"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:28 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I don't think I will ever tire of seeing Toppo dick kicking Super Saiyan Blue Goku Vegeta style. It's the most spontaneously hilarious awesome moment that Toyotaro has produced so far with the manga.
You know what makes it really great? Toppo's tiny little legs.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:34 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:I don't think I will ever tire of seeing Toppo dick kicking Super Saiyan Blue Goku Vegeta style. It's the most spontaneously hilarious awesome moment that Toyotaro has produced so far with the manga.
You know what makes it really great? Toppo's tiny little legs.
His legs actually look much larger in that image. :P

Namz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Namz » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:51 pm

Well, Jiren being stronger than Belmod doesn't say much. This god is lame.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:58 pm

Been a while since I've thought 'Damn, this manga chapter looks good' Translations can't come soon enough. Thank fuck that the God fight doesn't feel as a generic and boring as last chapter, actually feels different than your usual fight.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

supersaiyan1993

Post by supersaiyan1993 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:25 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
supersaiyan1993 wrote:so a mastered ssb is weaker than toppo. guess now is the perfect time to introduce kaioken in the manga.
I'm not sure about that.

Actually, now that the SSB is dominated and does not waste so much energy, it would be possible to combine it with the Kaioken.

But as in the anime, this would create an abyss of difference between Goku and Vegeta. And we know that Vegeta would never learn the Kaioken, so that difference of power would not be overcome by the prince of the Saiyans.

In manga, at least he's on the same level as his rival, and that's good.
Even if Goku surpasses him, Vegeta reaches him again
Even if Goku does pull out Kaioken here it'll just be surpassed by Ultra Instinct in short order.
kaioken could serve as gokus trump card in the manga instead of the spirit bomb. in the manga kaioken could be something really risky if he used it with super saiyan blue and it forces goku past his limits. so in otherwords it could be one off thing just to reach ultra instinct.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:30 pm

Love the Volume cover, but personally I think it's too spoilery showing both SSG Vegeta and Rose just like that (ok maybe not so much Rose) :shh:

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:33 pm

supersaiyan1993 wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
I'm not sure about that.

Actually, now that the SSB is dominated and does not waste so much energy, it would be possible to combine it with the Kaioken.

But as in the anime, this would create an abyss of difference between Goku and Vegeta. And we know that Vegeta would never learn the Kaioken, so that difference of power would not be overcome by the prince of the Saiyans.

In manga, at least he's on the same level as his rival, and that's good.
Even if Goku surpasses him, Vegeta reaches him again
Even if Goku does pull out Kaioken here it'll just be surpassed by Ultra Instinct in short order.
kaioken could serve as gokus trump card in the manga instead of the spirit bomb. in the manga kaioken could be something really risky if he used it with super saiyan blue and it forces goku past his limits. so in otherwords it could be one off thing just to reach ultra instinct.
Attempting to use the kaioken and almost killing him would be pretty great a make a bit more sense actually. I'm not a fan of using it, but if he attempts and its not successful it would actually make the 90% chance of wrecking myself seem real.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:36 pm

HeroR wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
Yeah, in the anime its like "We bout to see a great match!" but soon after you see Jiren stopping those SSJG fists with his fingers is the moment where things go south like "... whats going on..." steps on his back "ayt... this aint a match.. this is a damn one sided beatdown, Toppo... this is more than your gray friend being stronger than you"and after Goku getting his ass whooped the whole atmosphere gives you a different kind of "excitement" while in the manga you'll already expect those things to happen, just that you'll experience them from the get go. I really like how both of them are putting different scenarios taking full advantage on bare bone outlines that are both fun to read/watch, literally like a roller coaster.
I likened it to a RPG. You fight what people called a supposedly hard boss without trying, do well, and you think 'well, that was lackluster'. Then the game builds up another character who is better and you roll your eyes since you fought the supposed other strong boss easily. You then cruised along, stomping the other bosses in the game with little trouble and almost no grinding, you then reached the hyped up boss, and find out.....you're severely under-level and over your head.
But there's no end to the reviews which complain about poor game balance for later bosses particularly in RPGs where they don't add unique mechanics and just increase the HP and damage dealt. That's kinda what Jiren is.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:44 pm

The best part about this setup is it basically takes they strongest guy they have and takes him down which paves the way for other very strong fighters from other universes rather than a bunch of fodder getting eliminated. I would think it would be extremely interested in they actually ended up with some of the fewest eliminations rather than the most.

This also makes people like Krillin start to sh*t their pants and just hope they don't get accidentally killed.
It also makes Goku's desperation to recruit Frieza much easier to swallow and why he would be the best choice.
They would need someone at Golden Frieza's level in a very short amount of time.
Plus we know that teamwork is really going to actually be critical instead of everyone just flying off at the start of the match.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:59 pm

BTW at least Jiren is in both a strong mofo.

Still doesn't explain the Whis part in the anime... Or is Vermouth in the anime stronger than Beerus and Jiren even above him?

Or fucking holy shit will U4 Damom will still have some upper hax

Namz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Namz » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:18 pm

Would be nice that Beerus himself trained Goku and Vegeta in the chamber of time.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:19 pm

supersaiyan1993 wrote:so a mastered ssb is weaker than toppo. guess now is the perfect time to introduce kaioken in the manga.
Actually it's the perfect time to introduce Super Saiyan Blue 2 :)
JulieYBM wrote:I'd prefer not. The Kaiou-ken was a terrible idea to bring back because it separated Vegeta and Gokuu too much, to say nothing of Gokuu from anyone else. Gokuu and Vegeta's counter should instead be on putting into practice the principles of the Mastery of Self-Movement, which culminates in Gokuu awakening his new form mid-tournament.
Well, they could have Vegeta to grow his tail back. I would love to see a Blue Oozaru Vegeta :D though that only would measure with KKx10 + SSJB Goku
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:21 pm

I absolutely love how each version set up Jiren. The manga sets him up as a way of further complicating things for Goku since if he couldn't even take Toppo, how does he ever hope to tango with Jiren of all people?

With the anime, Jiren is presented as that mystery and Jim being a shock factor legitimately worked considering a good portion of he fanbase legit didn't think he was that much above Toppo. Plus the fact that many thought he wasn't this Mortal in the Hakaishin domain of power made it even better for when he bodies SSBKKx20 Goku and Hitto and even fights evenly with UI all with seemingly minimal effort. Both the anime and manga are going about it their own way and I've really been enjoying it so far.

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:34 pm

So, Gods are all relative to each other more or less and Jiren is above to Vermoud only in terms of battle power, it seems.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:07 pm

I was thinking about how they could have the destroyers be playable in XV3 as they didn't do much in the anime but it looks like they have enough to work with if they use the manga as their main source.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:12 pm

Its weird to see Beerus getting beat like that. Its kind of sad knowing how strong he appears.

Hahah I like the Clown God tricking the grand priest.

Speaking of wich, I am so curious about "mortal that a GOD cant defeat" in combination with the armwrestling. The connection between them.

Apart of the clown god ( not going all out) these gods appears evenly match all. So if Jiren> clow god than Jiren > all gods?

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:20 pm

Is there a separate image for Volume 4 and do we know what chapters it covers?

Namz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Namz » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:39 pm

Pannaliciour wrote:Its weird to see Beerus getting beat like that. Its kind of sad knowing how strong he appears.
Not as sad as seeing how the Priest stopped him with one finger.

GhoulEto

Post by GhoulEto » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:56 pm

What a disappointment ... Now I feel 0 hype for the gods I hope and put them stronger in the anime.
And apparently in less than 1 chapter all are already on the floor tired ...

I feel that Toyotaro is very rushed, puts to fight to the gods and the fight lasts 5 min, I do not know if it wants to reach the anime, well, it should take all the time of the world that in 29 chapters Already going to enter the 3rd saga ..

and I understand that it changes things, if it were equal to the anime would not sell anything, it is even selling very little to be DB
Last edited by GhoulEto on Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

GhoulEto

Post by GhoulEto » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:04 pm

emperior wrote:His reveal about Jiren being even stronger than him is much more dramatic, and overall executed better than what the anime did.
The revelation was 10 times better in the anime, in the middle of a genkidama with the same god saying, here only said and already