"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Spider-Man
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Spider-Man » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:56 pm

mfwlegend3 wrote:
Spider-Man wrote:Beerus being wank majikayo (seriously),The match barely started to make this statement all beerus did was evade
It's how he evaded, with ease, against several other GoD who couldn't lay in a single blow and looked surprised when he did it as if they couldn't keep up. He might as well have just yawned while doing it, too. Like I said, it makes me roll my eyes. The match may have only begun but so far I'm not liking it.
Are you aware of his training, moving and react with out thinking even then he got kicked really hard by vermoud by dodging their attacks, like I said earlier Moscow just grabbed him & one god nullify his blast,so This match is not easy for beerus through let's wait for next month if beerus stomped everyone by doing Saitama then yeah I will agree that is bad writing

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:00 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:But all that dodging is due to Whis's move without thinking training
Spider-Man wrote:Are you aware of his training, moving and react with out thinking even then he got kicked really hard by vermoud by dodging their attacks
I'm seeing the people who are defending this bring up that "battle method."

Why is it that none of the other GoD have mastered that, if that's the case? Is it a method only exclusive to GoD who train under Whis? If so, why would it be only exclusive to him in the first place? Even if Beerus has in fact perfected it, then Whis should have mentioned chapters ago when he was teaching Goku and Beerus, "Not even Beerus-sama and the other God of Destruction have mastered this." But even THEN, it would be bullshit that none of the other 11 GoD know of this method.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:03 pm

mfwlegend3 wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:But all that dodging is due to Whis's move without thinking training
Spider-Man wrote:Are you aware of his training, moving and react with out thinking even then he got kicked really hard by vermoud by dodging their attacks

Why is it that none of the other GoD have mastered that, if that's the case? Is it a method only exclusive to GoD who train under Whis? If so, why would it be only exclusive to him in the first place? Even if Beerus has in fact perfected it, then Whis should have mentioned chapters ago when he was teaching Goku and Beerus, "Not even Beerus-sama and the other God of Destruction have mastered this." But even THEN, it would be bullshit that none of the other 11 GoD know of this method.
It's flat out mentioned in the chapter that he's doing the Whis method, but he hasn't perfected it and that's how he gets caught
Of course you'd know that if you looked it up or waited until translations
Not to mention, this was just the warm up phase, and the true battle starts next month. But nah, keep saying "lol Beerus easily solo'd the gods!" and spread that to the community.

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:04 pm

OLKv3 wrote:It's flat out mentioned in the chapter that he's doing the Whis method,
If so, why would it be only exclusive to him in the first place? Even if Beerus has in fact perfected it, then Whis should have mentioned chapters ago when he was teaching Goku and Beerus, "Not even Beerus-sama and the other God of Destruction have mastered this." But even THEN, it would be bullshit that none of the other 11 GoD know of this method.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:06 pm

mfwlegend3 wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:It's flat out mentioned in the chapter that he's doing the Whis method,
See
If so, why would it be only exclusive to him in the first place? Even if Beerus has in fact perfected it, then Whis should have mentioned chapters ago when he was teaching Goku and Beerus, "Not even Beerus-sama and the other God of Destruction have mastered this." But even THEN, it would be bullshit that none of the other 11 GoD know of this method.
Seeing as the battle has just started, you don't even know if the other GoDs know the technique or not
And Beerus definitely won't be winning this battle royal, since the battle royal is determining what universes will be in the ToP
You're overreacting, which is the norm for this fanbase. Wait until the battle is over before making such claims

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:06 pm

mfwlegend3 wrote:

As it stands it is somthing only Whis teachs and thats not in anyway odd given that King Kai teachs the Kaio-ken, Kami teach's ki sensing or Roshi teaching turtle style. Its Whis's branch of training, and the other gods not knowing it is is no differen the the crane school teaching people to fly and the turtle school not doing so.

Also Beerus has not perfected as he ends up right in Mosco's hands and is force to used all 4 limbs to break free, another sign that he's not a great deal stronger then the other gods.

also from the small traslations I've read its even in the chapter itself as the explinastion.

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:08 pm

OLKv3 wrote:
mfwlegend3 wrote:

It's flat out mentioned in the chapter that he's doing the Whis method, but he hasn't perfected it and that's how he gets caught
Of course you'd know that if you looked it up or waited until translations
Not to mention, this was just the warm up phase, and the true battle starts next month. But nah, keep saying "lol Beerus easily solo'd the gods!" and spread that to the community.
Thanks you,see people need to read the translation before making statement like these, and every angel have different methods of fighting, like the master of db

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:12 pm

OLKv3 wrote:Seeing as the battle has just started, you don't even know if the other GoDs know the technique or not
So either they know it, and just can't keep up with him, or they don't know it because, reasons? I suppose they're just holding back on Beerus, then.
Lord Frieza wrote:As it stands it is somthing only Whis teachs
Its Whis's branch of training, and the other gods not knowing it
This is so much headcanon, it hurts. Show me a panel where Whis says that no other angels are capable of this training method, it doesn't exist. And even if it did, it's bad writing and obviously wanking for Beerus.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:18 pm

mfwlegend3 wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:Seeing as the battle has just started, you don't even know if the other GoDs know the technique or not
So either they know it, and just can't keep up with him, or they don't know it because, reasons? I suppose they're just holding back on Beerus, then.
Lord Frieza wrote:As it stands it is somthing only Whis teachs
Its Whis's branch of training, and the other gods not knowing it
This is so much headcanon, it hurts. Show me a panel where Whis says that no other angels are capable of this training method, it doesn't exist. And even if it did, it's bad writing and obviously wanking for Beerus.
Thats not head cannon its logic.

EVERY SINGLE MATIAL ARTS MASTER IN DRAGON BALL TEACHS THEIR OWN STYLE OF FIGHTING. ROASHI AND CRANE DESPITE HAVEING THE SAME MASTER PRACTISE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT STYLES. CRANE SCHOOL DONT USE KAMEHAMEHA AND TURTLE SCHOOL DONT US KIKOHO. WHY WOULD WHIS'S TEACHINGS BE ANY DIFFERENT?

and dont just start shouting headcannon if you dont have a real counter argument please.

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:27 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:Thats not head cannon its logic.
If you're claiming this method is exclusive to Whis, which has never been confirmed in the manga nor in the anime, it's headcanon. Like I said, the very fact it's exclusive to Whis (if that even was the case), and not any other angels who train GoD who are "mightier than Beerus", it's bad writing and obvious wank.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:30 pm

mfwlegend3 wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:Thats not head cannon its logic.
If you're claiming this method is exclusive to Whis, which has never been confirmed in the manga nor in the anime, it's headcanon. Like I said, the very fact it's exclusive to Whis, and not any other angels who train GoD who are "mightier than Beerus", it's bad writing and obvious wank.
So by your logic, Roshi not knowning any Crane school techniques is bad writinging?

I'm not claming anything, I've made a logicul theory based on evidence from past teachers in the series. Your's is an ironus blanket statment based soley on your opinion.

Edit: and befor you say that I clamed anything again I started my statment with "As it stands" and if the other gods dont know it that further evidence to back up my theory.

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:34 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:So by your logic, Roshi not knowning any Crane school techniques is bad writinging?
You're holding the same standards you hold to a human martial arts master to an angel whose sole purpose is to be an attendant and teacher to a God of Destruction.

And even then, you have yet to show me proof that this method is only exclusive to Whis and not something among the rest of the angels who train their own GoD. So, it's headcanon. You're grasping at straws.

Edit: .... You just admitted this is your theory, but then you claimed it's not headcanon and that it's logic? What....?

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:37 pm

mfwlegend3 wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:So by your logic, Roshi not knowning any Crane school techniques is bad writinging?
You're holding the same standards you hold to a human martial arts master to an angel whose sole purpose is to be an attendant and teacher to a God of Destruction.

And even then, you have yet to show me proof that this method is only exclusive to Whis and not something among the rest of the angels who train their own GoD. So, it's headcanon. You're grasping at straws.
King Kai, East Kai, Gran Kai, Old Kai.....

Yeah I'm totaly grabbing at starw :roll:. Sorry but your really the on resurting to that as you'd much rather try and pick appart my word then give any logical counter.

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:40 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:Yeah I'm totaly grabbing at starw :roll:.
Yes, you really are. You're asserting the fact those past characters have an ability that no other god is shown to half to Whis and Beerus against 11 other angels and gods of destruction. It's headcanon, as you even said; a theory. As I said before, even if that were the case, the very fact that these two have a method that could put them over all 11 other GoD, who Beerus claimed some to be even mightier than him in BoG, is bad writing.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:40 pm

mfwlegend3 wrote:
Edit: .... You just admitted this is your theory, but then you claimed it's not headcanon and that it's logic? What....?
Are picking apart word again I see.

A theory is something based on evidence which I have and have spoken of and you have not given a good counter to.

Headcannon is a void in the story were no logical explinastion exists and has no prior examples to fill it and so fans fill in the blanks with their own ideas.
Last edited by Lord Frieza on Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:43 pm

mfwlegend3 wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:Yeah I'm totaly grabbing at starw :roll:.
Yes, you really are. You're asserting the fact those past characters have an ability that no other god is shown to half to Whis and Beerus against 11 other angels and gods of destruction. It's headcanon, as you even said; a theory. As I said before, even if that were the case, the very fact that these two have a method that could put them over all 11 other GoD, who Beerus claimed some to be even mightier than him in BoG, is bad writing.

And in this very chapter Quitela has already given evidence that he IS stronger since he beat Beerus at arm wrestling "a test of strength". Sidra blocked is attack with little effert and Mosco forced him to use all his limbs to eescape. So were were is all this stuff the diffnitivly proves Beerus is the strongest please?

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:48 pm

Reacting without thinking doesn't strike me as being that complex of a concept that high-level fighters wouldn't know it's a possibility. Besides, that looks more like a defensive ability so that's why the others wouldn't have shown it since they were attacking.

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:50 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:Are picking apart word again I see.
What? No, really, what? You just admitted it yourself that your arguments have been nothing but one big theory...
and if the other gods dont know it that further evidence to back up my theory.
Headcannon is a void in the story were no logical explinastion exists and has no prior examples to fill it and so fans fill in the blanks with their own ideas.
Which is exactly what you have been doing this entire time. You're claiming that it's a method exclusive to Whis. I ask you to show proof of Whis confirming this, you give none and continue to justify something that's nonexistent to the fact that other characters, in the past, have their own methods of training that no other gods have.
So were were is all this stuff the diffnitivly proves Beerus is the strongest please?
Where, in all of my posts, have I claimed Beerus is the strongest GoD when we have no confirmation on that whatsoever? In my first post, I complained that I didn't like it how Beerus effortlessly dodged attacks from several GoD. This was followed with you justifying it by saying Beerus is using Whis' method. I counter that by saying it's bullshit that none of the other GoD - 11 at that, know this method, or at the very least, weren't able to keep up with his speed. Not a single one.

Really, reread the past posts and your own.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:52 pm

alakazam^ wrote:Reacting without thinking doesn't strike me as being that complex of a concept that high-level fighters wouldn't know it's a possibility. Besides, that looks more like a defensive ability so that's why the others wouldn't have shown it since they were attacking.
ANd thats why I said as it stands, thank you for actually replying like a logical human with a resable counter argument.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:52 pm

mfwlegend3 wrote:

For starters, we don't even know if the other Gods of Destructions care about getting stronger or about that method. Who says that they even still train? All we know is that Whis trains Beerus and that's a method they've been talking about CONSISTENTLY in both the manga and anime. Why people are complaining about THIS and not about Roshi or any other blatant issues in the series I do not know.

This is one thing that makes a lot of sense and people want to complain about it.
How i predict the tournament will end: