"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by BrolyKale » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:53 am

Where can I read the new chapter in english? please.. someone posted a link but it doesn't work anymore.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:58 am

BrolyKale wrote:Where can I read the new chapter in english? please.. someone posted a link but it doesn't work anymore.
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapter/ ... 562?read=1
Feels over Reals.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:00 pm

RedHeat wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:Where can I read the new chapter in english? please.. someone posted a link but it doesn't work anymore.
It says "CONTENT NOT AVAILABLE

Unfortunately this content is not available in your location. Please visit the home page to learn more about Shonen Jump." but thanks anyway... :cry:
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:03 pm

The gr wrote:What do you mean.
Vegeta's chest is full of scars.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:03 pm

BrolyKale wrote:
RedHeat wrote:

Unfortunately this content is not available in your location. Please visit the home page to learn more about Shonen Jump." but thanks anyway... :cry:
Yeah it's not available in some regions..
You can use a VPN to bypass it you so desire..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:08 pm

sintzu wrote:Another good chapter. Cabba seems to have developed since Champa's arc as he's more confident than before. Kale and Caulifla are nowhere near as annoying as the anime and saving their forms is a major improvment over what the anime did as they'll have more weight to them when they use them later on. Overall the pre tournament part of the arc is far superior to its anime counterpart so hopefully the tournament itself will be as well.
This is everything I wanted. Cabba's a freaking galactic soldier so he shouldn't be the timid square he is in the anime. Kale is immediately shown to be a fighter, which gives her some much needed cred. And Cauli is shown to be a capable threat as well and they're introduced with action, but Toyo never gives too much away so yeah, we have their transformations to look forward to in the tournament. None of that weird, "Oh, I accidentally went SSJ2, but then forgot how I did it, even though I'm the best smartest fighter genius ever. Teach me old man who I constantly disrespect!"
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:16 pm

BWri wrote:Teach me old man who I constantly disrespect!"
If there's one thing I want changed it's her relationship with Goku. When Cabba showed her he has something to teach her she stopped acting out so hopefully the same will happen with Goku when she asks him about Ssj3.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

TKA
Advanced Regular

Post by TKA » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:32 pm

Read the chapter. Good stuff.

Once again, like literally every freaking month here, people misjudged based on leaks. "Durr Krillin looks happy about frieza while everyone else is freaking out! Bad!" This chapter showed that only the people unaware of what Goku was doing were freaking out, while Krillin was glad Goku arrived since they'd discussed it the night before.

Just like every month, I will ask that people reserve their opinions for when the chapter is actually out and available.

Just like every month, this plea for rationality will be ignored.
Zamasu55 wrote:Goku says he wasn't at full power against Toppo. This means he only uses the base SsjB, not the the full-powered one.

See, this is why I prefer the manga over the anime. Toyo actually cares about power levels. Now we know that manga Goku is indeed stronger than manga Toppo.
I don't get why people think Toppo was stronger than Goku. Beerus ordered Goku to end it, and then Goku obliged and said "I'll enjoy fighting you in the actual tournament, Toppo," because he thought he had a guaranteed win. Then he went for the finish, Toppo saw that Goku left himself open right there and took advantage of that to win.

Super Saiyan God Goku was strong enough to easily block Toppo's punches. SSB Goku is even stronger than that.

Also, if you don't agree with my interpretation, after the fight Toppo tells Goku to ensure he doesn't let his guard down in the actual tournament like he did in their fight. Then he added that if he hadn't taken advantage of the opening he doesn't know if he could've won that.

Toppo isn't a match for Goku when he isn't relaxing.
The Creatives who inspire me: Akira Toriyama, George Lucas, Chris Nolan, J. R. R. Tolkien and Zack Snyder

http://i.imgur.com/XAnj7Yi.jpg

You saw Batman v Superman? Is it the Ultimate Edition? No? Then you haven't seen Batman v Superman. Also, the Snyder Cut is the greatest, non-deconstructionist ensemble comic book film ever made.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:54 pm

The gr wrote:
Noah wrote:Too bad once again they missed his scars.
What do you mean?
This:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:02 pm

Manga u6 saiyans definitely there>>>>anime versions by light-years

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:05 pm

pacz360 wrote:Manga u6 saiyans definitely there>>>>anime versions by light-years
Sure if you enjoy characters with bland personality, you probably should wait a few more chapters so this comparison could be fairer.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:06 pm

I too was confused by this, then I found an answer
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:22 pm

Noah wrote: This:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Doctor. wrote: Vegeta's chest is full of scars.
Ah dang i forgot about that,thanks for reminding me this.Is there another thing you spotted that is off other than frieza halo disappearance.
Mostly active on discord.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:22 pm

Seeing the chapter translated has changed bit of my perspective on the chapter, but as a whole my feeling on it remain largely the same:
- The subtle teases of what Kale can do in the manga (crushing the Planet Sadala Army soldiers gun and stealing back the pendant from SSJ Cabba without either of them noticing) were good. Even though the later justification for Kale being brought to the tournament was basically just so that she could make up the numbers. I guess Toyotaro is saving her transformation for the tournament itself and I'm okay with that. I also like how she has less of a timid attitude. It's a shame that she Caulifla seems more indifferent towards to Kale, whereas in the anime their relationship was a much bigger deal. Hopefully the dynamic between is explored more in the tournament like in the anime.
- Cabba is handled much better. He's more authoritative, confident and dominant. Him turning in SSJ and humbling Caulifla and making her gain a better perspective
- Caulifla... I'm still a bit mixed on. She's certainly less overbearing compared to how she acts in the anime, but she's still an arrogantly, overconfident, jerkass bitch (thankfully). But I'm still saddened by the fact that she achieved SSJ offscreen, and I hope that its expanded on later. And while the worldbuilding of Planet Sadala is nice, it brings up quite a questions. If there exists a Saiyan who is stronger than the Planet Sadala Saiyan Army (Caulifla), why wasn't she chosen to be on Champa's team during the Universe 6/7 Tournament? Also, if is Caulifla gang are so well known that the Planet Sadala Army (that Cabba is a part of) can't handle them, why didn't Cabba, who recently became a SSJ, take care of them all on his own?
- Goku: "Please Krillin. You're small. You run fast. I think you might make a good teammate in this tournament." This made me laugh but also made my heart cry. Krillin is worth much more than that kind of comment.
- The glimpse of the events of ROF in the manga, and the circumstances of Freeza's death being provided from Freeza's POV, were a really nice touch.
- I found the scene of Goku and Freeza coming back battered because "peaceful negotiations didn't work" as a really good gag, but that still doesn't justify Goku and Freeza fighting off-screen. That's something we should have seen.
- I also really didn't like that Gohan getting back into shape was skipped. That's something that, again, should have been given more attention considering how absent Gohan has been from the plot of Super, especially in the manga. I just there's a big payoff for him the tournament in the manga.
- The lack of any insight to the other universes taking part in the tournament is incredibly disappointing.

It's still a decent chapter with the Universe 6 Saiyans portion being better handled in some parts compared to how the anime handled them. But the Universe 7 portion of the chapter was very underwhelming and I feel the anime did a much better job of handling it.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:26 pm

I really liked the u6 saiyans stuff. Both new saiyans are developed much better, especially kale.

Only thing that I would change is more Gohan training and the exhibition matches should have had Gohan and Boo. Especially boo, poor guy won't get a single fight now.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Issei189
Beyond Newbie

Post by Issei189 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:30 pm

Noah wrote:
The gr wrote:
What do you mean?
This:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I wonder Why Toriyama forgot it after the Cell saga.

https://lmfcdn.secure.footprint.net/sto ... 1516543200

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:31 pm

Lord Beerus wrote: - The lack of any insight to the other universes taking part in the tournament is incredibly disappointing.
Like I mentioned in one of my prediction, maybe Toyo is gonna copy the method on how he introduced the gods hearing the great priest in 28,i highly doubt the next 45 pages is gonna be about the rumble.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:46 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:

Yeah it's not available in some regions..
You can use a VPN to bypass it you so desire..
I will try that, thank you!
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:45 pm

TheMikado wrote:As for the Gohan thing, I'm actually really happy they didn't specify his training.

Gohan and Piccolo could have easily spent a day in RoSaT during that time period. We see a full day pass so its not out of the question and we know they were at the lookup because Piccolo had senzu beans on him. Gohan making some strength gains might make a lot of sense if they later reveal that's where Piccolo and Gohan were for the past 24 hours and would also explain why Gohan elected to wear Piccolos gear.
I really hope this is the case. It would be incredible for Gohan-kun to power up against a powerful opponent (Obuni, perhaps) at the tournament, drawing everyone's attention and perhaps even making Gokū exclaim "Whoa... When did Gohan become so powerful?!" Piccolo, nearby, then explains that he'd taken Gohan into the Room of Spirit and Time to train like he's never trained before. "Your son has the greatest potential out of all of us. What you're seeing now is just a fraction of it." To which Gokū could reply, in awe, "Wow... If I'd thought of that, I'd have started training with him again a long time ago!" It'd be a really nice way to get Gohan-kun back into the game, having only just now made his Super-exclusive manga debut (barring the third bonus chapter), as well as making Gokū eat his words. "Gohan doesn't fight anymore; all he cares about is studying." "Have you forgotten that he surpassed us all during the Cell Game?" would be icing on the cake.

Not holding my breath, though.
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:50 pm

kinisking wrote:I really liked the u6 saiyans stuff. Both new saiyans are developed much better, especially kale.

Only thing that I would change is more Gohan training and the exhibition matches should have had Gohan and Boo. Especially boo, poor guy won't get a single fight now.
Gohan’s training and freeza’s fight can be in volume release.Remember when people complained vegetto had a very short fight?
Spider-Man wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: - The lack of any insight to the other universes taking part in the tournament is incredibly disappointing.
Like I mentioned in one of my prediction, maybe Toyo is gonna copy the method on how he introduced the gods hearing the great priest in 28,i highly doubt the next 45 pages is gonna be about the rumble.
I certainly hope you are right.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball