"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LightBing
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by LightBing » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:22 am

Doctor. wrote:That's dumb. It's supposed to be a skill. Again, he sensed that Vegeta's Ki went down in the U6 arc.
It was never treated as a skill. He didn't need to sense Vegeta to know of Blue's limitations and make his strategy, since he himself had Blue and he trained 3 years with Vegeta prior to the competition.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:23 am

LightBing wrote:It was never treated as a skill.
Then what is it treated as?

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:32 am

Doctor. wrote:
Something like language I guess but more natural, can't think of a better analogy. If I have it I can understand it and vice versa, someone who doesn't have it is left wondering what the hell is going on. Except you have to turn it on.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:32 am

dbgtFO wrote: It doesn't matter what reasons I come up with, the idea is they could have for whatever reason, however we just don't know, so saying either or, as if it's a certainty is pretty poor.
It's really lame to say, 'could have for whatever reason', if you can't even give a theory or even humor a guess as to why Toei may have ignored the outline by Toriyama and decided not to show Super Saiyan God Goku in the Champa or Future Trunks Saga.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:33 am

LightBing wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
Something like language I guess but more natural, can't think of a better analogy. If I have it I can understand it and vice versa, someone who doesn't have it is left wondering what the hell is going on. Except you have to turn it on.
But Goku has it.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:36 am

BlueVegerot wrote:

Why would hit have rapid improvement in the anime but not in the manga?

That is a skill Toei created, not the same as them not using Super Saiyan God if it was in Toriyama's outline. And considered this, Hit was just severely rusty in the manga and could only used his full power for a short time like 100% Freeze. So Hit not being entirely at his best since he never have to improved is true in both versions.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:40 am

Doctor. wrote:But Goku has it.
He got it after the ritual, he didn't learn it. Dende is also able to by being Kami, Piccolo is implied to know about it and not have it in the manga, due to him being Kami before. Nobody was ever taught it in any medium that I can remember. Certainly not in the manga, that I'm sure.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:45 am

LightBing wrote:
He got it after the ritual, he didn't learn it. Dende is also able to by being Kami, Piccolo is implied to know about it and not have it in the manga, due to him being Kami before. Nobody was ever taught it in any medium that I can remember. Certainly not in the manga, that I'm sure.
Yes, but the method doesn't matter, Goku already has God Ki, so he should be able to sense it.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:48 am

Doctor. wrote:
LightBing wrote:
Yes, but the method doesn't matter, Goku already has God Ki, so he should be able to sense it.
Maybe in the manga Goku can't sense god ki without being in one of his Super Saiyan forms.
Kanassa wrote:

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:49 am

HeroR wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
LightBing wrote: He got it after the ritual, he didn't learn it. Dende is also able to by being Kami, Piccolo is implied to know about it and not have it in the manga, due to him being Kami before. Nobody was ever taught it in any medium that I can remember. Certainly not in the manga, that I'm sure.
Maybe in the manga Goku can't sense god ki without being in one of his Super Saiyan forms.
Also not true.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

He teleported to Shin.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:50 am

Doctor. wrote:Shouldn't Goku be able to sense God Ki? Why is he saying he can't sense Toppo or the Gods of Destruction? I'm pretty sure he sensed how much Ki Vegeta lost back in the U6 arc and IT'd to either Beerus or Zamasu at some point.
Goku is not able to feel the GoD's Ki while in BASE form. In the manga, it was never introduced the '' concept '' that Goku / Vegeta could feel the divine Ki in the normal state.

And when Goku felt that Vegeta's Ki fell in the Champa tournament?

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:51 am

Doctor. wrote:
LightBing wrote:
Which he does when he turns SSJG, it's a "come with the package deal", it was never implied he was able to in any form besides it and Blue.
It's nothing more than being considerate a God by whatever arbitrary rules there are in Dragon Ball's Universe.
Doctor. wrote:He teleported to Shin.
Zamasu is close enough and I think Goku can teleport just by looking since he can imagine the place.
Last edited by LightBing on Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:52 am

LightBing wrote:Dude Trunks is right there.
No. He already had Trunks in his hands before he teleported. This is the previous page:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Last edited by Doctor. on Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:53 am

So? He also could feel his Ki back in the Boo arc, would you say Goku had this skill way before then?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:56 am

Doctor. wrote:
LightBing wrote:Dude Trunks is right there.
No. He already had Trunks in his hands before he teleported. This is the previous page:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
You're right my mistake, I edited it.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:56 am

Noah wrote:
So? He also could feel his Ki back in the Boo arc, would you say Goku had this skill way before then?
Pretty sure, conveniently enough, that nobody besides Piccolo could sense Shin's Ki. Even if they could, I already criticized the entire concept of God Ki back in BoG for opening up plot holes since Goku teleported multiple time to Kaio's and Kaio can sense Beerus.
LightBing wrote:Zamasu is close enough.
What about it? Zamasu should also have God Ki.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:58 am

Doctor. wrote:Pretty sure, conveniently enough, that nobody besides Piccolo could sense Shin's Ki. Even if they could, I already criticized the entire concept of God Ki back in BoG for opening up plot holes since Goku teleported multiple time to Kaio's and Kaio can sense Beerus.
Me too the whole concept of God Ki is flawed for these reasons, they could have made exclusive to the Hakaishin.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:07 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Noah wrote:
Pretty sure, conveniently enough, that nobody besides Piccolo could sense Shin's Ki. Even if they could, I already criticized the entire concept of God Ki back in BoG for opening up plot holes since Goku teleported multiple time to Kaio's and Kaio can sense Beerus.
LightBing wrote:Zamasu is close enough.
What about it? Zamasu should also have God Ki.
The Kais are a little weird since King Kai is a Kai, yet Goku could teleport to him before he got Super Saiyan God, unless you believe he was really sensing Bubbles. Which then beg the question why he was so shocked that he couldn't sense Beerus and King Kai had to explained that mortals can't sense gods.
Kanassa wrote:

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:44 pm

Fantastic chapter. Honestly, Toppo's introduction and general characterization was a bit more in-depth in the anime, but overall I feel that the manga's version of the exhibition match was definitely the more interesting of the two. The general structure of Goku vs. Toppo just had more going for it here.

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:52 pm

I find it amusing that Toppo was just smiling and having a normal friendly conversation with Goku, praising his power and all, after their battle ended.
completely different from the Anime, where he was such a dick.

Also, Toppo looks really weird smiling because of his big mustache.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.