"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Abra kadabra
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Abra kadabra » Sun May 28, 2017 10:14 am

Basako wrote:
Abra kadabra wrote:
Basako wrote:
Mutated SS2 is just a fan made term used in forums. Factually, we only know it was an stronger SS2, that's all.

Nice try. The anime has its own power scaling problems. The manga has some too, but not this one.
With rage boosts now being unquantifiable, fully acceptable and permanent, I don't see how. Unless you're a hypocrite but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Name them.
I'm not a hypocrite, what is your problem? Not all power scaling powers problems are related to rage boosts, this was a very specific discussion about Vegeta's SS2. The anime has its problems and the manga has some too. Name what? I'm not gonna name anything just because you ask for it so rudely.
Okay :D

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Sun May 28, 2017 10:18 am

Abra kadabra wrote:
Basako wrote:
Abra kadabra wrote:
With rage boosts now being unquantifiable, fully acceptable and permanent, I don't see how. Unless you're a hypocrite but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Name them.
I'm not a hypocrite, what is your problem? Not all power scaling problems are related to rage boosts, this was a very specific discussion about Vegeta's SS2. The anime has its problems and the manga has some too. Name what? I'm not gonna name anything just because you ask for it so rudely.
Yeah, it's ok. There was never a problem about Vegeta being stronger than Trunks in SS2 and his first fight against Black at all. :thumbup:
Last edited by Basako on Sun May 28, 2017 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heno heno kappa!

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun May 28, 2017 10:37 am

Basako wrote:
Abra kadabra wrote:
Basako wrote:
I'm not a hypocrite, what is your problem? Not all power scaling powers problems are related to rage boosts, this was a very specific discussion about Vegeta's SS2. The anime has its problems and the manga has some too. Name what? I'm not gonna name anything just because you ask for it so rudely.
Yeah, it's ok. There was never a problem about Vegeta being stronger than Trunks in SS2 and his first fight against Black at all. :thumbup:
It sure is nice, when things end with everybody agreeing :P

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sun May 28, 2017 10:52 am

Abra kadabra wrote:
LightBing wrote:How is this Mutated SSJ2 conversation still going on?

It's unbelievable straightforward:
Vegeta becomes stronger than SSJ3 Goku. Nobody says/implies if it's permanent or not, it's literally not talked about. The next time Vegeta goes SSJ2 he shows power that tell us the previous power up become permanent. That's it.

It's like Gohan getting angry and getting very strong against Cell. Only afterwards did we get confirmation that it was permanent and that it was SSJ2.
"mutated ssj2"? If I may ask where did you pull this mutated description from?
I took it from the title of the episode when Vegeta "transforms" in Super. From what I'm aware it's not official nomenclature.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun May 28, 2017 11:41 am

Volume 3 is supposed to be released in Japan on June 2nd isn't there any images of the cover yet? A proper image too not the one barely seen at the end of the episodes. Anyone know what chapters are in it?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun May 28, 2017 11:52 am

Bullza wrote:Volume 3 is supposed to be released in Japan on June 2nd isn't there any images of the cover yet? A proper image too not the one barely seen at the end of the episodes. Anyone know what chapters are in it?
Here is the cover image for Vol 3. of the manga.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sun May 28, 2017 11:54 am

This is about the best quality I can find right now.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun May 28, 2017 12:02 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:This is about the best quality I can find right now.
Oh nice find, interesting cover. Not sure it really fits with the tone of the chapters though.

What's that writing in the red to the top left of the picture by the star say?

I'm guessing that with each of these chapters being 39 pages long that this volume will contain Chapters 16-20?

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sun May 28, 2017 12:08 pm

Bullza wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:This is about the best quality I can find right now.
Oh nice find, interesting cover. Not sure it really fits with the tone of the chapters though.

What's that writing in the red to the top left of the picture by the star say?

I'm guessing that with each of these chapters being 39 pages long that this volume will contain Chapters 16-20?
人間ゼロ計画 = Ningen Zero Keikaku = Zero Mortal Plan.
Yeah probably around that much.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sun May 28, 2017 12:52 pm

Anybody find it ironic how the ending of manga rendition of the Zamasu arc is probably going to be on the same month the arc started in the anime? And if the manga isn't going to end the month next but the month after (July), then it ends at the month the manga version of the arc started.

Chelentano
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Chelentano » Sun May 28, 2017 1:06 pm

Freeza9000 wrote:Anybody find it ironic how the ending of manga rendition of the Zamasu arc is probably going to be on the same month the arc started in the anime? And if the manga isn't going to end the month next but the month after (July), then it ends at the month the manga version of the arc started.
Curious, maybe. Ironic, not so much.
Steam profile: psn_chelentano
Xenoverse 2 characters: Rugal (female Saiyan), Salacadula (male Majin), Sleet (Freezer race)

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun May 28, 2017 4:03 pm

HeroR wrote:
Miracles wrote: Trunks still said Black was stronger than both his SSJ2 full power and Goku's SSJ3 in the anime. Same with the manga, stating he was nothing but "fodder" compared to Black. Even with his SSJ2 full power which is "near" Goku's SSJ3 strength. Despite all that, Vegeta bodies Black's Super Saiyan in the manga with his SSJ2. This proves the manga is using Vegeta's BOG movie canon SSJ2 being greater than Goku's SSJ3.
This only proves that the manga has bad scaling since the manga never implied Vegeta's Super Saiyan 2 was stronger than Trunks'. We didn't even get a line from Trunks about it other than Black should be bodying Vegeta.
Cause we saw Vegeta's SSJ2 surpass Goku's SSJ3 in the BOG movie. And the manga CONTINUES that canon plot point.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun May 28, 2017 4:15 pm

It would be interesting in the manga, we find out that King Enma did had Future Goku and the others try to stop Black and failed. It could explain why they never show up or got mention when Black was killing everyone.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun May 28, 2017 11:56 pm

Miracles wrote: Cause we saw Vegeta's SSJ2 surpass Goku's SSJ3 in the BOG movie. And the manga CONTINUES that canon plot point.
Nothing in the movie or manga suggested that he kept the power since all rage boosts in the series have been temporary. If Vegeta kept the power of that particular rage boost, the manga should have said so. It didn't.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Mon May 29, 2017 12:26 am

Now that I think about it were the gags done in chapter 17 all Toyotaro's?

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Mon May 29, 2017 1:05 am

Gog wrote:Now that I think about it were the gags done in chapter 17 all Toyotaro's?
The Mario Kart gags? Most likely. I love Beerus being a rage quitter

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Mon May 29, 2017 1:14 am

OLKv3 wrote:
Gog wrote:Now that I think about it were the gags done in chapter 17 all Toyotaro's?
The Mario Kart gags? Most likely. I love Beerus being a rage quitter
Good. Chapter 17 was the best chapter in the Zamasu saga, and the gags are the second biggest reason for that.

KidGokuDB

Post by KidGokuDB » Mon May 29, 2017 1:44 am

HeroR wrote:
Miracles wrote: Cause we saw Vegeta's SSJ2 surpass Goku's SSJ3 in the BOG movie. And the manga CONTINUES that canon plot point.
Nothing in the movie or manga suggested that he kept the power since all rage boosts in the series have been temporary. If Vegeta kept the power of that particular rage boost, the manga should have said so. It didn't.
I would not say that is entirely true if you look back at Z. Gohan going SSJ2 existed because of that sort of thing.
Last edited by KidGokuDB on Mon May 29, 2017 1:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon May 29, 2017 1:48 am

KidGokuDB wrote:
I would not say that is entirely true if you look back at Z. Gohan going SSJ2 existed because of that sort of thing.
Super Saiyan is a transformation of rage, not a rage boost. And the manga still haven't acknowelged that Vegeta kept the rage boost. All we have are posters assuming that he did because that is the only way to make sense of Vegeta beat up Super Saiyan 1/2 Black.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

KidGokuDB

Post by KidGokuDB » Mon May 29, 2017 2:34 am

HeroR wrote:
KidGokuDB wrote:
Super Saiyan is a transformation of rage, not a rage boost. And the manga still haven't acknowelged that Vegeta kept the rage boost. All we have are posters assuming that he did because that is the only way to make sense of Vegeta beat up Super Saiyan 1/2 Black.
I won't disagree on all your views with the discussion of Vegeta's SSJ2 rage boost. I think that is more assuming than anything or head cannon for others. But SSJ2 for Gohan was a culmination of his past rage boosts. Would you refuse to believe it didn't manifest into him reaching that power? DBZ drove that point home vs. Cell.