"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:05 pm

Totamo wrote:
alakazam^ wrote:When did Kaioushin say he has been one for 5 million years in the manga?
Probably where Toriyama mention the super saiyan multipliers.

NOWHERE!!
You should just check the Daizenshuu, then.
Pannaliciour wrote:1)How do you know the subject is U4? Because it was in the manga? Then you believe it? It was never mention in the anime. So it could be a manga thing only and not that important at all. Or peehaps you have Toriyama's outline?? I dont think so.

2) Wow reallyy?? The intro, the one shotting the enemy, the fearness AND fightingdrill for Jiren by Goku, the disturbing energy mention by Hit, just the look of Jiren and scaring away the enemy and the spoiler saying Goku using KAIOKEN times ?? Isnt enough. And you still think they arent building him as maybe the fake "mortal"?

3)LOLL! Why would Whis and Beerus mention it? That will give a away the trick.

I for once mention "respect for Toei" and this sentence is already quote 100 times just to be attacked. For almost 2 years beeing a member here this never happend. You guys should chill down its just a cartoon. Its not neccesarry to hate the anime/Toei.
1) Did I ever mentioned the manga? I was mainly talking about the anime, the subject was a Hakaishin that defeated Beerus in arm wrestling, the direction of the scene implies that is Quitela from U4.

2) Sorry, but no. The intro implies that Jiren is the guy Goku is facing off and that he's pretty damn strong, that's all.

3) Trick? Neither Whis or Beerus commented about Jiren yet, there's no reason for them making a secret of it if he is in fact the mortal Whis was referecing to.

The thing is not about hating Toei and yes that you're wrongly assumed that they implied Jiren was the mortal stronger than a Hakaishin when it wasn't the case.
LightBing wrote:Can people please explain to me why Beerus being the strongest or one of the strongest is bad? Why would it be better if he was weaker than some or most of them? I truly don't understand the logic behind this.
Well, perhaps you forgot Dragon Ball usual trope that the new is always strongest than the old. Many assumed since Battle Of Gods (2013), after Beerus revelead there are other universes with other many strong Gods, that these may be stronger than him. Also Whis said in the anime that the other Gods were more "agressive" than Beerus.

The thing is Beerus since his debut remains to be stronger than the protagonists, we never saw the extend of his full power neither struggling to defeat someone, he fighting other Gods would be the perfect opportunity for that, but it was wasted.
Last edited by Noah on Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

TKA
Advanced Regular

Post by TKA » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:15 pm

emperior wrote:Am I the only one who thinks Toyotaro is giving the Gods so much importance only because he designed most of them?
Man, you people act like you know the guy and show him next to no respect as a writer.
The Creatives who inspire me: Akira Toriyama, George Lucas, Chris Nolan, J. R. R. Tolkien and Zack Snyder

http://i.imgur.com/XAnj7Yi.jpg

You saw Batman v Superman? Is it the Ultimate Edition? No? Then you haven't seen Batman v Superman. Also, the Snyder Cut is the greatest, non-deconstructionist ensemble comic book film ever made.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:21 pm

Noah wrote:You should just check the Daizenshuu, then.
The guidebooks aren't reliable, though.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:23 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:The anime and the manga are different. Quitela surely isn't the one who beat Beerus in the anime.
He could be. There's bad blood between them and Quitela is the only god who has significant interaction besides Champa and it's a pretty safe guess that Champa didn't beat Beerus at arm wrestling. He'd never stop crowing about it.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:32 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:The anime and the manga are different. Quitela surely isn't the one who beat Beerus in the anime.
He could be. There's bad blood between them and Quitela is the only god who has significant interaction besides Champa and it's a pretty safe guess that Champa didn't beat Beerus at arm wrestling. He'd never stop crowing about it.
Whis never mentioned the arm wrestle loss, Beerus did so Beerus could easily be interpreting Whis wrong.

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:36 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:Alright then, i can certainly tolerate Beerus doing so well against them if he actually utilises the technique of having your body "move and react without thinking" Whis always talks about, however, another counter argument immediately pops up, why couldn't GoDs like Geene and Iwne not do the same? I mean if Beerus of all people could do it, then Gods on the level of those 2 i mentioned above, should certainly be able to utilise it too to some degree at least.
Well maybe Whis' teaching of having your body move on it's own could be an exclusive teaching of his. Quite a simple explanation really, and if you think a certain two gods are super strong, and much better than Beerus (why?) then that seems like the logical conclusion, otherwise they would also be doing it. Anyway, just wait until the next chapter to find out whos strongest, because it seems like the real fight is about to start.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:38 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:Whis never mentioned the arm wrestle loss, Beerus did so Beerus could easily be interpreting Whis wrong.
Beerus brought that up in response to something Whis said about the God being better than Beerus . Beerus of all people would know the incident in question and who was involved.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:56 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:Whis never mentioned the arm wrestle loss, Beerus did so Beerus could easily be interpreting Whis wrong.
Beerus brought that up in response to something Whis said about the God being better than Beerus . Beerus of all people would know the incident in question and who was involved.
Any number of Gods could be stronger than Beerus and Beerus losing at an arm wrestling means nothing.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:40 pm

Do some people seriously believe one of those two U4 bugs is actually stronger than Jiren???!

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:41 pm

Totamo wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:Wow wow wow hold on a sec.....Quitela the yellow rat is the guy who bested Beerus at arm wrestling! HAHA poor Beerus is never gonna live that down :lol:.

Hold on dose this mean that sll this build up with Universe 11 is just a giant red hering! Are Universe 4 the real threat of the ToP!
Would Toriyama build up 1 villain then switch to a much stronger one in the middle of a saga?
While it was not of his own idea, the entire android arc is that in a nutshell. Maybe he could do that again but of his own valistion.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:46 pm

LightBing wrote:Can people please explain to me why Beerus being the strongest or one of the strongest is bad? Why would it be better if he was weaker than some or most of them?
Because it lacks scale (which is a major problem with Dragon Ball, which is emphasized in Super, which is even more emphasized with Toyotaro's writing, but I digress). You introduced this character 4 arcs ago. Our main characters, though still weaker, are catching up to him. Now you introduce 11 super ultra powerful characters in the same league as Beerus. In any other series, Beerus would be one of the weaker ones or straight down the middle, to give Goku and Vegeta room to grow before they're the hottest of shits. It's building up future power progression naturally instead of pulling strong opponents out of their ass after they already established the previous enemy as the strongest one ever (this is something Z did constantly). It's a safety net for future stories and plots to fall on. Plus, it's consistent with the series' themes, being that we're watching/reading an underdog story and one of the main themes is that there are always stronger opponents out there, no matter how strong you think you are. By establishing a ceiling with the GoDs and Angels, and by already placing our main characters so close to that ceiling, it limits the series' scale, and making our universe so ridiculously strong flies right in the face of everything the series strives to teach you.

But Beerus wasn't established as the strongest, which is worth nothing.

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:58 pm

The other universes are already fodder and the Gods will be irrelevant after this arc. So, who cares, seriously.

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:31 pm

Definitely not a fan of the Beerus wank, as I said earlier. It's a fucking eye roller. I did like seeing Daishinkan with his angel staff, which we never got in the anime. A small tidbit, but a nice one at the same time. Quitela being the one who beat Beerus at an arm wrestling competition is something I suspected since Beerus, in the anime, noted how he "wasn't good with that guy," and surprisingly didn't retort against Quitela's snarky remark about U7 during the tournament. If this was the case in the anime too, I wouldn't be surprised. Velmoud being surrounded by those women who belong to a race and planet he planned to destroy was funny.

The anime's exhibition matches completely blows the manga's out of the park. Since among all else, you know, it actually had the mortals fighting each other and getting an idea of each other's power. Over all decent chapter, I guess(?) I can understand the hate.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:42 pm

Says who? Especially since in the anime he's Beerus' rival, it points to him being the one who did it

This fanbase is ridiculous

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:43 pm

OLKv3 wrote:
Says who? Especially since in the anime he's Beerus' rival, it points to him being the one who did it

This fanbase is ridiculous
I'm sure this would be a toriyama plot point, cat and mouse at each others throats.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:45 pm

Let's see who actually wins this tournament and how it happens before passing judgement yet. From what I'm getting Quitilla may be stronger than Beerus since he won that arm wrestling match...but that's only a maybe. Not to mention Beerus only avoided everything, and his one big attack was blocked by only 1 God, not all 5 of them having to output their energy.

I'm totally with people who don't like it if Beerus is above the others. I wouldn't like it either. I agree if it goes in that direction I'd dislike it. But we've only just started, and we're gonna get this free for all between all the gods, which is awesome. The backstory and stuff is awesome too. Especially with Beerus being a complete hypocrite who worries so much about Goku fucking things up, when Beerus himself has shown to be a bigger fuck up by sleeping and pissing off Zeno, as well as pissing off other gods.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:47 pm

mfwlegend3 wrote:Definitely not a fan of the Beerus wank, as I said earlier. It's a fucking eye roller. I did like seeing Daishinkan with his angel staff, which we never got in the anime. A small tidbit, but a nice one at the same time. Quitela being the one who beat Beerus at an arm wrestling competition is something I suspected since Beerus, in the anime, noted how he "wasn't good with that guy," and surprisingly didn't retort against Quitela's snarky remark about U7 during the tournament. If this was the case in the anime too, I wouldn't be surprised. Velmoud being surrounded by those women who belong to a race and planet he planned to destroy was funny.

The anime's exhibition matches completely blows the manga's out of the park. Since among all else, you know, it actually had the mortals fighting each other and getting an idea of each other's power. Over all decent chapter, I guess(?) I can understand the hate.
Beerus being wank majikayo (seriously),The match barely started to make this statement all beerus did was evade and he was struggling with Moscow grip,The exhibition is not over yet because we didn't see the full fight of the Gods and Goku vs Toppo.

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:50 pm

Spider-Man wrote:Beerus being wank majikayo (seriously),The match barely started to make this statement all beerus did was evade
It's how he evaded, with ease, against several other GoD who couldn't lay in a single blow and looked surprised when he did it as if they couldn't keep up. He might as well have just yawned while doing it, too. Like I said, it makes me roll my eyes. The match may have only begun but so far I'm not liking it.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:53 pm

But all that dodging is due to Whis's move without thinking training, he;s going to out paces the gods that dont take him seruely. They all jumped him at once expecting an easy beatdown and he proved them wrong.

Just give it some time, once things get serues we'll see that Beerus is not the strongest.
Last edited by Lord Frieza on Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:56 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:But all that dodging is due to Whis's move without thinking training, he;s going to out paces the gods that dont take him seruely. They all jumped him at one expecting an easy beatdown and he proved them wrong.

Just give it some time, once things get serues we'll see that Beerus is not the strongest.

I hope it is the case, the only reason otherwise I can find is Goku will surpass all the other gods then rematch with Beerus as his final challenge.