"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by prince212 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:31 pm

OLKv3 wrote:
prince212 wrote:Now that I think about it .... the truth is that , from the eyes of people living on earth, super time is a peaceful time , in fact the last war time that humans from earth remember is cell time ... doesn’t matter if our protagonist have battles going on , so the narration of peaceful time on earth is still coherent... If they give some time to goku between t.o.p arc and e.o.z to be bored and don’t find people to fight with , ubb training still can fit on super
Freeza blew up an entire city during RoF. They definitely remember that
Ok .. that’s not in the manga , I didn’t remember that . But anyways , I just re-read chapters 518 and 519 (e.o.z).
Not too much info ,they don’t said the 10year gap after buu was peaceful, it’s just implied that goku is being waiting years for ubb, that bulma didn’t meet goku in 5 years and ... that’s all about it ... so it won’t be a big deal to connect dbs and e.o.z .
Nothing determinat , I thought it was more clear , but after reading it again ... not a biggie at all
Concerning dates in dbs ... chapter 31 ...right before t.o.p began they talk about 10 years of cell defeat .. and buu was 7 years later than cell .. so ..dbs dates are not that bad , still 7-6-5 years to e.o.z .. in the manga , looks like .So ..again not a biggie
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:51 pm

prince212 wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:
prince212 wrote:Now that I think about it .... the truth is that , from the eyes of people living on earth, super time is a peaceful time , in fact the last war time that humans from earth remember is cell time ... doesn’t matter if our protagonist have battles going on , so the narration of peaceful time on earth is still coherent... If they give some time to goku between t.o.p arc and e.o.z to be bored and don’t find people to fight with , ubb training still can fit on super
Freeza blew up an entire city during RoF. They definitely remember that
Ok .. that’s not in the manga , I didn’t remember that . But anyways , I just re-read chapters 518 and 519 (e.o.z).
Not too much info ,they don’t said the 10year gap after buu was peaceful, it’s just implied that goku is being waiting years for ubb, that bulma didn’t meet goku in 5 years and ... that’s all about it ... so it won’t be a big deal to connect dbs and e.o.z .
Nothing determinat , I thought it was more clear , but after reading it again ... not a biggie at all
Concerning dates in dbs ... chapter 31 ...right before t.o.p began they talk about 10 years of cell defeat .. and buu was 7 years later than cell .. so ..dbs dates are not that bad , still 7-6-5 years to e.o.z .. in the manga , looks like .So ..again not a biggie
The manga for RoF isn't in continuity for DBS.
The 10 years of peace thing has been retconned.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:09 pm

OLKv3 wrote:
prince212 wrote:
OLKv3 wrote: Freeza blew up an entire city during RoF. They definitely remember that
I’m talking about manga . Go read chapters 518 and 519 of dragon ball e.o.z and tell me where they talked about 10years of peace , I didn’t find it

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:25 pm

prince212 wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:
prince212 wrote: Ok .. that’s not in the manga , I didn’t remember that . But anyways , I just re-read chapters 518 and 519 (e.o.z).
I’m talking about manga . Go read chapters 518 and 519 of dragon ball e.o.z and tell me where they talked about 10years of peace , I didn’t find it
Oh yeah you're right, narration never mentioned that, they simply said the world is at peace now

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:47 pm

OLKv3 wrote:
prince212 wrote:
OLKv3 wrote: The manga for RoF isn't in continuity for DBS.
Oh yeah you're right, narration never mentioned that, they simply said the world is at peace now
Not even that I found... the only retcon I saw is pan age . She’s 4 according to the referee in e.o.z tournament .. to match that with super and chapter 31 .. she’s supposed to be 7 in e.o.z or not be born in super yet ...
Not a biggie .
I think toyo tried to fix it the better he could considering that they used pan in b.o.g movie and bulma was there too .. so 5 years goku and bulma don’t see each other and pan being 4 years old at e.o.z is the point where they screwed.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:17 pm

Am I wrong for thinking this stuff with Trunks and Goten is more interesting than the tournament

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:21 pm

So we got a bonus chapter focused on what Trunks and Goten were up to during the tournament. It's rather Interesting to say the least, here's a translation from Herms. https://mobile.twitter.com/Herms98/stat ... 7769030656

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:23 pm

CriticalThinker wrote:So we got a bonus chapter focused on what Trunks and Goten were up to during the tournament. It's rather Interesting to say the least, here's a translation from Herms. https://mobile.twitter.com/Herms98/stat ... 7769030656
When I thought the manga couldn't get worse.

Wow...

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:28 pm

CriticalThinker wrote:So we got a bonus chapter focused on what Trunks and Goten were up to during the tournament. It's rather Interesting to say the least, here's a translation from Herms. https://mobile.twitter.com/Herms98/stat ... 7769030656
That's a rather serious detail to be forgetting, isn't it!?

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:35 pm

Man, I love the manga. And I love that Toyotaro did something like this. Makes sense too. Cell did say the Juniors have ALL his powers, and Gohan didn't exactly atomize their noggins like he did with Cell.

I imagine training with 7 Cell-tier beings is how 17 got so strong.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:36 pm

ZombieVito wrote:
When I thought the manga couldn't get worse.

Wow...
What's the problem here, it's at least a good headcanon for #17 uber power :lol: he was using RPG logic, defeating the same enemy over and over until he get a new level.
    On a side note the kids are not as strong as cell since the Jr's were toying with them.
    Last edited by The gr on Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Mostly active on discord.

ShaggyBlanco
    Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaggyBlanco » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:38 pm

I always thought the Cell Jrs should be able to regenerate since Cell came back after having his entire torso blown off, it's a cool Bonus Chapter but I don't see why Goten and Trunks would need to be there with 7 Cell Jrs to protect the island
    Also glad Toyo finally said what MIR means

CriticalThinker
    Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:40 pm

I'm not sure wether or not I like or dislike the return of the Cell juniors. It's just that of all the things you could have had Trunks and Goten fight you make them fight the cell juniors, really? I dunno I guess with Broly coming back anything is possible now. Wonder if the chapter is considered canon or not.

Doctor.
    Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:52 pm

Gohan's only noteworthy lifetime achievement, taken away.

Good riddance.

Spider-Man
    Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:52 pm

Man I wish to saw that in the anime and is pretty cool that they explained the MIR in #17 shirt.
    Last edited by Spider-Man on Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShaggyBlanco
    Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaggyBlanco » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:54 pm

Doctor. wrote:Gohan's only noteworthy lifetime achievement, taken away.

Good riddance.
    After knowing he's the reason for Trunks to be on another timeline I gotta agree

BlueBasilisk
    I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:56 pm

Wait a second...
    17 tamed the Cell Jrs.
    17 has adopted kids.
    :think:

The gr
    I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:58 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:Wait a second...
    17 tamed the Cell Jrs.
    17 has adopted kids.
    :think:
    Not likely since #17 tamed other monster in the island although that would be hilarious.
    Doctor. wrote:Gohan's only noteworthy lifetime achievement, taken away.

Good riddance.
    I mean he is the Saiyan with the most potential oh wait Caulifla did it already :problem:.
    Mostly active on discord.

Marlowe89
    Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:09 pm

>actual explanation for 'MIR'
    >details of what the kids did while on the island
    >decent match-ups for Goten and Trunks
    >possible at-least-partial reason for 17's strength

God bless Toyotaro.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:16 pm

Is the bonus chapter taking up this months chapter or is it an actual bonus chapter as in the ToP chapter is still coming out?