"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kinisking
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by kinisking » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:04 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Boo Machine wrote:Sure, But is it one of those things where a character does it first so other characters can't do that same? Does others doing it make Gohan less special? I feel like at this point no one can Get angry then put up a better fight because people want that to be a Gohan only thing. But "rage" isn't the Kaioken , a move/ transformation/ technique that only one character knows.

I know Gohan was the only one who did it in the original, and I'm not even saying it's not cheap, but I'm still not seeing why no one else can benefit from rage. With the Goku vs Black situation I struggle to see what else Goku could have done. Not get angry but somehow start fighting better anyway? Or get angry then get one shot?
It IS one of those things, otherwise, everyone would've been copying Gohan right and left because why wouldn't you want a boost that skyrockets your power every time you get angry. Fuck, Vegeta would be unstoppable with such a thing but it's very clear that Gohan's rage is part of him tapping into his hidden potential, something that's inherently unique to him like how Piccolo's regeneration is unique to him too.

How about you write it so Vegeta and Trunks get in there, give Goku a Senzu then have Goku use KK to fight, at least that's an established way he can power up instead of a random rage boost he's never gotten before and probably never will again cause Super logic demands it.
To be fair, when was the last time we've seen Goku rage besides for against Freeza? I think him rage boosting is perfectly fine in that scene.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:12 pm

kinisking wrote:To be fair, when was the last time we've seen Goku rage besides for against Freeza? I think him rage boosting is perfectly fine in that scene.
He rages against Tambourine and it does nothing. Giving him a rage boost can easily be replaced by him forcing his body into a KK and trying desperately to smash Black and Zamasu, permanent damage be damned. It would show just how willing he is to get revenge and make more in-universe sense.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:13 pm

The gr wrote:
Noah wrote:But on-topic: Gosh, how ridiculous is that Zamasu knows who Zeno is, as Freeza9000 pointed this makes him looks like a complete idiot by thinking he could get way with this or maybe the idiot is Zeno himself for not being aware of some prick killing all Gods and doing nothing. This arc is the best we had in Super so far, but gosh, so many flaws...
Zeno don't care about the other 12:god of destruction,as matter fact he don't care for anyone,is that really hard to grasp
Well then, why Zamasu would be worried then?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

MyNiggaGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MyNiggaGoku » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:19 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:Just noticed that Toyotaro increased the page count again. He's only a few pages shy of what Toriyama's monthly output was.
I was pleasantly surprised when I noticed the increase.He must have realised the limitations 1 monthly chapter restricts him to.Although he's not obliged to catch up with the anime,he surely won't like his manga to be too far behind.
My Dragon Ball Super 'Canon'

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:16 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
Noah wrote:This was a good chapter for sure, Goku actually having a good point about time travels as TheMikado said was one of the highlights. Is that hard for the anime making his character more like his manga counterpart?
Because Toei needs to make Goku more like Luffy.
luffy was based off of goku, my friend. toei is just bringing out the parts that luffy was brought

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:46 pm

Noah wrote:
The gr wrote:
Noah wrote:But on-topic: Gosh, how ridiculous is that Zamasu knows who Zeno is, as Freeza9000 pointed this makes him looks like a complete idiot by thinking he could get way with this or maybe the idiot is Zeno himself for not being aware of some prick killing all Gods and doing nothing. This arc is the best we had in Super so far, but gosh, so many flaws...
Zeno don't care about the other 12:god of destruction,as matter fact he don't care for anyone,is that really hard to grasp
Well then, why Zamasu would be worried then?
Well maybe zamasu don't know Zeno very well,or maybe he questioning that one day,Zeno will know
    and gowasu is the biggest loser in this arc, Goku black pull a Kylo Ren in this chapter,he died 3 times in this arc and ramos the u10 god of destruction also died 3 time,the worst part is he died three time by the same person.R.I.P gowasu he drank tea and said zamasu
    Mostly active on discord.

TheUltimateNinja
    I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:07 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
    TheUltimateNinja wrote:
    dbgtFO wrote: In any case he said he would be completed 24 years from the time he faced Piccolo and since he came from age 788, that means the actual age, the Cell arc takes place in is 764 and not 767, as it is officially.
    Wait a minute, this makes no sense. Wouldn't we end up in Age 767 regardless just by counting the number of years since the start of Z?
    You will have to show me what you mean.
    In any case Trunks realizing Cell came from Age 788 is the only time a specific year is mentioned and where all the dates logically derive from by counting backwards using the limited and at times contradictory information.
    So Goku was born 2-3 years earlier than we were told?

Grimlock
    Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:17 am

TheUltimateNinja wrote:So Goku was born 2-3 years earlier than we were told?
    I don't think Goku's birthdate has anything to do with this, but since Dragon Ball Minus came into existance, his birth year might have been changed. You can still say he was born in AGE 737 but you'll have to think that Gine rounded it up. If you take Gine's words by literal then he was born in AGE 736.
    We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

TheUltimateNinja
    I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:26 am

Grimlock wrote:
    TheUltimateNinja wrote:So Goku was born 2-3 years earlier than we were told?
    I don't think Goku's birthdate has anything to do with this, but since Dragon Ball Minus came into existance, his birth year might have been changed. You can still say he was born in AGE 737 but you'll have to think that Gine rounded it up. If you take Gine's words by literal then he was born in AGE 736.
    Yes it does, if his birth year is Age 736-737, the Cell Games have to take place in Age 766 at the very least. He was 12 by the time of the 21st Budokai, 15 in the 22nd and 18 in the 23rd. Then he started Z off at ~24 and was ~27 when he returned to Earth after the Freeza arc, and finally he was 30 at the time of the Cell Arc.

Grimlock
    Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:33 am

If you take Goku's birthdate as AGE 736 all you have to do is adding up his actual age by just 1. Then, we can come into the conclusion that Goku met Bulma before him turning 13 (of course, if you choose to do this, you'll have to ignore Goku's birth month, which is something I'd recommend, mainly if we talk about Bulma's birthdate. When you ignore months given in the guides, everything gets easier). Goku's age by being born in AGE 736 doesn't impact the future that much.

But as I said, you can always think that Gine rounded it up, thus making his birth year in AGE 737, which is probably the best way to go by.
    We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

TheUltimateNinja
    I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:29 am

Grimlock wrote:If you take Goku's birthdate as AGE 736 all you have to do is adding up his actual age by just 1. Then, we can come into the conclusion that Goku met Bulma before him turning 13 (of course, if you choose to do this, you'll have to ignore Goku's birth month, which is something I'd recommend, mainly if we talk about Bulma's birthdate. When you ignore months given in the guides, everything gets easier). Goku's age by being born in AGE 736 doesn't impact the future that much.

But as I said, you can always think that Gine rounded it up, thus making his birth year in AGE 737, which is probably the best way to go by.
    But how does that change anything about the date of the Cell Games? It should still be 767 as far as I can tell, I don't see how this somehow changes it to 764.

TheUltimateNinja
    I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:19 pm

Wait, I've found a way to deduce SSRose/SSBlue's multiplier. We just have to find out how much Vegeta powered up from his RoSAT training.

Because Pre-RoSAT he was getting thrashed by SSJ2 Black, and now Post-RoSAT he's presumably going to give SSRose Black a beatdown like in the anime.

What this means is that the gap between SSJ2 and SSRose/SSBlue must be less than the boost Vegeta got from training in the RoSAT.

DBZ Macky
    Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:29 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:Wait, I've found a way to deduce SSRose/SSBlue's multiplier. We just have to find out how much Vegeta powered up from his RoSAT training.

Because Pre-RoSAT he was getting thrashed by SSJ2 Black, and now Post-RoSAT he's presumably going to give SSRose Black a beatdown like in the anime.

What this means is that the gap between SSJ2 and SSRose/SSBlue must be less than the boost Vegeta got from training in the RoSAT.
    So that would mean that SSB= SS2 x Plot?
    I think the multiplier of Blue should be kept vague for now, or else it'd ruin the suspense.
    Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

TheUltimateNinja
    I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:42 pm

DBZ Macky wrote:
    TheUltimateNinja wrote:Wait, I've found a way to deduce SSRose/SSBlue's multiplier. We just have to find out how much Vegeta powered up from his RoSAT training.

I think the multiplier of Blue should be kept vague for now, or else it'd ruin the suspense.
    I remembered something else: Black also got approximately the same boost, he went from getting wrecked by SSJ2 Vegeta to wrecking SSBlue Vegeta in the same form.

The largest Zenkai in the series was Goku getting a ~30x boost while he was in the healing pod and the largest RoSAT boost in the series was Gohan becoming ~20x stronger. Therefore we can conclude that the gap between SSJ2 and SSBlue is less than 20x.

Sora Saiyan
    Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:11 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
    DBZ Macky wrote:

I remembered something else: Black also got approximately the same boost, he went from getting wrecked by SSJ2 Vegeta to wrecking SSBlue Vegeta in the same form.

The largest Zenkai in the series was Goku getting a ~30x boost while he was in the healing pod and the largest RoSAT boost in the series was Gohan becoming ~20x stronger. Therefore we can conclude that the gap between SSJ2 and SSBlue is less than 20x.
    Dude, I'd just leave the scaling in Super because it's truly all over the place. The gap between Blue and SSJ2 seems to be big, but not ridiculous (Vegeta), or absolutely crazy (Goku).
    We now have SSJR > SSJ2 Black (Zenkai) > SSJB Vegeta/SSJB Goku > SSJ2 Vegeta > SSJ Black > Base Black > SSJ3 Goku > SSJ2 Trunks > SSJ2 Goku. There is truly no sense here, but that's what it's like for the time being.

Lord Frieza
    I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:23 pm

Ok finally read the chapter.

I can't help but feel that I wish we could fuse the manga and the anime. While both are good it feels to me that were the anime shines then manga drops the ball but also vice versa.

The the last chapters really not as good as the manga but this chapter really out dose the the anime in story telling. The idea that the timelines are getting out of sink is great as well as Shin and Gowasu taking it upon themselves try and help.

My favorite part is with Gowasu and Black, given how he acts Black is listening to Gowasu and maybe somewhere deep down he wishs it could all go back to the way it was. Because Black/Zamasu's evil is born of a warped desired for justice and order, there was some good there once. But its also far too late for that now, while part of him may feel that way and he may even entertain the idea, Black has be consumed by his darkness and madness. He cannot change his path anymore.It makes him that little bit more complex.

It also dose wonders for Gowasu's character, he really dose care for his pupil and just wants him to understand and be good again.

ekrolo2
    Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:28 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:Ok finally read the chapter.

I can't help but feel that I wish we could fuse the manga and the anime. While both are good it feels to me that were the anime shines then manga drops the ball but also vice versa.

The the last chapters really not as good as the manga but this chapter really out dose the the anime in story telling. The idea that the timelines are getting out of sink is great as well as Shin and Gowasu taking it upon themselves try and help.

My favorite part is with Gowasu and Black, given how he acts Black is listening to Gowasu and maybe somewhere deep down he wishs it could all go back to the way it was. Because Black/Zamasu's evil is born of a warped desired for justice and order, there was some good there once. But its also far too late for that now, while part of him may feel that way and he may even entertain the idea, Black has be consumed by his darkness and madness. He cannot change his path anymore.It makes him that little bit more complex.

It also dose wonders for Gowasu's character, he really dose care for his pupil and just wants him to understand and be good again.
    I think the best part about the conversation is that Gowasu isn't trying to lecture Black or speak his usual platitudes of "Gods can only do this!" but he's admitting blame for this too and is appealing to his ex-pupil like a person. A lot of times these scenarios with the master trying to appeal to his rogue apprentice just amount to the master spewing his usual gargon at them and expecting it to somehow work.

I also like the fact we didn't get the mother of all cliches by having Black momentarily say yes only to notice Shin, Trunks and Mai then say "I knew it! You tried to trick me!". When I saw the three of them show up there, I was so worried it was going to go there....
    When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

MyNiggaGoku
    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MyNiggaGoku » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:34 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:I can't help but feel that I wish we could fuse the manga and the anime. While both are good it feels to me that were the anime shines then manga drops the ball but also vice versa.
    Dragon Ball Super ends ( both the manga & the anime ).Some time passes and Dragon Ball Super Kai is announced,which will be a mix of the manga & the anime following the same outline its predecessors did.Perfect animation/art style,improved story telling & passable power scaling.*Then I wake up
    My Dragon Ball Super 'Canon'

Alee9977
    OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Alee9977 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:31 pm

Toyotaro is doing a great job with this arc, I'm really looking forward to Goku's rage if it happens here.
    Thank god Toei is going to work with Toyo for this arc, he can develop Toriyama's ideas waay better than Toei.

Zeru14
    Beyond Newbie

Post by Zeru14 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:56 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
    Lord Frieza wrote:Ok finally read the chapter.

I think the best part about the conversation is that Gowasu isn't trying to lecture Black or speak his usual platitudes of "Gods can only do this!" but he's admitting blame for this too and is appealing to his ex-pupil like a person. A lot of times these scenarios with the master trying to appeal to his rogue apprentice just amount to the master spewing his usual gargon at them and expecting it to somehow work.

I also like the fact we didn't get the mother of all cliches by having Black momentarily say yes only to notice Shin, Trunks and Mai then say "I knew it! You tried to trick me!". When I saw the three of them show up there, I was so worried it was going to go there....
    I'm also glad Toyo unlike Toei made the Supreme Kai's play a more active role, and not just have them show up only for the Potara fusion. One thing I noted is that in this chapter Future Zamasu and Black stated that the only planet they attacked so far is Earth, that means that New Namek and their Dragonballs are still intact.