"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by dragon boss z » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:04 pm

sintzu wrote:
Kanassa wrote:The art is looking a bit off today
Maybe he's been working on the next chapter alongside it as it'll be the first main fight in the arc.
To me the art was the worst with Jiren himself. On one of the scans he looked like el Hermano, lmao. His muscles looked weird in a few scans as well. The rest of the characters looked like how they usually do imo.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:13 pm

It didn't look Mastered Super Saiyan Blue to me, honestly.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:14 pm

I thought hit went out on a bang, but... it was explained that jiren was just playing around and hits time-shift really had no effect on jiren. Jiren lured hit into the edge so he can one-punch him.

I still think he did excellent, far better than CSSB goku, who accomplished nothing.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:20 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:It didn't look Mastered Super Saiyan Blue to me, honestly.
There was no aura when goku fought jiren. The only time any aura showed up was when goku powered up to break free from toppo but then he quickly sealed it into his body

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:22 pm

dragon boss z wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Kanassa wrote:The art is looking a bit off today
Maybe he's been working on the next chapter alongside it as it'll be the first main fight in the arc.
To me the art was the worst with Jiren himself. On one of the scans he looked like el Hermano, lmao. His muscles looked weird in a few scans as well. The rest of the characters looked like how they usually do imo.
He was on a five days trip to germany.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:23 pm

Krillin asks, and whis states that it is “completed SSB”. Mastered is the wrong word. Its completed

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:26 pm

Normal Toppo was kicking all 3 of Goku's SS forms' ass, so this is consistent with what happened in earlier chapters.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:40 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Krillin asks, and whis states that it is “completed SSB”. Mastered is the wrong word. Its completed
Oh okay then.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:48 pm

Hum, visually speaking this chapter is a step back, a digression to BoG/U6 Arc Toyotarõ. Far too many callbacks. There were only a few outstanding panels like Jiren final punch to Hit.

Need the translation to evaluate the writing. This might be the weakest chapter of this arc so far.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:57 pm

I was hoping to see more Universe 2, The Fireballs and Ribrianne in this months issue, so I was disappointed in that....BUT got at least 1 panel with the Awesome Kakunsa in it, seeing her was great in Manga form again, She Looks Awesome here! 8)

Wondering now who she was fighting?! :think:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:01 pm

LightBing wrote:Hum, visually speaking this chapter is a step back, a digression to BoG/U6 Arc Toyotarõ. Far too many callbacks. There were only a few outstanding panels like Jiren final punch to Hit.
I actually really liked some of the angles and character positions in these panels. I don't know if it's a callback to anything else in the franchise, but the part that zooms in on Jiren and Hit with Hit falling to the ground at the end was pretty cool.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:02 pm

V-Jump officially hits shelves April 21, and the chapter will be published simultaneously in English on Viz's website.

Distribution of the entirety of this printed material is not allowed before or after (in any language). Links will be removed, and account strikes may be issued.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:03 pm

I like the chapter too, but there were some instances where the art was just wonky as hell

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:05 pm

Hawk9211 wrote:He was on a five days trip to germany.
This is no excuse.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

micah007
Not-So-Newbie

Post by micah007 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:12 pm

Jiren's head is too egg shaped in several panels. That's my biggest art critique so far.

Exline
Beyond Newbie

Post by Exline » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:19 pm

LightBing wrote:Hum, visually speaking this chapter is a step back, a digression to BoG/U6 Arc Toyotarõ. Far too many callbacks. There were only a few outstanding panels like Jiren final punch to Hit.

Need the translation to evaluate the writing. This might be the weakest chapter of this arc so far.
Yeah, I need to see this translated to understand everything better.

I disagree that he's made a stepback to those two arcs. If anything, his choreography has made such a gigantic leap since the beginning of the ToP. The fights in this chapter were incredible.

But I am disappointed that this whole chapter was just about Goku, Hit and Jiren. With a side of Toppo and Dyspo. It's making me worrisome of Toyotaro's writing atm. I think he definitely could have shoehorned some side fights. We did not need to see Goku vs. Toppo and Dyspo. I think we get enough of Goku already.

I really hope next chapter is not going to be another Goku vs. Jiren fight. The other characters should definitely get more panels to spotlight in.

Besides that, I enjoyed the chapter a lot. Especially Hit's redemption. He really improved himself especially with these new techniques. I guess it might be an unpopular opinion, but I thought Hit taking off his (skirt?) made him look pretty bad ass.

Toyotaro did well with making Jiren seem like a force to be reckoned with. A being much stronger than Merged Zamasu. Jiren also fought well, he didn't fight like a scumbag like in 109. He also doesn't seem as cocky. I can only assume that since these are not translated.

I also thought it was odd that he eliminated Hit. I thought he was trying to refrain from eliminating other opponents? I guess Hit pushed him to that extent. I'm dissapointed Hit did not attempt to use his "assassination" techniques against Jiren. I really would have liked to see a character like Hit lose all composure and grow desperate to protect not only himself but his universe as well. Even if it costs him his own life.

Rebel Instinct
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rebel Instinct » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:28 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
This is no excuse.
How is that not an excuse? He had to do a month's worth of work in three weeks. There had to be concessions made somewhere.

A mangaka's work schedule is hellaciously brutal. Taking away even a few days is a huge deal. I'd rather the art take a minor dip if it means Toyotaro won't collapse from exhaustion like so many other anime/manga creators have in the past. Give the man a break.
The post-Super fandom has ruined my love for Dragon Ball.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:29 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
TheMikado wrote:So spoilers are Hit is ringed out. I’m not a Hitfan but would hope it happens in the best way possible. MSSB Goku and Hit takes on Jiren only to find he’s too powerful. Hit decides their only chance to win is to kill Jiren and decides to attempt an Assassin skill. Jiren is too powerful and it fails resulting in Jiren ringing out Hit.
So hit actually tries to assassinate jiren here?
No this was me guessing on what I wanted but man the manga once again delivers my dreams.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:30 pm

Seems a good chapter , my only negative criticism is about not so many fighters involved , just a panel with the whole arena and multiple fights could fix it , but he didn’t .
Is There more dialogue than never ever or is just my imagination ?
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:34 pm

Rebel Instinct wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:
This is no excuse.
How is that not an excuse? He had to do a month's worth of work in three weeks. There had to be concessions made somewhere.

A mangaka's work schedule is hellaciously brutal. Taking away even a few days is a huge deal. I'd rather the art take a minor dip if it means Toyotaro won't collapse from exhaustion like so many other anime/manga creators have in the past. Give the man a break.
I don’t know if he has assistants but looks like Toyo needs some good ones , just for that exhaustion reason and for the shake of a future weekly series
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....