"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:16 pm

dragon boss z wrote:Is the bonus chapter taking up this months chapter or is it an actual bonus chapter as in the ToP chapter is still coming out?
From what I understand it's a little extra for Jump Victory Carnival.

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:20 am

ZombieVito wrote:
CriticalThinker wrote:So we got a bonus chapter focused on what Trunks and Goten were up to during the tournament. It's rather Interesting to say the least, here's a translation from Herms. https://mobile.twitter.com/Herms98/stat ... 7769030656
When I thought the manga couldn't get worse.

Wow...
Just when I thought the manga couldn't get any better.
Doctor. wrote:Gohan's only noteworthy lifetime achievement, taken away.

Good riddance.
If only Gohan had defeated Vegeta and Cell, then he would have done something noteworthy.
My explanations for the events of my favorite current manga.

DBS Manga Explained: Goku Black's Transformations

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:55 am

It all makes sense if you ignore the fact that none of the Z warriors picked up multiple Cell level powers throughout the years :/
How i predict the tournament will end:

Dragono
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragono » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:55 am

Part of me wants to call this really stupid, mostly because cell jr's could have revived they would have done it there and can't they guys sense energy.

But then the other part of me is like, at least goten and trunks get something to do.

so 80/20.

Dragono
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragono » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:56 am

TheOne wrote:It all makes sense if you ignore the fact that none of the Z warriors picked up multiple Cell level powers throughout the years :/
Just do that, Goten and trunks get to do something.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:01 am

Man, even that had to bring back an enemy from the past.

Dragono
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragono » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:03 am

Good riddance.
It still boggles my mind that toriyama thought the cell saga was the arc to make gohan the main character, he did so little there.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:03 am

Good stuff this bonus chapter , having sense and explaining unknow things .
I guess M.i.R is toyos idea , when he made that poster 2 years ago or so , the drawing that he re-use as the cover of volume 6.
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:07 am

TheOne wrote:It all makes sense if you ignore the fact that none of the Z warriors picked up multiple Cell level powers throughout the years :/
To be fair, it wasn't exactly a real fight so much as a quick skirmish that ended almost as soon as it began.

The boys must've felt more relieved than ever.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:21 am

So is it fully translated somewhere or do you have to cross reference the manga and Herm's translations?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:51 am

Good riddance.
All that's left is to show Cell survived somehow and he'll be forgotten forever. :twisted: :lol:

I wonder if this is some foreshadowing for the future ? like how Kale was for Broly.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:55 am

Marlowe89 wrote:
To be fair, it wasn't exactly a real fight so much as a quick skirmish that ended almost as soon as it began.

The boys must've felt more relieved than ever.
I actually wish it would’ve went on a little longer. Even Tien and Yamcha were able to trade blows for a second with the Cell Jrs. I partially see it as a lost opportunity to see how they would’ve faired against them. It wouldn’t of been much, but it could’ve been something to help gauge where they’re at now.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:56 am

Dragono wrote:
Just do that, Goten and trunks get to do something.
Yeah. I’ve learned to do that a lot throughout the Super series.

I still think they’ll get their chance to shine in the future.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:32 am

It's confirmed! No. 17 got stronger by training with the Cell Jrs. In the chapter, Klilyn realized how No. 17 got so strong after mentioning he forgot to tell Trunks and Goten about the Cell Jrs.

https://twitter.com/Cipher_db/status/10 ... 3577023490

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:30 am

Meshack wrote:It's confirmed! No. 17 got stronger by training with the Cell Jrs. In the chapter, Klilyn realized how No. 17 got so strong after mentioning he forgot to tell Trunks and Goten about the Cell Jrs.

https://twitter.com/Cipher_db/status/10 ... 3577023490
Thank god it wasn’t just because he was dealing with poachers. Now this is much easier to swallow.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:37 am

- DBS manga bonus chapter-

This Cell Jr stuff doesn't make any sense, even if if they had all the abilities Cell has.

- First off, Cell isn't like Buu. He can only regenerate as long as the core in his head is not destroyed and thus the biggest plot hole of this franchise was born, when Goku destroyed his upper part with a kamehameha. No head - No core - No regeneration - Cell is dead - Goku won.

- Second, I'm pretty sure Gohan destroyed most Cell Jrs heads.

- Third, why nobody from the main cast sensed their ki?!

- Fourth, assuming for some plot hole reason they could regenerate, all of them should have gotten zenkais like Cell got. If so, why they wouldn't attack Gohan together with Cell back then?! Things would become troublesome.

But yeah, C17 got stronger by training with Cell Jrs. Let's revive more villains. It's like that was the only way for C17 to get stronger...
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:39 am

CriticalThinker wrote:So we got a bonus chapter focused on what Trunks and Goten were up to during the tournament. It's rather Interesting to say the least, here's a translation from Herms. https://mobile.twitter.com/Herms98/stat ... 7769030656
I'm sorry but this sounds like a fanfiction more than anything I have seen from the DBS Anime

If this happened in the anime I bet lots of people would be complaining right now, but since it happened in the manga it's perfectly fine because the manga is flawless

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:52 am

DestructoDisc wrote:
I'm sorry but this sounds like a fanfiction more than anything I have seen from the DBS Anime

If this happened in the anime I bet lots of people would be complaining right now, but since it happened in the manga it's perfectly fine because the manga is flawless
Enough with the negativity. Just be grateful we actually got to see some Goten and Trunks action along with the reason for 17's boost in strength. Ugh.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:09 am

DestructoDisc wrote:

It certainly sounds like the most "fanficy" type stuff I have seen. Of course, it is pretty bad but that is status quo for the manga. Although it is better than nothing

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:19 am

#17 calls them fake Cell Juniors because he found those 7 on the island, they look exactly like the ones we know and they're maybe as strong as them. The narration then talks about Cell being able to regenerate if his nucleus is intact and that, if the Cell Juniors had the same ability, these ones might be the real thing. However, "you can choose on what you believe in".

Also, it wasn't "confirmed" that was how #17 got so strong. Kuririn put 2 and 2 together but we don't know if his conclusion equals 4 or 5.

No idea why people are freaking out about a throwaway gag chapter.