was in the same boat as you. The manga doesn't have any of the slice of life stuff really, but it does the arc stuff very differently from the anime, and many people -- myself included -- consider the manga's approach infinitely superior. One of my particular raves about the manga is that the pace is really quick, so add to that the fact the storytelling is much more coherent and logical, and you have a much more enjoyable telling of the story. (Or, in my view, an actually enjoyable telling of the story, compared to the anime's joyless, cynical slog that simply rides on nostalgia)

I suggest just giving it a go for yourself to see, though. The manga basically skipped Resurrection F, and only told Battle Of Gods through a 1-chapter quick recap, so you get straight into the proper Super stuff. The Black arc is where the manga really comes into its own, and that starts in volume 2. So, while I think reading from the beginning is best, you could just jump in at the start of the Black arc, which is somewhere in volume 2.

But yeah, absolutely give the manga a go; it's a lot better than the anime in my(And many others') opinion. The anime's slice of life stuff is pretty good(Sometimes great), but man do the arcs suck; meanwhile the manga is a joy to read. It just does everything so much better...
Last edited by Robo4900 on Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

TheOtherDude
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOtherDude » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:57 pm

Whatever wrote:
Miracles wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Vegeta got more screen time with some actual serious battles unlike with TOEI. Unless Toriyama's outline had it this way.
From giving him a form he should not have to Vegeta's refusal to participate in a tournament that his daughter will be erased if they lose,its quite obvious Vegeta knowing about the stakes from the get go was not in Toriyama's outline,so don't worry i am sure Toyotaro will find a way shoehorn Vegeta into things he does not belong to(he already shoehorned him into character interactions that shouldn't be anyways).
Vegeta doesn’t need a new form in the manga because they’re already neck and neck right now. Blame it on the anime for waiting till the tournament to give him that transformation when he should’ve gotten it in the Black arc. It would’ve made more sense since it was such a personal arc for him.

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:09 pm

Vegeta is finished then his full power mastered ssjb was no match against an very supressed Beerus. What will he do against transforming Toppo and Jiren. He should get k.o. in matter of seconds. He needs a power up.

TheOtherDude
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOtherDude » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:17 pm

Pannaliciour wrote:Vegeta is finished then his full power mastered ssjb was no match against an very supressed Beerus. What will he do against transforming Toppo and Jiren. He should get k.o. in matter of seconds. He needs a power up.
Both Goku and Vegeta CSSB would get man handled by Beerus..

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:40 pm

What are the chances this ends with Chapter 36 which would be the Seventh Volume which would like up the volumes with the seven Dragon Balls.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:37 pm

Bullza wrote:What are the chances this ends with Chapter 36 which would be the Seventh Volume which would like up the volumes with the seven Dragon Balls.
Only 3 more chapters ... hard to believe 74 eliminations in 140 pages ... unless there’s a masive elimination...
nah , in order to make it properly 10 or more chapters are needed, rush to round that seventh volume is ..hdhdgdgg
But I guess next chapters will have 10 + eliminations and final chapters will slow down with longer battles
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:56 pm

Bullza wrote:What are the chances this ends with Chapter 36 which would be the Seventh Volume which would like up the volumes with the seven Dragon Balls.
The chances are medium for that to happen, I actually think it will end in Vol. 8
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:41 am

TheOtherDude wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Vegeta is finished then his full power mastered ssjb was no match against an very supressed Beerus. What will he do against transforming Toppo and Jiren. He should get k.o. in matter of seconds. He needs a power up.
Both Goku and Vegeta CSSB would get man handled by Beerus..
You didn’t do anything in replying with that. The dude clearly said that a suppressed beerus would be far above cssb goku/vegeta. Which would also play out the same with jiren.