"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:10 pm

sintzu wrote:
Miracles wrote:Vegeta is going to easily ring Hit out and tell him "Whis told you so." :lol:
The amount of salt that'll result from it will be enough to fill the sea. :lol:
What will happen is that Hit will beat Vegeta but Cabba tells Hit to leave Vegeta so he can finish him off.

Cabba will then knock out Vegeta of course. 8)

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:30 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Miracles wrote:Vegeta is going to easily ring Hit out and tell him "Whis told you so." :lol:
What will happen is that Hit will beat Vegeta but Cabba tells Hit to leave Vegeta so he can finish him off.

The chances of that happening are smaller than the most unlucky asian men's d**k

BTW, why does it say that you're banned? How can you post stuff if you're banned??
Get Fucked, C_unt

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:57 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:What will happen is that Hit will beat Vegeta but Cabba tells Hit to leave Vegeta so he can finish him off.

Cabba isn't a backstabber like those Namakians. 8)

In terms of Vegeta falling out, at least he'll keep his arms when he does so. :lol:
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:18 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
sintzu wrote:

Lol to whoever thinks hit has a chance against goku or vegeta. Completed SSB would demolish hit.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:32 pm

Yeah, it's so easy to maintain the impression of Goku and Vegeta being this indomitable, ever progressing duo of stalwart juggernauts when everyone around them appears to lack the common sense to train on their own and seize opportunities. In Hit's case, it's compounded by the fact that he's shown nothing else that would enable him to compensate for a power discrepancy in the manga like he has, at least conceptually, in the anime. Saying that he has no chance against Goku and Vegeta is probably accurate now. I question how much weight Goku's assessment of Hit withholding killing based techniques will carry now since this is another competition where killing is forbidden and I question if Toyotaro even remembers that quote.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:24 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
sintzu wrote:

The chances of that happening are smaller than the most unlucky asian men's d**k

BTW, why does it say that you're banned? How can you post stuff if you're banned??
I guess I surpass banning like Jiren surpasses time. :lol:

It is actually because it takes some time to dissappear and change again to something else after your bans ends. That is why I can post as I'm not actually banned.
sintzu wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:What will happen is that Hit will beat Vegeta but Cabba tells Hit to leave Vegeta so he can finish him off.

Cabba isn't a backstabber like those Namakians. 8)

In terms of Vegeta falling out, at least he'll keep his arms when he does so. :lol:
Don't worry you will respect those Namekian arms more when they save Vegeta from falling out. :)
Last edited by namekiansaiyan on Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:36 pm

Can't wait for this week leaks lol
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:42 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:You will respect those Namkian arms more when they save Vegeta from falling out. :)
It's about time they did something useful other than tripping people. :lol:
jeffbr92 wrote:Can't wait for this week leaks lol
Hopefully we get some major developments in this chapter.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:24 pm

sintzu wrote:
:lol:

Do it Toyotaro!!

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:48 pm

To all the people dissing Hit, when goku asked if he's fine without killing techniques, Hit said that he hasn't been sitting idly since the last tournament. This basically confirms that Hit either learned to fight at full strength without killing, or there's something else planned for him.
My explanations for the events of my favorite current manga.

DBS Manga Explained: Goku Black's Transformations

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:01 pm

Bergamo wrote:To all the people dissing Hit, when goku asked if he's fine without killing techniques, Hit said that he hasn't been sitting idly since the last tournament. This basically confirms that Hit either learned to fight at full strength without killing, or there's something else planned for him.
I'm sure he's gotten stronger and/or learned to use his time skip more at full power but Goku and Vegeta are both massively more powerful than before and his time skip doesn't work on people who are stronger than him so I don't think he could take either

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:12 pm

ToshioWrites wrote:
Bergamo wrote:To all the people dissing Hit, when goku asked if he's fine without killing techniques, Hit said that he hasn't been sitting idly since the last tournament. This basically confirms that Hit either learned to fight at full strength without killing, or there's something else planned for him.
I'm sure he's gotten stronger and/or learned to use his time skip more at full power but Goku and Vegeta are both massively more powerful than before and his time skip doesn't work on people who are stronger than him so I don't think he could take either
The point is that Hit says that he doesn't think he will lose to Goku again, so it can be assumed that he won't be instantly fodderized by them. This is Toyotarou we're talking about, so no guarantees.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:13 pm

Bergamo wrote:
ToshioWrites wrote:
The point is that Hit says that he doesn't think he will lose to Goku again, so it can be assumed that he won't be instantly fodderized by them. This is Toyotarou we're talking about, so no guarantees.
Plus its not like Hit has any idea about their battles with black/zamasu/fused zamasu and the completion of ssb.

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:19 pm

ToshioWrites wrote:
Bergamo wrote:
ToshioWrites wrote:
Plus its not like Hit has any idea about their battles with black/zamasu/fused zamasu and the completion of ssb.
This is also a story, so it can be assumed that characters will serve narrative purposes, even if there isn't direct proof that they have the means to do so beforehand.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:22 pm

Bergamo wrote:
ToshioWrites wrote:
Bergamo wrote: The point is that Hit says that he doesn't think he will lose to Goku again, so it can be assumed that he won't be instantly fodderized by them. This is Toyotarou we're talking about, so no guarantees.
This is also a story, so it can be assumed that characters will serve narrative purposes, even if there isn't direct proof that they have the means to do so beforehand.
Regardless I don't think he will fight either of them. A fight like that imo would have been in the outline and Toei wouldn't skip that especially with tons of fans wanting a vegeta vs hit rematch. Unfortunately I think Hits "improvements" will be all for naught because he fights Jiren

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:46 pm

ToshioWrites wrote:
Bergamo wrote:
ToshioWrites wrote:
Regardless I don't think he will fight either of them. A fight like that imo would have been in the outline and Toei wouldn't skip that especially with tons of fans wanting a vegeta vs hit rematch. Unfortunately I think Hits "improvements" will be all for naught because he fights Jiren
I'm not saying the fight will definitely happen, and that Hit will be equal to Goku and Vegeta. I'm saying that it's pointless to state reasons why Hit's statement about improving is wrong or doesn't mean anything, because Dragonball is a story, not a power level list.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:10 pm

Hit can improve, but he is definitely not merged zamasu level.

Exline
Beyond Newbie

Post by Exline » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:18 pm

Bergamo wrote:
ToshioWrites wrote:
Bergamo wrote: This is also a story, so it can be assumed that characters will serve narrative purposes, even if there isn't direct proof that they have the means to do so beforehand.
I'm not saying the fight will definitely happen, and that Hit will be equal to Goku and Vegeta. I'm saying that it's pointless to state reasons why Hit's statement about improving is wrong or doesn't mean anything, because Dragonball is a story, not a power level list.
Um, it kinda feels like it's degraded from story to power level list in many ways. Thankfully, Toyotaro is fixing that somewhat. :D

And why do people keep bringing up the outline as if everything it details is definitely going to happen or not?
The only outline I've seen is the one Herms put up on his twitter and the one posted on this forum a while ago and it barely gives us any information on the tournament. We even get hints that the original draft is different compared to the revised draft. We are not completely aware of everything that will happen in the tournament (specifically in the manga version).

If I'm wrong, please let me know if am, as well as what outline you are reading to make sure whether or not we are looking at the same one.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:22 pm

Exline wrote:
Bergamo wrote:
ToshioWrites wrote:
Um, it kinda feels like it's degraded from story to power level list in many ways. Thankfully, Toyotaro is fixing that somewhat. :D

And why do people keep bringing up the outline as if everything it details is definitely going to happen or not?
The only outline I've seen is the one Herms put up on his twitter and the one posted on this forum a while ago and it barely gives us any information on the tournament. We even get hints that the original draft is different compared to the revised draft. We are not completely aware of everything that will happen in the tournament (specifically in the manga version).

If I'm wrong, please let me know if am, as well as what outline you are reading to make sure whether or not we are looking at the same one.
The outline is about how about universe 11 vs 7. Toriyama already wrote the order of elimination, and how and by who they are eliminated.

Exline
Beyond Newbie

Post by Exline » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:26 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Exline wrote:
Bergamo wrote:

The outline is about how about universe 11 vs 7. Toriyama already wrote the order of elimination, and how and by who they are eliminated.
They state this occurs in a original draft, implying there is a new draft. They even state Caulifla and Kale were not in the original draft either, furthering the assumption that revisions were definitely made. Meaning not everything in either the revision or the original is set in stone.

This same outline explains that Dyspo, Toppo, Jiren, and Quitela were one of the first few characters made for this arc, right? If so then we are reading the same outline.