"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Namz
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Namz » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:58 am

In the last anime episode, wasn't Beerus very worried about the warriors of the U4 for some odd reason?

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:17 am

Rusty Shackleford wrote:There seems to be an inconsistency between Shin and Vermoud's tenures.

Vermoud is stated to have been a God of Destruction for 240,000 years. Unless it was an anime only statement, Shin has had his position for over 5 million years. So how could Vermoud have been present at the hide and seek emergency summons before Shin became a Kaioshin?
Now THIS is the typical Toei/Toriyama/and as of lately Toyotaro! Inconsistencies. It's quite clear to all of us here that they have no idea how to handle their story, they keep forgetting things, they keep retconning things, and quite frankly, it's seriously starting to piss me off.
Toyotaro isn't as good as people say he is, the anime is far better. And this sort of thing just pisses me off. The guidebooks for dbz back in the day clearly stated the character's ages:
Kaioshin: 5 million years
Old Kaioshin: 75 million years

DB Super Anime: Beerus: hundreds of millions of years.

That's all fine! But now they have to bring in all this crap. Even a 5 year old could do a better job in keeping the character ages consistent. It doesn't take a genius you know...

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:30 am

When did Kaioushin say he has been one for 5 million years in the manga?

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:42 am

alakazam^ wrote:When did Kaioushin say he has been one for 5 million years in the manga?
Probably where Toriyama mention the super saiyan multipliers.

NOWHERE!!

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:59 am

Just a reminder that Toriyama designed Quitela and Sidra, both designed Helles and Vermod. That might give some clues to the story.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:09 am

Namz wrote:In the last anime episode, wasn't Beerus very worried about the warriors of the U4 for some odd reason?
Why wouldn't he be? He can't see then so they are a complete mystery to everyone apart Universe 4.

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:25 am

Noah wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:
Hakaishin Liquir wrote: Fortunately, none of this is canon to the anime.
It is, however, canon to it's own timeline
The manga timeline only, don't know why people still try to connect with the anime, they're clearly separated products.
Pannaliciour wrote:If this really is true and the mortal is from U4 than Toei is a genius letting us trick its Jiren. Respect for Toei
Are you kidding? Jiren was never built to be mortal Whis was referencing to, both he and Beerus would have said something about him, but yet they didn't. By all the matters, Universe 4 was the subject when Whis was talking about the said mortal, so there's nothing "genius" about Toei in this case.
Oke lets sum this up for you:
1)How do you know the subject is U4? Because it was in the manga? Then you believe it? It was never mention in the anime. So it could be a manga thing only and not that important at all. Or peehaps you have Toriyama's outline?? I dont think so.

2) Wow reallyy?? The intro, the one shotting the enemy, the fearness AND fightingdrill for Jiren by Goku, the disturbing energy mention by Hit, just the look of Jiren and scaring away the enemy and the spoiler saying Goku using KAIOKEN times ?? Isnt enough. And you still think they arent building him as maybe the fake "mortal"?

3)LOLL! Why would Whis and Beerus mention it? That will give a away the trick.

I for once mention "respect for Toei" and this sentence is already quote 100 times just to be attacked. For almost 2 years beeing a member here this never happend. You guys should chill down its just a cartoon. Its not neccesarry to hate the anime/Toei.

Btw cant wait for the 1 hour special to find out if Jiren is that Mortal.

What do you guys think? Will the 1 hour special reveal all the anwsers?

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:01 am

It's quite clear that the super manga and anime are two completely different continuities. There are just too many differences between the two to be considered identical.
Especially the battle against Hit in the U6 tournament arc and the battle against Black and Zamasu.
But now Toyotaro has to go and wank Beerus to the point where he could avoid the attacks of all 11 Gods of Destruction attacking together! While Geene alone by himself could/should be able to dominate Beerus with ease. I'm pretty sure the anime will make him far above Beerus. It's just one of those things that the Anime will handle far better.
And now U4 GoD Quitela has been stated to be the GoD who's stronger than Beerus, yet Vermouth seems to be a far better candidate for that. Couple that with the idea that said God of Destruction who beat Beerus in an arm wrestling match supposively had a Mortal in that universe who's even stronger,... and then you'll realise U11's GoD makes way more sense. (Jiren!)

Anime>>>>>Manga imo.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:19 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:It's quite clear that the super manga and anime are two completely different continuities. There are just too many differences between the two to be considered identical.
Especially the battle against Hit in the U6 tournament arc and the battle against Black and Zamasu.
But now Toyotaro has to go and wank Beerus to the point where he could avoid the attacks of all 11 Gods of Destruction attacking together! While Geene alone by himself could/should be able to dominate Beerus with ease. I'm pretty sure the anime will make him far above Beerus. It's just one of those things that the Anime will handle far better.
And now U4 GoD Quitela has been stated to be the GoD who's stronger than Beerus, yet Vermouth seems to be a far better candidate for that. Couple that with the idea that said God of Destruction who beat Beerus in an arm wrestling match supposively had a Mortal in that universe who's even stronger,... and then you'll realise U11's GoD makes way more sense. (Jiren!)

Anime>>>>>Manga imo.
Though you could definitely say the anime is the more thrilling of which, I think the manga has a far better and more consistent grip on the characters than the anime.

So when it comes to character writing, I could easily say Manga>anime.

JazzHands

Post by JazzHands » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:23 am

So is Beerus head and shoulders of every other god of destruction?

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:46 am

Meh who say that Gin can beat Beerus in the anime? We don't know anything. And is not even confirmed that Jiren>Gods, anyway.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:53 am

Holy shit,beerus is the strongest god toyotaro messed up :o .Told you guys to wait for translations.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:58 am

Hawk9211 wrote:Holy shit,beerus is the strongest god toyotaro messed up :o .Told you guys to wait for translations.
Again, how is this a stuff up on Toyotaro's part? I don't see anything necessarily wrong with Beerus being the strongest.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:26 am

Can people please explain to me why Beerus being the strongest or one of the strongest is bad? Why would it be better if he was weaker than some or most of them?

I truly don't understand the logic behind this. I can't imagine any positive's to the narrative, neither negatives. It actually doesn't matter unless it comes with some baggage.

Also how are people concluding the characters strength from the little we saw. It only begun and nothing conclusive happened, Beerus dodging a few Hakaishins using a super-advanced technique is perfectly reasonable.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:38 am

JazzMazz wrote:
Hawk9211 wrote:Holy shit,beerus is the strongest god toyotaro messed up :o .Told you guys to wait for translations.
Again, how is this a stuff up on Toyotaro's part? I don't see anything necessarily wrong with Beerus being the strongest.
It was actually beerus somehow soloing 11 hakaishins.But as you know this community has weird problem with head-cannons and bringing anime into manga or vice versa.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:39 am

LightBing wrote:Can people please explain to me why Beerus being the strongest or one of the strongest is bad? Why would it be better if he was weaker than some or most of them?

I truly don't understand the logic behind this. I can't imagine any positive's to the narrative, neither negatives. It actually doesn't matter unless it comes with some baggage.

Also how are people concluding the characters strength from the little we saw. It only begun and nothing conclusive happened, Beerus dodging a few Hakaishins using a super-advanced technique is perfectly reasonable.
I don't even see where Beerus is strongest, just the better fighter because he trains to fight... maybe I'm missing something??? It's like Dyspo isn't necessarily stronger than other fighters he's just faster and incorporates his speed into his move set letting him beat stronger opponents.

JazzMazz
I Live Here

Post by JazzMazz » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:41 am

Hawk9211 wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
It was actually beerus somehow soloing 11 hakaishins.But as you know this community has weird problem with head-cannons and bringing anime into manga or vice versa.
He really wasn't soloing anyone though, he was just dodging all their attacks using that instant reaction technique.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:47 am

Despite celebrating his 87,910,715 day, Vermoud is thinking of retiring as a Hakaishin soon. He brought Toppo to the summons because he's training him as his replacement.
A thought just occurred to me, was this not days of some king calendar so it does not necessarily mean earth days.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:20 am

LightBing wrote:Can people please explain to me why Beerus being the strongest or one of the strongest is bad? Why would it be better if he was weaker than some or most of them?

Beerus being one of the strongest isn't really a problem. Hell, we know he is stronger than Champa already. But him being THE strongest? When there are 10 other characters or equal rank and status introduced three stories after his introduction? I'm sorry, but that only signifies plot stagnation. It's not detrimental to the arc, but to the whole story. It cheapens the other Universes for the sake of Universe 7. Not to mention that Whis might also be the best teacher, since he taught Beerus a technique no other God has.

If Beerus is the strongest and Whis is the best teacher, then of course Goku and Vegeta will eventually emerge as top dogs. Once they surpass their masters, well, they are only second to Zeno himself. Aren't all those Universes introduced supposed to be new avenues to be explored later, for Goku to get stronger once he becomes the U7 greatest warrior? The story doesn't have to go that way and it probably won't, but in case it does, the audience still has something to look forward to.

Everybody was excited back in Battle of Gods to hear of all those new places becuase of what they meant for Goku and his story, even though it was supposed to be the final Dragon Ball thing. There was nothing up on the table after that. But it was an interesting tidbit about the world that showed once more what Toriyama intended with the ending of the manga: give the audience finality, but leave it open-ended for the characters themselves.

If Goku surpasses Beerus this arc (which never seemed more likely), and Beerus is the strongest, then that's that. Game over, nothing to see here anymore.

Also, compare it for a second with how all the other gods in this series were introduced: Karin was weaker than Kami, who was weaker than Kaio, who was the butt of the jokes among the other three Kaio, who were all beneath Grand Kaio, who himself was weaker than Kaioshin, who is weaker than Beerus who is the strongest God in the 12 Universes. Doesn't look that great, does it?

However, that said, I don't feel the manga is taking that route anyway. Sure, it keeps the bad habit of everybody introduced looking like shit at everything, compared to the main characters, but I don't feel Beerus is the strongest. Again, I fully except him to be eliminated next, since I think this is how they'll decide what 4 Universes aren't going to participate and I don't think the order in which they're presented in the anime is going to be changed (especially with Sidra going out first). So he won't end up the winner, won't end up the strongest and giving him a decent showing beforehand is welcomed.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:23 am

Pannaliciour wrote:
Noah wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:
It is, however, canon to it's own timeline
The manga timeline only, don't know why people still try to connect with the anime, they're clearly separated products.
Pannaliciour wrote:If this really is true and the mortal is from U4 than Toei is a genius letting us trick its Jiren. Respect for Toei
Are you kidding? Jiren was never built to be mortal Whis was referencing to, both he and Beerus would have said something about him, but yet they didn't. By all the matters, Universe 4 was the subject when Whis was talking about the said mortal, so there's nothing "genius" about Toei in this case.
Oke lets sum this up for you:
1)How do you know the subject is U4? Because it was in the manga? Then you believe it? It was never mention in the anime. So it could be a manga thing only and not that important at all. Or peehaps you have Toriyama's outline?? I dont think so.

2) Wow reallyy?? The intro, the one shotting the enemy, the fearness AND fightingdrill for Jiren by Goku, the disturbing energy mention by Hit, just the look of Jiren and scaring away the enemy and the spoiler saying Goku using KAIOKEN times ?? Isnt enough. And you still think they arent building him as maybe the fake "mortal"?

3)LOLL! Why would Whis and Beerus mention it? That will give a away the trick.

I for once mention "respect for Toei" and this sentence is already quote 100 times just to be attacked. For almost 2 years beeing a member here this never happend. You guys should chill down its just a cartoon. Its not neccesarry to hate the anime/Toei.

Btw cant wait for the 1 hour special to find out if Jiren is that Mortal.

What do you guys think? Will the 1 hour special reveal all the anwsers?
You're not alone. I can't wait for this special so people can shut up about Jiren being the mortal. There's even a couple of people who bet their profiles over it.

You know why they built yon jiren this arc? It's because he's the new antagonist. They have to make it clear he's the one to beat. That doesn't mean Jiren is the mortal they mentioned.
How i predict the tournament will end: