"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Meshack » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:50 am

OLKv3 wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:Was Uub mentioned in any of the previous Super manga chapters as he was in the anime before the U6 tournament? I don't remember. If not, then the manga does pretty well keeping consistency in this case, Vegeta not knowing about Uub in the EoZ and all.
Nope he wasn't, but it still messes with consistency because Dende was just as shocked as everyone else when Goku fought Oob. Only Goku and Piccolo knew the truth about Oob in the final chapters.
Not true. Dende possibly knew. He’s god of course.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:03 pm

Meshack wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:Was Uub mentioned in any of the previous Super manga chapters as he was in the anime before the U6 tournament? I don't remember. If not, then the manga does pretty well keeping consistency in this case, Vegeta not knowing about Uub in the EoZ and all.
Nope he wasn't, but it still messes with consistency because Dende was just as shocked as everyone else when Goku fought Oob. Only Goku and Piccolo knew the truth about Oob in the final chapters.
Not true. Dende possibly knew. He’s god of course.
There's a panel in which Piccolo leans in as the fight between Goku and Uub is about to start and says something like "this is going to be interesting" and we clearly see Dende look at him in surprise as if he doesn't understand what he means. In the anime they made it seem like he and Piccolo merely overheard Goku talk about who Uub really is and that's how they found out before anybody else.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:07 pm

Professor Freeza wrote:
Totamo wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:I dont see any worth for Uub anymore. Goku has reached the level of GoD's. Him training Uub really wont change the Status Qou. AT BEST even Uub comes to the level of the Gods. Then what? We already saw like almost no Universe comes close to the level of even Piccolo.. much less someone like Goku...
Goku trained Uub because he needed a good fighting partner, not to change anything.

Vegeta said that exact same thing.
d

Uub shouldnt be a better fighting partner than Pan for Goku. Pan is literally the Daughter of Gohan. Uub doesnt actually hold a candle to her in potential. I was never sold on Uub and now i see his need even less.
Oob is the reincarnation of Majin-Boo, the same Majin that destroy hundreds of planets, absorbed the Kaiohshin, the same level of power as Ss3 Gokuh. Oob has way more potential than Pan does. Pan has less potential than Gohan most likely because she has less of Saiyan blood.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:12 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Totamo wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:This whole #17 only knowing Goku's voice and not having heard it in a long time was always a problem of Toriyama's own making.
Babidi broadcasted Goku vs Fat Buu to the entire world, so there really should be no issue and no comment from #17 on how it's been so long, unless he has a stupid perception of time.
i don't remember that at all.
Babidi uses magic to telepathically speak to the world, demanding information on Trunks, Goten and Piccolo. Don't remember anyhting about him brodcasting visuals of Goku's fight to them.
Maybe No. 17 didn’t close his eyes?

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:13 pm

Noah wrote:Wow, I didn't thought we would get leaks so soon. It seems to be a nice chapter, I'm glad they are condensing the recruitment part of the arc.

OLKv3 wrote:Instead of SSB vs 17, it's SS3 vs 17
Oh I'm also glad Toyotaro did that, sure 17 being strong as a SSJ3 still an absurd to me, but I can tolerate that.
Actually 17 was about to overpower ssj3 aswell. also i find it funny how people say 17 shouldn't be ssj3 level after a decade of training but are fine with Gohan reaching that in 3 hours of training.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:16 pm

The gr wrote:
BlueVegerot wrote:Image
Can you please use tiny pic or imgur,is way better than doing a verification to see the image.
    Look like #17 is SS3 tier like how many predicted here.
    17 is obviously shown to be stronger than ssj3

Meshack
    OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:16 pm

dbgtFO wrote:This whole #17 only knowing Goku's voice and not having heard it in a long time was always a problem of Toriyama's own making.
    Babidi broadcasted Goku vs Fat Buu to the entire world, so there really should be no issue and no comment from #17 on how it's been so long, unless he has a stupid perception of time.
    I mean trying remembering a face and voice with someone you’re not familar with in 7 years time. Maybe No. 17 can’t do that.

Lapislettuce
    Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:17 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:
    Lord Beerus wrote:
    Zamasu55 wrote:Toyo has fixed 17's power. Perfect.
    There was nothing "broken" about Android 17's power because nothing had been established about how strong he could get.
    Him being Blue tier was (is) a shame and Toyo has fixed this fortunately.
    But Gohan reaching a similair power up in much much less time than him is totally fine i guess.

Lord Beerus
    Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:23 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
    Zamasu55 wrote:
    Lord Beerus wrote: There was nothing "broken" about Android 17's power because nothing had been established about how strong he could get.
    Him being Blue tier was (is) a shame and Toyo has fixed this fortunately.
    But Gohan reaching a similair power up in much much less time than him is totally fine i guess.
    Hasn't Gohan been doing on-and-off training since the end Resurrection F arc in the anime? I mean, we see him and Piccolo train in Episode 30 and, then in Episode 75, SSJ Gohan cold hang with SSJ Goku in a sparring match. And for context, SSJ Goku at that stage was monstrously much more stronger than SSJ Gohan's Majin Boo arc counterpart.

Meshack
    OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:23 pm

I don’t see the problem with No. 17 being able to hear and see from Cell. No. 17 didn’t come back out the same way No. 18. Just because she knew Gohan was had the upper hand, it would foolish to believe a child could win against someone like Cell if she was unconscious for what happened after. I mean, Cell almost won against the Dragon Team by self-destructing.

MR.Mark
    I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by MR.Mark » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:23 pm

Meshack wrote:
    Professor Freeza wrote:
    Totamo wrote: Goku trained Uub because he needed a good fighting partner, not to change anything.

Vegeta said that exact same thing.
    d

Uub shouldnt be a better fighting partner than Pan for Goku. Pan is literally the Daughter of Gohan. Uub doesnt actually hold a candle to her in potential. I was never sold on Uub and now i see his need even less.
    Oob is the reincarnation of Majin-Boo, the same Majin that destroy hundreds of planets, absorbed the Kaiohshin, the same level of power as Ss3 Gokuh. Oob has way more potential than Pan does. Pan has less potential than Gohan most likely because she has less of Saiyan blood.
    Depends on execution, if Trunks and Goten can be OP in the Buu arc, I see no reason why Pan can't be even more so going forward.

Pan was involved during the God ritual, she could of absorbed some form of Godly ki while still in the womb. On top of being conceived while Gohan had ultimate potential unlocked by Gods.

UltimateGohan

Post by UltimateGohan » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:30 pm

MR.Mark wrote:
    Meshack wrote:
    Professor Freeza wrote: d

Depends on execution, if Trunks and Goten can be OP in the Buu arc, I see no reason why Pan can't be even more so going forward.

Pan was involved during the God ritual, she could of absorbed some form of Godly ki while still in the womb. On top of being conceived while Gohan had ultimate potential unlocked by Gods.
    Call me crazy but I am positive Toriyama's recent mention of going SS is no easy task is gonna be shown via pan..
    She will never go SS is what I am getting at..
    Uub on the other hand has a lot to play with, especially since Buu is still around and can be used to give uub Regen as well.. Guy is no joke when he can learn techniques by watching once and ultra instinct is a technique..

BlueVegerot
    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:33 pm

Pan absorbing god ki is kind of a ridiculous notion. Nobody in that ritual except goku got god ki, vegeta only got it via training

if uub is born with kid buu level power, his potential is probably off the charts. look at freeza, he trains for 4 months by punching some freeza force fodder and becomes strong enough to handle ssb until his stamina issues creep in.

Lapislettuce
    Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:36 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
    Lapislettuce wrote:
    Zamasu55 wrote: Him being Blue tier was (is) a shame and Toyo has fixed this fortunately.
    Hasn't Gohan been doing on-and-off training since the end Resurrection F arc in the anime? I mean, we see him and Piccolo train in Episode 30 and, then in Episode 75, SSJ Gohan cold hang with SSJ Goku in a sparring match. And for context, SSJ Goku at that stage was monstrously much more stronger than SSJ Gohan's Majin Boo arc counterpart.
    Gohan was fodder till he made a power jump in between 2 episodes. yet some biased fans think this is all fine compared to 17's power that actually took years and please before anyone pulls "potential" card on me 17 has an enormous potential aswell according to Toriyama.

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:38 pm

She was still in the womb, you can use that as an excuse. It's no more ridiculous than Vegeta not even needing the ritual to get God ki.

Either way I don't get why people wanna downplay Pan being strong. Also, why can't she go SSJ? She made her mom glow with SSJ power, I think that's evidence enough Pan can go SSJ.

Supersaiyanbulla
    Temporarily Banned

Post by Supersaiyanbulla » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:47 pm

MR.Mark wrote:She was still in the womb, you can use that as an excuse. It's no more ridiculous than Vegeta not even needing the ritual to get God ki.

Either way I don't get why people wanna downplay Pan being strong. Also, why can't she go SSJ? She made her mom glow with SSJ power, I think that's evidence enough Pan can go SSJ.
    I’m pretty sure bra is beyond pan level especially since Vegeta had blue.

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:56 pm

Bra could become a fighter for all we know.

Michsi
    I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:03 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
    Lord Beerus wrote:
    Lapislettuce wrote: But Gohan reaching a similair power up in much much less time than him is totally fine i guess.
    Gohan was fodder till he made a power jump in between 2 episodes. yet some biased fans think this is all fine compared to 17's power that actually took years and please before anyone pulls "potential" card on me 17 has an enormous potential aswell according to Toriyama.

Jeez, how many interviews have I been missing.

But yes, Gohan has the advantage of both in-universe established saiyan biology and character with the biggest potential ingrained in his profile on his side.

However, given than 17 got de-powered in the manga, I'm pretty sure Gohan and Piccolo will be as well.

The anime has always been more magnanimous with power displays since they care more about visual spectacle than power level consistency.

Meshack
    OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:20 pm

MR.Mark wrote:
    Meshack wrote:
    Professor Freeza wrote: d

Pan doesn’t have god energy. You don’t get god energy just for helping in the ritual. That was never himted nor stated.

Trunks and Goten were not OP in the Majin-Boo Arc. Alone they weren’t stromger than Piccolo who was stronger than No. 18. Together as Gotenks, they were OP in a way since Fusion multiplies their power together.

Meshack
    OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:25 pm

MR.Mark wrote:Bra could become a fighter for all we know.
    Bra should have more potential than any other half-Saiyan since Vegeta has so many S-Cells after so many years. Trunks and Goten were able to transform easily by inheriting a lot of S-Cells from Gokuh and Vegeta so I think Bra should be better than Gohan, Trunks, and Goten in that regard. She probably could already transform but we never got to see it in the original manga. Pan could already have it by the end of the manga.