"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:56 am

Michsi wrote:
Youth isnt really the dudes issue, he probably wants to ask for whatever there is of his sealed power that may not be able to access at 100% back

TKA
Advanced Regular

Post by TKA » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:19 am

That... is probably not a Toriyama design. There’s too many lines and too much inking and shading. Toriyama tends to go for more “clean” and “simple” designs.
The Creatives who inspire me: Akira Toriyama, George Lucas, Chris Nolan, J. R. R. Tolkien and Zack Snyder

http://i.imgur.com/XAnj7Yi.jpg

You saw Batman v Superman? Is it the Ultimate Edition? No? Then you haven't seen Batman v Superman. Also, the Snyder Cut is the greatest, non-deconstructionist ensemble comic book film ever made.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:27 am

Didn't feel Moro's design until now, but cloak-less he looks very nice! Not a homerun or anything, but it's a solid design. The Namek setting is intreresting as well. Looking forward to this one!
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:47 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Michsi wrote:
Youth isnt really the dudes issue, he probably wants to ask for whatever there is of his sealed power that may not be able to access at 100% back
Yeah, but my guess is that he will go from scrawny-sh and wrinkled to a buff buck once he gets that power back so it would pretty much feel the same. Just baseless speculation, but I'm I wouldn't be surprised if it went down that route.

BWri

Post by BWri » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:55 am

shadd21 wrote:Three leaked images of the chapter.
I somehow ended up talking about this particular point a lot in these forums, on Youtube, and IRL these last few weeks but does this mean Vegeta will actually acknowledge the Namekians he slaughtered a while back. It would bring some closure of that incident to someone like me who's been holding that over Vegeta's head for years now.
Michsi wrote:
It would make him almost like a canon version of Slug, keeping in theme with canonizing movie ideas.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:05 am

BWri wrote:
I somehow ended up talking about this particular point a lot in these forums, on Youtube, and IRL these last few weeks but does this mean Vegeta will actually acknowledge the Namekians he slaughtered a while back. It would bring some closure of that incident to someone like me who's been holding that over Vegeta's head for years now.
Michsi wrote:
It would make him almost like a canon version of Slug, keeping in theme with canonizing movie ideas.

He does actually acknowledge it whether one line is enough for you though

https://twitter.com/cipher_db/status/10 ... 24609?s=21

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:20 am

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:04 pm

BWri wrote:
Michsi wrote:
Slug is already a copy of Demon King Piccolo. I rather Moro be at Namek to steal the dragon balls and make another wish. Or he’s gonna absorb the planet’s genki since Namek is quite the green nature-like planet.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:07 pm

Please tell me they’re praying to Zalama in this picture. I need the Namekian Book of legends and Zalama to at least be brought up during the time spent on New Namek.
Maybe Moro is on Namek to steal the book.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

LimitbreakerKrillin
Not-So-Newbie

Post by LimitbreakerKrillin » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:33 pm

Moro looks pretty sick. Looks like they took baphomet as inspiration for his design

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:35 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:Please tell me they’re praying to Zalama in this picture. I need the Namekian Book of legends and Zalama to at least be brought up during the time spent on New Namek.
I'd love it if that's what Moro is there for. Or maybe he'll summon Porunga and "eat" him. That'd be a twist instead of just getting a wish.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:45 pm

Sora Saiyan wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:Please tell me they’re praying to Zalama in this picture. I need the Namekian Book of legends and Zalama to at least be brought up during the time spent on New Namek.
I'd love it if that's what Moro is there for. Or maybe he'll summon Porunga and "eat" him. That'd be a twist instead of just getting a wish.
The way i expect this confrontation to go is that Moro ends up winning by stealing Goku and Vegeta’s genki and the genki of Planet Namek and then makes off with either the dragon balls or the book of legends. Inb4 he can steal more then just genki. Maybe he can steal god ki? Vegeta happens to be in god mode right now so...

BWri

Post by BWri » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:22 pm

Kinokima wrote:
BWri wrote:

Oh wow! Thanks for sharing! It's not really enough when you consider he killed a village of innocent Namekians that were never wished back, buuuuuuuut it does redeem Vegeta for me, the fact that he's acknowledged what he's done and is actively trying to make it right.

That's probably the last roadblock preventing me from fully embracing his character. I am satisfied. Lets see if he can break into my top 10 now.
AnimeNation101 wrote: Slug is already a copy of Demon King Piccolo. I rather Moro be at Namek to steal the dragon balls and make another wish. Or he’s gonna absorb the planet’s genki since Namek is quite the green nature-like planet.
Definitely and I don't think what I said is going to be true, I just find it interesting especially if it is true, just how much they are canonizing the movie ideas. I'm honestly not sure what he's up to. This is the first time in DB that I couldn't more or less figure a villain out.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:41 pm

BWri wrote:
Kinokima wrote:
BWri wrote: I somehow ended up talking about this particular point a lot in these forums, on Youtube, and IRL these last few weeks but does this mean Vegeta will actually acknowledge the Namekians he slaughtered a while back. It would bring some closure of that incident to someone like me who's been holding that over Vegeta's head for years now.

Oh wow! Thanks for sharing! It's not really enough when you consider he killed a village of innocent Namekians that were never wished back, buuuuuuuut it does redeem Vegeta for me, the fact that he's acknowledged what he's done and is actively trying to make it right.

That's probably the last roadblock preventing me from fully embracing his character. I am satisfied. Lets see if he can break into my top 10 now.
I always assumed they were wished back at a later time. But I guess it was never shown so it’s just speculation. I don’t see why they wouldn’t be though.

I am a Vegeta fan and wish there was more too though. I’d love for them to explore Vegeta’s past and how he feels about the things he did back then. I doubt Dragon Ball will ever explore something like that though .

BWri

Post by BWri » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:13 pm

Kinokima wrote:I always assumed they were wished back at a later time. But I guess it was never shown so it’s just speculation. I don’t see why they wouldn’t be though.
It's a very sensible conclusion to make. I just tend not to assume anything about the series anymore unless its outright shown or stated. Toriyama's method of writing is too unpredictable to assume sensible things, for me anyway. Like one would assume Tien got the best of King Kai's training since he was there far longer than everyone else and started out stronger than Goku when he started training, but he's never shown us Kaioken or spirit bomb.
I am a Vegeta fan and wish there was more too though. I’d love for them to explore Vegeta’s past and how he feels about the things he did back then. I doubt Dragon Ball will ever explore something like that though .
This is the closest I can see them getting, but you know what, I can accept that. Vegeta is actually showing remorse for something he considered trivial all those years back and he's looking to atone. That's an awesome character development and now Vegeta is becoming more of a hero than Goku.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:58 pm

BWri wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: Slug is already a copy of Demon King Piccolo. I rather Moro be at Namek to steal the dragon balls and make another wish. Or he’s gonna absorb the planet’s genki since Namek is quite the green nature-like planet.
Definitely and I don't think what I said is going to be true, I just find it interesting especially if it is true, just how much they are canonizing the movie ideas. I'm honestly not sure what he's up to. This is the first time in DB that I couldn't more or less figure a villain out.
Maybe its that this is a Toyo written villian rather than a Toriyama one.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:20 pm

Really curious about what that Freeza soldier is doing there. Feels like he got too much spotlight to be anything more than a callback, I wouldn't doubt it if Freeza is involved in this arc.

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:15 pm

Meshack wrote:
Shaddy wrote:
Yes, it’s New Planet Namecc, but why are you complaining? The chapter literally isn’t out yet
GreatJaiyaman wrote:
Shaddy wrote:
It never fails, someone always has to complain right off the bat. Maybe this will lead into
Okay THIS attitude annoys me. I can give things the benefit of the doubt, you don't need to push this "UWU HE'S CONDEMMING OUR SWEET PRECIOUS MANGA FOREVERRR" bullshit just because I don't want to see Namek again. But please, do continue this narrative of "XDDD check out these haterz" just because I happen to have a preference, and disregard how much I actually overlook in saying I still like this series.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:35 pm

They're giving their thanks to the "gods" (神々) in order to protect their current peace.

I also give Moro a zero-percent chance of being a Toriyama design at this point. That's Toyotaro all the way through. Way too busy for Toriyama, and his middle section especially recalls Shiirasu's from World Mission, which Toyotaro commented on being so fussy about.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:50 pm

Thats actually a pretty good idea. If here were just their to try and get his youth back it would be pretty boring, but if his trip is part of a bigger plot and that well its an improvement. I mean for a magic user you don't train to get stronger, you study... or drain whole planets of their lifeforce, whatever's on the table at the time.