"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:55 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote: They made a joke of Piccolo and Gohan has spent most of the tournament looking like a fool.
Gohan is responsible for two universe erasures.
The gr wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote: They made a joke of Piccolo and Gohan has spent most of the tournament looking like a fool.
Don't know what your saying,piccolo got 5 elimination and yes gohan did look like a fool,now he is also gonna have major role in 120,there is no way they will screw that up.
Gohan got destroyed by Jimeze twice and was totally helpless against IT, something Caulifla and Freeza easily countered. He also got humiliated against Hermila and caused Piccolo to lose several arms. He's been embarrassing to watch, honestly.

And Piccolo has been losing arms non-stop and fell from the ring in a totally comedic fashion, I'm wondering if they've decided to make him a gag character now.
That's three (for me it's two, Gohan is doing stuff) out of 10. Hardly half the cast. And when you compare Gohan with Piccolo and Tien, Gohan is nowhere near as bad.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:56 pm

Doctor. wrote:Great chapter, the arc has had a much better start than the anime thus far.
The gr wrote:Side note,the yamcha joke is not here.
It was.
He`s refering to the Super joke and it wasn`t.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:57 pm

The gr wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: What? When has Gohan looked like a fool?
In 107,he look like a confused puppy without piccolo,in 97 with no one of his squad listened to him now in 118 he is shown to be very strong & tonight will be his moment to shine.
How did Gohan look like a confused puppy without Piccolo in Episode 107? He wasn't even in that episode, IIRC. And Gohan tried to tell everyone to work as a team but they went about to do their own thing. That doesn't make Gohan a fool, it makes his teammate look more like uncooperative assholes

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:59 pm

Olympian wrote:
Doctor. wrote:Great chapter, the arc has had a much better start than the anime thus far.
The gr wrote:Side note,the yamcha joke is not here.
It was.
But it was. Bulma can't even remember Yamcha's face, that's the joke. It wasn't as dragged out as the anime's, but it's still here to Yamcha's detriment.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:00 pm

Lord Beerus wrote: How did Gohan look like a confused puppy without Piccolo in Episode 107? He wasn't even in that episode, IIRC. And Gohan tried to tell everyone to work as a team but they went about to do their own thing. That doesn't make Gohan a fool, it makes his teammate look more like uncooperative assholes
In 108 i was referring,sorry i made a mistake.He was getting owned in that episode.
Mostly active on discord.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:03 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:
Gohan is responsible for two universe erasures.
The gr wrote: Don't know what your saying,piccolo got 5 elimination and yes gohan did look like a fool,now he is also gonna have major role in 120,there is no way they will screw that up.
Gohan got destroyed by Jimeze twice and was totally helpless against IT, something Caulifla and Freeza easily countered. He also got humiliated against Hermila and caused Piccolo to lose several arms. He's been embarrassing to watch, honestly.

And Piccolo has been losing arms non-stop and fell from the ring in a totally comedic fashion, I'm wondering if they've decided to make him a gag character now.
That's three (for me it's two, Gohan is doing stuff) out of 10. Hardly half the cast. And when you compare Gohan with Piccolo and Tien, Gohan is nowhere near as bad.
There's also Yamcha who wasn't even considered and just totally disgraced. Also, Kuririn, despite being a "tactical" fighter immediately got caught off-guard and knocked out and was then mocked by his own wife.

If it weren't for Gohan's power allowing him to basically brute force his enemies, he would look even worse than Piccolo. Even with his Ultimate power he somehow struggled against the Namekians and Freeza clowned him easily too. Sure, he wasn't going all out against Freeza, but Freeza was holding back too and still embarrassed Gohan easily.
Last edited by TheUltimateNinja on Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:03 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:I wonder if Toyo can top the anime's absolute humiliation of half the cast.
Vegeta is his equal.
Pardon, but what? Where in hell Vegeta is equal to Goku in the anime?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:04 pm

the final 3 fighters from u7 will be goku, gohan and freeza imo. DB heroes teased goku and freeza as the last two, ending 9 teased goku and gohan as last two. Two contrasting tales , one who hates goku more than anything and the other who loves goku as much as anything.

Edit: how is it humiliating to lose to golden freeza? freeza would bend over all but 5 non fused fighters in this entire tournament.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:05 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Olympian wrote:

It was.
But it was. Bulma can't even remember Yamcha's face, that's the joke. It wasn't as dragged out as the anime's, but it's still here to Yamcha's detriment.
You`re reading too much into it. The blurred face is only a visual play because she doesn`t get to finish his name when she is interrupted.

As in, the face would only pop up if the suggestion was made oficial, like the rest are on that board.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:09 pm

BlueVegerot wrote:the final 3 fighters from u7 will be goku, gohan and freeza imo. DB heroes teased goku and freeza as the last two, ending 9 teased goku and gohan as last two. Two contrasting tales , one who hates goku more than anything and the other who loves goku as much as anything.

Edit: how is it humiliating to lose to golden freeza? freeza would bend over all but 5 non fused fighters in this entire tournament.
Gohan is supposedly on par with Blue Goku yet he gets destroyed by Freeza who is confirmed to be Goku's equal.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:10 pm

The gr wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: How did Gohan look like a confused puppy without Piccolo in Episode 107? He wasn't even in that episode, IIRC. And Gohan tried to tell everyone to work as a team but they went about to do their own thing. That doesn't make Gohan a fool, it makes his teammate look more like uncooperative assholes
In 108 i was referring,sorry i made a mistake.He was getting owned in that episode.
Gohan didn't know how to counter Instant Transmission because Jimeze's use of it was incredibly pragmatic as he attacked Gohan's blind spots continuously and quickly. Roshi and Gohan even comment that Jimeze was using Instant Transmission superbly and and was too fast for Gohan to handle. It was similar case in Episode 90 when Gohan and Goku had their sparring match. It's one of those techniques that some can adapt to, but others can't.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:13 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
The gr wrote:
Gohan didn't know how the counter Instant Transmission because Jimeze's use of it was incredibly pragmatic as he attack Gohan from his blind spots. Roshi and Gohan even comment that Jimeze was using Instant Transmission superbly and and was too quick for Gohan to handle. It was similar case in Episode 90 when Gohan and Goku had their sparring match. It's one of those techniques that some can adapt to, but others can't.
Even Caulifla who Whis initially called an unskilled street brawler immediately countered it, Gohan has been familiar with it for over a decade yet is completely dumbfounded. Even Freeza can humiliate Jimeze with the utmost ease and he barely has any experience with the technique.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:19 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
The gr wrote: In 108 i was referring,sorry i made a mistake.He was getting owned in that episode.
Gohan didn't know how the counter Instant Transmission because Jimeze's use of it was incredibly pragmatic as he attack Gohan from his blind spots. Roshi and Gohan even comment that Jimeze was using Instant Transmission superbly and and was too quick for Gohan to handle. It was similar case in Episode 90 when Gohan and Goku had their sparring match. It's one of those techniques that some can adapt to, but others can't.
Even Caulifla who Whis initially called an unskilled street brawler immediately countered it, Gohan has been familiar with it for over a decade yet is completely dumbfounded. Even Freeza can humiliate Jimeze with the utmost ease and he barely has any experience with the technique.
Caulifla is basically Universe 6 version of Goku in that she's a very adapt learner and pick up things quite quickly. Caulifla's potential in term of combat was immense. And the more she fought Goku, the more she could tap into that potential.
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
BlueVegerot wrote:the final 3 fighters from u7 will be goku, gohan and freeza imo. DB heroes teased goku and freeza as the last two, ending 9 teased goku and gohan as last two. Two contrasting tales , one who hates goku more than anything and the other who loves goku as much as anything.

Gohan is supposedly on par with Blue Goku yet he gets destroyed by Freeza who is confirmed to be Goku's equal.
Gohan wasn't destroyed at all by Freeza. It was a fake fight improvised on the spot to feign the idea that Freeza would betray Universe 7 so he could gain Frost's trust better and Frost in turn would be more culpable for letting his guard down around Freeza, and Freeza would have a better chance of eliminating Frost.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:25 pm

Noah wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:I wonder if Toyo can top the anime's absolute humiliation of half the cast.
Vegeta is his equal.
Pardon, but what? Where in hell Vegeta is equal to Goku in the anime?
Pretty much in the entirety of Super. UI Goku surpassed him but I'm pretty sure Vegeta will claim that form as well and be his equal once more.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:25 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: Gohan didn't know how the counter Instant Transmission because Jimeze's use of it was incredibly pragmatic as he attack Gohan from his blind spots. Roshi and Gohan even comment that Jimeze was using Instant Transmission superbly and and was too quick for Gohan to handle. It was similar case in Episode 90 when Gohan and Goku had their sparring match. It's one of those techniques that some can adapt to, but others can't.
Caulifla is basically Universe 6 version of Goku in that she's a very adapt learner and pick up things quite quickly. Caulifla's potential in term of combat was immense. And the more she fought Goku, the more she could tap into that potential.
TheUltimateNinja wrote:

Gohan wasn't destroyed at all by Freeza. It was a fake fight improvised on the spot to feign the idea that Freeza would betray Universe 7 so he could gain Frost's trust better and Frost in turn would be more culpable for letting his guard down around Freeza, and Freeza would have a better chance of eliminating Frost.
It was implied that if Gohan didn't catch on Freeza would have just owned him. Besides, you think Freeza would struggle nearly as much as Gohan did against those Namekians? It'd be a repeat of what he did on Namek.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:46 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:
Noah wrote:Pardon, but what? Where in hell Vegeta is equal to Goku in the anime?
Pretty much in the entirety of Super. UI Goku surpassed him but I'm pretty sure Vegeta will claim that form as well and be his equal once more.
Oh sure, like Kaioken is not a thing right? Goku being capable of increasing his power as SSJB not just 2x but 20x is a thing Vegeta also can do, right? I probably missed that part.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:47 pm

Noah wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:
Noah wrote:Pardon, but what? Where in hell Vegeta is equal to Goku in the anime?
Oh sure, like Kaioken is not a thing right? Goku being capable of increasing his power as SSJB not just 2x but 20x is a thing Vegeta also can do, right? I probably missed that part.
Also Goku singlehandedly outperforming Vegeta and Trunks' combined Galick Gun after Vegeta spent a year in the RoSAT.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:50 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
The gr wrote: The only member that got humilated was tien,the other were threated well so yes Tien will suck here just like the anime while Roshi will be kicking ass :thumbup: .
They made a joke of Piccolo and Gohan has spent most of the tournament looking like a fool.
This feels like the type of hyperbolic criticism designed to make things look worse than they actually are. Piccolo's elimination was poorly handled, everything else was ok. I remember people claiming that 'lol Piccolo will be rung out in 5 minutes because he is now a joke' or 'Gohan will be carried until the end '. What they got instead was one the most impressive moments in the whole arc, and several eliminations of their own. Basically, every so called negative moment can be countered with positive ones, and Gohan isn't finished yet. It does look like he's been slowly finding his rhythm.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:52 pm

Michsi wrote: This feels like the type of hyperbolic criticism designed to make things look worse than they actually are. Piccolo's elimination was poorly handled, everything else was ok. I remember people claiming that 'lol Piccolo will be rung out in 5 minutes because he is now a joke' or 'Gohan will be carried until the end '. What they got instead was one the most impressive moments in the whole arc, and several eliminations of their own. Basically, every so called negative moment can be countered with positive ones, and Gohan isn't finished yet. It does look like he's been slowly finding his rhythm.
The trouble is they needlessly get embarrassed for no reason. Gohan shouldn't be be getting destroyed by fodders while 'holding back'.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:52 pm

Noah wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:
Well the Kaio-Ken is a plot device, mainly, but still it's a technique with a high risk/reward factor.

The fact remains that SSB Vegeta is equal to SSB Goku in terms of strength and speed.