"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Rakurai » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:30 pm

Marlowe89 wrote:
Shaddy wrote:The biggest problems with the manga aren't of the easily-correctable sort. I guess Tori could fix the necks, but they're not gonna suddenly change the panel layout or writing to be better in post.
They're talking about the Viz release, dude.

More specifically, Viz's previous volume had a problem in that they kept publicized errors that were previously corrected in the Japanese tankobon.
Curious, which errors are you referring to? Translation errors? Or art panel errors?

Volume 6 still retained the "tiny" 17 perspective error so...
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:33 pm

Rakurai wrote:
Marlowe89 wrote:
Shaddy wrote:The biggest problems with the manga aren't of the easily-correctable sort. I guess Tori could fix the necks, but they're not gonna suddenly change the panel layout or writing to be better in post.
They're talking about the Viz release, dude.

More specifically, Viz's previous volume had a problem in that they kept publicized errors that were previously corrected in the Japanese tankobon.
Curious, which errors are you referring to? Translation errors? Or art panel errors?

Volume 6 still retained the "tiny" 17 perspective error so...
In vol 3 they didn't correct the Zeno's two sided button. There are also some translation errors. The problem is that they did it for the digital version on their site, but didn't do it for the print.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:18 pm

Is there any news about the possibility of a “bigger” next chapter ?
Finally we will have some post t.o.p arc , I.d.k what I’m expecting more , to see how the t.o.p is wrapped or how they’ll make the transition to the broly arc . Countdown is on
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

Son-Kakaroto
Temporarily Banned

Post by Son-Kakaroto » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:52 am

If they are starting the broly arc next month, then the ending for top is probably going to be extremely rushed, a common theme with manga. I'm so done with manga... :yawn:
I wish we had a new author like authors of yamcha manga or the AF writer (the OTHER AF writer). The af writer actaullys has art that resembles more of akira. Toyotaro art is like a mix of takashi, yammuro and toriyama. It's concept it seems nice, but it dosen't produce that dragon ball manga feel while young gigi does... even if his art isn't as "crisp" as toyotaro.

TKA
Advanced Regular

Post by TKA » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:45 pm

Son-Kakaroto wrote:I'm so done with manga... :yawn:
Cool.

So, to be clear, you're not going to be posting again after this, right?

Because since all you make are declarative statements and never actually defend the points you push forward, I would be quite happy if you are truly done with the manga as you say.
The Creatives who inspire me: Akira Toriyama, George Lucas, Chris Nolan, J. R. R. Tolkien and Zack Snyder

http://i.imgur.com/XAnj7Yi.jpg

You saw Batman v Superman? Is it the Ultimate Edition? No? Then you haven't seen Batman v Superman. Also, the Snyder Cut is the greatest, non-deconstructionist ensemble comic book film ever made.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:33 pm

TKA wrote:Because since all you make are declarative statements and never actually defend the points you push forward, I would be quite happy if you are truly done with the manga as you say.
It should be obvious to everyone involved that the way that was handled was blatantly inconsistent scaling. If he decides not to argue with manga apologists about it, then so be it. I don't blame him for it one bit.

OhHiRenan
Beyond Newbie

Post by OhHiRenan » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:27 pm

I really wish the term “apologist” would go away when it comes to criticism. It’s pretty much exclusively used as a way to dismiss someone for trying to defend something they like. At least in this fandom.

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:50 pm

OhHiRenan wrote:I really wish the term “apologist” would go away when it comes to criticism. It’s pretty much exclusively used as a way to dismiss someone for trying to defend something they like. At least in this fandom.
I concur. It's a tired accusation and does nothing to invite actual discussion, which is what we're here for.

Like I told another poster a few pages back, people need to elaborate on their opinions and disagreements rather than immediately playing the apologist card unprovoked. Mostly for their sakes, since otherwise it just sorta makes them look insecure.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:36 pm

prince212 wrote:Is there any news about the possibility of a “bigger” next chapter ?
Finally we will have some post t.o.p arc , I.d.k what I’m expecting more , to see how the t.o.p is wrapped or how they’ll make the transition to the broly arc . Countdown is on
I don't think there's been any comment on the size of the chapter. V-jump's supposed to be a bigger issue but that doesn't necessarily mean anything for the chapter.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:41 pm

Success and failure are determined by the ones who have an opinion ( like or dislike) and the ones who ignore it respectively.
All who say I’m done and keep on saying I’m done again and again are part of the success, only ignoring is part of the failure of some series . That’s how it is in this days , both anime and manga . Piracy plays his role too, of course.
Lots of people who praise this series enjoy them illegally and some that just read-watch to spend some time recognizing his bad points and good ones or even disliking enjoy them legally via crunchyroll or whatever .viz is free for example to read chapters of dbs , but just by reading them , disliking or not they can catch your eye to an annual subscription. Same with crunchyroll or whatever platform.
So , like I said , just to have an opinion out of the ignoring, means success.
BlueBasilisk wrote:
prince212 wrote:Is there any news about the possibility of a “bigger” next chapter ?
I don't think there's been any comment on the size of the chapter. V-jump's supposed to be a bigger issue but that doesn't necessarily mean anything for the chapter.
Yeap I know , just asked in case more news spread last days about it . I hope is biggger though, will have sense for a good wrapping of this arc and beginning of new arc in more than 45 pages .
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

Rebel Instinct
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rebel Instinct » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:48 am

PFM18 wrote:
TKA wrote:Because since all you make are declarative statements and never actually defend the points you push forward, I would be quite happy if you are truly done with the manga as you say.
It should be obvious to everyone involved that the way that was handled was blatantly inconsistent scaling. If he decides not to argue with manga apologists about it, then so be it. I don't blame him for it one bit.
Except for the part where I went back and used evidence taken directly from the manga to meticulously justify Gohan's performance in that fight.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=30781&p=1536246#p1536246

Then again, I'm nothing more than disgusting apologist trash, so I'm not worth talking to and nothing I say has any value...
The post-Super fandom has ruined my love for Dragon Ball.

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:40 am

Him calling anyone a "manga apologist" is utter buffoonery. He is the same person that will try to tell you with a straight face that Goku vs Jiren is layered with some deep intricate themes that are so incredibly complex and nuanced, not to mention executed with such grace that you'd have to be a fool to miss them :roll:

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:43 am

Apologist and fanboy name-calling are the most pathetic attempts to defend one's own argument or stance. Period. You see them all over the internet though.

I've had people literally call me a GT fanboy for having more preference towards GT than the Super anime. Do I give GT a 10/10? Hell no.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:52 pm

Rakurai wrote:Apologist and fanboy name-calling are the most pathetic attempts to defend one's own argument or stance.
Agreed. Everyone, if there's a worthwhile discussion to be had here, then let's please try to have it happen in a more friendly manner, without thinly veiled name-calling.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:01 pm

Rakurai wrote:Apologist and fanboy name-calling are the most pathetic attempts to defend one's own argument or stance. Period. You see them all over the internet though.

I've had people literally call me a GT fanboy for having more preference towards GT than the Super anime. Do I give GT a 10/10? Hell no.
Go and say GT is better than DBZ, they will eat you for having an opinion :lol:

Anyway, i still didn't change my opinion. Manga is better than anime by miles.
If there is one thing from anime i'd like to see in manga it's Ribrianne's pretty form and that's it i guess.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:26 pm

TKA wrote:
Son-Kakaroto wrote:I'm so done with manga... :yawn:
Cool.

So, to be clear, you're not going to be posting again after this, right?

Because since all you make are declarative statements and never actually defend the points you push forward, I would be quite happy if you are truly done with the manga as you say.
Thank you for keeping Gohan's reasons for being able to fight and tie Kefla in context with surrounding story facts.
The biggest thing people missed too was Kale's power dropping before fusion and Kefla not taking a Senzu bean after and not replenishing her power like Vegetto did in the Trunks arc.

Also, Do you think Goku was in MSSB against Kale? I don't think so from the way Freeza was able to kick Goku out of blue so easily when supposedly saving him from Kale?
Last edited by Miracles on Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:41 pm

I have no problem with the series' #1 prodigy, since the very first arc of Z, going toe to toe with Kefla. The only travesty is that the fight happened off screen and thus executed very poorly.

Son-Kakaroto
Temporarily Banned

Post by Son-Kakaroto » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:14 pm

PFM18 wrote:
The dbs manga traits:
Bad writing
Boring villians
Weak villians
Unimagintive art
sewage-water power scailing
poor character use (Kuririn, 18, trunks, piccolo etc)
Goku and Vegeta wank (but even still, they are a joke in power compared to their anime counterparts LOOOOL)
poor page layout
Unpopular among the famdon (look at totally not mark, geekdom, etc)
Terrible pacing

I try talking to the toyotaro apologist but he would just deflect and say "well, toyotaro couldn't do better".
wut? So i'm like whatever...

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:22 pm

Son-Kakaroto wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
The dbs manga traits:
Bad writing
Boring villians
Weak villians
Unimagintive art
Goku and Vegeta wank (but even still, they are a joke in power compared to their anime counterparts LOOOOL)
poor page layout
Terrible pacing

I try talking to the toyotaro apologist but he would just deflect and say "well, toyotaro couldn't do better".
I dont think this is really on topic

Son-Kakaroto
Temporarily Banned

Post by Son-Kakaroto » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:23 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Son-Kakaroto wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
The dbs manga traits:
Bad writing
Boring villians
Weak villians
Unimagintive art
poor page layout
Terrible pacing

I dont think this is really on topic
Yes it is, we are talking about the dbs manga on a dbs manga forum? What's off topic about that?