"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nokra
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Nokra » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:03 am

Rakurai wrote:
Nokra wrote: Pretty sure "Tracetaro" isn't inaccurate considering that he literally traced someone else's work. Also, its funny that the manga fanboys claim that people who prefer the anime say things like "hurr durr as usual anime>manga" when that is literally what manga fanboys were the doing for the longest time against the anime. Just look in the comment section of the older manga chapters on youtube and all you see are comments like "manga>>>>anime" or "manga is so much better than the crappy anime". The manga fanboys are basically the ones who started this "anime vs manga war" in the first place but now that everyone is finally starting to realize how flawed the manga is so everything's been flipped and the manga fanboys are scrambling to defend their lord and savior Tracetaro.
Not sure if you didn't realize this by now, but this website isn't YouTube.

Though good to know that you're no better than those people on YouTube, which itself is a breeding ground for flaming, baiting, and trolling. I rest my case.

It's people like you give the DB fandom a bad rep.
Db fandom will have a bad rep no matter what I say so I don't get your point.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:20 am

Nokra wrote: Db fandom will have a bad rep no matter what I say so I don't get your point.
His point is watch your antagonistic attitude. And read the community guidelines while you're at it, or risk a temporary ban.
Last edited by mute_proxy on Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:20 am

Nokra wrote:
Rakurai wrote:
Nokra wrote: I'm a bane for saying what I think about the manga? Good to know the DBS anime can't be criticized to hell and back but the moment the manga is given similar treatment its sooo bad. This fandom man... :problem:
No, you're a bane for posting something with zero substance, and whose reason I can only think of is to flame those who read and enjoy the manga. You use unnecessary names like "Tracetaro" and the usual shallow "hurr durr as usual anime > manga" to flame another dumbass anime vs manga war without good reason. You're not trying to start discussion, you're trying to bash only because you're being spiteful.

As I said before, people like you are the bane of the DB fandom.
Pretty sure "Tracetaro" isn't inaccurate considering that he literally traced someone else's work. Also, its funny that the manga fanboys claim that people who prefer the anime say things like "hurr durr as usual anime>manga" when that is literally what manga fanboys were the doing for the longest time against the anime. Just look in the comment section of the older manga chapters on youtube and all you see are comments like "manga>>>>anime" or "manga is so much better than the crappy anime". The manga fanboys are basically the ones who started this "anime vs manga war" in the first place but now that everyone is finally starting to realize how flawed the manga is so everything's been flipped and the manga fanboys are scrambling to defend their lord and savior Tracetaro.
This isn't the YouTube comment section, because we actually try to have a discussion.

"Someone made a dumb comment, so I can make a dumb comment." That's not how it works. "Anime>>>Manga" is just as bad as "Manga>>>Anime." Here at kanzenshuu we expect reasoning when you present an opinion, which is something you've yet to give.

Also, Toyotaro isn't a deity to me. He is just a guy who makes a comic I like.
My explanations for the events of my favorite current manga.

DBS Manga Explained: Goku Black's Transformations

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:29 am

kudo6000 wrote: Anyways, didn't Toriyama say that the manga will continue passed the ToP arc? Therefore allowing Toyotarou to draw his own take of the film in an arc format?
Something to that effect. He said "Now then, the animated version on TV will be ending for the time being, but the very popular Dragon Ball Super comic drawn by Toyotaro (on sale now up through volume 5!) will keep on going as-is. I think there will also be story developments different from the TV show and the movie, so please look forward to that as well! I will be, too!"

They've never come right out and said Toyotaro will do a movie arc but it seems like a natural assumption that he would.
JazzMazz wrote:Well, I've been saying this for the last couple of chapters, but it can only get better from here, namely because I simply can't see myself disliking anything from here on out more than I already do.

Really hoping they nail the UI Goku vs Jiren fight. I would love for it to be an actual spectacle(something that has been sorely lacking in this tournament thus far IMO).
The Fused Zamasu fight felt like it dragged on for a really long time, but it was quite a slugfest. I'm a little worried that he's running short on time to deliver a big fight between Goku and Jiren.

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:32 am

kudo6000 wrote: Anyways, didn't Toriyama say that the manga will continue passed the ToP arc?
He did not. At the time, he mentioned the anime would be ending soon but that the manga would continue as-is... which is exactly what happened. Nothing about it going beyond the Tournament of Power. Fans inferred that based on a non-explicit (but admittedly vague) statement.

The reality is that we don't know where the manga is headed atter this, but at the very least, I would prefer not to hear some dogshit like "OMG THE MANGA GOT CANCELED" from clickbaiting Youtubers and other misinformed peeps in case it concludes after this arc.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:32 am

Nokra wrote: Db fandom will have a bad rep no matter what I say so I don't get your point.
My point is you are being part of the bad rep problem. If that's how you want to present yourself, then you should stick to YouTube or Narutoforums.
BlueBasilisk wrote:
kudo6000 wrote: Anyways, didn't Toriyama say that the manga will continue passed the ToP arc? Therefore allowing Toyotarou to draw his own take of the film in an arc format?
Something to that effect. He said "Now then, the animated version on TV will be ending for the time being, but the very popular Dragon Ball Super comic drawn by Toyotaro (on sale now up through volume 5!) will keep on going as-is. I think there will also be story developments different from the TV show and the movie, so please look forward to that as well! I will be, too!"

They've never come right out and said Toyotaro will do a movie arc but it seems like a natural assumption that he would.
I never realized the bolded until now. It means we might actually get to see Toyo's adaptation of Toriyama's Broly story.

And since Kale is confirmed LSSJ of her universe, we could be getting some interesting interactions between the two (assuming Broly is still the LSSJ of U7, which I think he will be at least in the manga). If there's anything I ever wanted out of Super, it's to explore the LSSJ lore further.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:32 am

Marlowe89 wrote:
kudo6000 wrote: Anyways, didn't Toriyama say that the manga will continue passed the ToP arc?
He did not. At the time, he mentioned the anime would be ending soon but that the manga would continue as-is... which is exactly what happened. Nothing about it going beyond the Tournament of Power. Fans inferred that based on a non-explicit (but admittedly vague) statement.

The reality is that we don't know where the manga is headed atter this, but at the very least, I would prefer not to hear some dogshit like "OMG THE MANGA GOT CANCELED" from clickbaiting Youtubers and other misinformed peeps in case it concludes after this arc.
I feel like Toyotaro will drag it out until the movie releases and then start on Broly in January.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:55 am

Nokra wrote:Pretty sure "Tracetaro" isn't inaccurate considering that he literally traced someone else's work. Also, its funny that the manga fanboys claim that people who prefer the anime say things like "hurr durr as usual anime>manga" when that is literally what manga fanboys were the doing for the longest time against the anime. Just look in the comment section of the older manga chapters on youtube and all you see are comments like "manga>>>>anime" or "manga is so much better than the crappy anime". The manga fanboys are basically the ones who started this "anime vs manga war" in the first place but now that everyone is finally starting to realize how flawed the manga is so everything's been flipped and the manga fanboys are scrambling to defend their lord and savior Tracetaro.
Regardless of whether or not you have a valid point, inflammatory language like "fanboy" and "Tracetaro" just won't fly on Kanzenshuu. This isn't Youtube, and I wouldn't exactly use Youtube's comment section as a source for anything.
Xeztin wrote:I feel like Toyotaro will drag it out until the movie releases and then start on Broly in January.
I don't know, I think he'll end this arc in November and start on Broly in December. I think this can be wrapped up in 2 chapters especially at the pace he is going right now. I think they want him to be putting out the manga version of the events around the same time the actual move comes out. Also, the manga coming out in December would serve as a promotional piece to Western audiences that don't get their release until January.

reecehoward
Beyond Newbie

Post by reecehoward » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:50 pm

JazzMazz wrote:Well, I've been saying this for the last couple of chapters, but it can only get better from here, namely because I simply can't see myself disliking anything from here on out more than I already do.

Really hoping they nail the UI Goku vs Jiren fight. I would love for it to be an actual spectacle(something that has been sorely lacking in this tournament thus far IMO).
I hope so too because currently I have extremely low expectations. When Roshi vs Jiren is the closest to visual spectacle in a post Dragonball Z arc, something is wrong...seriously wrong.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:13 pm

reecehoward wrote:

I hope so too because currently I have extremely low expectations. When Roshi vs Jiren is the closest to visual spectacle in a post Dragonball Z arc, something is wrong...seriously wrong.
What denotes a visual spectacle from your POV?
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:35 pm

LightBing wrote:Predictions for next chapter(s)?
Well, I predict the next chapter to be rushed, probably the most rushed we ever read on this promotional material, but this time will be enjoyable, with Toyotaro putting a lot of effort on the fighting choreography between Goku and Jiren, the dialogue will remain as the usual exposition dump, but the conclusion will be somewhat satisfactory.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:31 am

Rakurai wrote:
reecehoward wrote:

A fight scene with some visual intensity(unique forced perspectives, action lines around the characters to denote a big impact or fast movement, distorted character art and faces) and sense of scale to it, while also being easy to follow and accessible.

reecehoward
Beyond Newbie

Post by reecehoward » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:35 am

Rakurai wrote:
reecehoward wrote:

Anything that isn't just a flurry of generic punches, kicks, and throws. Beyond that, no one has really done anything special. No Kamehameha's, no masenko's, nothing flashy has really happened in the Top. None of the newcomers have really shown any move or technique that makes them interesting from a fightung standpoint, which is really REALLY sad as this should be the place to do that. And not just the "fOdDeR", but the main players; Kale, Caulifla, Kefla, Toppo, Jiren, Dyspo, 17...None of them have done anything particularly unique. Ironically, Roshi is the only one who has, regardless of how...questionable it was.

TKA
Advanced Regular

Post by TKA » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:49 am

reecehoward wrote:Anything that isn't just a flurry of generic punches, kicks, and throws.
I'd say this is probably the best pure fight in all of the Super mangas, animes and movies.

The Creatives who inspire me: Akira Toriyama, George Lucas, Chris Nolan, J. R. R. Tolkien and Zack Snyder

http://i.imgur.com/XAnj7Yi.jpg

You saw Batman v Superman? Is it the Ultimate Edition? No? Then you haven't seen Batman v Superman. Also, the Snyder Cut is the greatest, non-deconstructionist ensemble comic book film ever made.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:21 am

Why hasn't ultimate mission 4 been leaked anywhere yet? This manga is obviously more popular and canon but I'm surprised this isn't running close behind. It's at least fresher than the super manga where we know the broad strokes of the plot already...
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:45 am

TobyS wrote:Why hasn't ultimate mission 4 been leaked anywhere yet? This manga is obviously more popular and canon but I'm surprised this isn't running close behind. It's at least fresher than the super manga where we know the broad strokes of the plot already...
Wrong thread.
My explanations for the events of my favorite current manga.

DBS Manga Explained: Goku Black's Transformations

Nokra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nokra » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:13 am

Next chapter will hopefully end the nightmare that is toyotaros manga TOP. Hopefully he doesn't completely screw up the finale and makes it at least half as good as the godlike animes finale was.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:19 am

reecehoward wrote: Anything that isn't just a flurry of generic punches, kicks, and throws. Beyond that, no one has really done anything special. No Kamehameha's, no masenko's, nothing flashy has really happened in the Top. None of the newcomers have really shown any move or technique that makes them interesting from a fightung standpoint, which is really REALLY sad as this should be the place to do that. And not just the "fOdDeR", but the main players; Kale, Caulifla, Kefla, Toppo, Jiren, Dyspo, 17...None of them have done anything particularly unique. Ironically, Roshi is the only one who has, regardless of how...questionable it was.
We had Caulifla's atomic Kamehameha, Hit's Time Lag, Gohan's Explosive Wave, Kale's Explosive Wave, Frost's explosive attack against U9, Goku's several Kamehamehas, Kias used by various characters... I still don't understand your point. Recycling old moves doesn't amount to a visual spectacle, and certainly isn't unique.

And not to mention nicely choreographed attacks like 17 vs fodder, Goku vs Pride Troopers, Gohan vs Danger Trio, Caulifla vs Frieza, Kale vs Frieza, Kale vs Pride Troopers, the brief Kefla vs Gohan, Vegeta vs Jiren. This is eye candy I could get behind on.

Your criterion of visual spectacle is... ambiguous, to say the least.
JazzMazz wrote: A fight scene with some visual intensity(unique forced perspectives, action lines around the characters to denote a big impact or fast movement, distorted character art and faces) and sense of scale to it, while also being easy to follow and accessible.
Okay, this makes more sense. I'd peg distorted art and faces as more lacking from Toyo's art style, as he tends to draw scenes very carefully.
Last edited by Rakurai on Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:37 am

Nokra wrote:Whether tracetaro covers it or not doesn't matter since I know it'll be inferior to the anime version like always anyway.
I'm a little late, and don't want to encourage mini-modding, but... they're right. Comments like this one and your others like it are needlessly vindictive and only serve to start squabbles. I'm sure you know that's what they'll do. So please tone it down.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:46 am

TKA wrote:
reecehoward wrote:Anything that isn't just a flurry of generic punches, kicks, and throws.
I'd say this is probably the best pure fight in all of the Super mangas, animes and movies.

I absolutely love this fight and it's one of the main reasons that I favor the manga. It's tense and it's brutal.

As opposed to the anime in which "Oh boy, we get to see Zamasu firin up his lazers while he tells the Saiyans how they're fools to fight against a god and--zzzzzzzzzzzzzz"