"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:15 pm

sintzu wrote: Another thing is that they might not ever use fusion again and if they do it won't be for a very long time so hopefully they'll do it right this time.
I wouldn't be surprised if Super's final arc ends with another Vegetto fight, this time they find a bullshit loophole in the rule by fusing while in Blue form.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:18 pm

Something that is bugging me: the purpose of turning ssjg to ssjb over and over again. It just doesn't make any sense to me. Its a nice concept if you do it once, and finishing your opponent in one try (like goku vs hit). But by doing it constantly, Black should have figured this out.

I just can't believe this concept is a stamina-solving strategy. Vegeta as a SSJB from the start is always >>>>> vegeta as a ssjg transforming in to ssjb, multiple times (Stamina-wise). Especially addressing by Whis in the manga that transforming in SSJB multiple time effects your stamina.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:38 pm

Kanassa wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Super's final arc ends with another Vegetto fight, this time they find a bullshit loophole in the rule by fusing while in Blue form.
If they separate after an hour then it won't matter which form they'll use.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:00 pm

Pannaliciour wrote:Something that is bugging me: the purpose of turning ssjg to ssjb over and over again. It just doesn't make any sense to me. Its a nice concept if you do it once, and finishing your opponent in one try (like goku vs hit). But by doing it constantly, Black should have figured this out.

I just can't believe this concept is a stamina-solving strategy. Vegeta as a SSJB from the start is always >>>>> vegeta as a ssjg transforming in to ssjb, multiple times (Stamina-wise). Especially addressing by Whis in the manga that transforming in SSJB multiple time effects your stamina.
Goku says that Vegeta trained, so he can keep transforming quickly and not losing stamina from it. If Vegeta stays on SSB, his stamina will drain quicker than if he stays in SSG and transforms to SSB when he is attacking.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:18 pm

Here are some cool pics from toyoraro [spoiler]Image Image[/spoiler]This guy really like vermoud,he use that pic he draw as his avatar for his Twitter, and he use that pic for this month v jump issue
Mostly active on discord.

Lupin879
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lupin879 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:38 am

The manga has many plot hole.

So I hope they explain, but I do not think they will. The Supreme Kai no longer have healing powers when they are Kaioshin. Zamasu is both Kaioshin both server and maintains both their privileges?

Does not work.

Supreme Kai has never had the instant trasmission but now in the manga he has this power? In Majin Buu saga he teleports but only thanks to Kibith.

In anime Beerus can kill one in every time, but he can not kill Black, because this is acasual thanks to the ring. It's all OK.

In the manga, this is not clear.
Then Goku and Vegeta could travel to another time so if they were killed by Black did not die but their death would create an alternate reality.

In the manga SSB loses power if one turns over again and again. But they do not pass this defect over three years in rosat but Vegeta overcomes the defect in a bit 'of time

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:43 am

Lupin879 wrote:The manga has many plot hole.

So I hope they explain, but I do not think they will. The Supreme Kai no longer have healing powers when they are Kaioshin. Zamasu is both Kaioshin both server and maintains both their privileges?

Does not work.

Supreme Kai has never had the instant trasmission but now in the manga he has this power? In Majin Buu saga he teleports but only thanks to Kibith.

In anime Beerus can kill one in every time, but he can not kill Black, because this is acasual thanks to the ring. It's all OK.

Then Goku and Vegeta could travel to another time so if they were killed by Black did not die but their death would create an alternate reality.

In the manga SSB loses power if one turns over again and again. But they do not pass this defect over three years in rosat but Vegeta overcomes the defect in a bit 'of time
Kaioshin could always teleport, if even says it in the daizenshuu (?).

We never learnt if the servants lose the healing powers if they become Kaioshin. Zamasu is a unique case.

Vegeta had a whole year to train to stabilize SSB. The characters have always had larger gains during times of violence than times of peace.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Lupin879
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lupin879 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:28 am

kinisking wrote:
Lupin879 wrote:The manga has many plot hole.

Does not work.

Kaioshin could always teleport, if even says it in the daizenshuu (?).

We never learnt if the servants lose the healing powers if they become Kaioshin. Zamasu is a unique case.

Vegeta had a whole year to train to stabilize SSB. The characters have always had larger gains during times of violence than times of peace.
Gowasu said only before

Lupin879
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lupin879 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:28 am

Kaioshin can not teleport only Kibitoshi

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:12 pm

Sandubadear wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Something that is bugging me: the purpose of turning ssjg to ssjb over and over again. It just doesn't make any sense to me. Its a nice concept if you do it once, and finishing your opponent in one try (like goku vs hit). But by doing it constantly, Black should have figured this out.

Goku says that Vegeta trained, so he can keep transforming quickly and not losing stamina from it. If Vegeta stays on SSB, his stamina will drain quicker than if he stays in SSG and transforms to SSB when he is attacking.
So the better question is why not train to master ssjb instead of training to transform from ssjg to ssjb multiple time?

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:59 pm

Pannaliciour wrote:
Sandubadear wrote:

So the better question is why not train to master ssjb instead of training to transform from ssjg to ssjb multiple time?
Maybe mastering SSB would've taken too long. Maybe switching back and forth as actually more efficient. Too many unknowns to properly answer.
Retired.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:07 pm

The gr wrote:Here are some cool pics from toyoraro [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Could that be Earth from Universe 11? :think:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:28 pm

Lupin879 wrote:1. The Supreme Kai no longer have healing powers when they are Kaioshin. Zamasu is both Kaioshin both server and maintains both their privileges?

2. Supreme Kai has never had the instant trasmission but now in the manga he has this power? In Majin Buu saga he teleports but only thanks to Kibith.

3. In anime Beerus can kill one in every time, but he can not kill Black, because this is acasual thanks to the ring. It's all OK. In the manga, this is not clear.

4. Then Goku and Vegeta could travel to another time so if they were killed by Black did not die but their death would create an alternate reality.

5. In the manga SSB loses power if one turns over again and again. But they do not pass this defect over three years in rosat but Vegeta overcomes the defect in a bit 'of time
1. Zamasu is not an actual Kaioshin, he just took the potara and called himself god after Black killed Gowasu.

2. The kai-kai has been retconned. It is stated in guidebooks, and the anime for Super has this as well. Because this change exists in both the anime and manga (and guidebooks), it's possible that this change was created by Toriyama and there's nothing that the anime/manga could explain.

3. Black doesn't wear the ring in the manga. He is able to stay in the parallel future without it. In the anime, they make it seem like Black should die once they kill the Zamasu from their timeline, but the manga doesn't give this impression.

4. If Goku and Vegeta died in Trunks' timeline, that would not create a parallel world. Zamasu's death created a parallel world because the future version of him had gone to the future, and due to a visit from Trunks, was killed before those events could unfold. The only way Goku and Vegeta dying would create a parallel world would be if someone went back in time to kill them.

5. In the three years, they were simply trying to become stronger. Super Saiyan Blue is something that is unnatural and didn't exist until Goku/Vegeta discovered it, so it's not unreasonable that they might spend 3 years with it but still not master it. When Vegeta went in by himself, he had that previous experience and was working solely on overcoming this weakness.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:27 pm

Lupin879 wrote:Kaioshin can not teleport only Kibitoshi
Shin can teleport, he teleports Goku and Whis to Zen'os planet at the beginning of the Trunks arc.
batistabus wrote:
Lupin879 wrote:2. Supreme Kai has never had the instant trasmission but now in the manga he has this power? In Majin Buu saga he teleports but only thanks to Kibith.
2. The kai-kai has been retconned. It is stated in guidebooks, and the anime for Super has this as well. Because this change exists in both the anime and manga (and guidebooks), it's possible that this change was created by Toriyama and there's nothing that the anime/manga could explain.
In the DBZ anime, when Kibito and Shin found Gohan, Shin is the one to say "Kai-Kai". There's no way to tell in the manga though. So it's nothing new.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Ikazvyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ikazvyr » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:46 pm

There's no retcon at all. Shin had this ability since the beginning. He's the one teleporting Gohan to Kaiohshin's Realm. Also, it's not the Teleport technique used by Goku (Shunkan Idō, called Instant Transmission in the dub), since his one needs someone's ki to work, but Kai Kai (Instantaneous Movement in the dub), an technique where the user can go anywhere. Both Shin and Kibito have this ability, and not only Kibito. Kibitoshin know this movement not because only Kibito knows it (this would work too), but because both know it

In Super's anime, he uses this technique to bring Goku to Zenoh's place, and the last episode shows that every Kaiohshin can use it too

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:10 am

Ikazvyr wrote:There's no retcon at all. Shin had this ability since the beginning. He's the one teleporting Gohan to Kaiohshin's Realm.
But he didn't. Kibito was the one who moved them to and from the Kaioshin Realm. The only time Shin ever had the ability pre-Super was when merged with Kibito. This is easily verifiable. If you really want to stretch, you could say that he just never used it cause reasons (even though I can think of at least once where it would've been real useful), but it's just that, a stretch.
Retired.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:32 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
Ikazvyr wrote:There's no retcon at all. Shin had this ability since the beginning. He's the one teleporting Gohan to Kaiohshin's Realm.
But he didn't. Kibito was the one who moved them to and from the Kaioshin Realm. The only time Shin ever had the ability pre-Super was when merged with Kibito. This is easily verifiable. If you really want to stretch, you could say that he just never used it cause reasons (even though I can think of at least once where it would've been real useful), but it's just that, a stretch.
All the other Kaioshin are seen doing it I believe when leaving the arena.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:40 am

dbzfan7 wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
All the other Kaioshin are seen doing it I believe when leaving the arena.
I'm talking pre-Super, in regards to whether or not Kaioshin having the ability now is a retcon. Obviously, the Kaioshin can Kai-Kai now, but it wasn't always that way.
Retired.

Ikazvyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ikazvyr » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:43 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
I don't know how it is in american dubs since I'm brazilian, but in both japanese and brazilian dub is Shin who yells "Kai Kai". I'm even rewatching DBKai with my girlfriend and saw this episode yesterday. You could say that in manga is difficult to know who's using, but is pretty clear in the anime that's Shin's voice

EDIT: Had to check my manga because apparently Kibitoshin says specifically that's Kibito's technique. I need to check raw, but I'm pretty sure this line is translated correctly... Still, in anime, it's Shin's voice. Had to confirm that too. Man, this discussion is pretty confusing

EDIT 2: Dragon Ball manga chapter 470: it's unclear who uses Kai Kai
Dragon Ball Z episode 241 and Dragon Ball Kai episode 123: clearly Shin's voice
...Anime mistake? Also, Super's manga is apparently being written following the anime in this Arc, and we all know how is Toei. But hey, that's Toyotaro's mistake as well! Thank you guys for pointing this, and sorry for me defending this mistake
But damn, I believed my whole life Shin had this ability as well...
Last edited by Ikazvyr on Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:03 am

Each and every one of Mai's shocked facial expressions in the manga gets me on the fucking floor.