"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:44 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:Even a single galaxy is so vast that 700 extra planets should make no noticeable difference, let alone an entire universe with multiple galaxies.
Maybe we could say Universe 7 is the only one divided by galaxies? Even so 7 planets per galaxy don't sound much right.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:01 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
TheMikado wrote:The problem is we have no idea what a reasonable number would be to keep it from being crowded. If the average were say 100 mortal planets consolidating them into a single universe would make it several times more crowded than the other universes.
Even a single galaxy is so vast that 700 extra planets should make no noticeable difference, let alone an entire universe with multiple galaxies.
What exactly makes you think these galaxies are so vast?

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:58 pm

The gr wrote: All of the member were suggested,i think there is no mention of yamcha,i will give you more info once we get an english translation.Here the page of tien being mentioned[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Hey, that`s pretty cool, it makes more sense characters we know are among the most powerful being outright mentioned. I`ll try to catch up but if you spot the Yamcha reference spoil me away :D
Last edited by Olympian on Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:18 pm

I like that Vegeta is wearing a similar outfit he wore in EoZ.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:21 pm

Olympian wrote: Hey, that`s pretty cool, it makes more sense characters we know are among the most powerful being outright mentioned. I`ll try to catch up but if you spot the Yamcha reference spoil me away :D
Your welcome :thumbup: also if you want to read the Top manga,it starts in chapter 27 through the first chapter wasn't that good imo,things really pick up in 28.
Mostly active on discord.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:22 pm

They don't mention Gohan right ? I wonder if he'll be the last to eat chosen as a surprise.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:31 pm

TheMikado wrote:
TheOne wrote:
LightBing wrote:The 28 planet line is in. :x

Just what exactly was Sorbet having trouble dealing with. How small was exactly Freeza's empire? There's so many problems with this line.
Read my signature as to why I think they both the anime and manga say 28 planets. I don’t think it’s a farfetched and is a reasonable solution to everything.
The problem is we have no idea what a reasonable number would be to keep it from being crowded. If the average were say 100 mortal planets consolidating them into a single universe would make it several times more crowded than the other universes.
True, but I don’t think Toei would think that deeply about it. Just like future Trunks ending had a wtf moment in it, the lack of space argument could be used as a wtf moment as well.
How i predict the tournament will end:

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:15 pm

The gr wrote:
Olympian wrote: Hey, that`s pretty cool, it makes more sense characters we know are among the most powerful being outright mentioned. I`ll try to catch up but if you spot the Yamcha reference spoil me away :D
Your welcome :thumbup: also if you want to read the Top manga,it starts in chapter 27 through the first chapter wasn't that good imo,things really pick up in 28.
Will do :clap: :thumbup:
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:44 pm

Still think it's dumb that Roshi is even considered to be on the team when he wasnt even asked to train at Kami's for the Sayain Attack or by Goku for the androids. But then again, Roshi was there at RoF so I guess Goku must have noticed that or something. But it was also dumb to have Roshi show up in RoF so...yeah. :problem:
(Yes, still salty about Roshi over Yamcha two times in a row :p)

Even though Roshi's episodes in the ToP were some of the best, I still have a problem with that major power increase. Hopefully Toyo handles him well.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:57 pm

The_Destroyer wrote:Still think it's dumb that Roshi is even considered to be on the team when he wasnt even asked to train at Kami's for the Sayain Attack or by Goku for the androids. But then again, Roshi was there at RoF so I guess Goku must have noticed that or something. But it was also dumb to have Roshi show up in RoF so...yeah. :problem:
(Yes, still salty about Roshi over Yamcha two times in a row :p)

Even though Roshi's episodes in the ToP were some of the best, I still have a problem with that major power increase. Hopefully Toyo handles him well.
As TOEI basically said...Blame Toriyama! :lol:

Namz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Namz » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:15 pm

Even if Toyotaro had wanted to get rid of the Roshi nonsense probably Toriyama would have forbid it lol

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:42 pm

Olympian wrote:
Update I saw the chapter in English in YouTube and yamcha is not mentioned,at least the joke is not here.
kinisking wrote:They don't mention Gohan right ? I wonder if he'll be the last to eat chosen as a surprise.
Vegeta was the one who suggested gohan, Goku is the only one who doubted this saying he is not into fighting, he is in the team since vegeta denied Goten and trunks.
    Looks like toyotaro is trying to a build a goku vs gohan with goku being suprised by his amazing power since the previous saga mentioned gohan was training in the gravity machine.

Pannaliciour
    OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:23 pm

Just read the manga (english). Wow is nobody going to mention how stupid Goku is. He is even stupider then in the anime. I like the interaction with Beerus.

Noah
    Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:50 pm

Pannaliciour wrote:Just read the manga (english). Wow is nobody going to mention how stupid Goku is. He is even stupider then in the anime.
    Care to further elaborate that?
    乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Olympian
    Regular

Post by Olympian » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:05 pm

The gr wrote:
    Olympian wrote:
    Update I saw the chapter in English in YouTube and yamcha is not mentioned,at least the joke is not here.
    kinisking wrote:They don't mention Gohan right ? I wonder if he'll be the last to eat chosen as a surprise.
    Vegeta was the one who suggested gohan, Goku is the only one who doubted this saying he is not into fighting, he is in the team since vegeta denied Goten and trunks.
      Looks like toyotaro is trying to a build a goku vs gohan with goku being suprised by his amazing power since the previous saga mentioned gohan was training in the gravity machine.
      Weird about Gohan. Was the whole team taken care of that chapter or is the spot search still continuing?
      Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

fadeddreams5
      Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:44 am

Wow. The start of the ToP arc has been amazing in the manga. In one chapter, we know more about Jiren and his ideals than in every episode we've had in Super thus far. Immediately a more interesting character. He really is like Superman.
      "Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

OLKv3
      I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:34 am

Noah wrote:
      OLKv3 wrote:
      Noah wrote:Like how? He didn't have any impressive feat in this chapter, also could you change your avatar, please? People are mistaking you with Chuquita

1. He's confirmed stronger than Belmod in the manga
      2. He easily one shotted the beast that was giving his team trouble
      3. He's so fast he can outperform their spaceships and flies from planet to planet super fast

How is he not looking impressive? His post saying he looks like some weakling chump and you defending that are just silly

1. Was Belmod one of the last remnants in the Battle Royale between the GoDs?
      2. Common shonen trope
      3. Like Saiyans couldn't do the same if given a proper suit to breath in space?

LightBing wrote:The 28 planet line is in. :x
      Could you guys explain what was the problem with this? I remember this being disscussed a lot in the beginning of the arc in the anime, but I don't remember why now... Is it another Super plot hole?
      Yes Belmod was. He was the only one healthy too.
      You're now making up things to dismiss it, none of your points make him look weak at all

The_Destroyer
      Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:44 am

The gr wrote:
      Olympian wrote:
        If they go that route with Gohan, then that'd be fantastic. So much better than a pep talk from Piccolo taking him to SSB tier.

emperior
        I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:20 am

Chapter 30

A very good chapter once again! Toyotaro is on a streak lately! I like Goku's reaction to Jiren being stronger than Belmod, it really shows just how thirsty of battles Goku is. The average mortal rating is well explained, unlike the anime which left it a little confusionary, and the Gods' reaction to the erasure thing was well done. The interactions were on-point in this chapter, and Toyotaro gave a much better meaning to the Super Dragon Balls being the prize. Grand Priest directly asking Champa for the 3 he gathered was better than how the anime played the thing.

I'm really curious to see what Jiren's wish is and how Toyotaro will handle 17, Freeza and Gohan, and the tournament itself. He can definitely surpass the anime, it should be easier to depict the battle royale in a manga format. Right now I would say Toyotaro's version is a little better than the anime's, although the two are quite similar and both have their strengths and weaknesses.
        悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

The gr
        I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:41 am

Olympian wrote: Weird about Gohan. Was the whole team taken care of that chapter or is the spot search still continuing?
        The spot search begin with goku going for krillin first like the anime.
        The_Destroyer wrote: If they go that route with Gohan, then that'd be fantastic. So much better than a pep talk from Piccolo taking him to SSB tier.
        I'm not sure him training in the gravity machine will make him ssb tier,he will just have ss2 then piccolo will be the trigger for ultimate.
          The manga has really changed hasn't it,toyotaro is started to not playing it safe and is incoparating a lot of interesting elements,u11 is the example and his battle are really dynamic as of late,this more like it,i really wish he done this earlier,i'm guessing toriyama recent interview is the one made toyotaro to spice thing up in the manga.