"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by TheOne » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:20 pm

LightBing wrote:The 28 planet line is in. :x

Just what exactly was Sorbet having trouble dealing with. How small was exactly Freeza's empire? There's so many problems with this line.
Read my signature as to why I think they both the anime and manga say 28 planets. I don’t think it’s a farfetched and is a reasonable solution to everything.
How i predict the tournament will end:

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:40 pm

Meshack wrote:It wasn’t said it was divided specifically to four galaxies. Ginga is what is used but the Japanese don’t really show plural forms of words so it could have been more than four galaxies even during when Toriyama introduced Kaioh and the others.

Maybe I wanted to respond to the last line of your point because I had nothing to say about the other stuff...? And what editing are you talking about?
I still don't get it, this four galaxies divisions thing were stated in the Daizenshuu, right? So how it could be more than four?

With editing I mean delete all the part is not related to your reply, which not only helps visually avoiding unnecessary big quotes in the actual page but also avoid other users from getting unneeded notifications.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Analytical Delusion
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytical Delusion » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:16 pm

Somebody in another thread reminded me of something...

So in the previous chapter, we saw Toppo activate his 'god ki'. Do you guys think we'll see something similar from the other god-level fighters (Jiren/Hit/Kefla/Freeza, maybe Dyspo and Ribrianne) in the Tournament of Power? Or is it unique to him as a God of Destruction in training?

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:10 pm

Noah wrote:
Meshack wrote:It wasn’t said it was divided specifically to four galaxies. Ginga is what is used but the Japanese don’t really show plural forms of words so it could have been more than four galaxies even during when Toriyama introduced Kaioh and the others.

Maybe I wanted to respond to the last line of your point because I had nothing to say about the other stuff...? And what editing are you talking about?
I still don't get it, this four galaxies divisions thing were stated in the Daizenshuu, right? So how it could be more than four?

With editing I mean delete all the part is not related to your reply, which not only helps visually avoiding unnecessary big quotes in the actual page but also avoid other users from getting unneeded notifications.
If it wasn’t in the original manga then Toriyama can change whatever he wants

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:30 pm

pacz360 wrote:I dont get the superman/jiren comparisons neither are really similar in character :problem:
Anyways the arc is running to march so it aint like anime jiren character won't be shown a bit more during the time like his fight with hit
Apparently, anyone acting like a classic western super hero is Superman.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:45 pm

Meshack wrote:If it wasn’t in the original manga then Toriyama can change whatever he wants
Sure, but it's on a official guide signed by him, so he's just contradicting his own material, but whatever how this 'Only 28 inhabited planets in the whole U7' sounds stupid, I hope they release a Super guide explaining this more further.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:14 am

HeroR wrote:
pacz360 wrote:I dont get the superman/jiren comparisons neither are really similar in character :problem:
Anyways the arc is running to march so it aint like anime jiren character won't be shown a bit more during the time like his fight with hit
To be fair, any shonen protag acting like a cheerful, carefree idiot is Goku

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:44 am

Totamo wrote:
HeroR wrote:
To be fair, any shonen protag acting like a cheerful, carefree idiot is Goku
Not true. Gokuh is the same throughout the series. He has made some character development but is overall the same. Luffy from One Piece is similar to Gokuh but has made progression throughout his journey and experiences. Gokuh has barely learned to stay on his guard recently. He still struggles to defeat his opponenet as quickly as possible. He has the flaw of dragging his battles for his own enjoyment which is a huge flaw but it’s Gokuh. Luffy uses his battle to see how his opponenets fights and counterattacks and tries to end it quickly but has obstacles.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:29 am

Meshack wrote: Not true. Gokuh is the same throughout the series. He has made some character development but is overall the same. Luffy from One Piece is similar to Gokuh but has made progression throughout his journey and experiences. Gokuh has barely learned to stay on his guard recently. He still struggles to defeat his opponenet as quickly as possible. He has the flaw of dragging his battles for his own enjoyment which is a huge flaw but it’s Gokuh. Luffy uses his battle to see how his opponenets fights and counterattacks and tries to end it quickly but has obstacles.
As someone who reads One Piece, Luffy hadn't made that much progressed. He's still a careless blowhard who tends to bit off more than he chew as seen in WCI.

Also, Goku dragging out the battle isn't really presented as a character flaw, just a quirk, and he's hardly the only one to drop his guard at odd times. Just this past episode the had Vegeta and Piccolo do it.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

avasatu
Beyond Newbie

Post by avasatu » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:44 am

Manga Jiren doesn't look as good, and talks too much already. I vastly prefer the anime Jiren, though I do dislike the lack of exposition on Jiren's backstory in the anime, which the manga appears to already have begun tackling.

Lupin879
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lupin879 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:29 am

this is just a theory but I first read the twenty-six chapter and when they start masi says something pilaf.
pilaf "Tell me one last time, what happened to me in the future?"
mvai: "a right you do not know what's waiting for you to think that you'll end up like that"
pilaf "what exactly does it happen?"
maybe he will come back old?

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:57 am

1. Was Belmod one of the last remnants in the Battle Royale between the GoDs? [/quote]
Technically,yes.
2. Common shonen trope
Common trope used to show power.
3. Like Saiyans couldn't do the same if given a proper suit to breath in space?
The most impressive thing about that is it is a feat even if it can't be calculated.Dragon ball lacks feats.Ignoring that,one can infer since U11 is 5th highest developed universe and pride troopers seem to be universal force by their potrayal,the ships are capable of going from one galaxy to another in a short amount of time.
avasatu wrote:Manga Jiren doesn't look as good, and talks too much already. I vastly prefer the anime Jiren, though I do dislike the lack of exposition on Jiren's backstory in the anime, which the manga appears to already have begun tackling.
So,far he even has not initiated a discussion by himself,only answering other people.
HeroR wrote:
Meshack wrote: Not true. Gokuh is the same throughout the series. He has made some character development but is overall the same. Luffy from One Piece is similar to Gokuh but has made progression throughout his journey and experiences. Gokuh has barely learned to stay on his guard recently. He still struggles to defeat his opponenet as quickly as possible. He has the flaw of dragging his battles for his own enjoyment which is a huge flaw but it’s Gokuh. Luffy uses his battle to see how his opponenets fights and counterattacks and tries to end it quickly but has obstacles.
As someone who reads One Piece, Luffy hadn't made that much progressed. He's still a careless blowhard who tends to bit off more than he chew as seen in WCI.

Also, Goku dragging out the battle isn't really presented as a character flaw, just a quirk, and he's hardly the only one to drop his guard at odd times. Just this past episode the had Vegeta and Piccolo do it.
^^^^^
Noah wrote:

Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:53 am

Hawk9211 wrote:1. Was Belmod one of the last remnants in the Battle Royale between the GoDs?
Technically,yes.
2. Common shonen trope
The most impressive thing about that is it is a feat even if it can't be calculated.Dragon ball lacks feats.Ignoring that,one can infer since U11 is 5th highest developed universe and pride troopers seem to be universal force by their potrayal,the ships are capable of going from one galaxy to another in a short amount of time.
avasatu wrote:Manga Jiren doesn't look as good, and talks too much already. I vastly prefer the anime Jiren, though I do dislike the lack of exposition on Jiren's backstory in the anime, which the manga appears to already have begun tackling.
So,far he even has not initiated a discussion by himself,only answering other people.
HeroR wrote:

^^^^^
Noah wrote:

Image[/quote]
not really true

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:59 am

pacz360 wrote:
Hawk9211 wrote:1. Was Belmod one of the last remnants in the Battle Royale between the GoDs?
Technically,yes.
2. Common shonen trope
HeroR wrote:

^^^^^
Noah wrote:

not really true[/quote]
Outside of zeno,there isn't even an on panel star busting feat.If we discount super manga,there isn't even moon busting with pure physical strength.Outside of god and angels,there is not a single quantifiable ftl feat.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:54 pm

I like that Manga Jiren is more vocal, and pretty much has my thought process when it comes to universal genocide.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:11 pm

I haven`t been following the Super Manga but how did they handled the picking characters for the U7 Team? Did they outright mention Tenshinhan? Mention Yamcha at all?
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:33 pm

TheOne wrote:

Just what exactly was Sorbet having trouble dealing with. How small was exactly Freeza's empire? There's so many problems with this line.
Read my signature as to why I think they both the anime and manga say 28 planets. I don’t think it’s a farfetched and is a reasonable solution to everything.
It's very much possible, it wouldn't be a bad solution.
You don't really need to shrink the Universe to 28 planets to accommodate this. It's a Universe it's supposed to be huge there's no need to create space.

I have to say, this seems like the very straightforward line of reasoning Mr.Toriyama would apply.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:41 pm

TheOne wrote:

The problem is we have no idea what a reasonable number would be to keep it from being crowded. If the average were say 100 mortal planets consolidating them into a single universe would make it several times more crowded than the other universes.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:43 pm

Olympian wrote:I haven`t been following the Super Manga but how did they handled the picking characters for the U7 Team? Did they outright mention Tenshinhan? Mention Yamcha at all?
All of the member were suggested,i think there is no mention of yamcha,i will give you more info once we get an english translation.Here the page of tien being mentioned[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
FoolsGil wrote:I like that Manga Jiren is more vocal, and pretty much has my thought process when it comes to universal genocide.
I also liked that,i'm really suprised none of the pride trooper in the anime had this reaction.
Lupin879 wrote:this is just a theory but I first read the twenty-six chapter and when they start masi says something pilaf.
pilaf "Tell me one last time, what happened to me in the future?"
mvai: "a right you do not know what's waiting for you to think that you'll end up like that"
pilaf "what exactly does it happen?"
maybe he will come back old?
I think she is just playing with pilaf,that is how i see it.
Mostly active on discord.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:37 pm

TheMikado wrote:The problem is we have no idea what a reasonable number would be to keep it from being crowded. If the average were say 100 mortal planets consolidating them into a single universe would make it several times more crowded than the other universes.
Even a single galaxy is so vast that 700 extra planets should make no noticeable difference, let alone an entire universe with multiple galaxies.