"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Namz
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Namz » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:15 pm

Legion wrote:
Quitela is kinda excited to settle the hierarchy of the Hakaishin in the match. After all, he's the only one who defeated Beerus...
Beerus retorts that he's never been defeated in combat! That was only an arm wrestling match!
Vermoud reveals the last emergency summons was because of Beerus nearly resulting in all the universes being destroyed.
Before Shin became a Kaioshin, Zeno called them all together for a game of hide and seek throughout all the universes.
Beerus fell asleep for 50 years while hiding, resulting in the competition being canceled and upsetting Zeno.
Goku is surprised Beerus is doing so well., but Whis says he's getting to the "body reacts instinctively" teachings in practice.
The Hakaishin who wins will be granted a prize by Zeno, while any who don't fight all out will be erased on the spot.
Quitela? seriously? :roll: and about the mortal that a God can't defeat? he can't be in U4.
At least copy everything. You missed the following:

(Universes 8's gods are late to Zeno's palace because their Kaioshin is in the bathroom.)

The manga actually has Hakaishin Helles draw attention to the fact that there are now two of Zeno. He introduces himself to them.

Meanwhile, Champa wants to know why Beerus' human is with Zeno.

Oh yeah. Forgot Rumoosh was worried the summons was about Zamasu's crusade the 2nd time they appear. Threatened to trample Gowasu if it was.

Despite celebrating his 87,910,715 day, Vermoud is thinking of retiring as a Hakaishin soon. He brought Toppo to the summons because he's training him as his replacement.

*Grand Priest announces the tournament*
Mosco: "Beep beep!"
Ea: "Mo-Mosco-sama! How could you say such a thing in front of Zeno-sama...?!"

Rewinding a bit. Sidra wonders what's going on when they arrive. It's been a while since the last summons for all of them.

As Champa and Beerus fight over Goku causing trouble, Quitela guesses that this summons has something to do with Beerus AGAIN.

The Hakaishin battle in the equivalent to the Zen Exhibition Match for the same reason: Future Zeno has never seen a tournament.

The Grand Priest tells the Haikaishin to enter the ring for the exhibition match. Pretty much all the gods are surprised, and Rumoosh wonders if they'll be fighting in the "tournament of power" too?

The Grand Priest says that as inhabitants of their universes, they should step up as representatives. (This is presumably only for the exhibition match, unless there's a later manga plot point to only include humans/mortals.)

Quitela asks what the rules are to the tournament. Grand Priest says they will decide based on this match, so everyone just fight at once.

Everyone else finally takes notice of Goku's relation to Beerus & Universe 7 when he cheers on the Hakaishin.

All the other Hakaishin blame them for the tournament and their's lives being on the line in this exhibition match.

This pours oil onto the fire and Quitela reminds Beerus that he's already pissed off all the gods before.

All the other Hakaishin had to go to great lengths to quell his anger, leading to their dislike of Beerus. Tho some have personal beefs too.

The exhibition begins. Everyone decides to gang up on Beerus, though he manages to handle them with relative ease.

Goku is surprised Beerus is doing so well., but Whis says he's getting to the "body reacts instinctively" teachings in practice. Though even he's not perfect, and get's caught by Mosco.

Beerus escapes, uses Champa as a distraction, and attacks a group of Hakaishin...who are protected by Sidra's speed at barrier creation.

Vermoud attacks Sidra once the barrier drops. Gin wonder's why. Vermoud says this match isn't a place to cooperate: only 1 can be strongest.

Quitela agrees. Things are just starting to get fun! However, Beerus doesn't share that opinion. The match is now survival of the fittest.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:19 pm

So Beerus is only doing so well thanks to that "moving without thinking" stuff Whis goes on about all the time.....cool and makes sense.

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:22 pm

I think you guys are getting mixed up. The person who beat Beerus in an arm wrestling match and the person who is stronger than all Gods of Destruction are most likely two different people. From out latest translations, if i'm not mistaken, there hasn't been anything said about any mortal being stronger than all Gods of Destructions in the manga. The only thing that was said was the arm wrestling loss from Beerus.

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:24 pm

Sorry for the double post, but right when I made my post above, was the exact same time TheDevilsCorpse made this post:

https://twitter.com/DragonBallRedux/sta ... 7986828288

So, as you all can see, they are not necessarily the same person as of now.

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:24 pm

Seems like Beerus just gets under everyones skin. A game of hide and seek though is pretty funny.

I super want the Hakaishin that's stronger than Beerus to be Quitilla. They just seem to have a pretty big hate boner for each other. Plus the cat and mouse thing. I guess this is for sure the Exhibition match then. Okie doke. Can't wait to see how this wraps up. Though I suppose it will result in a Goku vs Toppo thing since the gods are still blaming Goku here.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:25 pm

It's hilarious how Beerus fell asleep for 50 years playing a game of hide and seek. :lol: He's such a cat, so silly.

Toppo being trained to be a Hakaishin, that isn't in the anime right? It's a nice detail.

Nice to see that the "moving without thinking" bit is coming into fruition. The first panel where Beerus dodges perfectly shows this, look at how absent-minded Beerus is, 5 starts to Toyotarõ on that one.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:28 pm

LightBing wrote:It's hilarious how Beerus fell asleep for 50 years playing a game of hide and seek. :lol: He's such a cat, so silly.

Toppo being trained to be a Hakaishin, that isn't in the anime right? It's a nice detail.

Nice to see that the "moving without thinking" bit is coming into fruition. The first panel where Beerus dodges perfectly shows this, look at how absent-minded Beerus is, 5 starts to Toyotarõ on that one.
No that is in the anime, or rather Toei's website.
superfan2024 wrote:Sorry for the double post, but right when I made my post above, was the exact same time TheDevilsCorpse made this post:

And while you may be right, given that other informastion such as Toppo being trained to be the a GoD is almost identical to the anime so it is possible the case as well.

We'll wait and see.

Namz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Namz » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:28 pm

superfan2024 wrote:Sorry for the double post, but right when I made my post above, was the exact same time TheDevilsCorpse made this post:

We don't know that. It could be a good plot twist that the strongest one is really someone nobody suspected.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:30 pm

Namz wrote:

We don't know that. It could be a good plot twist that the strongest one is really someone nobody suspected.
Lol its Damom the bug man!

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:37 pm

But in the manga this mortal exists?

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:38 pm

This chapter is so good

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:43 pm

I don't think a point like this would be different between the anime and manga. Could have a plot twist later on and they say the guy stronger then Quitela has died of old age or something, so they only have weak guys now.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Daemul

Post by Daemul » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:51 pm

I mean, it should be obvious to anyone at this point that it would be Quitela. He is literally the only GoD other than Champa who Beerus has had actual proper interaction with in the anime, the only GoD other than Champa who has been shown to have a history and relationship(terrible one at that) with Beerus and he is flat out called Beerus' rival in his bio. Toei haven't been subtle about it at all.
Last edited by Daemul on Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:56 pm

Namz wrote:

Hence why I said "as of now."

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:23 pm

If this really is true and the mortal is from U4 than Toei is a genius letting us trick its Jiren. Respect for Toei

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:28 pm

Keep in mind that the mortal stronger than his God of Destruction can be absent from the tournament if he doesn't want to enter, for some reason. There's no one that could force him to participate.

Also, despite some differences, it seems the manga and the anime are being pretty similar. Lots of tidbits ended up being the same.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:29 pm

Pannaliciour wrote:If this really is true and the mortal is from U4 than Toei is a genius letting us trick its Jiren. Respect for Toei
if the mortal is from U4 then why isn't he in the Tournament
Feels over Reals.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:35 pm

Pannaliciour wrote:If this really is true and the mortal is from U4 than Toei is a genius letting us trick its Jiren. Respect for Toei
Pretty sure people here don't buy jiren being that mortal stronger than his god
Anyways I don't buy quitela being that God in the anime
He wanted to take out frieza right before the tournament
RedHeat wrote:
Same if your universe is on the line why not accept the offer of going where you could stomp all fighters there

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:39 pm

RedHeat wrote:
They might have simply refused to attend. Caulifla, Tien and 17 weren't going to during their recruitment episodes even though two of them knew what was on the line.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:47 pm

Only thing that makes me wonder about this for the anime version is the fact that Quitela was worried about Freeza at first. Also he should be the calmest Hakaishin there if he knows he has that all powerful warrior at his disposal.